PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate Scammers

Roy-DeMeo
06-10-2013, 08:41 AM
****BEWARE****

I have begun to see the dirty side of syndicates showing its face. Players who are bouncing from team to team and promising decent IP generation and being active during wars, then not even bothering. Since they get locked in during battle they get their earnings and look for their next prey. My recruiting team and I are not allowing anyone into the crew without talking to their old crew leader from now on. People spend hard earned money on this game and I cannot allow them to be ripped off.

Here are some of the tricks I've seen in the last few days:

*A picture of someone else's IP score at the bottom of their email (followed by "I changed my name")
*Purposeful lying about why they no longer want a top 10 team
*Purposeful lying about wins then their fight total is less then 1000
*Hackers looking for a home

This is a collective problem and I would like some feedback on how we can help each other and protect our teams at the same time. Lets expose all the tricks and find a way to build a reference base of leaders. If someone leaves my crew I will give you honest information about the player even if I am disappointed that they left.

Roy DeMeo
Burger Bar Crew

TZora
06-10-2013, 08:51 AM
wow .. do you even take their mafia ID and give a visit to their hood to see their stats? take a look at their gold weapons ... i guess, that will help a lot figuring out if they are worth adding to your syndicate. but still, there are a few smart butts who'd be extra smart. that's where you should contact the old syndicate leader.

panty sniffer
06-10-2013, 09:20 AM
You could start a google.docs database of known syndicate scammers. Kinda like the one I just started for cheaters. "in my sig"

montecore
06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
****BEWARE****

I have begun to see the dirty side of syndicates showing its face. Players who are bouncing from team to team and promising decent IP generation and being active during wars, then not even bothering. Since they get locked in during battle they get their earnings and look for their next prey. My recruiting team and I are not allowing anyone into the crew without talking to their old crew leader from now on. People spend hard earned money on this game and I cannot allow them to be ripped off.

*A picture of someone else's IP score at the bottom of their email (followed by "I changed my name")

This is a collective problem and I would like some feedback on how we can help each other and protect our teams at the same time. Lets expose all the tricks and find a way to build a reference base of leaders. If someone leaves my crew I will give you honest information about the player even if I am disappointed that they left.

Roy DeMeo
Burger Bar Crew

You should join the CC Leader chat on groupme. Install groupme and PM me your email address and I can invite you to it. We are keeping a spreadsheet of these people and I think all of the top 10-15 groups are in the chat.

Illuminati
06-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Wouldn't you be able to see whether the scammer in question is actively contributing during the war? I thought if you got kicked out of a syndicate before the prizes were awarded, you wouldn't get anything.

Roy-DeMeo
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
wow .. do you even take their mafia ID and give a visit to their hood to see their stats? take a look at their gold weapons ... i guess, that will help a lot figuring out if they are worth adding to your syndicate. but still, there are a few smart butts who'd be extra smart. that's where you should contact the old syndicate leader.

Gold weapons really are no indication of a persons potential in syndicates. In fact most smart people spend their gold on events and not items. A few crates here and there but crates have been terrible for months and now doubled in price.

that
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
****BEWARE****

Roy DeMeo
Burger Bar Crew

DUDE! I love that idea!! but how in the world will you ever figure out what syndicate they were a part of prior to hopping over??

T

Roy-DeMeo
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
DUDE! I love that idea!! but how in the world will you ever figure out what syndicate they were a part of prior to hopping over??

T

Its become a job. Bring a reference or don't get in. This should be a standard.

Deadwater
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Wouldn't you be able to see whether the scammer in question is actively contributing during the war? I thought if you got kicked out of a syndicate before the prizes were awarded, you wouldn't get anything.

Prizes are normally added to inventory the next min after battles...except for rare cases, but even then gree would award them the prizes because they were part of that syndicate during battles regardless of their paticapation.

