PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there a separate customer service subforum?

pendentive
06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
I have been an owner, admin and moderator for several different online forums over the last 9 years and have participated in dozens of others at the entry level. I'm very surprised there isn't a separate subforum for Kingdom Age customer service matters (problems, complaints, etc.).

It would be fairly simple for a moderator to move posts (and/or threads) over to a dedicated subforum when they pop-up, and keep the General forum "clean", more positive, and more game-play-oriented.

At first the moving/editing job would be tough, but eventually, the forum would police itself and the membership would guide those comments to the appropriate place. Just set up rules for acceptable behavior and let it take off.

I'm not complaining...just offering a suggestion. I know it doesn't cost anything to do this..;)...and there are already folks that have volunteered to help out. And they wouldn't have to be endowed with Super Powers. :D Just enough to move thread across forums, and close/open/sticky. This would relieve the burden on the official Mods/SuperMods and free them up for more important matters.

I absolutely love Kingdom Age and finally found my way to this forum after months of playing. I'm enjoying it so far. That said, it's really a shame when perfectly good threads get muddied up with customer service matters.

I like to compare this matter to having bathrooms at a football stadium. It's a dirty job, and nobody wants to do it. But it's much better than not having any and allowing a free-for-all....then having to clean the resultant crap off the stands and field!

Please take this into consideration for your own sanity...one admin to another. ;)

Dirt road Joe
06-06-2013, 11:15 PM
They do:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?65-Technical-(All-Platforms)
But they seem to over look this part of the forums except once in a blue moon. I would greatly appreciate it if they would utilize this part of the forums more often. Simple updates here and there would be nice. Instead of them getting 1500 tickets about the same issue, they could post in this part of the forums that it is a known issue and it is getting worked on. I would also like to see possibly a "FAQ" type of thread there. Something that helps people search the issues they may be having and be able to look through a series of solutions.

That is too overwhelming to moderate/manage. And for anyone researching Kingdom Age issues....far too time-consuming.

We need a subforum here - maybe even under General, but better if it's at the bottom.

A place where complaints can be moved to easily and still stay within the "K.A. Family". I didn't mean to come off snapy in my post. I was just saying that they did have a such thing. But i completely agree with you. Having a subforum within this KA part of the forums would make a huge difference. I think there are many people that don't even know the "technical" part of the forums exists.

pendentive
06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
That forum is too overwhelming to moderate/manage. And for anyone researching Kingdom Age specific issues....far too time-consuming.

We need a subforum here - maybe even under General, but better if it's at the bottom.

A place where complaints can be moved to easily and still stay within the "K.A. Family".

I'm not talking just about glitches and errors, but a place to send all complaints, back-talking, hollering, etc. In other forums it's often named "Whine N Cheese" or similar. A place to get it off your chest without mucking up the main forum.

TempusDA
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Hehe sub forums of many natures would be nice :)