PDA

View Full Version : Gree Please put a confirmation on gold Purchases

KFH
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Once again I lost 344 bars of gold to speed up my vault a couple of hour. I don't get much gold and this was the end of the LTQ event for me, which i really wanted to finish. Please put a confirmation that someone wants to speed up a building, most time i go to my vault there is a freeze and buttons not meant to be pushed get pushed. Please do something about this, and please return my gold. I should have gone with my first feeling and crack my phone in half, but i still do enjoy this game.

KFH
06-11-2013, 01:50 PM
lets see what i can get done with my 16 bars i have left

Generik79
06-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Completely agree with this. However, I will add that your 382 gold would not have been nearly enough to finish the LTQ. Some comfort :-/

KFH
06-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Completely agree with this. However, I will add that your 382 gold would not have been nearly enough to finish the LTQ. Some comfort :-/LOl thx :)

Jhenry02
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
The confirmation button for gold use is in the fortifications section where I love seeing "are you sure you want to spend 2 concrete?"

KFH
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
The sad thing is i already got more, but i hoping i will get a return on the other

KFH
06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
The confirmation button for gold use is in the fortifications section where I love seeing "are you sure you want to spend 2 concrete?"Thats funny, glad their looking out for our concrete.

Tramp78
06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I've accidentally lost gold on things I would have never spent gold on.

josempolo
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Totaly agree. You need to verify that it is your intention to spend golg on finish an update of any kind.

WinD-n-RaiN
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Gree, Greed. I tried to get my gold back wen I did this annnnnnnnnnd they did nothing..... It's a real shame tho

KFH
06-11-2013, 03:41 PM
it's happen to me before too, but they have given my gold back it just took a little while.
I'm hoping they honor our previous solutions

Fun Killer
06-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I totally support this as it has happened more than once and the last time was huge, I'm talking over 1 vault of Gold. I have to admit GREE has been very kind to me and refunded every time. You just have to be patient and nice in your emails.

United Nation of Foxes
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Apparently a 2 minute code change is too hard action so you have to ask yourself why greedy like it

United Nation of Foxes
06-11-2013, 04:13 PM
The answer is obvious

KFH
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I totally support this as it has happened more than once and the last time was huge, I'm talking over 1 vault of Gold. I have to admit GREE has been very kind to me and refunded every time. You just have to be patient and nice in your emails.I'm always nice :) they have been good about this for me too

DME
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Obviously the majority of people this happens to either don't realise or simply don't ask for it to be refunded or I'm sure they would have implemented it by now.

KFH
06-11-2013, 04:22 PM
The answer is obviousTrue, maybe in an update far far away..

Waynetastic
06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I have spent gold to finish a building upgrade or finish a base expansion several times. Until the last time this happened to me, I had always received a reasonable response from a customer service person and had the gold refunded to my account. About a month and a half ago I inadvertently spent over 600 gold to complete a base expansion. I submitted a ticket and after the usual two week wait I received a response stating that the gold could not be refunded.

The fact that it is far to easy to accidentally spend gold is a known issue. For the decision as to whether or not to refund $40 worth of gold which was spent because of this issue to be at the whim of a customer service person is not acceptable to me. I haven't purchased gold since this happened and I will not be purchasing gold in the future.

DME
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I guess people must have been finishing upgrades/builds/expansions intentionally and then claiming they did it by accident which may have led to them changing their stance on it (like apple and the refunds).
It also may be due to the fact that you've done this "several times" as you say and they believe it to be too frequent to be a coincidence.

They should add a confirmation window though, as it would eliminate all of that.

Brahmin
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
I agree 100%. Unfortunately they love it when we accidently spend gold so they will NEVER add a confirmation screen. I've already suggested it to support twice. Also, the last time something like this happened to me I was told they would be unable to refund the gold. After that happened I rethought my whole approach to gree games. I was just about to start spending serious money as I had just enrolled in the bonus program.

Generik79
06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Here's what's worse folks: some people have gotten gold back for vault upgrades and kept the speed up, some refunds, but reset vaults, and some no refunds at all. When there is support it is inconsistent in the main. And very lopsidedly so.

Waynetastic
06-11-2013, 05:12 PM
It also may be due to the fact that you've done this "several times" as you say and they believe it to be too frequent to be a coincidence.

A very valid point, DME. I just searched through my e-mails to see how many times this happened to me. It turns out that either my first post contained a bit of a lie or my memory is somewhat fallible.

I have had gold refunded a total of 3 times, only one of which was for this issue. That time I inadvertently spent 86 or 87 gold to finish a base expansion and was refunded 85 gold, which I think was completely reasonable.

On a related note, do people intentionally spend gold to finish base expansions? I can't think of a situation where I would consider doing that.

heal
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey Folks,

We appreciate some of the more constructive comments some of you guys are providing. Please keep it going and let's try keeping things a bit more positive moving forward.

As CJ stated we are going to take better steps in regards to communicating around the board with everyone and try our best to improve/resolve issues.

