PDA

View Full Version : To go for Boss50 or to camp it out for the next?

Legen...dary
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm currently 10 days old, lvl24 with 1005 experience to spare before lvl26. I just completed Boss41. I'm at 13,215Atk (hitting the boss with 13,050 damage) and 14,473Def.

There are some unknowns that prevent me from deciding to camp or to go for Boss50. What is the best course of action here?

1. I have a syndicate member that couldn't trigger the Tier1 Boss while on lvl25 (very close to 26). It refused to trigger until he hit Tier2 and then the "boss" screen popped up with the "level up" screen. This would be disastrous if I didn't go for Boss50 this time. Did anyone else experience this?

2. What are the chances of seeing another boss in between the next two wars so I don't have to camp and pray for over a month?

3. Defensive wins during the war(s) and while waiting for the next boss event could push me into Tier2. Yes or No?

4. What are the chances GREE will re-write the tiers, or some other way, deny me the next boss50?

I think that I don't have enough information to make an informed decision. There are just too many unknowns. Do I go for Boss50 or do I go for the hard camp? What do you think?

dudeman
06-12-2013, 02:13 PM
The boss remains whichever tier it was at for you based on your level at the beginning of the event. You'll be tier one for this boss regardless of what you do, but you might have to avoid playing entirely if you expect to stay in tier 1 for the next boss too.

Sounds like you last chance at a boss in tier 1.

the_brein
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I think there's gonna be a lot of temptation between now and then. GREE is certainly in the business of mixin things up right now. I'd have to get it while the gettin was good.

I've got no stats or data to back this up. Just a complete disdain of camping boss.

Legen...dary
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
The boss remains whichever tier it was at for you based on your level at the beginning of the event. You'll be tier one for this boss regardless of what you do, but you might have to avoid playing entirely if you expect to stay in tier 1 for the next boss too.

Sounds like you last chance at a boss in tier 1.

Are you saying that there isn't much chance of camping under 26 until the next boss? ...experience from defensive wins? I Know that I'll stay Tier1 this whole event and that I Can beat the boss50 (which will push me into Tier2 for Next time). Is there a good chance of staying Tier1 for the next boss if I stop now? If there is then I Should camp.

(CCK) Cam
06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Rob laundromats or carousels to trigger the boss. It only gives 1 XP.

GravyTrain
06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I say go for it now just in case next event is to far out. If it is and you missed this chance you will not get it back. So get the prize while you can. Either way you won't be able to get 2 Grand prizes for this one and next one,so go for it if you can.

dudeman
06-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Are you saying that there isn't much chance of camping under 26 until the next boss? ...experience from defensive wins? I Know that I'll stay Tier1 this whole event and that I Can beat the boss50 (which will push me into Tier2 for Next time). Is there a good chance of staying Tier1 for the next boss if I stop now? If there is then I Should camp.

You're basically (in many words) saying you can beat this boss, but if you do you'll be in the next tier for the next one. Or, you can skip this one and do pretty much nothing while you wait for the next one...

What's the difference? Either way you'll have one boss grand prize. Not sure why all the confusion.

Alex_
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Do it now while you can. Do you seriously want to wait and do nothing for 3-5 weeks.You won't be no better off youll just be at the same point where you are now except you will be at tier 1 maybe but you will be level 25 and back at start of the epic boss on 1/50, so you have to redo the bosses you have already done giving you more xp and putting you further into tier 2 than you would if you just finished 50 from where u are now.

MattThomas08
06-12-2013, 03:26 PM
This question is complicated. He can hold out and get 50 bosses next round as well as the 50 prizes he will get along the way. If he finished this boss, he will get 1 grand prize but likely won't be able to finish the next boss.

It really depends on your goals and patience. If you think you can do the hardcore camping required to keep yourself under the next tier for probably a whole month, I would recommend doing that. Nothing will push you up 1k XP if you don't actively participate in the war and LTQ. If you level to the next tier, the next boss event will probably be challenging. You'll need a raw attack of 35k to beat the next tier boss.

Deadwater
06-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Beat this boss 50 times and camp till next boss. You'll be pretty close to beating tier 2 boss by the end of this boss.

As stated before you'll need 35-40k raw att to beat tier 2 boss..
With the next ten prizes plus the final prizes you'll be close to 30k att. Then starting the next boss in tier two the first 20 kills will give you the att gain to finish the tier two boss.

in-game j
06-12-2013, 03:54 PM
do the boss events! they are great for boosting your stats.

Legen...dary
06-12-2013, 03:57 PM
OK, going to 50 now... dudeman... it COULD be better if there was a modifier on the next Boss50 prize. ...so many unknowns. Thanks all.

dudeman
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
OK, going to 50 now... dudeman... it COULD be better if there was a modifier on the next Boss50 prize. ...so many unknowns. Thanks all.

Rule of thumb: don't expect Gree to do anything cool that anyone likes. When they actually manage to do that successfully, awesome, but they usually screw it up a few times before deciding to either fix it or scrap it... Or wait a year and see if the problem went away by itself.

EDIT: I just realized what you said. Boss events will never have modifiers because that would essentially be Gree GIVING mods to campers while making HL players pay through the nose for the same mod. Duh!

T Rav
06-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Rule of thumb: don't expect Gree to do anything cool that anyone likes. When they actually manage to do that successfully, awesome, but they usually screw it up a few times before deciding to either fix it or scrap it... Or wait a year and see if the problem went away by itself.

EDIT: I just realized what you said. Boss events will never have modifiers because that would essentially be Gree GIVING mods to campers while making HL players pay through the nose for the same mod. Duh!

LMAO, and you think GREE wouldn't do something to make people pay more money?

dudeman
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
LMAO, and you think GREE wouldn't do something to make people pay more money?

I think you misread my comment. Making people pay more is exactly what they do, but that is neither cool nor something people like. And in most cases they make their best effort to get everyone to pay more, not just some. The fact that bosses are so camper friendly was more than likely a huge oversight on Gree's part. Anyone who has hundreds of M4A1s knows how easily Gree misses obvious things like that.

Ak Killah
06-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Go for it camping is not longer effective these days, if your trying to compete with the non campers like I am, do every boss event you can. The LTQ offer greater stat increase potential and there are usually 2 per war so either way you'll be behind.

Coconut
06-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Go for it nothing like boss event that give you more !

Fatherllama
06-13-2013, 02:21 AM
By beating boss 50 this time around, you'll pick up in the neighborhood of 5k raw stats. Add syndicate rewards, case events, and the early level rewards for the next boss, and you have a fair shot at doing boss 50 for free again. In the meantime, try to stockpile some TJ gold, or buy a little gold, whichever way you swing. Worst case, you'll be 100 gold short of the final prize for the next boss.