PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the reset button for new donations log or does it reset on first of the month?

HGF69
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Wheres the reset button for new donations log or does it reset on first of the month?

Jman
06-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it only resets when someone leaves the faction, and only for that person.

Chilli!
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeh looks like its showing lifetime donations?

HGF69
06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Why? New people come and go all the time so to work out their average daily donation I would need to know exactly how many days they've been in the faction! Not likely.

We could all leave and rejoin but what a hassle.

cook976
06-12-2013, 01:48 PM
you need to do a delta change. on day one of the month take a screen grab or write down the donation then see where they are at the end. only have to record / do this manually once a month vs daily. Still a big help

HGF69
06-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Hmm I'd prefer a manual reset button.

Plus when did the stats that show get calculated from? What date as I know some players have donated more? Is it reliable across platforms iOS and android?

I like the development I just think it needs refined.

QueenPin
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Where's the reset button for new donations log or does it reset on first of the month?
There is no reset, it's each player's total donations since joining the faction. If a player leaves the faction and re-joins, their donation log resets to 0.

Where did the stats that show get calculated from? What date does it start from, as I know some players have donated more?
Every time a member donates, it updates the running tally for them. It's all donations since the player joined.

Is it reliable across platforms iOS and android?
Yes

PITA4PRES
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I figure if they can calculate a player's IPH they could probably put in something to show average daily donations as well. That could eliminate the need for a reset button.

corey0025
06-12-2013, 03:25 PM
I like the feature. At least its finally here and can be stopped being done manually. Thank you!

cherlock
06-12-2013, 05:19 PM
A donationlog without a reset button is useless.
Its as simple as that.
if players donate based on IPH, or on lvl, like tiers, the info in the donation log means nothing
Also players wil strategically jump out and in, and in combination with the name change feature it would be an impossible task to track everything
keep to the excelsheet, much better at this time.

Sorry Gree, close, but no cigar

Weed
06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't mind the running totals, but daily, weekly and monthly columns would be awesome!
Also was hoping to get rid of the faction notices for donations, like the switch off feature in Kingdom Age! Don't know why it wasn't included in this one?

And one small issue I have with the update...

Both the news and rival profile (and the attack results) icons have moved go from their original spot. Was this intentional? I prefer them in the original position....

Or is this some sort of glitch I need to ticket?

ZzzyyzzZ
06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I set a faction start date [5/14/13 00:00:00 UTC] with my team where I will take a screen capture as someone else mentioned in this thread. I will capture and update Subsequent Friday's at this same time to ensure proper tithing is taking place. While not ideal it is an acceptable solution as I pretty much use .xls all day everyday as part of my real job.. Eventually I will role this out to my geo dispersed "squad" leaders.. Now I've said to much..

Anyway what they gave us is much better than nothing IMO. More manageable than what we had in the past = nothing. I would much rather see Gree add the filter button as they have in KA where are able to surpress all of the "faction alert" wall messages especially now that we have the running log. It's log it's log fun for a girl and a boy...

lsandmanl
06-12-2013, 09:10 PM
A donationlog without a reset button is useless.
Its as simple as that.
if players donate based on IPH, or on lvl, like tiers, the info in the donation log means nothing
Also players wil strategically jump out and in, and in combination with the name change feature it would be an impossible task to track everything
keep to the excelsheet, much better at this time.

Sorry Gree, close, but no cigar

Stop complaining would you rather not have a donation log? Before the donation log, you have to look at your forums everyday, scroll down read who's donating to see if they are. But now, just click a button and see who your top donators are. If you're saying that it's better without a donation log, you need to get your brain fixed.

TomJoad
06-12-2013, 09:40 PM
A donationlog without a reset button is useless.Its as simple as that.if players donate based on IPH, or on lvl, like tiers, the info in the donation log means nothingAlso players wil strategically jump out and in, and in combination with the name change feature it would be an impossible task to track everythingkeep to the excelsheet, much better at this time.
Stop complaining would you rather not have a donation log? Before the donation log, you have to look at your forums everyday, scroll down read who's donating to see if they are. But now, just click a button and see who your top donators are. If you're saying that it's better without a donation log, you need to get your brain fixed.We have an officer collecting daily all the donations and deleting the system entries to keep the forum clean. At the end of the day she is posting the day summary for everybody to see and also adding the info into an excel file. This way we have a very accurate information about all donations. The donation log built in now is nice but useless, a 50% done job. BTW, I don't know who exactly has some brain damages and needs some doctor appointments, definitely not Cherlock.

out of names
06-12-2013, 09:47 PM
No reset button, keeps on going till u leave

Mcdoc
06-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth :/

Take down the totals for your faction on Sunday - take down those totals again Next Sunday - subtract the difference - divide by 7 - that's your daily total.