Deadwater
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
*participation

Darn ipad won't let me edit the post

cooch
06-10-2013, 07:00 PM
There are so many slackers. Start at Top 100 or higher and bounce around...you look at weapons and see high level weapons as Roy points out, see gold spend weapons, and grab them or they send in snapshots of IP. Then they do squat in war and move on to next sucker syndicate.

Not just at high levels, all over, and going to get worse as the top teams have begun to disperse and form their own syns

My suggestion: Start a reference thread. Ask for Syn leader of XX to PM you either on IM or on Gree forum email. Talk to them all off line so no disparaging or discussion of candidate visible to anyone.

It's hard to know all syn leads. It works both ways for Top dogs. guys spending big gold and would be good candidates for top syns still need references to confirm their dedication.

That would be way to solve concerns. Candidates need to identify Syn and on Reference Thread post question for Syn leader. We probably know each other enough to contact the other thru fellow syn leaders or recruiters or officers of other syns so this could work.

Lurker
06-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't have a single gold weapon in my inventory but my stats are in the top 2% for my level (I only see 1-2 gold players with better stats on a daily basis). Got here via camping prior to level 40, judiciously spending gold on boss events, and spending gold exclusively on wars.

Your other points are valid.

TZora
06-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Gold weapons really are no indication of a persons potential in syndicates.
ok they may not be but 90% can be weeded out just by a look to their inventory (no gold weapons at all, not a single gold building ever, still claiming to spend gold in the battles, too hard to believe) .. and for the rest, take a commitment. say, they are supposed to donate 500 mil to the syndicate bank (if you are a top 50 syndicate) or w/e amount based on your syndicate ranking. if they donate right after joining, they have some contribution to the syndicate and you wont feel that bad even if they're free loaders. if they're promising to spend gold, still take some cash/bricks as part of contributions.

now if you are trusting free loaders based on their claim, "i will spend 10 vaults in the battle" and you just pick them up, they'll likely f you up in the battle and you'll end up looking like a ...................

that
06-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Its become a job. Bring a reference or don't get in. This should be a standard.

i agree fully. I'm going to pass that idea along to my syndicate boss-lady and make it a standard (at least in the syndicate that I am in)!

Razor1902
07-01-2013, 09:11 PM
****BEWARE****

Roy DeMeo
Burger Bar Crew
Yes I agree with I will help also

Chica
07-01-2013, 09:15 PM
My syn just kicks them out at the very end before items are rewarded, sucks they take up a valued spot though.

Angel00
07-02-2013, 01:31 AM
This is kind of like the whole hacking thing again. If you talk about it, more people know about it and find out how to do it.

I am against syndicate scamming too, but can we really trust leaders to pass on accurate info? For example, not all syndicates get along. And all are competing to beat each other. Especially getting to top 10. It's a massive struggle during the last hour and every ip counts! If team 10, 11 and 12 are fighting for the last top 10 slot, clearly they know who the competition is, as the scoreboard keeps changing. So if someone leaves team 10 (can be for many reasons such as... Don't get along with the group, find what people say in the chats to be offensive, sexual harassment, racism and so on) and wants to go to team 11 or 12. Can you trust leader of team 10 to be completely honest at the risk of handing over one of their top scoring people to the competition and risk losing top 10 altogether?

Not only that, but lets be honest. Not every leader is an honest and fair person. If they don't like someone in their syndicate, and this "talk to previous leader" thing goes ahead, a leader will have the power to blacklist anyone they wish!

So the bottom line is... If someone leaves a syndicate and the leader doesn't like why they left, or who their new syndicate is, do they really deserve to be blacklisted from all top syndicates in CC?

Confederate Rebels
07-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Some serious stuff. I have not been playing CC long but I can see there is plenty of passion and emotions around these top syndicates.
Are they fun to be in? (a top syndicate) seems there is a lot of negatives and complaints. Someone please tell me differently.

Razor1902
07-06-2013, 06:10 AM
This is kind of like the whole hacking thing again. If you talk about it, more people know about it and find out how to do it.

