PDA

View Full Version : Exploit Solved, Combat Changes Based On Player Feedback

CJ54
06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Hello all,

We have had two major recent developments that we want to share with you.

One involves a potential exploit involving boost effects that was reported to us by several players. After investigation, we have blocked the exploit that allowed the potential for unintended stacking of boost effects, and have permanently banned the small number of accounts that were abusing this exploit. We'd like to thank the initial reporters who contacted us via Support, for their help in bringing this to our attention so that we could address it in a timely manner. We're also looking into different potential reporting methods for this kind of issue for speedier resolution times, as requested by our players.

The other development concerns two heavily reported issues which were closely related: the extreme stat fluctuations in combat on the Android platform, and the losses to players that appeared drastically less powerful on the iOS platform. These were due to a change made to combat some time ago; the original intent was to make combat more dynamic and exciting. However, due to the feedback from our players on this issue, we have reverted the combat code.

We understand how much our players care about the game, and we understand that we have not communicated this (or changes made) as often or as in-depth as our players would like. I and the members of the Modern War team hope that this post will be the start of better communication and greater transparency on decisions and issue resolution between ourselves and our players. We cannot always make requested changes, and the changes that we can make may take time, but we deeply care about your experience playing the game. Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team

Paul Wall
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Put your money where your mouth is! Talk is cheap.... real cheap.... Start that "better communication" right now. In the morning we'll see you in the forums and we'll notice if you're living up to your word. Prove to us you care. That is all

Sergeant307
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the communication!

TripSD
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
CJ, Thank you for running this down. I am really hoping to see how these changes affect the WD even coming up.

Mistress Nikita
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
CJ, I hope you have in fact made fixes to the game. But, I fear its too late for me. The last few battles were so un-fun that I'm actually dreading this weekend. It is only because of my friendships in my faction that I'm still playing at all.

Once the gold that I've already purchased runs out, I will revert to camping.

I'm sorry. MW was a lot of fun for a very long time. But, the hacker and cheats, and Grees indifference, has ruined it.

CJ54
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
CJ, Thank you for running this down. I am really hoping to see how these changes affect the WD even coming up.

Well, it should be for the best, on both counts.

Adacus71
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Thank you.

dpghost mobile
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
just to be clear, if I see an account with 5% less defense than my attack, will I win?

MADCAT
06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
edited

save for the future

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Thank you CJ.

All we really want is to know we are being listened to, and that Gree is taking action to protect the players who finance this game.

Rowdydowdy
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
CJ, what has been done about the other exploits are they fixed or will they be soon? Some of these guys are running rampant making the effort of those using cash for gold worthless .Also any word about the units that were not working do we need to send a ticket or is it being handled?

Glad to hear something,now just a little more.

Paul Wall
06-06-2013, 08:24 PM
crickets 123

Sinner
06-06-2013, 08:55 PM
A lot to little , A lot to late. Just solving part of hacking problem ? You guys intentionally made changes that made us lose to players 50k to 70k lower than my stats. Especially when I'm using gold to attack these players in war. Are you kidding me ? What is wrong with you ? This last ditch effort to get everyone fighting tomorrow is a waste. You want to fix things postpone war and get it all figured out. I've personally had alot of help when contacting support for Issues (not pertaining to hackers) in a friendly and timely manner but the game is tainted now and one post about fixing half the problems won't fix it. Cj I'm not bashing you at all. You are the scape goat. I hope this all gets fixed. All of it. I love my faction members and used to love this game.

Generik79
06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Saying the health regen hack is solved and closed is very bold. I hope that is true. Time will tell as everything comes out eventually.

Roscoe782
06-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm so gonna buy gold now since battle starts tomorrow. First unbanned, then this great great news! Seems things have really turned around. Units can't stack...well impossible for them too, but on the bright side, the harder problem of hacker control is taken care of! Fixed! Excellent!

Golf4life
06-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you CJ for the communication. Look forward to hearing more positive news from the MW team.

gingerbear
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm so gonna buy gold now since battle starts tomorrow. First unbanned, then this great great news! Seems things have really turned around. Units can't stack...well impossible for them too, but on the bright side, the harder problem of hacker control is taken care of! Fixed! Excellent!

Hackers can make them stack, why is it impossible for GREE?

Golf4life
06-06-2013, 09:40 PM
instead of pointing out shortcomings, can we not all be happy that they fixed a major hacking issue?

honest Abe
06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I assume this resolves the 99pct health regen hack that durt was talking about??

digisyn
06-06-2013, 09:46 PM
The stat swing is sooooo much better (Android)! Thank you! I'm backing to winning when I should!

Roscoe782
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
instead of pointing out shortcomings, can we not all be happy that they fixed a major hacking issue?

I commend you for being a trusting soul. I am a skeptic as u can tell from the comparison I made in my post as well as the timing of the announcement.

Golf4life
06-06-2013, 09:51 PM
quite the contrary, I am quite positive I NEVER said the hacking problem. i said A hacking problem.

I agree that communication has been bad. I will give the guy a chance.

I won't be buying any gold still until it gets better, but they gotta start somewhere. Life is too short to hold a grudge against game developers.

