PDA

View Full Version : CJ please help

Grizz875
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I updated mw on iOS. After it was done I got back on and suddenly had someone else's account. I tried to transfer and it had all my correct info but just sat at the transferring screen without ever finishing.

mickymacirl
06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Same with me, have some random account.

Web323
06-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Same with me, have some random account.

Someone is really happy that they have your account. Bigger question will be how long to fix it and if the player that got your account will spend any of your gold.

Mikelev
06-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Glad it's not just me. Hope Gree fix this ASAP!

Sirius
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Greetings folks,

We are aware of this occurring for a small amount of players and we should have it fixed shortly.

Appreciate the the understanding and patience while we work on this. A short side note please try closing the app out and then renetering it as this should fix the issue for some.

~Sirius

mickymacirl
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks Sirius

HGF69
06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I have Ferr's account for some reason.

Fl@sh
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I have Ferr's account for some reason.Have fun and sell everything...

Philsbase
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Have fun and sell everything...

Now that would be mean maybe he could play dictator for the day and order his little penguins about

HGF69
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I've just removed all his faction members

DME
06-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm sure doing anything negative to an account that doesn't actually belong to you would have repercussions.

Norseman
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm sure doing anything negative to an account that doesn't actually belong to you would have repercussions.

No, it might be another intentional alternation of the game to bring a new uncertain x-factor to it all.

Nice one GREE :)

Philsbase
06-12-2013, 02:07 PM
just a display glitch

CJ54
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I have Ferr's account for some reason.

It is really, really not funny to joke about this kind of thing.

We're getting the accounts back in place; it looks like a couple dozen people were affected.

EDIT: Some details. Some of the people that logged on right after the update; their accounts basically knocked into each other in the database; most affected accounts got disassociated from any device and were just hanging in limbo. It was thankfully short-lived, and if the fix we just pushed doesn't work for a small number of people, we can fix it from here manually.

Norseman
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
just a display glitch

I think so, everything you do just gets displayed on a random device :)

Norseman
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM

We're getting the accounts back in place; it looks like a couple dozen people were affected.

A forum might be a place for a type of humor develop. Humor is definitively not something a moderator can limit or define on his/her own.

CJ54
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
A forum might be a place for a type of humor develop. Humor is definitively not something a moderator can limit or define on his/her own.

Let me be clearer: when a joke is liable to cause panic or confusion among people reading the forum, that falls under trolling and that IS something we will moderate. We had a bad situation for some people with the new rollout, and if people are going to flat out lie about things that AREN'T happening to tweak somebody's nose, that's not okay.

helloooOonurse
06-12-2013, 02:22 PM
CJ, SIRIUS

about transferring game... will the old way still work or is it strictly syncing now?

Norseman
06-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Let me be clearer: when a joke is liable to cause panic or confusion among people reading the forum, that falls under trolling and that IS something we will moderate. We had a bad situation for some people with the new rollout, and if people are going to flat out lie about things that AREN'T happening to tweak somebody's nose, that's not okay.

I see your point, but in this case I think the worst that could happen was that someone postponed their update. Because if they already (temporary) had lost control over their account I'd guess they would have sent a ticket ASAP.
Postponing some updates might be even be positive for you guys.

I think the general a lack of information from GREE tend to cause a lot more panic than jokes among players.

Sirius
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
CJ, SIRIUS

about transferring game... will the old way still work or is it strictly syncing now?

From what went out in the news regarding the update:

"Please sync/back up your account on your original device to either iTunes or the iCloud and when you are on your new/alt device, when you open the game, you will then be prompted to restore your date. Please click yes and now you should have your account restored to continue playing the game. We also suggest you write down your invite code somewhere, just in case you need to contact support to recover your account. "

I hope that clears the transfer process up for you a bit better.

~Sirius

HGF69
06-13-2013, 12:21 AM

EDIT: Some details. Some of the people that logged on right after the update; their accounts basically knocked into each other in the database; most affected accounts got disassociated from any device and were just hanging in limbo. It was thankfully short-lived, and if the fix we just pushed doesn't work for a small number of people, we can fix it from here manually.

I wonder if I would have got that response if I said it was a sub250 faction? In all honesty though are we not allowed to have a bit if fun here anymore or is that a breach of ToS now. Can we try and bring some enjoyment back to here.

Flyinscot
06-13-2013, 03:41 AM

CJ / Sirius

I did get my own account back late last night but awoke this morning to find it had gone and I now have a brand new reset account. I have sent a ticket #655463
I have also tried transferring MY account back to my device but it says no account associated with ID
Really hope you can get this fixed

mu2222
06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Our faction members acc still has not been restored

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 04:28 PM
I still dont have my account back as well. Also dont have access to iTunes so I can't restore it that way. I sent a ticket to support and thats now been 24 hours with no answer.