Rinse / repeat every Sunday. Gree has already cut down 90% of the work for you.

Wai
06-12-2013, 10:42 PM
We have an officer collecting daily all the donations and deleting the system entries to keep the forum clean. At the end of the day she is posting the day summary for everybody to see and also adding the info into an excel file. This way we have a very accurate information about all donations. The donation log built in now is nice but useless, a 50% done job. BTW, I don't know who exactly has some brain damages and needs some doctor appointments, definitely not Cherlock.

So now there is significantly less work for the officer that used to have to scroll down the page (assuming it hadn't dropped off the end too far or there was no forum delete glitch), add them all up and then report them.

Far easier for your officer now. Grab the current (auto)tally, deduct it from yesterday's (auto)tally and there you have it, a daily summary.

That has to be a massive time saver for the one who does it.

If that's not satisfactory, you have two further choices:
1. keep doing exactly what you were doing - No change
2. everyone jump ship once a month and come back in. - full reset.

lana
06-13-2013, 02:50 AM
there are (imho) lots of different approaches to gather and read statistics.

Wouldn't it be nice if gree provides us with an kind of "send via email" button (I just know the iOS thing) and you are placed in the mail application with the stats (pleeeease with the join date) as csl list. If you want send it or copy and paste to whatever.

This feature can be reused for faction war stats or (sigh!) for the the inventory with a zillion of scouts and rangers and light gunners.

your thoughts about that??

Wai
06-13-2013, 07:00 AM
there are (imho) lots of different approaches to gather and read statistics.

Wouldn't it be nice if gree provides us with an kind of "send via email" button (I just know the iOS thing) and you are placed in the mail application with the stats (pleeeease with the join date) as csl list. If you want send it or copy and paste to whatever.

This feature can be reused for faction war stats or (sigh!) for the the inventory with a zillion of scouts and rangers and light gunners.

your thoughts about that??

I think they will be ready by the 'Christmas to New Year', week long Faction War 2019

BostonHammer
06-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Come on people, do you want Gree to attack, raid and collect your buildings for you also? while not perfect, it's a step in the right direction.

Corsair
06-13-2013, 07:17 AM
No good deed goes unpunished. :rolleyes:

cherlock
06-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Stop complaining would you rather not have a donation log? Before the donation log, you have to look at your forums everyday, scroll down read who's donating to see if they are. But now, just click a button and see who your top donators are. If you're saying that it's better without a donation log, you need to get your brain fixed.

Calm down buddy,

just making an observation, not a complaint.

I like the idea of a donationlog, and will always aprreciate an effort to make something better, but this way its not working.
Nothing wrong with my brain.
I use it, an cannot conclude anything else that this feature is not helpfull in this way.
Its like a nice car, without the engine, so walking is still better.

A resetbutton added into it, would make it very helpfull though.
it also gives more transparency for every factionmember, and could trigger competition.
Jumping out and in, is ofcourse a possibility, but its not an easy task to make 60 people do that on 1 date.

Keep it simple.
Add a resetbutton,
problem solved and we have a brandnew very helpfull tool.

mistergreen
06-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Calm down buddy,

just making an observation, not a complaint.

I like the idea of a donationlog, and will always aprreciate an effort to make something better, but this way its not working.
Nothing wrong with my brain.
I use it, an cannot conclude anything else that this feature is not helpfull in this way.
Its like a nice car, without the engine, so walking is still better.

A resetbutton added into it, would make it very helpfull though.

Yes, its as simple as that.

How were you tracking donations before the log?

Max Power
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
No good deed goes unpunished. :rolleyes:

No kidding. Gree could have installed a TI algorithmic calculator in that button and people would have found fault.

DME
06-13-2013, 08:04 AM
No kidding. Gree could have installed a TI algorithmic calculator in that button and people would have found fault.

In fairness in its current state it's usefulness is severely limited an it could be improved a lot. Having tabs for daily/weekly/monthly/total donations would make it perfect (especially if the lists are sorted by amounts). It could even lead to competition within the faction to be the biggest donor in a given time frame.

cherlock
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
How were you tracking donations before the log?

excel
1 officer scrolls down the ingameforum every day
adds the numbers into a sheet, and excel does the rest.
everybody can look into this shared document, see what his or her target is, what others targets are, if you are behind, in front, you name it.
5 minutes work, and works like a charm.

