PDA

View Full Version : Android problem

DME
06-11-2013, 10:55 AM
For some reason the game is now crashing before fully loading (on Android).

I have tried restarting my device, clearing cached data and reinstalling the game but still receiving the annoying "Unfortunately, Modern War has stopped" message.

Is anyone else having this issue?

ProCision
06-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Mine loads fine

Generik79
06-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I'd be annoyed. But you will be more annoyed by all of the posts that are going to pop up as replies saying, "My game works fine, great, excellent, no problems, fabulous, etc." Even I will be annoyed for you.

gingerbear
06-11-2013, 11:09 AM

I have tried restarting my device, clearing cached data and reinstalling the game but still receiving the annoying "Unfortunately, Modern War has stopped" message.

What device and build of droid are you on?

candyson
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I have to close and open 3 or 4 times normally, and it will open.

Mad Babs
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM

I have that same problem. FIrst thing in the morning when I log on and afternoon and sometimes late at night. I've kept a log of it when it crashes how long I had been off the game, how long I had played the game, internet connection note. Yeah I'm that nerd that would like to find out why. Not going very well though for me! I feel your pain! LOL I'm on a droid tablet!

Maverick0073
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Yes I have the same problem, about 5 Freacking xp to level and can't log in for the past 2 hours...now is freaking wasting my stamina as a planned it to reset to full on leveling. Nice gree

Philly982
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
It happens quite often with mine as well. It is just something that I have learned to live with. If it gets really bad, I often find removing the battery, waiting about ten seconds, and then giving it another try will usually work in most cases. It is a bummer when it happens trying to get your last hit on a boss or something like that, but I try to compensate by getting in early just in case (and then hoping it does not crash). Mine also seems to crash or not load properly when there is are pop up announcements or for my daily scratcher.

@Mad Bap.....our in game faction forum will have issues as well from time to time. Normally the whole conversation log will not disappear, but only a few posts will show. It is possible that a member went through and deleted it though I seriously doubt that is the case in most instances.

Prvt. Parts
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Anyone having issues with their ingame forum. Our factions just disappeared. Wiped out! Any clue?

Babs~

Yes. This. Most posts on our forum are getting deleted after only a few minutes. Getting annoying because we try to manually monitor donations and activity with them. I don't think this is an Andriod-specific thing though because we are a mix of Android and iOS users.

DME
06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
What device and build of droid are you on?

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z (phone) with Android 4.1.2.
I haven't had any real issues since I started the game over a month ago (until today of course), so it's kind of come out of the blue.

ExtremeP7
06-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyone having issues with their ingame forum. Our factions just disappeared. Wiped out! Any clue?

Babs~

Our in game faction forum keeps pulling Houdini on us as well. How would we go about getting the attention of the developers about this?

DME
06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice to see my thread is getting hijacked...:rolleyes:

Maverick0073
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Mine crashes as soon as I see my base , I am using a galaxy note 10.1

Mad Babs
06-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice to see my thread is getting hijacked...:rolleyes:

My apologies, you were talking about droid issues then it led me to that issue...because I am a droid user as well with the issue you were speaking of and was curious if whatever was causing that caused our in game forum to disappear. I will refrain from my chatter now. :-/

DME
06-11-2013, 01:50 PM
My apologies, you were talking about droid issues then it led me to that issue...because I am a droid user as well with the issue you were speaking of and was curious if whatever was causing that caused our in game forum to disappear. I will refrain from my chatter now. :-/

Apparently faction forums getting wiped has been happening a lot and frequently if this thread (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55581-Forum-deleted/page2&highlight=faction+forum) is anything to go by.

DME
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Yea, that's what's happening to me. It sucks because energy is going to waste instead of being used for the LTQ.

DME
06-11-2013, 02:32 PM
It seems to be working now (tried a few times and not crashing). Hopefully it continues to work from now on.
I don't know whether it was due to the report I sent in to google, somebody at GREE seeing this post or it just being a weird glitch that fixed itself.

Lamentor
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Yea, that's what's happening to me. It sucks because energy is going to waste instead of being used for the LTQ.

I've been experiencing this same problem on the same version of Android. Longest it's gone on without working is about 4 hours. It always force closes either right before I see my base, or as it's loading. I usually restart/clear ram/clear cache/play other games like CC or something. It usually just randomly starts working again. My bets are that it's a server side glitch.

ProCision
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I'd be annoyed. But you will be more annoyed by all of the posts that are going to pop up as replies saying, "My game works fine, great, excellent, no problems, fabulous, etc." Even I will be annoyed for you.

Update:

Mine still working great!! Cheers twat ;)

DME
06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Now I've just completed level 26 of the normal mode LTQ and the next level isn't unlocking. Problem after problem /sigh

Generik79
06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Update:

Mine still working great!! Cheers twat ;)

Inappropriate forum language, Sirius. In response to a serious post no less.

Philly982
06-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Now I've just completed level 26 of the normal mode LTQ and the next level isn't unlocking. Problem after problem /sigh

I sympathize with your frustration. Just out of curiosity, do you know if you were receiving the latest data build update when you completed level 26. At least for me the game seems to be even more buggy than normal with these types of situations commonly occurring when receiving a data update. I try not to push forward during an event when a data update is ongoing as I have always experienced set backs in which ever event is going on at the time whether it be an LTQ, boss event, etc.

DME
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I sympathize with your frustration. Just out of curiosity, do you know if you were receiving the latest data build update when you completed level 26. At least for me the game seems to be even more buggy than normal with these types of situations commonly occurring when receiving a data update. I try not to push forward during an event when a data update is ongoing as I have always experienced set backs in which ever event is going on at the time whether it be an LTQ, boss event, etc.

I'm not really sure, but i ended up getting a "New data download" quite some time later, which fixed it.

Ty1on
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Same exact thing here, same device...

Beamer
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I have this problem too. Also wondering if any android users are having a building collection glitch. I get notifications to collect my buildings or if I'm in game and they are ready to collect the money never shows up to be able to collect unless I do one of two things I either have to change maps or exit fully and re load the game again.