After all the lies and partial truths we have had shoved down our gullets, you believe the hacking problem is solved? I have a bridge to sell you, cheap. Pm me for details

Golf4life
06-06-2013, 09:53 PM
agree on the skepticism. Its like watching a movie and right when person A is about to talk smack about person B to person C, person B just happens to enter the room....

I commend you for being a trusting soul. I am a skeptic as u can tell from the comparison I made in my post as well as the timing of the announcement.

gingerbear
06-06-2013, 09:54 PM

After the way the mangled the broken unit issue, it's hard for anyone to be happy about any announcement, we'll just have to see long this new communication lasts. We've been hearing this same tune for months and months, they just gave us a new radio.

gingerbear
06-06-2013, 09:55 PM
The stat swing is sooooo much better (Android)! Thank you! I'm backing to winning when I should!

I am still seeing my stats swing from 195k to 275k. How is that better?

Golf4life
06-06-2013, 09:56 PM
We've been hearing this same tune for months and months, they just gave us a new radio.
excellent point

Doctor F
06-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Like someone pointed out earlier how are they able to stack units that Gree says is not possible to do? Another question I have is what units have the potential to add up to 99? That's a serious question please post what possible units could stack together to reach the magic number of 99! How much for that Bridge Stryker?

Doctor F
06-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey CJ considering you say the exploit is closed is Gree going to 100% guarantee all players money that no one will be able to do this exploit in the WD event?

Sirius
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey Folks,

We appreciate some of the more constructive comments some of you guys are providing. Please keep it going and let's try keeping things a bit more positive moving forward.

As CJ stated we are going to take better steps in regards to communicating around the board with everyone and try our best to improve/resolve issues.

Again, folks please note the forum guidelines and let's keep this discussion on track.

Much appreciated and I wish folks best of luck tomorrow during the event!

~Sirius

candyson
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
These are the quality posts I have been waiting for. Thank you, Gree, for this thread. The attacking algorithm is MUCH better, I haven't had more than a 7k swing in attack since.

IB6
06-06-2013, 10:46 PM
CJ, I hope you have in fact made fixes to the game. But, I fear its too late for me. The last few battles were so un-fun that I'm actually dreading this weekend. It is only because of my friendships in my faction that I'm still playing at all.

I'm sorry. MW was a lot of fun for a very long time. But, the hacker and cheats, and Grees indifference, has ruined it.

Nail on the head, its no fun investing anymore! What to win something that more often than not doesnt work & we have to wait for fix after fix & its always a bias towards droid, too late. I been here a year and had dozens of support tickets, unanswered or prematurely closed, that is not how to treat a paying customer, im not cashing out, I cashed out, full free player here! Here for the social side, not the building side now!!!

Paul Wall
06-06-2013, 10:46 PM
No! Don't come out here to calm us down or curve our feelings! CJ was talking about a trusting communication and so are we. You still haven't answered any of the questions in the forums but you're over here tellin us to "take it easy?" Put CJ's words into action!!!!!

Hey Folks,

We appreciate some of the more constructive comments some of you guys are providing. Please keep it going and let's try keeping things a bit more positive moving forward.

As CJ stated we are going to take better steps in regards to communicating around the board with everyone and try our best to improve/resolve issues.

Again, folks please note the forum guidelines and let's keep this discussion on track.

Much appreciated and I wish folks best of luck tomorrow during the event!

~Sirius

ohgreatitsryan
06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
These are the quality posts I have been waiting for. Thank you, Gree, for this thread. The attacking algorithm is MUCH better, I haven't had more than a 7k swing in attack since.

Why am I still seeing swings on android that are 1/3 of my attack?

Can we get a justification as to how we were able to earn a broken item, for the entirety of the event, without someone telling us it wouldn't stack? You guys read the threads. You let us pay for it. That seems odd that it would take months to tell us that it was simply a mistake, or an accident. If it wasn't supposed to be there, why wasn't the even pulled immediately or the units changed with a data push during the event?

@Sirius, from what I can tell, this is being positive.

In some cases, VERY POSITIVE.

When we all talk off the forum, you should hear how negatively we really look at all of this.

candyson
06-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Why am I still seeing swings on android that are 1/3 of my attack?

I am playing on Android also. Has new data downloaded for you?

ohgreatitsryan
06-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I am playing on Android also. Has new data downloaded for you?

Assuming it was in the one that showed up today.

candyson
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't know of any second data today. I only downloaded once.

IB6
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
just to be clear, if I see an account with 5% less defense than my attack, will I win?

& the winner for best post goes to....... dpghost

Doctor F
06-06-2013, 10:59 PM
When I buy a television I get a warranty and if I buy a car I get a warranty on that, you are asking to make a leap of faith on your word that the health exploit is resolved. If you expect me to pay money on the game. I will take your word if you are willing to back it up with a 100% guaranteed refund for all players if the health exploit exists or resurfaces.

