PDA

View Full Version : Gree - need help, losing members fast

Sigfried
06-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Today in our faction after the war 2 more people quit the game. One has asked if someone wants to take over his game and the other is just deleting it. These were both good members, one was a Colonel and had been playing over a year. We lost 2 after the last war also, I thought is was a fluke then but now I see it as a trend. And we have a few that are dropping from the faction because war is both demanding and costly and not as much fun as it used to be when strategy was needed. Now it's all about gold, if you aren't buying gold you are not going to place well in the end.

This will bring a lot of ridicule, but the fact is I liked this game, I've been playing for 1 1/2 years, and I am also thinking weighing the merits of the game now. I am cutting back on my spending and playing time. Because it used to be that you had a chance to out maneuver, out think and out play your opponents. But now all you have to do is use gold. LTQ units are making the destructible, in-game units obsolete. Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ.

There's no need to camp because it no longer works. There is no need to raid unless you want to fire the Boss event. In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless and why build up your base if you don't need cash. Just get a few gold bars, do the LTQs and start an indestructible army. And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested. And that concerns me because the game has been a big part of my time. And I'm afraid I will have a lot of free time soon.

keeskiller
06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
well that is not good news, well i am mostly free player, level 139 and we finished at about 1200 during the war, mostly free players (1 that used gold) and i have the same issue, but i prestaged this LTQ and most of my units are indestructible too, but i still find the game very amusing.

ps. playing about a year now..

pss. i don't know why they are leaving? Maybe a better faction for them right now?? Pm them for a reason ;)

Sigfried
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
They are leaving because they don't enjoy playing anymore. They are not going to other factions. They are not camping. They are not taking a break. They didn't just leave our faction - they left the game. The fun of the game was to out smart and out play. Not to out spend. There is no fun in that. Just a matter of how much extra cash you have. While they are trying to figure out how to maximize cash flow, they need to also inject some fun back into the game.

I gave up Monster Quest last month. But that really doesn't count, it wasn't that great anyway. Now I am considering MW. Because if it's just about money, I can find better things to spend money on.

JohnnyHempseed
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I just voluntarily left a top 30 faction. The game isn't the same anymore...it used to be a lot of fun. It has become demanding, if you want to be competitive, and costly. Why am I giving a large amount of money to a ****ty company that makes a ****ty game? I have plenty of disposable income, but I'd rather give it to charity than buy virtual nothingness. I feel bad for the people that have started taking this game way too seriously... so much so that they neglect family, friends and work. Anyway, I'm looking for a leisurely faction that's all about having fun.

PITA4PRES
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I agree that for most players in-game cash is not really needed to purchase units due to these LTQ's, but I know that there is at least one member of our faction that does not get access to a lot of these events due to the device he uses. His level is high enough that he could participate, but they just do not show up on his device. For players such as him, camping is something that is more of a necessity as he will need cash later on to purchase stronger units. If you complete missions, then in-game cash would be needed to purchase needed units. Otherwise it is just something to donate to your faction to purchase better bonuses to help in the WD events. I am still purchasing and upgrading buildings so I have more cash to donate to my faction. I agree with others that think it would be interesting to have a gold free battle just to see how teams would rank and make the game a little more fun, even if only for one battle.

StickShift
06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
A gold free battle would be more interesting

JohnnyHempseed
06-10-2013, 02:55 PM
A gold free battle would be more interesting

Yes, it definitely would be fun and fair.

Mr. Pink
06-10-2013, 03:00 PM
The game can be incredibly fun and reasonable (cost wise) in the top 250 to 100 range. There's a lot of movement amongst the factions and rankings are constantly changing with many teams moving up or down but never sideways.

This past war we ran into factions that were top 500 that in past wars that were fielding top 250/100 quality members. That's exciting!

I really wish more top players would "slow down" and remind themselves why this game is fun. I know a few folks in top factions and they all said their most enjoyable WD was the one their faction went gold free and just played the game.

Pace yourselves people. Play the game and have fun. It's still free...if you want it to be.

Today in our faction after the war 2 more people quit the game. One has asked if someone wants to take over his game and the other is just deleting it. These were both good members, one was a Colonel and had been playing over a year. We lost 2 after the last war also, I thought is was a fluke then but now I see it as a trend. And we have a few that are dropping from the faction because war is both demanding and costly and not as much fun as it used to be when strategy was needed. Now it's all about gold, if you aren't buying gold you are not going to place well in the end.

