PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the next Faction vs. Faction Event

bergmystr
06-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, or what people will think about this idea.. But what the heck I'm going to post it anyway.

What if in order to make the individual faction wars a little more interesting, and one faction beating another actually mean something. The winning faction takes a portion of the losing factions points for that battle? It could be all, half, some portion of the total score difference.

I just think there needs to be something for winning each battle to spice things up.

What do you think?

Pakmom1
06-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I think that would open a whole lot of other issues, especially if they haven't fixed the unfair matching problems.

DME
06-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Winning faction gets 100% of their points.
Losing Faction gets 50% of their points.

Seems more fitting.

Eiffel
06-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Eh...I think a lot of people would leave the game if they spent money on gold and then half of their points were removed just because someone else spent more money than them. Taking away something a player paid for isn't a good business idea for Gree.

It might be interesting to have a separate set of prizes based on win/loss records, though. A prize for being undefeated....for winning 90% of the time....80%, 70%...etc.

Seems more fitting.

bergmystr
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
That's a good point about taking away something someone might have paid for. Didn't think about that.

The idea for a second tier is very interesting based on win percentage

Golf4life
06-07-2013, 02:43 PM
That's a good point about taking away something someone might have paid for. Didn't think about that.

They already did this...falcon supersonic...

DME
06-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Maybe make it so if a faction loses a battle then they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can initiate another battle then. That way it doesn't take away something that people may have paid for, but still gives a penalty for losing.

junkkicker
06-07-2013, 06:34 PM
they could give the winning faction an additional 10% WD points or reset the health to 100% for the winning faction.

SGT Rud
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I think that you should be given some sort of unit for winning a battle, each battle. Have a % chance for a common/uncommon/rare item on win of a battle. The losing faction doesn't get one. I also think we should have the ability to raid the other factions bases. Each raid could be worth as many points as attacking the wall and command center. Lower the opponents boost and defense buildings to make it easier to win. You would get more into the fight than just your 4 hits wait 50 minutes hit 4 more.

Jammed Up
06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
The winning faction takes a portion of the losing factions points for that battle? It could be all, half, some portion of the total score difference.

Yeah, lets make the game even more unfair than it is now. That'll make people want to play.

BurnNotice69
06-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm with the getting a unit for winning the fight. Why not? We're getting units for completing missions, 2 units for beating the Boss at level 5 intervals and for opening chests, so why not after winning a fight in the WD event?

I think this would compliment the overall units well and also agree that it could be based on percentages dealing with the win/loss ratios.

WI(AusNz)
06-08-2013, 06:55 AM
The reason there is no prizes for winning a battle is because there are always a couple of players in each faction that racks up huge losses. It's the overall points that matter so these players survive from being booted from the faction. If there are rewards for winning battles, then these weaker players (or players who are point givers), will be booted from factions therefore isolated throngs of players in this game.

This is the reason I do not support prizes for battles won unless this issue can be somehow resolved.

possum
06-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Not that it matters, but this will all but ensure the hastening of lesser factions either imploding or dropping out entirely in regards to participation.

It's already happening now as fewer and fewer factions retain the more hardcore element and players get funneled up, inflating even the bottom tiers, while creating a huge, pronounced drop off. That precipice will only shift faster, but maybe that isn't such a bad thing, as it would put the dying dogs of the factions still floating around, out if their pathetic misery.

MW_Eric
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM
I think the idea of winning a prize is valid for a fair fight (ie match factions with similar size and attack/defense stats for a fight of the prize). A prize has more significant impact to weaker factions than stronger ones (eg an indestructible unit with 200a/300d means more to a faction placed in top 4000 vs one that placed in top 50); therefore, it will help to close the gap between weaker factions and stronger factions. Furthermore, it will encourage players in weaker factions to spend more gold to get this prize (players in top factions are mostly gold spenders so if Gree can turn non-gold spenders into one, it has the positive effect of improving the company revenue). My $0.02.

I am a cow
06-13-2013, 04:09 AM

Seems more fitting.

I like where you are going there but maybe
losing team gets 100% of their points
winning team gets 125% of their points so a little boost for the winning team inciting incentive to win unlike the current ones no one cares about winning or losing a war as long as they get what they are aiming for they are happy

DME
06-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I like where you are going there but maybe
losing team gets 100% of their points
winning team gets 125% of their points so a little boost for the winning team inciting incentive to win unlike the current ones no one cares about winning or losing a war as long as they get what they are aiming for they are happy

Yea, that would probably be better, as it would eliminate the argument of people not getting what they paid for. It would severely inflate total points though.

vorm
06-13-2013, 06:44 AM
The winning faction should get bonus points, and the amount of bonus depends on what the losing faction scored, say 10% of what the losing faction scored, this makes the reward a lot less for having a blowout in a mismatch. For Example:

Winning Faction Score: 150,000
Losing Faction Scores: 100,000

Winning Faction Gets: 160,000 (10% of the 100,000 so 10,000 bonus)
Losing Faction Gets: 100,000

Wai
06-13-2013, 06:52 AM
They already did this...falcon supersonic...

And the Enforcer

Wai
06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Ive got a great idea.

Why don't we keep it simple.

You win or you lose. Thats it!

sraghav42
06-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Ive got a great idea.

Why don't we keep it simple.

You win or you lose. Thats it!

Agree cause if gree implements it we would all be ****ed by the gree math