Max Power
06-13-2013, 08:51 AM
In fairness in its current state it's usefulness is severely limited an it could be improved a lot. Having tabs for daily/weekly/monthly/total donations would make it perfect (especially if the lists are sorted by amounts). It could even lead to competition within the faction to be the biggest donor in a given time frame.

Think of the programming.

Think of the payoff.

Why is this even a conversation?

DME
06-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Think of the programming.

Think of the payoff.

Why is this even a conversation?

Better experience = happier players = more money?

The coding wouldn't be that difficult. They have the foundations in place (which is generally the hardest part), so it would only really require a few additions.

alphacharlie
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't mind the running totals, but daily, weekly and monthly columns would be awesome!
Also was hoping to get rid of the faction notices for donations,

My thoughts exactly.
The current lifetime total log for me is completely useless. People come and go all the time, some start to perform more, some less than others. I need to now what is happening at the time. Daily/Weekly/Monthly display switch would've been ideal. If this is in place, then no more need of those lousy Faction Alerts.

FromAfar
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
good, but could have been better:

better then it was before. keep deltas, and keep track of when your players joined. and i do not have to take readings every 16-18 hours, before the log runs over. that is ok.

could have been better. like the reset ideas. would be nice if leader could reset after every event.

Generik79
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
I can only imagine the horror stories and complaints when someone accidentally resets the logs. Some powers are safer not being had.

Julius Wheezer
06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks GREE, great tool.

I lead a Guild in Kingdom Age where there's been a log for a while. I know my members and I know who donates, and who needs pushing, with or without the log. I use the log to spur competition, which works great.

Be happy with what you have or complain about what you don't have. Which is nicer?

lemonhaze
06-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Stop complaining would you rather not have a donation log? Before the donation log, you have to look at your forums everyday, scroll down read who's donating to see if they are. But now, just click a button and see who your top donators are. If you're saying that it's better without a donation log, you need to get your brain fixed. lol some ppl want their cake and icecream..im happy its just here..how hard is it to take a screen shot on 30 day cycles..so if ur doantion amt is lets say 10m a day thats 70m a week and 280m a month if they have not moved up 280m from the previous cycle then u know who to kick out

cherlock
06-13-2013, 04:07 PM
lol some ppl want their cake and icecream..im happy its just here..how hard is it to take a screen shot on 30 day cycles..so if ur doantion amt is lets say 10m a day thats 70m a week and 280m a month if they have not moved up 280m from the previous cycle then u know who to kick out

What about jumping out and in , what about transparency, what about competition???

I was walking on a long road in the desert the other day.

I saw a carr on the side of the road up ahead.
When i reached it, i saw somebody sitting in it, he looked extremely happy.

"Hey buddy, you look happy, but why are you on the side of the road??"

Lemonhaze:
Man:I cant believe how lucky i am.
I was walking and suddenly this brandnew, all shiney carr appeared out of nowhere!"

Ok, i said, but...it has no engine, so, you can sit here untill Christmass, it wont get you anywhere faster then walking

Lemonhaze:
"what do I care, its new, isnt it"

lemonhaze
06-13-2013, 04:30 PM
What about jumping out and in , what about transparency, what about competition???

I was walking on a long road in the desert the other day.

I saw a carr on the side of the road up ahead.
When i reached it, i saw somebody sitting in it, he looked extremely happy.

"Hey buddy, you look happy, but why are you on the side of the road??"

Lemonhaze:
Man:I cant believe how lucky i am.
I was walking and suddenly this brandnew, all shiney carr appeared out of nowhere!"

Ok, i said, but...it has no engine, so, you can sit here untill Christmass, it wont get you anywhere faster then walking

Lemonhaze:
"what do I care, its new, isnt it" u can do that to if ur whole team wants to..but u gonna do it ever month jump out and in? why not just make it easy if they had a reset button then ppl would reset theirs bc of not donating..i think its good how it is..at least we can now see whos did wat and they cant say yes i did do the 10m daily doantion if it dont equal 70m at end of week..i had 505m this week in donations a 5m iph does help but i do alot raids as well..and if u dont like it bc u cant reset it just have ur whole team ever 30 days leave the faction..no use to sit and complain about it we all know how gree works..we was lucky jsut to get this one how it is

Mcdoc
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
People go on vacation - people have real life issues that take them away for a week - I'd much rather see a lifetime donation - because that is the real picture - someone who has donated over a billion over the past couple of months - and some guy who has donated 200 million over the same time frame - the lifetime donation shows a much more consistent pattern of dedication to the faction.