This will bring a lot of ridicule, but the fact is I liked this game, I've been playing for 1 1/2 years, and I am also thinking weighing the merits of the game now. I am cutting back on my spending and playing time. Because it used to be that you had a chance to out maneuver, out think and out play your opponents. But now all you have to do is use gold. LTQ units are making the destructible, in-game units obsolete. Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ.

There's no need to camp because it no longer works. There is no need to raid unless you want to fire the Boss event. In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless and why build up your base if you don't need cash. Just get a few gold bars, do the LTQs and start an indestructible army. And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested. And that concerns me because the game has been a big part of my time. And I'm afraid I will have a lot of free time soon.

Joe Op
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
...Why spend 15 million on a tactical sub when you can get better units by the 3rd level of any LTQ...

...In-game money means nothing because in-game units are useless....

...And the constant LTQs get boring after a while. A new event fired up after the war, I haven't even looked at it. Right now I'm not even interested...

Very well said Sigi!

Sadly i dont have a lvl10 Dry Dock, but the only time i would buy Tactical Strike Sub's would be during Wars, when i'm running over vault. But i rather donated it to my faction then.

Since i'm a long time player too my army is indestructible to more then 70%. (Also used Gold.)

So yes; Gold or cheat. I rather take the honest way.

HunterKiller
06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I am quitting as soon as one of my faction members takes over my account.
I have mostly enjoyed my time in the game, as a totally free player I have done pretty well, been the leader of a top 75 faction, kicked the asses of some of the top 25 teams and beat up on some well known forum members just to say I have done it.
I am quitting now because there is little else I can achieve in this game, and it is becoming far too demanding and time intensive to stay in a good faction as a free player. My faction was mostly gold free for Madagascar and it was pretty good fun. We enjoyed seeing who was actuallythe best fighter on the team rather than who has the most gold or best hacks as it is in top 100 teams.

Thanks Gree, for giving me a decent game to play for 18 months or so, I know I never paid you a cent so I shouldn't expect much, but I think I got value for money :D

Thanks to all the players on the game who make it what it is, the main reason people stick around so much is for their friends made in the game.

Thanks to my factions, firstly, The Universal Soldiers, then later on, the mighty Palringo Faction. It was a roller coaster ride but we did pretty well, and had fun which is why we play the game really.

mgriss
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The game can be incredibly fun and reasonable (cost wise) in the top 250 to 100 range. There's a lot of movement amongst the factions and rankings are constantly changing with many teams moving up or down but never sideways.

This past war we ran into factions that were top 500 that in past wars that were fielding top 250/100 quality members. That's exciting!

I really wish more top players would "slow down" and remind themselves why this game is fun. I know a few folks in top factions and they all said their most enjoyable WD was the one their faction went gold free and just played the game.

Pace yourselves people. Play the game and have fun. It's still free...if you want it to be.

Totally agree pink. I was feeling down about the game recently too... but if you just STOP (or severely slow) the gold spending, take a look around... there's a lot of free players having lots of fun. Sure, camping doesn't do much for you anymore since cash units are worthless... but the bosses and high faction bonuses are so expensive it still really pays to not need pvp for cash (the whole purpose of camping, right?). I started a new LLP camper and I know once it gets big IPH, a few bosses under it's belt... it won't compete with goldies flying through LTQs, but campers never stood much of a chance against gold, and I'll still make mad WD points for my top 350 team while the goldies level at 2-3 times the rate I do, spending more and more so they can fight themselves. Honestly I hope big spenders and fast players keep it up... it just means I'll never have to see them at war or on my rival's list ever again, except briefly as they level past.

a4194394
06-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Now there is even no way to enhance yourself greatly except gold.

glitters
06-10-2013, 06:26 PM
the smartest people never download any GREE games
the 2nd smartest people uninstall GREE games and never return

Technically I never downloaded a Gree game. When I downloaded MW, it was a Funzio game.

jjm521
06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I love this game, bugs and all, but i agree 100%. When i saw the next war was less than 3 weeks away and another energy (read:gold) event already started, i told my faction mates that we need to relax next war and be happy with top 500 or even 750. Prizes arent that great till top 50 anyway, and im exhausted from this game. Ive said it before, but it always falls on deaf ears - leave us wanting more instead of making more of us leave. Listen to your customers Gree.

Ironstone
06-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Hey, we are all about fun placed 605ish in last war but was having more fun on groupme with each other than the war... We had a blast ... Wanna join?