Any clue as to when this might be fixed? The new random account isn't nearly as good as mine. I would like mine back please.

mu2222
06-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Come on devs answer these ppl or are u gonna hang them out to dry

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Though it would be nice I'm not asking for gold or extra units for this snafu I just want the profile Ive spent over a year building.

I'm having withdrawals.

mu2222
06-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Answer these ppl wow u know they have used real money right cj

mu2222
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Ur liable for the cash they have spent not that has ever bothered u before but I feel this is worse than the 24 ppls accs u say are affected

Rowdydowdy
06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
I wonder if I would have got that response if I said it was a sub250 faction? In all honesty though are we not allowed to have a bit if fun here anymore or is that a breach of ToS now. Can we try and bring some enjoyment back to here.

Nice one!!
They may not think its funny but everyone else thought it was.

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 06:42 PM
I like how somebody locked another thread about issues with accounts being messed up but yet no one from GREE is posting here. No one from there is posting back.

Goes to show you how they care about their fan base. Wanna ask Amanda Bynes how that goes?

You have a job in customer service as do I. If you worked for me the way I've seen my treatment you would be fired. So far all I have seen is a total lack of disrespect for the customer in many levels and on many instances.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure this will be closed now too and my post or account removed but hey enough is enough. You run a game that requires players so care about the players.

If admin wants to know my ticket number just ask and I will be glad to tell you.

Generik79
06-13-2013, 06:59 PM
From what went out in the news regarding the update:

"Please sync/back up your account on your original device to either iTunes or the iCloud and when you are on your new/alt device, when you open the game, you will then be prompted to restore your date. Please click yes and now you should have your account restored to continue playing the game. We also suggest you write down your invite code somewhere, just in case you need to contact support to recover your account. "

I hope that clears the transfer process up for you a bit better.

~Sirius

This is making transferring way more difficult for the average user. Please fix it.

Captnmorgan
06-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Like me.. I dont have access to a computer with iTunes or I cloud. Is there a problem solving way from there?

Generik79
06-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Like me.. I dont have access to a computer with iTunes or I cloud. Is there a problem solving way from there?

Right. We shouldn't need a help desk to transfer. Come on guys.

BondVFF
06-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I had this exact same problem. It is show a new account still and it has been over 24 hours. I can't collect for buildings of finish the LTQ event. TT #655490

CJ / Sirius

I did get my own account back late last night but awoke this morning to find it had gone and I now have a brand new reset account. I have sent a ticket #655463
I have also tried transferring MY account back to my device but it says no account associated with ID
Really hope you can get this fixed

JCL
06-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Nice one!!
They may not think its funny but everyone else thought it was.

I good laugh out of it. Especially the follow up, "I just removed all his faction members," that got a hearty laugh I'm sure anyone within 100 feet of me heard. Crappy thing is, if anyone asked me what was so funny, they woudn't get it (no gamers, and def no MW gamers)

Flyinscot
06-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Many thanx to the support team, finally got my account back.

Now is compensation for list time, especially on LTQ too much to ask for ;-)

Captnmorgan
06-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Well there is one person. Maybe one day they will get to me. Coming up on 48 hours now of not being able to play.

zackyboy
06-14-2013, 04:15 PM
CJ, please help me restore my account.. Its been more than a day already still cannot access to my account.. What should I do? Please fix it. My invite code is 952-070-403 under the name Ice.. Please asap

Captnmorgan
06-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Finally heard something from someone. There may be light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Lurker
06-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Don't think so, ask SAS.

THQ
06-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Finally heard something from someone. There may be light at the end of the tunnel after all.
Same here I think there is hope after all!

Captnmorgan
06-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I want my account back before the person who has screws with my stuff. I can deal with the loss of money the last 2 days but if they messed with my base or anything that would be very bad.

Captnmorgan
06-14-2013, 06:58 PM
And then the light went off. Was given a new profile not mine. Oh this is killer. At least the person who is me is taking care of my profile while im away. Even wrote me a nice note.

Roscoe782
06-14-2013, 09:22 PM
And then the light went off. Was given a new profile not mine. Oh this is killer. At least the person who is me is taking care of my profile while im away. Even wrote me a nice note.

Same thing happening with two people in our faction. I got an all clear email from the powers that be and checked with my buddy in question. Given a different toon, not his. The saga continues for these two guys. Sad.

BondVFF
06-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Nearly a week now without my account and I am still waiting. If i don't have it back by tomorrow I am requesting iTunes to credit my gold purchases (as this is fraud now since I purchased something I don't have access to) and filing a complaint with the BBB (it should come as no surprise to anyone that they Gree International is currently sitting with a F ranking). As I have already submitted tickets, reinstalled the game, sent private message to CJ54 (Sirus doesnt accept PM), and posted on this forum I have no other option.