Lazy Liz
06-06-2013, 11:04 PM
To those of you that worked hard to get attn to Gree are part of this hacker work and issue Gree boldly states are fixed !! thank you very much -- you really are are my hero's.
Maybe Gree will keep moving for changes toward making a fair game thanks to you "gaming guardians " who care and can get through to them from so many of us non important yet also hardcore gaming players that want the game fair, policed and as it was with pvp before.. * See some of you in Madagascar tomorrow

To you: C J
Thanks for the notice . I address you and team Gree: appreciate the slow opening of your eyes, am one of thousands that have been very unhappy but wanted to keep faith. Lets see you immediately open somewhere up so the bold people that got banned last week get some type of justification and respect for their diligent efforts before they broke some rules of the forum with names and exposure (their last resort to get you to respond).
I feel very bad for them being punished and banned for helping the whole honest gaming community--- They should be pardoned regarding the reason behind your banning them last week, seriously...
Please give them a break and the option ( if they want to return to the forums ) as a sign of your good faith in the future of the game to all of us gamers.
** truthfully those few people.... They are no guiltier of anything than you are for not having an accessible avenue to discuss anything - you did nothing but ignore all of us who want the game fair & fixed before its to late.
We are your business, and you disrespected many people that have spent thousands and the rest of us that spend what we can.

This game used to be worth it back in the day* yet to be seen if Ill stay long, am going to have a little fun with my close few gaming mates though ⚡❤⚡ one last time and use up handy gold for them* then sit back... determining how we are treated before, during and in following weeks after event.

Thanks for opportunity to vent ✈ from a LazyLiz who wants to be leananmean in an honest well organized game that is fair to all brothers and sisters * not the ones we can't mention or the weenie low lvls that you triggered to rip us off.
We sure havent gotten any breaks or respect for playing the game since earlier days...

ohgreatitsryan
06-06-2013, 11:04 PM
When I buy a television I get a warranty and if I buy a car I get a warranty on that, you are asking to make a leap of faith on your word that the health exploit is resolved. If you expect me to pay money on the game. I will take your word if you are willing to back it up with a 100% guaranteed refund for all players if the health exploit exists or resurfaces.

At least provide us with the corrected winners list from Columbia, Ireland, China, Egypt, etc., and prove to us that something is actually being done. Some actions would be great, there have already been too many pointless words.

United Nation of Foxes
06-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Where's the evidence you have closed this loophole.......?

Can we expect a full refund ( upto yesterdays date ) for gold purchased since the dodgy code was implemented.......?

I smell bs CJ, lets be honest you guys only want us to purchase more gold today......

mickymacirl
06-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks CJ, for all the work.

ohgreatitsryan
06-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Where's the evidence you have closed this loophole.......?

Can we expect a full refund ( upto yesterdays date ) for gold purchased since the dodgy code was implemented.......?

I smell bs CJ, lets be honest you guys only want us to purchase more gold today......

AND they only gave us a pitiful 20% off sale.

I mean seriously, how can they think they've earned THAT MUCH trust.

One promise of communication doesn't do that.

Arnaud
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
CJ, Sirius,

Does that mean Attack and Defense skills are not taken into account anymore?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Arnaud

MoD
06-07-2013, 12:40 AM
to whom it may concern: if you do not like this game or gree, don't play. or do you just need a place to unload your negativity?

i am willing to believe in a change for the better.

thank you cj54 and sirius for your information.

ohgreatitsryan
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
to whom it may concern: if you do not like this game or gree, don't play. or do you just need a place to unload your negativity?

i am willing to believe in a change for the better.

thank you cj54 and sirius for your information.

I am willing to believe in a change for the better, as long as I actually see a change for the better and not just hear about one.

Edit: But I also believe in crazy things such as transparency, honesty, obligation and communication. Most of these complaints wouldn't exist if the last one happened in a timely manner. If they hadn't ignored all of our questions about boost units during the event, and had been direct with us then, all of us that spent gold wouldn't have such bitter feelings towards GREE. Granted, these aren't directed at CJ, Sirius, TheOracle or the mysterious admin account, but we have no way to actually voice our concerns to anyone else, since, as we have all learned, in-game tickets don't work. We, and I believe I'm speaking for the majority of people that have been expressing distrust and skepticism towards any "news" like this, have invested a lot of time, energy, effort and currency in this game. We have made great connections with other players and want the game to thrive, but, we also don't have a lot of hope for that or reason to have it after being constantly beaten down for so long by glitches, rushed updates, rushed events and largely non-existant support, that we are jaded.
We want this game to be great. We want to keep giving GREE our money. We want to give GREE more of our money. They just keep giving us reasons not too, and after so long and so many promises of change, it starts to wear thin. I hope that can answer your question.

United Nation of Foxes
06-07-2013, 01:30 AM
AND they only gave us a pitiful 20% off sale.

I mean seriously, how can they think they've earned THAT MUCH trust.

One promise of communication doesn't do that.

It's a slap in the face for sure

DunkNL
06-07-2013, 02:40 AM
I take it you still only see your opponent's raw stats, so you could still lose to someone with lower stats due to skill points.
But i hope this change does make sure I won't win from someone, attack again and suddenly lose? Win = always win, Lose = always lose.

rbell05
06-07-2013, 02:47 AM
CJ54 I for one appreciate the communication. Now that it's started please keep it going. Gree has a lot of unhappy customers and you have a lot of work ahead to gain back credibility and trust. Good start.

sraghav42
06-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Thanx CJ45 for the update

I am a cow
06-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks CJ hope it is actually fixed though but great job if it is

TripSD
06-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Will know if it is fixed in 7 hours and counting.

Grizz875
06-07-2013, 03:23 AM
So basically OBO and the rest of the top 10 other than a team that will remain nameless are SOL on a compromised Colombia event?

