PDA

View Full Version : NEW IOS UPDATE: Quantum Leap Error

rosko247
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Since the update, I've found that one player has been able to jump around and utilize other people's accounts. Luckily, he's trustworthy, but if he weren't, he'd be able to do whatever he wants with those people's account. He is able to "quantum leap" around and is a new person every time he opens the game. Why do you release updates with so many issues? I'd be fired at my job.

Plutonium 238
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Since the update, I've found that one player has been able to jump around and utilize other people's accounts. Luckily, he's trustworthy, but if he weren't, he'd be able to do whatever he wants with those people's account. He is able to "quantum leap" around and is a new person every time he opens the game. Why do you release updates with so many issues? I'd be fired at my job.

Depends on what you do for a living,

No software company has it easy with all the different devices, all the other different software,.....

bigman
06-12-2013, 04:31 PM
To make a game and to update all the devices is not easy task ,, I know

Death00
06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
If the main problem is hacking it seems updates would make it harder to cheat instead of making new vulnerabilities.

PITA4PRES
06-12-2013, 07:23 PM
The mods have reported that this has affected some people, and they are in the process of fixing it. Sometimes just exiting out fixes the problem. If the person is still having the problem CJ stated that it can be fixed manually.

helloooOonurse
06-12-2013, 08:08 PM
CJ, SIRIUS, QUEENPIN

my faction-mate's account was temporarily fixed but now, after each and every reload/reopen, she has a diff person's account. she has now gone through up to 5 different accounts.

Blue_Flames
06-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Hoping my next leap... Will be the leap home...

Ok, so I don't have the glitch, but I couldn't leave the title without the punch line :)

Shauny
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I really need this sorting. My buildings are now very vulnerable.

Booje
06-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Good luck to everyone dealing with this issue. Last month my account disappeared from my devise for no apparent reason. It took them 9 days for them to restore it. I plan to keep an eye on forums to see when it's safe to update

Drama Llama
06-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Best theme tune ever....and you just put it in my head, thanks for that! :)

rutty
06-13-2013, 03:37 AM
I wonder what Ziggy has to say about all this?

THQ
06-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Good luck to everyone dealing with this issue. Last month my account disappeared from my devise for no apparent reason. It took them 9 days for them to restore it. I plan to keep an eye on forums to see when it's safe to update
My account disappeared off my device today after I installed the update. Hope it can be resolved soon, missing out on a lot of units from the LTQ event.

interox
06-13-2013, 06:38 AM
To make a game and to update all the devices is not easy task ,, I know
Perhaps this is an issue with android but not iOS. There is no fragmentation with iOS so that's not a good excuse. Gree is just incompetent.

Harley's Realm
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Best theme tune ever....and you just put it in my head, thanks for that! :)

Ever since I installed the new IOS update yesterday when it first came out. I have had somebody else account. Was wondering when this was going to be fixed? Yes I have uninstalled game & reinstalled many times & nothing works. Would really like to get back to my game.

helloooOonurse
06-13-2013, 05:20 PM
It is really, really not funny to joke about this kind of thing.

We're getting the accounts back in place; it looks like a couple dozen people were affected.

EDIT: Some details. Some of the people that logged on right after the update; their accounts basically knocked into each other in the database; most affected accounts got disassociated from any device and were just hanging in limbo. It was thankfully short-lived, and if the fix we just pushed doesn't work for a small number of people, we can fix it from here manually.

any updates CJ or SIRIUS?

CJ mentioned you can fix it from here manually. what does that mean? can we post ticket numbers here and then you can work from there?

thanks in advance

Wai
06-13-2013, 05:23 PM
The fix hasn't worked. So what now developers?

mu2222
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
There is credit card info on these acc don't lie cj man up and fix 1 thing it's not hard but u guys have no clue

Crackster21
06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Ever since I installed the new IOS update yesterday when it first came out. I have had somebody else account. Was wondering when this was going to be fixed? Yes I have uninstalled game & reinstalled many times & nothing works. Would really like to get back to my game.

Same thing happened to me. Gree told me it was my fault some how. I've post my account I spent hundreds on. Since in lucky and it keeps opening others accounts for me. Gree better fix this real soon or everyone's account I touch will lose everything. I will sell every building and spam on their accounts like no other. So please gree fix this giant f up ASAP.

mu2222
06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
They won't answer cuz they don't have a clue I'd do better to many cooks syndrome

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I have ios and I havent gotten my account back either. Really frustrating. Im having withdrawals waiting. Im sure ive lost millions by now and was set to pass the prestige event.

lemonhaze
06-13-2013, 07:01 PM
They won't answer cuz they don't have a clue I'd do better to many cooks syndrome lol they are scratching their heads wondering how they gonna get this fix..its really sad to see the type of employees this company hires..im glad i didnt update mine yet..ive been a free player now for the past 30 days and man what a relief its been

Wai
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Same thing happened to me. Gree told me it was my fault some how. I've post my account I spent hundreds on. Since in lucky and it keeps opening others accounts for me. Gree better fix this real soon or everyone's account I touch will lose everything. I will sell every building and spam on their accounts like no other. So please gree fix this giant f up ASAP.

