PDA

View Full Version : A thought on hacking

outbackhat
06-08-2013, 10:22 AM
With what seems like an increase in hacking with Gree's push for gold sales to increase I have a theory.

Gree promotes hacking and other cheats.

If I am a gold spender and I see all the hacking and my stat advantage closing I have two choices. One quit the game and my investment, the more spent the harder the decision. Two spend more.

If I am free player then I have four. First I can quit(gree loses nothing), second just play and not worry about being the prey for everyone else in the game, spend gold, or hack.

Logically Gree wins by promoting hacking and making it easy. Face it most who need to resort to cheating are not very smart and would need the help.

SIG

TZora
06-08-2013, 10:40 AM
gotta love the conspiracy theories and theorists :)

not trying to bash you, but who knows what's the truth? i've never heard of anyone saying, "hey i got kicked by a cheater, i'm gonna buy 100 vaults and kick him right back".

there are as many theories as many ppl playing this game. how about, fight club has gree employees who score unthinkable influence points to "encourage" others into spending and trying to catch up the unthinkable lead in the syndicate events?

oopsie .. sry for opening a can of worms, again :p

mxz
06-08-2013, 10:42 AM
You've been exchanging PMs with Clay again, haven't you?

It's just a bad argument :rolleyes:

outbackhat
06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
gotta love the conspiracy theories and theorists :)

not trying to bash you, but who knows what's the truth? i've never heard of anyone saying, "hey i got kicked by a cheater, i'm gonna buy 100 vaults and kick him right back".

there are as many theories as many ppl playing this game. how about, fight club has gree employees who score unthinkable influence points to "encourage" others into spending and trying to catch up the unthinkable lead in the syndicate events?

oopsie .. sry for opening a can of worms, again :p

It is fact that Gree knows about the wide spread hacking going on, not conjecture. It is also true that they do nothing about it.
It is easier to get more players to buy a vault than 100, so that is a moronic supposition you make. And since gree does seem to keep gold hacks to a minimum they can do so with others if they wanted.

TZora
06-08-2013, 12:29 PM
i agree with you mate, gree is doing little to stop hackers and cheaters. but saying that hacking helps them make more money is actually the opposite. again, i've never ever heard/read anyone saying they purchased gold to get back to hackers. but i have heard numerous times, ppl stop buying gold cuz there are way too many hackers/cheaters in the game.

it is all about prioritizing and gree's priority is selling gold. it was and is their #1 priority lol. there are other things in their priority list and perhaps providing proper customer support and handling cheaters/hackers is waaaaaaaay down on their list. i'm with you :o

the_brein
06-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I absolutely despise cheating and hacking in the game. It sucks when we're spending real money and we see cheaters getting our goods for free.

But as awful as we may think it is, it is incorrect to say that GREE does nothing to combat cheating. I've come across quite a few nerf'd cheaters. We know that GREE recently implemented a few tools to system-wide that killed certain hacks. That's not saying they couldn't be doing more.

But to be honest, I've never come across a situation where a cheater was influencing my gameplay or enjoyment. Perhaps I'm low enough level (86) for it not to be a factor, but I certainly see cheaters on a daily basis. In fact, I take it upon myself to implement my own brand of justice (until GREE can get around to them). I rob em, hound em, and out them in our intel network.

Fearless
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
You sure are funny , thread starter

TZora
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
credit where the credit is due .. kudos to gree for minimizing cheating/hacking but there r still way too many hackers in all of their games. modern war is full of skill hackers, the mw forum is full of similar complaints. i guess, their other game forums r full of complaints too ... combating hackers/cheaters should be their #1 priority and then the customer support. but they lack in both, by miles!

there's a good point by outbackhat, "And since gree does seem to keep gold hacks to a minimum they can do so with others if they wanted."

TZora
06-08-2013, 12:56 PM
You sure are funny , thread starter
disgusted, disappointed, hopeless .. would be better words than 'funny' :)

GucciMane
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Lol most of the hackers I encounter are time hackers, and their stats are lagging because they fear respect hacking will make it too obvious (and it is).

I like timehackers, they're easy robs. They're the robin hoods of the game, redistributing wealth to all the honest players who have put work into their stats.

montecore
06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Gree actually does deal with hackers, sometimes. But not all the time. And sometimes they will unban them after they ban them and let them keep playing.

Kidkiller
06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Gold hack? Never see one. Respect hack? None that wasn't nerfed or get there butt handed to them.Time hacker? My loved one! They have done so much to me. They even bought me my first NC :) and my 2 pagoda.

chalex accepted
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
But to be honest, I've never come across a situation where a cheater was influencing my gameplay or enjoyment. Perhaps I'm low enough level (86) for it not to be a factor, but I certainly see cheaters on a daily basis. In fact, I take it upon myself to implement my own brand of justice (until GREE can get around to them). I rob em, hound em, and out them in our intel network.

sadly i can not say the same. back before syndicates came i was down below 300 on mafia and that place crawled with cheaters at the 200 cap. i was hit by 1 new everyday and sent as meny tickets to gree. Gree did their job and got them banned but after an avarage of 2 weeks. ofc i called out the cheater on their walls for other to also report (seemed to land the ban faster if multiple ppl reported) but during those 2 weeks i got hammered. Back then i used to have win/loss 80k/4k and easy half of my losses was from cheaters 1500 from payers and the last 500 from my own mistake and or other playes. at 500 mafia i do not see that meny cheaters but its possible they are hiding at low mafia tiers

the_brein
06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
sadly i can not say the same. back before syndicates came i was down below 300 on mafia and that place crawled with cheaters at the 200 cap. i was hit by 1 new everyday and sent as meny tickets to gree. Gree did their job and got them banned but after an avarage of 2 weeks. ofc i called out the cheater on their walls for other to also report (seemed to land the ban faster if multiple ppl reported) but during those 2 weeks i got hammered. Back then i used to have win/loss 80k/4k and easy half of my losses was from cheaters 1500 from payers and the last 500 from my own mistake and or other playes. at 500 mafia i do not see that meny cheaters but its possible they are hiding at low mafia tiersthats an unfortunate situation. I could see how that would be a pain. At what level were you experiencing that?

You may already do this, but perhaps you should hook up with some like-minded players who will all put reports to gree when any one of you comes across a hacker.

KING Mr932
06-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Let me know it you run into any I could use the cash lol.

the_brein
06-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I got intel on levels 70-86 if ya wanna exchange!!!