PDA

View Full Version : Rise above the faction name changing!

Blitz.BestoftheBest
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Hello all,

With the advent of the new iOS update and the ability to change names, we have reached a juncture, and I would beseech you that you choose the high road.

Now that everyone can change their names, factions can have everyone in the faction with a single name, making intel gathering and scouting much more difficult for the opposing team.

This is actually a lose-lose situation. The more that do it, the more difficult it will be for your faction to find targets as well. Game theory says that the optimal strategy here is for factions to not have everyone's name be changed. Assuming and average of 50 members per faction in the upper tiers, this is 2,500 gold that could be put to better use, or roughly 100,000-150,000 extra WD points from offense.

It also means that while the unicorns on your team will be harder to find, people will likely spend less time trying to find them, dropping the number of defensive points you will win from the opposing team losing scouting attacks.

So, choose the high road, and don't go for a mono-named faction. The only result will be that factions will have to spend MORE GOLD on average to maintain the same levels of points. What does this accomplish? More income for Gree without any benefits to you. Don't give in. It may seem flashy and creative. It's not. And it will make wars less fun for EVERYONE except for Gree. Oh, and it will also make reporting hackers WAY harder. Do you want hackers to get away with cheating even easier than they already do? Didn't think so.

Feel free to discuss. Or better yet, take a pledge as a faction not to buy into this shenanigans and buffoonery.

-Blitz

Beamer
06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Sounds like you need to change your strategy on scouting you don't need names just numbers scouting stays the same.

DME
06-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I believe that most people value their individuality/sense of identity too much to do that.
I do foresee some changing their names to impersonate others (especially those that are doing questionable things).

Plutonium 238
06-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Harder yes but not that much harder
We've already had to deal with this when WD started, top factions had same name

Blitz.BestoftheBest
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Exactly. Had. Most abandoned it, and with good reason.

Mcdoc
06-12-2013, 06:53 PM
As hard as it makes it for others to gather intel on your team it makes it just as hard for you to decipher who the freeloading slacker is in your faction - been there done that!

When we had our entire faction named "250k def" back in Greenland when 250k was actually somewhat intimidating - we could not tell ourselves apart on the list inside the WD interface - making it hard to see who was participating - and which ones were doing nothing at all.

The order people are listed in the WD interface is not the same order as the members list under faction - it seems people are listed in the order in which they made their first attack in the WD campaign.

Corsair
06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Actually, they changed that a couple of battles ago. It now sorts in the same order as faction lineup.

BurnNotice69
06-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Really? Factions would change all their players names to the same name? That's honestly about ridiculous, because if you named them all "Alex", for example, and Alex declared war when none of the other Alex's were ready, the Alex leader would yell at Alex & none of the other Alex's would know if it was them the leader was yelling at, then they would eventually get upset and all leave the faction. Ok, so make another comparison, but I think you get the drift.

So, not only for all the other reasons listed above, my example would be more easy to comprehend, I believe. If not, how about when one of the Alex gives the most donations and another Alex doesn't give anything. Which Alex are you going to kick out of the all "Alex" faction?

So, switching to a single name faction is about dumb & if they do it, they deserve the headaches that come with it, IMHO.

Wai
06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Really? Factions would change all their players names to the same name? That's honestly about ridiculous, because if you named them all "Alex", for example, and Alex declared war when none of the other Alex's were ready, the Alex leader would yell at Alex & none of the other Alex's would know if it was them the leader was yelling at, then they would eventually get upset and all leave the faction. Ok, so make another comparison, but I think you get the drift.

So, not only for all the other reasons listed above, my example would be more easy to comprehend, I believe. If not, how about when one of the Alex gives the most donations and another Alex doesn't give anything. Which Alex are you going to kick out of the all "Alex" faction?

So, switching to a single name faction is about dumb & if they do it, they deserve the headaches that come with it, IMHO.

That's an old trick that had a minor confusion factor three or more wars ago. For those considering doing it now, its 'old hat' and is pointless. The experience actually improved scouting because a quicker reporting method is now used.

But if you want to spend your money, it's your call.