Crackster, That would be a terrible thing to do.

Those people would be in the same position as you. They may have spent up to 2 years developing it and could have spent 100s if not 1,000s of dollars on it.

Why would you harm them when they are not at fault at all. All they want is their game back like you.

I hope everyone simply respects it and doesn't touch another's game. It's not of their doing. It would be quite wrong.

NikMil
06-16-2013, 11:48 PM
I have been effected by this glitch and have been without my character since Wednesday.
Gree have told it has been fixed, but instead I was given yet another Character.
I have tried to be a good neighbour and assist with LTQs and collecting income but have since found out that someone has sold all of my buildings and basically gone out of their way to mess up my game.

I sincerely hope that this gets sorted out soon as I have missed out on the opportunity to complete LTQs and other events....and now need to start again from scratch when it's sorted out.

CJ, I think players who have suffered this kind of injustice through no fault of their own deserve recompense for their inconvenience. Be good to hear your thoughts....and please pm me regarding this issue.
Bigus from AS1 has already contacted you and a ticket has been submitted, but so far no progress!!!!

Roscoe782
06-17-2013, 04:53 AM
I have been effected by this glitch and have been without my character since Wednesday.
Gree have told it has been fixed, but instead I was given yet another Character.
I have tried to be a good neighbour and assist with LTQs and collecting income but have since found out that someone has sold all of my buildings and basically gone out of their way to mess up my game.

I sincerely hope that this gets sorted out soon as I have missed out on the opportunity to complete LTQs and other events....and now need to start again from scratch when it's sorted out.

CJ, I think players who have suffered this kind of injustice through no fault of their own deserve recompense for their inconvenience. Be good to hear your thoughts....and please pm me regarding this issue.
Bigus from AS1 has already contacted you and a ticket has been submitted, but so far no progress!!!!

This has been very unfortunate for nikmil and Steve. The only caveat is I have been in contact with Iaso, not CJ about the mess. I was real excited the day i was told everything was fixed, only to then hear you had a different toon and not your own.

I also agree this needs to be addressed post haste. The fact that screenshots show half to 3/4 of your base sold is very sad as well.

Anonymously Yours
06-17-2013, 04:59 AM
I had lost my game 3 times in 3 days. Yes, the little dude went missing again this morning. Today, he took off or was avatarnapped. Either way, lil man is gone. I've reported it, again. I guess someone will get to it, or maybe not. I'm out if the F v. F event. If there is a MW event, I wonder what that'll be like? It's coming full circle, ain't it?

THQ
06-17-2013, 05:26 AM
My base has disappeared off my phone since last Wednesday morning and still is missing. Missed out on 2 days of Gone Rogue, first ever Faction tournament and now looks like I'll miss the whole launcher case event as well possibly even the boss event. Haven't heard a single word from any developers or admins on the forums mentioning any progress on this issue other than the fact that they're working on it and should get it fixed soon. They said that last Thursday by the way and it's now 4 days without any updates on their progress. Iaso sent me a message asking for information and I responded with the appropriate information needed but haven't heard from him since he first sent me a message 2 days ago.

What annoys me the most is that I submitted a ticket to Gree with the issue I'm having and they responded 3 days later saying things that were completely useless. They said they changed how the transfer system works and now they've made it easier for players to transfer their games from one device to another. Then after that they went through the steps on how to transfer my game onto my device...??? How the F am I supposed to transfer the game onto my device when it disappeared. I am still using the same device it's not like I've changed devices or anything. Somehow it's my fault. Seriously Gree I'm giving you four more days tops. If it's still not fixed by then I'm done with all of your games forever. You have my words. Do the right thing and start taking some serious action because this is a serious matter that should of been fixed already.

Shauny
06-17-2013, 08:45 AM
This is becoming a little silly now. I haven't had my account for five days, I have sent a couple of tickets with my id level and allie count. So basically anything I can send to speed up the process but haven't heard a ****y bird from them. It is so frustrating to think that someone is having a fun old time with my account that I have taken the time to build up to a reasonable level.
I really Hope this is sorted soon.

