PDA

View Full Version : Do you likethat the recent LTQs have had less experience gained through doing them?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Just thought I'd throw this out there as a poll. I personally like that, due to the level cap still being 200, the recent LTQs have not had a very high level of experience gained as you go through them.

What do you think?

Eddard KFF
06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I liked the oportunity to build my stats and not my level, but you do have a point in option number 2.

Colony Colonel
06-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes and no,

we cant have everyone being a low level with great stats. I think a bit of variety would help to shape the game and players can choose to include tactics in their game-play as opposed to just completing every LTQ. select only those that will keep you at a lower level but be at a stat disadvantage. Kinda splits the game into very high stats or very high stat:level ratio players.

kruppe
06-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Yes I am a firm supporter of this approach. I raised this as an improvement request sometime ago with gree. It seemed silly to be awarded xp every time one hit an opponent. In other games the xp is awarded upon defeating the enemy whereas in KA it appears to have been a coding oversight rather than linked with the actual defeat ala gold reward. I have played LTQ's at lower levels and went up 15 levels in one event. I would rather savour the slow rise and enjoy the achievement of a level. Nowadays with the intro of guild wars the rapid rise in levels is also counter productive.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-12-2013, 09:58 AM
I liked the oportunity to build my stats and not my level, but you do have a point in option number 2.

Yes I am a firm supporter of this approach. I raised this as an improvement request sometime ago with gree. It seemed silly to be awarded xp every time one hit an opponent. In other games the xp is awarded upon defeating the enemy whereas in KA it appears to have been a coding oversight rather than linked with the actual defeat ala gold reward. I have played LTQ's at lower levels and went up 15 levels in one event. I would rather savour the slow rise and enjoy the achievement of a level. Nowadays with the intro of guild wars the rapid rise in levels is also counter productive.

I was trying to cover both of these points in the poll, without necessarily making it a major undertaking. #2 & #3 above take the other side into consideration. But to support Colony Colonel as well, if Gree suddenly changed the mechanics of gaining points from winning hits in Guild Wars (i.e., 20 +/- levels above or below you, you could win 300+ points) AND they increase the level cap and allies you bring to battle, it would not only be a moot point about the amount of experience gained, but it would be a bit more advantageous to level up.

Valid or
06-12-2013, 10:07 AM
While I agree to keep the exp gain on lte's down. I do miss the energy bar refill from levelling, them refills always seemed to help one get farther along. Would be nice if some of the lte's wasn't soo much of an energy hog. Don't get me wrong they do need to get harder as one progresses through, but 2 days(without using gems) to drop one mob is a bit much.l

VileDoom
06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
If you want to take the "easy" route to higher A/D it should come with a consequence, a quicker trip to the shark zone.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Only time I'll bump this. Closes on the 25th anyway.

Kjctnorris
06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
If you want to take the "easy" route to higher A/D it should come with a consequence, a quicker trip to the shark zone.+1

Balance the stat inflation with level inflation.

Shluggy
06-15-2013, 06:03 AM
I was surprised after voting to see so many people had voted Yes - keep this in, I guessed it would be the most popular but not that popular. IMO if each LTQ was a different level of XP and also then a different level of amount of energy it uses, that would spice things up a bit. Things always seem the same here, it would be nice to get used to the idea of checking out the LTQ and thinking is this gunna work for ME and the way I want to play MY game. Not always edged towards, if you cant play with gems then you don't finish the LTQ!! Just my opinion!

plavine
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I just hate it when you have to spend 3000 energy points to get a 25 attack weapon as a reward

E-I
06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Well, there's nothing that says you need to continue on with the LTQ. Consider it your price to get to the next level.

jonny0284
06-18-2013, 02:18 PM
LOL, Gree just laughed in the face of this poll. Hate to say it, but, 'The Dark Wanderer' will level up many of us. Some more than once.

Q-Ball
06-18-2013, 02:20 PM
yup. they just spat in it's general direction.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Wow.

They did change the experience back to less, so that's good. Just surprised they went the high road to start with.

taxman
06-18-2013, 02:59 PM
To get to level 19. Gotta love the stone at every other level too. :mad:

Generik79
06-18-2013, 09:04 PM
You want the stats, pay the piper!

VileDoom
06-18-2013, 09:31 PM
You want the stats, pay the piper!

^ this. ^

Edit: the people already at level 200 have to be loving this LTQ. ;)