Led
06-10-2013, 10:49 PM
You guys are looking at it wrong. The prizes for top 75 and less factions are great compared to the higher faction prizes and the low amount of gold needed for ltq units is Small in comparision to LE sets.. cash units are a thing of the past soon everyone just needs to learn the "new" rules of the game IMHO it actually costs less to be a top player with the right faction and ltq play.

I am a cow
06-10-2013, 10:55 PM

and that top 1000 faction that had a DL with 1.5 million defense!

Kiko Matsing
06-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Just started to play this game before columbia and had my first war at madagascar and I enjoyed it very much specially those last second attack( while waiting health to regenerate) we won our last battle in the last second with just a hairline(32points) and it was great. My faction made it top 4000 and got my first war price :) (riptide) battle at no gold zone is so much fun

I am a cow
06-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Just started to play this game before columbia and had my first war at madagascar and I enjoyed it very much specially those last second attack( while waiting health to regenerate) we won our last battle in the last second with just a hairline(32points) and it was great. My faction made it top 4000 and got my first war price :) (riptide) battle at no gold zone is so much fun

Glad that you are proud of that

Kiko Matsing
06-11-2013, 12:16 AM

Yeah, stat wise its low but the fun was great

HGF69
06-11-2013, 12:20 AM
I think we might go gold free again prizes for Poland suck.

Hooligany
06-11-2013, 12:31 AM

No gold zone is fun. When u get 4000, ur next target goes higher. 1500/1000/500 may be still fun n no gold.
Then some active players look got higher faction or someone in the faction starts using gold n u guys think that the next tier is achieveable. As a team, it can be contagious n more ppl start to use gold to achieve the results.
The key is to stay competitive. Unless u can ignore that.

To many its because of several reasons they quit.
1. Bck to back events with no break. Sometimes it demands alot more time than ur work or family or personal life.
Yes you can sit out of the events but when u return u will be much weaker as they r too many units given out.
2. Events that require gold instead of commitment. No matter how much time u spend playing the game, a richer person gets stronger than u by a few clicks using gold.
3. Hackers n glitches that r not remove. They make gold players feel stupid to pay n get strong.

A game has to be a profitable to keep developers going but not to the extend that the bottom line fun is taken away. Many people feel stressed rather than happy.

Just my personal opinion. This is why I quitted my crime city as its taking too much time of my life.

Rowdydowdy
06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
It's becoming to demanding. My faction has lost players in the last two wars as they feel it has become too much of a burden on their personal lives. Who knows I may wake up one day soon and sell everything as well...

Wai
06-11-2013, 12:43 AM

I'm sure after reading your posts that you didn't mean it the way it reads.

Good for you Kiko, enjoy the pure fun at around the 4,000 mark.

Many take it far too seriously and/or lock themselves into an ever increasing gold spend.

AndreGoJ
06-11-2013, 01:42 AM
I just voluntarily left a top 30 faction. The game isn't the same anymore...it used to be a lot of fun. It has become demanding, if you want to be competitive, and costly. Why am I giving a large amount of money to a ****ty company that makes a ****ty game? I have plenty of disposable income, but I'd rather give it to charity than buy virtual nothingness. I feel bad for the people that have started taking this game way too seriously... so much so that they neglect family, friends and work. Anyway, I'm looking for a leisurely faction that's all about having fun.

Hey, Guardians of Justice would love to have you. Just splintered off from a poorly run faction.

No donation requirements - we give what we can. Tips/strategies/advice given. Great group of core daily/hourly players looking for others like us. Code: 878 375 090.

Kiko Matsing
06-11-2013, 02:59 AM
I'm sure after reading your posts that you didn't mean it the way it reads.

Good for you Kiko, enjoy the pure fun at around the 4,000 mark.

Many take it far too seriously and/or lock themselves into an ever increasing gold spend.

if the time comes my faction ask me to use gold then I'll just move out. can't even spare some money after months end LOL!! and my wife will surely kill me :-)

Sigfried
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
After considering what it takes to maintain 2 games I have dropped one of them. The non-stop LTQs are too demanding and happening too often. I'll just try with one game for a while. It's not fun when it seems like work. BTW, our faction lost another player last night, he decided to call it quits also. So we lost 3 after this last war, 4 if you count my second game. We will lose more after the next war if gold use continues to be the determining factor in wins and placement. We've had 2 players swear they will never buy gold again - I believe one of them. Myself, I am swearing off gold for wars, what I spent on this last war would have got me through a couple of events and the event rewards would have been much better.

chorfskie
06-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Join us in our faction 373 304 862 Scotland the brave! Top 500 and climbing! 💀STB💀🇬🇧🇺🇸🇩🇪🇨🇳🇮🇹🇪🇸🇫🇷🇰🇷🇯🇵all welcome👍great bunch of guys and gals 😎473 and 472 last 2 wars and most bonus' maxed out!!!! join us now :-) were a fun faction that aren't too serious and have a laugh :-) the offers there....