Pretty safe to assume so

Dragon11216
06-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Only time will tell if the bugs are really fixed. However due to personally being ignored through in game support on the three hit glitch when buying medpack, power attack giving the same amount as a regular attack. The tomcat and falcon not stacking. I will not buy gold this war. At least there was some communication on the forum finally. Maybe this is a good start.

digisyn
06-07-2013, 05:42 AM
I am still seeing my stats swing from 195k to 275k. How is that better?I was swinging from 50% of my attack stat to 110% and losing to many people that I shouldn't have. Now my attacks are +/- 15% and I am back to winning where I should so I commend the fix as it works for me.

Fazhang
06-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks Cj
Blah

Stacey
06-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks CJ.

06-07-2013, 07:03 AM
I have a problem my profile says my attack is 680k. Its been checked by other players for me. But when I attack it usualy averages 540 k I bought 5of the gold sets just to see if it would go up. My average is still 540k and my profile says 710k. Ive sent tickets in and all I get is our team is working on it and then they close my ticket

Web323
06-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Not on ios, just lost to someone with 120k less def than my attack

perry82
06-07-2013, 07:18 AM
new data push seams to have fixed most android issues thanks for the post cj look forward to more posts ect in future

ProCision
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I was swinging from 50% of my attack stat to 110% and losing to many people that I shouldn't have. Now my attacks are +/- 15% and I am back to winning where I should so I commend the fix as it works for me.

Same here. Looking good. Still wonder why I would be going 45k under my posted attack.

MWsir
06-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Who thinks the same faction will win once again...?

Jammed Up
06-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Sorry, I'm not buying it. And I'm not going to be buying gold, either.

This is like putting a brightly colored band-aid on a brain tumor. It looks nice but it doesn't DO anything.

I'll be contacting Apple for a full refund of all the gold I bought in the last 90 days, and if they refuse I'll go up the ladder to my credit card company and do a formal chargeback.

Claims of "changes" and "fixes" are all well and good (assuming they're even true) but it does NOTHING to compensate those of us who've lost real money due to Gree's incompetence and lackadaisical response.

Jd-fors
06-07-2013, 10:08 AM
How about fixing my support tickets from 5-17 and 5-20?

Doctor F
06-07-2013, 10:25 AM
CJ and Sirius I'll give you the benefit of doubt but I won't give you my hard earned money..you guys mention better communication with the players so please answer these two questions I have. What units will stack together on the health boost that will add up to the magic number of 99? And secondly will refunds be issued if the health exploit resurfaces? Lets see if you meant what you said about communicating issues better...

Dhusagar
06-07-2013, 10:33 AM
CJ - I've been on the forum for 18 months.

I've heard the exact same type of words too many times to have any faith in their veracity.

Pro-actively demonstrating changes, rather than reactively dealing with SOME changes after being called out on the forums would show people that improvements have been made.

You could start with publishing accounts that have been banned. There is NO RATIONALE (that stands up to scrutiny) for not doing so. This would give people more confidence in what is said.

There is a long way to go to regain my trust in this game - wont speak for others.

If Sirius wants more "positivity" from threads, perhaps understanding and responding appropriately to the frustration might be a starting point - just saying "lets be more positive" is useless.

Richie.
06-07-2013, 10:52 AM
So android stats fluctuating between attacks wildly stil hasnt been fixed although you stated it has....not at all surprised

DME
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
You could start with publishing accounts that have been banned. There is NO RATIONALE (that stands up to scrutiny) for not doing so. This would give people more confidence in what is said.

I think the fact that names aren't unique is a very good reason not to publish banned accounts.

DME
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
So android stats fluctuating between attacks wildly stil hasnt been fixed although you stated it has....not at all surprised

It has. The range is like half the size now.

Dhusagar
06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Third war in and first hacker faction!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/dhusagar/09097508038622a947aed042cee84da8_zps0a7c31b7.jpg

Guess words speak louder than actions?

DME
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Third war in and first hacker faction!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/dhusagar/09097508038622a947aed042cee84da8_zps0a7c31b7.jpg

Guess words speak louder than actions?

They never claimed to have stopped all hacking/hackers, just the boost stacking exploit, which isn't something that you'd be able to see anyway.

Dhusagar
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
And in the meantime - the REAL money I pay to hit these hackers does not get repaid and my faction loses points to these guys? And still they don't have any solution - guess the laughs are on us then.

Jammed Up
06-07-2013, 02:06 PM

This is an excellent idea, and as Dhusagar said, there is no reason not to do this. Show us who's been cheating and that would go a long way towards restoring some trust in Gree. In fact, I won't buy gold unless there is some public accounting of this. EVE does it, why not Modern War?

Dhusagar
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Each account has a unique number. I suggest you read what is written, rather than what you want to read?

In reply to DME post on multiple names as an excuse not to post accounts

DME
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
This is an excellent idea, and as Dhusagar said, there is no reason not to do this. Show us who's been cheating and that would go a long way towards restoring some trust in Gree. In fact, I won't buy gold unless there is some public accounting of this. EVE does it, why not Modern War?

As I replied to him.

I think the fact that names aren't unique is a very good reason not to publish banned accounts.

Each account has a unique number. I suggest you read what is written, rather than what you want to read?