I am against syndicate scamming too, but can we really trust leaders to pass on accurate info? For example, not all syndicates get along. And all are competing to beat each other. Especially getting to top 10. It's a massive struggle during the last hour and every ip counts! If team 10, 11 and 12 are fighting for the last top 10 slot, clearly they know who the competition is, as the scoreboard keeps changing. So if someone leaves team 10 (can be for many reasons such as... Don't get along with the group, find what people say in the chats to be offensive, sexual harassment, racism and so on) and wants to go to team 11 or 12. Can you trust leader of team 10 to be completely honest at the risk of handing over one of their top scoring people to the competition and risk losing top 10 altogether?

Not only that, but lets be honest. Not every leader is an honest and fair person. If they don't like someone in their syndicate, and this "talk to previous leader" thing goes ahead, a leader will have the power to blacklist anyone they wish!

So the bottom line is... If someone leaves a syndicate and the leader doesn't like why they left, or who their new syndicate is, do they really deserve to be blacklisted from all top syndicates in CC?

I am a new syndicate called the Tier 1 Wolfpack please feel free to have me as allies because I am not ready to fight with the other syndicates .

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Ya i agree with shrapnel. It's a good idea but it relies on the constitution of the former leader way too much, all it takes is a little bad blood or a want for some "pay back" and you've lost the ability to be recruited by any decent syndicate. I think the private list was a great idea too, just let the bad players reputation proceed them and eventually EVERYONE will know not to recruit them.

ImTheBaroness
07-06-2013, 08:03 AM
You mean to tell me there are people out there that lie in a game about crime? That's just despicable.

ImTheBaroness
07-06-2013, 08:05 AM
My syn just kicks them out at the very end before items are rewarded, sucks they take up a valued spot though.

Doesn't work. I got booted and still got my prizes.

MattThomas08
07-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Ya i agree with shrapnel. It's a good idea but it relies on the constitution of the former leader way too much, all it takes is a little bad blood or a want for some "pay back" and you've lost the ability to be recruited by any decent syndicate. I think the private list was a great idea too, just let the bad players reputation proceed them and eventually EVERYONE will know not to recruit them.

You dont have to use the leader as the reference. Another player or officer could always be your reference. The list is limited by the fact that people can easily change their names, but we have one for top 25ish teams.

Panda Express
07-06-2013, 05:30 PM
You need to create a public list of these people's player IDs. You can't pay to have your ID changed.

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 05:43 PM
What's stopping people (trolls in-particular) from just putting ID's up out of spite?

Guisseppe17
07-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Geez, this is exactly why I just run a small friendly syndicate. Way too much drama at the top.

The Mechanic
07-06-2013, 11:31 PM
A great solution to screen people applying to get in is for gree to give us access to a record of our own scores from each war and when we apply to join a synd, we give the leader password or such, to view any score of ours from any specific war. We should be able to change the password any time so that whoever we release the code to cant reveal it to anyone and it becomes open to all for ever.

OBAMASMAMA
07-06-2013, 11:40 PM
A great solution to screen people applying to get in is for gree to give us access to a record of our own scores from each war and when we apply to join a synd, we give the leader password or such, to view any score of ours from any specific war. We should be able to change the password any time so that whoever we release the code to cant reveal it to anyone and it becomes open to all for ever.

Gree doesn't keep records. Seriously. If you don't get prizes and don't have a screenshot, don't bother.

Lurker
07-07-2013, 12:17 AM
There's been a lot of hand wringing about players scamming syndicates but not enough about syndicates that misrepresent themselves to potential recruits.

I'd think, however, this is more of an issue beyond Top 100.

Caveat lector.

BigMoney
07-07-2013, 02:18 AM
There's been a lot of hand wringing about players scamming syndicates but not enough about syndicates that misrepresent themselves to potential recruits.

I'd think, however, this is more of an issue beyond Top 100.

Caveat lector.

You can easily look up a syndicate's former placements if you have the syndicate's code/name, though.