Roscoe782
06-17-2013, 06:43 PM
This is still an ongoing problem for many people and I am sure that people would like it fixed before the boss event...

Roscoe782
06-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Well. Our faction's first casualty. One of the two members previously mentioned is now done with MW. Big gold spender too GREE. It seems to be a running trend here which is sad. If things remain stagnant in the service department maybe you can bat 1.000 and have both members of our faction quit the game, making it 2 outta 2.

I also feel sorry for the character my buddy is in charge of. When he quits, I am sure that person will be lost as well...

Sinner
06-17-2013, 08:56 PM
This is really B.S. !!! We are losing good friends and teammates over this. WTF if anything is being done ? I don't care if you ban me but please for gods sake fix this !!! If you can't , find someone who can. And what are you going to do to make up for what has been lost ? Not just their base being sold off but their lost time in events and missed events , Income etc ... I don't understand how nothing has been done yet. Are you all on vacation ? Incompetent ? Screw the hackers you obviously can't do anything about them but the honest players are getting the shaft. Come on guys !

Sinner
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Fixed Yet ?

Shauny
06-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Nope I'm still waiting.

NikMil
06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Still waiting patiently.

NikMil
06-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Anybody had any luck in getting their issues resolved? Or had any progress at least?

Scoucer
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM

Well that's one way to ensure donations come in... Lol

Roscoe782
06-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Nikmil...a guy buy the name of LJ still has your account. He posted as you on your wall...

Sinner
06-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Not fixed yet ? Hope everyone likes seeing this thread , it's gonna be on top for awhile

Anonymously Yours
06-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Different people keep responding asking the same questions. I always "bcc" myself, so I simply "copy & paste" the answers. Actually, this is more entertaining than the game. I'm also saving money.

NikMil
06-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by CJ54
It is really, really not funny to joke about this kind of thing.

We're getting the accounts back in place; it looks like a couple dozen people were affected.

EDIT: Some details. Some of the people that logged on right after the update; their accounts basically knocked into each other in the database; most affected accounts got disassociated from any device and were just hanging in limbo. It was thankfully short-lived, and if the fix we just pushed doesn't work for a small number of people, we can fix it from here manually.

So CJ / Admins......how exactly do you do this manually.
I have posted several forum posts, sent private messages and raised a ticket all to no avail, it is now SIX days without even the courtesy of a response.
I have missed two events and am currently missing the 3rd. I have invested a lot of time and money on my character...is it too much to ask for some assistance in getting it returned ?!?

Sinner
06-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Still not fixed ??)

Sinner
06-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone got cj54 cell # ?

Sinner
06-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Have issues been resolved yet ?

Shauny
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Nope still waiting for my account back , but more shockingly still waiting for a response.

NikMil
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I would urge all people still without their own Bases to lodge a formal complaint with the BBB at www.bbb.org and send a request to Apple to try and reclaim any money spent on gold.

The pure inaction of this company is despicable and is tantamount to theft as we now no longer possess the items which we have spent our own money on Gold to obtain!!!!

Will they listen to us then?!?

Agent Orange
06-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Imagine what is going to happen when IOS 7 goes release. Oh and this is also now happening in War of Nations I lost one of my bases and have sent in reports.

Sinner
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Exploit no solved yet ?

THQ
06-19-2013, 11:50 PM
More than a week and still waiting, got a response from Gree a few days ago and they just provided me with useless information. Haven't heard from them since then. Definitely will get refunds on my purchases because this is just outrageous.

Adm.J
06-20-2013, 05:05 AM
So is it safe to update yet or not? I know issues with people who already updated are still ongoing, but was the initial screw up fixed?

mickymacirl
06-20-2013, 05:08 AM
I've been locked out for 3 days now but I am sure they are working on it (?)

Sinner
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Still two of my mates lost in cyberspace ! Please help them !

NikMil
06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
CJ54...
Why is it you can post a response on the 'Why-Gree-needs-to-make-a-change-to-its-Bonus-Gold-program' thread within hours of it being opened, yet we are still waiting days on the threads for lost players.
Can this issue be sorted, or shall we just give up now?!?!?!?!?

Sinner
06-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Agree that is ridiculous , just an update or response would be nice. Let us know something is being done please .

THQ
06-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Just got my account back after 8 days since it went missing. If your account is still missing then you should get it restored soon.

mickymacirl
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Me too, just got my account back this morning, thanks CJ.

Thankfully all my buildings are now sync'ed! :P

Roscoe782
06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Nikmil....have u the same luck as the two above?

Jaebee
06-24-2013, 05:19 AM
CJ, we also still have a member frozen out due to this, when will it be restored?