In reply to DME post on multiple names as an excuse not to post accounts

I did read what was written.
Each account may have a unique number, but you don't see those numbers, so what would be the point?

krazybjj
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks for info, i will eagerly await this update, im one of the frustrated players. I dont like losing to someone when im 250k att and they show to be under 200k def. thanks for addressing issue and looking foward to better communication from gree!

Jammed Up
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Each account may have a unique number, but you don't see those numbers, so what would be the point?

Yes, but Gree sees them. If a given name was banned and you saw that name in the game you'd know it wasn't them.

HunterKiller
06-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I am really appreciative of how I can attack people with lower stats and actually win 100% of the time now! Much better thanks Gree.

ohgreatitsryan
06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I am really appreciative of how I can attack people with lower stats and actually win 100% of the time now! Much better thanks Gree.

Now I get a fun glitch where the more I attack someone, my attack constantly swings upwards each hit and then, after the 6th, drops by 100k.

DeT Bob
06-07-2013, 03:17 PM
cj, this is one of your best communication to us. wish it would always be like this! please keep it up that way!

DME
06-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes, but Gree sees them. If a given name was banned and you saw that name in the game you'd know it wasn't them.

I guess it depends on how they handle banning those accounts (i.e. if they completely remove them like they should or just lock the person out of them).

Hotshots
06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
So its taken you weeks and weeks to fix the exploit of stacking , my guess is in 24 hours a new hack will be out which enables you to do the exact same thing. Is it going to take you this long to fix it again ?
The same goes for all the other hacks , energy, stamina , gold , getting buildings and troops. Takes you months to fix (if at all) and within a few hours a new one is released. You should hire a team that works on these 24/7 (if you already have a team, well they are useless and deserve getting fired !!!! )

Dont get me started on your customer service/complaints department. I have never experienced such bad service. Gree is a multi million pound empire (possibly billion) and you cant even employ enough people to get complaints fixed. No wonder gree share prices have halved in 6 months

ohgreatitsryan
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
What would be easier would be to just have your current team google "hacking modern war," pay the $10 or whatever they change for the hack, then reverse engineer it. Seems pretty simple.

DME
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
What would be easier would be to just have your current team google "hacking modern war," pay the $10 or whatever they change for the hack, then reverse engineer it. Seems pretty simple.

A lot seems down to having certain data being client sided rather than server side.

Jammed Up
06-07-2013, 05:02 PM
A lot seems down to having certain data being client sided rather than server side.

That's right, because Gree's servers STUPIDLY accept anything the client passes back to the game without verifying the data. This is the most pathetic programming mistake anyone could possibly make.

njemt242
06-07-2013, 05:42 PM
about time gree attempted to fix something. Lets see if gree class did their job

Rowdydowdy
06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Ok I never applaud Gree, until now. I reported a hacker with 448 Heavy Cannons, 216 Steel Eagles and 78 Lead Soldiers. I've been informed he was looked at and given the boot.
Is me posting this wrong? Maybe, but I don't care. Its nice to actually have an issue and within 2 hours have it resolved and receive a response.
Now I know this was an easy one,but the actual timely response amazed me. I hope you continue with the changes.

Burnt
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Combat changes are much improved. Thank you.

Lurker
06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
This is a welcome development, CJ. Keep up this communication.

While your and MW team efforts are appreciated, look forward to more engagement moving forward.

And yes, please deal with hackers especially when they are reported. They spoil the game for the rest of us and prevent some of us from buying more gold.

Hello all,

One involves a potential exploit involving boost effects that was reported to us by several players. After investigation, we have blocked the exploit that allowed the potential for unintended stacking of boost effects, and have permanently banned the small number of accounts that were abusing this exploit. We'd like to thank the initial reporters who contacted us via Support, for their help in bringing this to our attention so that we could address it in a timely manner. We're also looking into different potential reporting methods for this kind of issue for speedier resolution times, as requested by our players.

The other development concerns two heavily reported issues which were closely related: the extreme stat fluctuations in combat on the Android platform, and the losses to players that appeared drastically less powerful on the iOS platform. These were due to a change made to combat some time ago; the original intent was to make combat more dynamic and exciting. However, due to the feedback from our players on this issue, we have reverted the combat code.

We understand how much our players care about the game, and we understand that we have not communicated this (or changes made) as often or as in-depth as our players would like. I and the members of the Modern War team hope that this post will be the start of better communication and greater transparency on decisions and issue resolution between ourselves and our players. We cannot always make requested changes, and the changes that we can make may take time, but we deeply care about your experience playing the game. Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Sirius
06-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Ok I never applaud Gree, until now. I reported a hacker with 448 Heavy Cannons, 216 Steel Eagles and 78 Lead Soldiers. I've been informed he was looked at and given the boot.
Is me posting this wrong? Maybe, but I don't care. Its nice to actually have an issue and within 2 hours have it resolved and receive a response.
Now I know this was an easy one,but the actual timely response amazed me. I hope you continue with the changes.

As CJ has said, this is just one of the many steps we are taking to be more transparent with everyone on what is being done and in moving forward to make this as enjoyable as we all can here at GREE. Just please be patient with us and we are sure to get things back on track overall.