Again, folks please note the forum guidelines and let's keep this discussion on track.

Much appreciated and I wish folks best of luck tomorrow during the event!

~Sirius

Hello all,
We understand how much our players care about the game, and we understand that we have not communicated this (or changes made) as often or as in-depth as our players would like. I and the members of the Modern War team hope that this post will be the start of better communication and greater transparency on decisions and issue resolution between ourselves and our players. We cannot always make requested changes, and the changes that we can make may take time, but we deeply care about your experience playing the game. Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team

I've had a refund of gold mis-spent in the past. Last time Gree didn't do anything but itunes did. I've bought gold again but lost half of it due to this problem. Not doing it again until I have a confirmation button.

Just a comment on this please CJ or Sirius. You said you care and will communicate.

jjm521
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Preach on brother. I still havent heard back from support regarding my 1200 lost gold from last week.

PITA4PRES
06-11-2013, 05:20 PM
A very valid point, DME. I just searched through my e-mails to see how many times this happened to me. It turns out that either my first post contained a bit of a lie or my memory is somewhat fallible.

I have had gold refunded a total of 3 times, only one of which was for this issue. That time I inadvertently spent 86 or 87 gold to finish a base expansion and was refunded 85 gold, which I think was completely reasonable.

On a related note, do people intentionally spend gold to finish base expansions? I can't think of a situation where I would consider doing that.

If there is an LE building out, someone may have the money to purchase it but not have the space readily available and may opt to spend gold to finish the expansion so they can purchase the building faster.

KFH
06-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I understand it looks bad when it happens more than once, but with the freezing of games and where the button is, it's very easy to hit the button not meaning too. As i spend a small amount of money a month (under 200$) i would like to think that they would know i would not spend 30$ to upgrade my vault a day earlier. All the gold I buy already has a set place where it is going to be spent, and never on building speed ups

Funbags
06-11-2013, 05:54 PM
This just happened to me. Gree better make good on this one because it was A Lot!

MajikUF
06-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Make it a setting option to opt in/out of to add confirmation. That way everyone can have what they want. Frequent gold users that don't want to see it, won't have to.

Jrich
06-11-2013, 06:31 PM
It is a simple fix but GREE won't do it becuase you are spending gold.

Trouble1
06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I agree 100%. Unfortunately they love it when we accidently spend gold so they will NEVER add a confirmation screen. I've already suggested it to support twice. Also, the last time something like this happened to me I was told they would be unable to refund the gold. After that happened I rethought my whole approach to gree games. I was just about to start spending serious money as I had just enrolled in the bonus program.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but where do you enroll in the bonus program?

MrJlumanji
06-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Been asking this for over a year. Can't believe it hasn't been implemented yet. Could really save some time from all those refund tickets.

KFH
06-11-2013, 06:59 PM
It's not about whether people will honestly spend the gold to finish an expansion or an upgrade. Just imagine if a player got a refund every single time he submitted a ticket. What will he be led to believe? Players will get the impression they could get away with "free" instant expansions or upgrades all the time which will lead to fraudalent player behaviour. At some point, the refunds will have to be denied to deter this fraudulent behaviour.This is why a confirmation on everything related to gold spending would be the answer. No one could say they mistakenly hit the button. As of now the speed up buttons are close to other buttons people need to push daily, also my game jumps around a bit when loading which causes different buttons to be pushed.

Skywise42
06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I sent in a request the first time and was helped pretty quick. They knocked back the building and refunded the gold. I made similar mistake on vault again recently and it's going on two weeks. No response no refund so I contacted my cc company and cancelled the charges. I contacted iTunes and they said they'd notify the developer. Everyone wins when a customer is happy. I bought 1700 gold for the domination event and used nearly all of it in a micro second upgrading a vault I didn't need with gold I really wanted. My suggestion send in a ticket be patient and then be firm in your request until you need to contact your cc company

jjm521
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Good advice sky, ill contact Apple tomorrow and if that fails, ill contact American express with copies of emails and a few links to this forum. This is ridiculous, hire some freakin customer service reps if yore getting that much email!

WI(AusNz)
06-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Once again I lost 344 bars of gold to speed up my vault a couple of hour. I don't get much gold and this was the end of the LTQ event for me, which i really wanted to finish. Please put a confirmation that someone wants to speed up a building, most time i go to my vault there is a freeze and buttons not meant to be pushed get pushed. Please do something about this, and please return my gold. I should have gone with my first feeling and crack my phone in half, but i still do enjoy this game.
Agree 110%!! had this happened to me and sent a ticket ages ago... just got a reply that your issue has been resolved with no resolution. Oh give up! Lucky it was only 20 gold but over time it adds up.

They love it when we accidentally spend gold but for us players, it really pushes us away from having large gold stockpiles and leaves a very sour taste in our mouths. I generally keep my stockpile pretty low so worse case i cannot loose too much

Bettle
06-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Ditto times a million!