-Ho-
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Been playing for about a year now, and it is getting boring lately. Can I get a unit that transforms enemy gold units into destructible ones? -please. I can pay in gems.

ptong
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
if the time comes my faction ask me to use gold then I'll just move out. can't even spare some money after months end LOL!! and my wife will surely kill me :-)

are more wives playing MW! :D

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
06-12-2013, 09:05 AM

lol,they left the game becos their pockets are not deep enough。lol,i started as a free players。but i enjoyed the fun。pumping in thousands to buy gold to win。my teammate oso did that。so those left are those played for free。but they are always alot of of new gold players rising。^_^if urs faction is failing,join ours。。

pm me for more details

we will teach u how the game will be fun!!

generalpain
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
lol,they left the game becos their pockets are not deep enough。lol,i started as a free players。but i enjoyed the fun。pumping in thousands to buy gold to win。my teammate oso did that。so those left are those played for free。but they are always alot of of new gold players rising。^_^if urs faction is failing,join ours。。

pm me for more details

we will teach u how the game will be fun (if you have a couple thousand to blow and want to play 24 hours a day)!

There, fixed for you :-)

Howevr, if you dont wanna spent dons, are a normal person, come to my faction, we make fun of pun and dont require a credit checc to join. Pm me for details.

TW Turtle55555
06-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I am quitting as soon as one of my faction members takes over my account.
I have mostly enjoyed my time in the game, as a totally free player I have done pretty well, been the leader of a top 75 faction, kicked the asses of some of the top 25 teams and beat up on some well known forum members just to say I have done it.
I am quitting now because there is little else I can achieve in this game, and it is becoming far too demanding and time intensive to stay in a good faction as a free player. My faction was mostly gold free for Madagascar and it was pretty good fun. We enjoyed seeing who was actuallythe best fighter on the team rather than who has the most gold or best hacks as it is in top 100 teams.

Thanks Gree, for giving me a decent game to play for 18 months or so, I know I never paid you a cent so I shouldn't expect much, but I think I got value for money :D

Thanks to all the players on the game who make it what it is, the main reason people stick around so much is for their friends made in the game.

Thanks to my factions, firstly, The Universal Soldiers, then later on, the mighty Palringo Faction. It was a roller coaster ride but we did pretty well, and had fun which is why we play the game really.

I'm confused. After your wonderful letter I read your signature. Seems like you only recruited gold spenders?

djl
06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I think that for non-gold spenders, unless you've been in the game a long time and have big stats, the "fun ceiling" is around top 350 or so. Above that, you run into brutal teams where you can't even attack an opponent because of the enormous stat inflation lately. My faction is starting to talk about top-100, and if it keeps up I'll drop back to a lower faction. I'm lvl 55, and with faction boosts 105/108k. Came along slowly but surely, but even so had very few targets last battle.

Oh, and then when I did have targets and beat people 80 levels higher than me, what were my points? About 250-300. Points really sucked this time.

KFH
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Same here were a top 100 team just had a good player quit today and another is thinking about it. All because of gold they bought was not returned to them. This is happening to me now and i'm starting to see their frustration

Meervlo
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM

come join the Warriorz!!!!

Looking for active members, our goal is at least top 1000

Our Faction "Warriorz" is looking for new members. You should be team players and willing to participate actively to reach our goals. come join a faction where all the members are active in donating!We have a great faction and are looking for motivated members who are donating and contributing to the cause. if this is you come give us a shot. we have purchased 16 bonuses already

Faction Warriorz infite code 605 816 915
15 % building defense
15% infantry defense
10% ground defense
15% health bonus (almost 20%)
10 % air defense
5% building output
+10 member slots - 6 spots free

We have a defenceleader whith 150K Defence
we are no big goldspenders,just donate concrete and money on a regular basis to the faction as this benefits everyone.
you should be at least a level 70 and a daily player.
During wars time, we try to communicate with each other to know who to attack and get more cach and warpoints.
Welcome!! we are glad to have you!!

for questions you can always contact me, Meervlo 896-935-689(defence leader) or JT 377-459-174(faction leader)