WI(AusNz)
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Woohoo! Imagine a great game with great support. Wouldn't that be fantastic! (I need to edit to say I never really had an issue with support or CJ and Sirius but hear the stories from other players sometimes sound a bit sour)

I been getting into war if nations just recently. When will an online forum be open for this game? I have a few issues I would like to discuss - like pm your Neighbour.

Sorry for being off topic. Thanks for the communication. Makes us players feel a bit more comfortable forking over the cash

Sirius
06-07-2013, 11:27 PM
They should be up soon. In the mean time you can create an unofficial thread here if you would like. I'll be sure to sticky it for you.

sraghav42
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM
The problem is still existing , the members of my faction on ios see someone's defense 260k whereas I on android see it 230k ?????
Wasn't it meant to be fixed

2nd Sea Raiders
06-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Thank you for the communication and clear explanation of what you guys did to stop a major problem.

I am a cow
06-08-2013, 05:29 AM
thank you for this but we still need someone to get rid of all these hackers

United Nation of Foxes
06-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Combat changes are much improved. Thank you. I agree, whatever change they have made certainly seems to have sorted the issue out,

Dutchie
06-08-2013, 06:19 AM
I agree, whatever change they have made certainly seems to have sorted the issue out,

Don't know about reverting back to old code... seems to me they have flipped the algorithm and instead of crazy losses, you have crazy wins... I think it was the quickest way to fix the issue of crazy losses, but I am not complaining.

Doctor F
06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Nice to see your quick reaction time but where is my bonus gold? It would be nice to get it before Madagascar is over with. Is there something I need to do?

Scot
06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Speaking of transparency and openness and all these great sounding gestures...

What just happened to the attack algorithm again? My faction has fought the same handful of factions since beginning so we now know who our targets are. The current faction I am against, I have scored over 300+ wins against 1 in particular person. Suddenly, this battle is different and even though his defense has not changed nor has my attack (which still posts quite a bit higher than his defense) I can't win any of them?

Why would something be changed like this mid battle GREE?

I will bite my tongue from this point on and hope for a reply.:mad:

BILAT NI KAZU BAHO
06-08-2013, 01:33 PM
So those who bought gold units that would stack bonuses were banned. But those getting free 500k free gold every wd event were not. Interesting.

LoveAndPeace
06-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Bah.. Stop whining please.
I really cant listen to thèse gimme-100-%-insurance
For the rest of my life cry babies anymore..

They promised - well watch..
But thanks @cj, sounds like à promising restart..

And all what i can say, attacking with 180k against
165k in this war always meant .. Win
So it definitely changed to thé better

LoveAndPeace
06-08-2013, 03:42 PM
hmm.. Admit im à bit disappointed ..
So many players told Not to spend gold...
But reality shows sth différent...

http://m1331.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/LoveAndPeace29/Foto_zps20d9ecce.jpg.html?o=0

Thé top factions keep spending like hell,
Only thé lower level factions spend less :(

Even in mid-game (whats this analysis is baséd upon)
Their spending for Madagascar already equals Columbia
Hmmmh...

Gpzoon
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Good evening,
Thank you for the efforts you have been doing to fix the game providing us with a better communication.
but I've to report that according to Android users, the exstreme stats fluctuations in batle are still persisting.

Hello all,

HunterKiller
06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Speaking of transparency and openness and all these great sounding gestures...

What just happened to the attack algorithm again? My faction has fought the same handful of factions since beginning so we now know who our targets are. The current faction I am against, I have scored over 300+ wins against 1 in particular person. Suddenly, this battle is different and even though his defense has not changed nor has my attack (which still posts quite a bit higher than his defense) I can't win any of them?

Why would something be changed like this mid battle GREE?

I will bite my tongue from this point on and hope for a reply.:mad:

+1, I am getting weird losses again now, losing to people with much lower stats all over again.

atretes1
06-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Android stats still fluctuate and are different than what IOS sees on the same target.

ohgreatitsryan
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm happy to see how well the followed up on this new communication, and that it extended beyond just posting this thread.

Oh, wait....

MadFox
06-09-2013, 09:56 AM
well my faction STILL experiences these odd fight results...losing against players with significant lower stats.
It seemed to be fixed but since today broken again...
maybe someone fat fingered the reset button...wouldn't be the first time someone hit the wrong button

Burnt
06-09-2013, 10:32 AM
well my faction STILL experiences these odd fight results...losing against players with significant lower stats.It seemed to be fixed but since today broken again...maybe someone fat fingered the reset button...wouldn't be the first time someone hit the wrong buttonIt seems like the battle algorithm/code has been rolled back within the last 24 hrs. Can we get confirmation on this?

Gpzoon
06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
It seems like the battle algorithm/code has been rolled back within the last 24 hrs. Can we get confirmation on this?
I can confirm, but if u want an answer from the support, today is Sunday. Maybe they will reply tomorrow ;)

Burnt
06-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I can confirm, but if u want an answer from the support, today is Sunday. Maybe they will reply tomorrow ;)That's good. Need to gather more data. Looks like it didn't revert back anyhow. More of an adjustment. Woke up this morning and went 4/6 on an opp with lower stats, but have went undefeated since.

CJ54
06-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, if someone who's still seeing really crazy losses can give me some concrete Attack/Defense scores, I can look into it.

