PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Top 250 factions that use little to no gold during WD events?

warrends
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM
This may have been asked before. Sorry if it has. But just wondering. My faction always ends up at around the 280-350 mark. I know we can do better. But we have very few gold spenders. I use gold but only for an additional ~5K WD points total throughout the weekend, out of my ~50K-55K total. And only do so when I see a target who will give me at least 350, and preferably more than 400, WD points per hit.

We have a great strategy throughout the weekend, including battle schedules and who does what and when. And we are good at following it probably 90% of the time. But we haven't made the jump to the mid-250s yet. So I'm wondering if it's gold that gets you there, or if it's possible just with a good strategy and pure and *proper* and full participation.

So if there are any Top 250 factions who are gold-free, or close to it, how do you make it so far up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Philly982
06-12-2013, 10:49 AM
We used to be in the top 250 going gold free, but now we just go for the top 500 as it seems it takes more points to be top 250 than it did 3 wars ago. We generally have some that cannot play on certain weekends which brings us down a little so I am not sure what our overall potential is. My highest score over the last 3 wars without spending a single gold bar was more than 80K, and I am sure there are many others that can score much higher going gold free. Extrapolate that times an average faction size around 42 or so and that comes to 3,360,000 points. I am not sure what the top 250 score was from Madagascar, but I am sure a highly coordinated, dedicated and sleep deprived non-gold faction could put up more than that.

warrends
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Thank you Philly. I think your key word is "sleep deprived": Ideally you've got to get every member working every battle 24/7 for all three days. We've got members around the globe and so that does work for us to a small extent but since most of our members are in the U.S., during the U.S. night we have very few online.

And then there's real life to deal with ...

generalpain
06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
With the points scored now, i think its impossible to be completely gold free top 250. Some of the best factions have a good mix od free and gold players, where the key is activity. In my mind, these are the best factions to be part of. Active factions bring a level of fun to the game the gold requirements cant.

HGF69
06-12-2013, 11:25 AM
We did it in Ireland made 284 I think

HGF69
06-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Thank you Philly. I think your key word is "sleep deprived": Ideally you've got to get every member working every battle 24/7 for all three days. We've got members around the globe and so that does work for us to a small extent but since most of our members are in the U.S., during the U.S. night we have very few online.

And then there's real life to deal with ...

Trust me we always get sleep, many a tactics to gaining points trust me.

Anyone looking for a fun faction pm me. Must be Lite gold player 250 a/d minimum, 5 mill a day, 85th in Madagascar

warrends
06-13-2013, 05:04 AM
Bumping. Very interested to know how low-to-no gold factions end up and how they do it.

warrends
06-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Still bumping. Still curious and would like to see more thoughts from the playerbase, both gold users and non-gold users alike.

Anonymously Yours
06-17-2013, 05:05 AM
I don't think they're gonna spill them beans, playa.