There are a couple of things that are (and were) playing into the weirdness there, and some level of fluctuation is going to happen because of them:

-Boost effects not showing up when you look at someone else's profile. Boost displays are all kinds of borked right now; fixing those is high priority after we get the current beast-of-an-update out. That should clear up a lot of stuff.

-There is and always has been a random element to combat in all the games (KA, Mw, CC, MQ). It doesn't kick in all the time, and works for you as much as against you. Display-wise though, this has combined poorly with the massive increase in the number of boost effects in the game (which, as above, don't always display properly in profile or combat screen) as well as the power creep on unit strength.

-The effects of skill points aren't visible. It's not just a straight 1 skill point in attack = +1 to attack score.

gingerbear
06-09-2013, 12:58 PM
The effects of skill points aren't visible. It's not just a straight 1 skill point in attack = +1 to attack score.

Is there anyway we could get a brief run down on how they work? Not detailed, just cursory.

DME
06-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Is there anyway we could get a brief run down on how they work? Not detailed, just cursory.

I don't see a reason why they couldn't/shouldn't give a detailed run down of how they work.

CJ54
06-09-2013, 02:28 PM
The effects of skill points aren't visible. It's not just a straight 1 skill point in attack = +1 to attack score.

I can't share the exact algorithm, but as has been mentioned a long time ago they provide additional attack/defense that scales with your progress in the game. They don't multiply your existing stats. It is enough to swing a combat sometimes depending on your own skill points and the random element. The random element does not scale, does not differ from player to player or combat to combat (it is a general design policy around here that things the players cannot control or affect are at least consistent across the board, in the name of fairness).

Here, I'll share a big secret (about games in general) that explains why we don't share the exact skill point algorithm or the exact numbers on the random combat element, and why we have those in the game in the first place:

Complete knowledge of whether you are going to win or lose a conflict leads to that conflict becoming boring very rapidly. This is not just true in our games, but in general. On a very fundamental level, games are about growing or learning or adjusting or changing or having weight to your choices, and without that dynamism and uncertainty you cannot grow or learn or adjust or change. Your choices have no weight. It gets boring, and you end up doing something else that DOES provide you with that stimulus. Anyone who has played a video game on "god mode" before should know what I'm talking about; you rampage through for a little while, and that's fun for a few minutes or an hour, but then the spark that got you playing in the first place is gone and you can't get it back.

What I'm saying is, "I can *probably* or even *almost certainly* beat this challenge and win, but there's a chance I might not" is where actual fun happens. This is almost certainly true in life as well as games, and very probably part of the survival drive package that led us to (for the most part) stop clubbing each other with sticks over perceived differences and (eventually) start arguing about them on the internet instead. I'm not saying that every single thing has to be an uphill struggle through mud and live fire, just that there has to be SOME level of uncertainty.

Different games go about setting up the required dynamism in different ways. In Chess or Go, there are a ridiculous number of potential moves at any given time (at least in the opening and mid-game, but often the end-game as well); combine this with the fact that you cannot read your opponent's mind and you have that golden uncertainty (which you can minimize with good tactics and knowledge of the situations that can arise. But you can't ever completely eliminate it).

Then there is randomness. Pertinent example: In most RPGs (dating all the way back to Gary Gygax's first tabletop combat simulations), you have dice or other randomness determining some combat elements. A theoretical longsword CAN do 8 points of damage, but it may only do 1. Or it may get a critical hit and get somewhere between 2 and 16. Does that make a longsword better or worse than using a dagger in each hand, which may do 2-8 with a more consistent damage spread, at the cost of two chances to miss entirely instead of just one? Regardless of weapon, is it a "better" decision to go after the weak goblins before they swarm you, or try to take out the potentially-much more-dangerous troll first? The "rightness" of those choices is dependent on the other choices you are making in the game, and even then you can only minimize the uncertainty, not completely eliminate it.

Most modern games mix those elements to some degree, and so do ours. We try to provide a spread of different potential choices in the meta-game. Which choices are "correct" should be somewhat dependent on where the player is and what they want to do. In regards to combat, what we WANT to provide is that situation that I mentioned above: "I'm pretty sure I can win, but there's a chance I may not. So do I go through with it or look for another target?" Not ALL the time (you should have the experience of "I can crush this chump" sometimes, as well as "Yeah, there's no way I can win this one, I'm going to pick a better target"). Setting this up correctly is way more complicated than it sounds, especially since the actual spread of personal power can change rapidly based on our players, well, playing the game.

The area where we could have done much better on this is in MESSAGING the uncertainty element of combat to our players. We know that. We've long been brainstorming ways to get that same sort of feeling into combat (the slight uncertainty) in a more integrated way. That potential way also has to not rock the boat too much; there have been a number of times that we have released a change to a game which is positive for the players both in terms of their success in the game and the UI, and it was received very poorly because it was too drastic a departure from the original presentation. If anyone who has read this far has any suggestions on improving the basic combat mechanic to make it more exciting, please feel free to speak up as the opinion is welcome.

Anyway, the point is, these things (and all changes that we make that aren't technical necessities) are here to keep people enjoying the game, or to give them new ways to enjoy the game. That's the goal. As I said in the first post, no players, no game. That is the baseline truth from which all design decisions spring. Sometimes we hit the mark and sometimes we miss, but the goal is always more engagement.

United Nation of Foxes
06-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice answer CJ.

DME
06-09-2013, 02:47 PM
I can't share the exact algorithm...

All that sharing the algorithm would do is allow us to calculate our actual attack and defence. It wouldn't allow us to calculate the actual attack/defence of a rival, as we can't actually see the number of stat points they have allocated to atk/def.
Also, all that having that variation (luck factor) achieves is lowering the defence that we can beat 100%. Once you see the lowest value that your attack drops to in battles you know what defences you can beat 100% (provided you factor in a slight variation for their defence), so having these hidden values doesn't really achieve all that much.

Anyway, I'm going to go and finish reading your post now.

Edit.
With your example of the long sword and dagger you get to see your attack range, which I feel is important. Obviously you aren't going to hit a crit all the time or even very often (dependant on what factors into crit chance. i.e. stat points, skills, class/race) but it's important to see.

Maybe some kind of specialisation quest lines or something could add some variation. So you could end up with an attack/balanced/defence boost on completion (you can only choose one and it's final).
Maybe a unit type specialisation also, which would give boosts to that type of unit (limited to 1 or 2 unit types).

ohgreatitsryan
06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Best possible answer CJ. Well done. I'm just glad to know that they do scale with progress in the game. Thank you.

jimthefifth
06-10-2013, 10:16 AM
1. There is already so much randomness in the game- the randomness should be very measured in areas where large amount of real dollars are involved. The main concern really is in WD Events as people are spending huge amounts of real dollars and have a logical minimal expectation that if I have played the game longer and spent more money on WD events and units i have EARNED easy victories over someone 100K plus lower than me.

2. Randomness occurs in who we are matched up against.....who could possibly be the best target....and even once your team has spent gold scouting a team....you still have multiple targets....even if we choose the best target, the points are very random. In addition....obviously GREE tries to matchup teams that are fairly close in scoring for more even match ups.....as I am in a top 10 faction....once I am only fighting the top 10 teams my targets narrow and rarely can you easily destroy someone....if we are within 50k or so I expect to lose randomly....but not when I am 250k stronger. The reason all the gold is spent scouting and earning stronger units is again to eliminate some of the randomness....very different than a free player.

3. While I agree in the randomness which must take place in the game....my argument would be that randomness should be in other places instead of ultimately in the extreme differences of ATTACK/DEFENSE strength....as while you need players for the game....you also need money to pay the people to make the game....because if spending hours on the game, large dollars on units and even larger dollars on scouting and "medpaking" (we expect to be able to see what we are up against and decide what is best) is worthless then spending money uselessly get old MUCH FASTER. If there is no visibility of strength then the reasoning for teams to spend huge dollars disappears and again you have a major problem. Just add up the numbers like an excel spreadsheet and provide a small randomness....but let everyone understand what their choice really is before they spend real money attacking someone that by game visibility they should beat but instead pay several dollars to scout and lose to.

With Respect,

JimtheFifth

Team McGurt

I can't share the exact algorithm, but as has been mentioned a long time ago they provide additional attack/defense that scales with your progress in the game. They don't multiply your existing stats. It is enough to swing a combat sometimes depending on your own skill points and the random element. The random element does not scale, does not differ from player to player or combat to combat (it is a general design policy around here that things the players cannot control or affect are at least consistent across the board, in the name of fairness).

Here, I'll share a big secret (about games in general) that explains why we don't share the exact skill point algorithm or the exact numbers on the random combat element, and why we have those in the game in the first place:

Complete knowledge of whether you are going to win or lose a conflict leads to that conflict becoming boring very rapidly. This is not just true in our games, but in general. On a very fundamental level, games are about growing or learning or adjusting or changing or having weight to your choices, and without that dynamism and uncertainty you cannot grow or learn or adjust or change. Your choices have no weight. It gets boring, and you end up doing something else that DOES provide you with that stimulus. Anyone who has played a video game on "god mode" before should know what I'm talking about; you rampage through for a little while, and that's fun for a few minutes or an hour, but then the spark that got you playing in the first place is gone and you can't get it back.

What I'm saying is, "I can *probably* or even *almost certainly* beat this challenge and win, but there's a chance I might not" is where actual fun happens. This is almost certainly true in life as well as games, and very probably part of the survival drive package that led us to (for the most part) stop clubbing each other with sticks over perceived differences and (eventually) start arguing about them on the internet instead. I'm not saying that every single thing has to be an uphill struggle through mud and live fire, just that there has to be SOME level of uncertainty.

Different games go about setting up the required dynamism in different ways. In Chess or Go, there are a ridiculous number of potential moves at any given time (at least in the opening and mid-game, but often the end-game as well); combine this with the fact that you cannot read your opponent's mind and you have that golden uncertainty (which you can minimize with good tactics and knowledge of the situations that can arise. But you can't ever completely eliminate it).

Then there is randomness. Pertinent example: In most RPGs (dating all the way back to Gary Gygax's first tabletop combat simulations), you have dice or other randomness determining some combat elements. A theoretical longsword CAN do 8 points of damage, but it may only do 1. Or it may get a critical hit and get somewhere between 2 and 16. Does that make a longsword better or worse than using a dagger in each hand, which may do 2-8 with a more consistent damage spread, at the cost of two chances to miss entirely instead of just one? Regardless of weapon, is it a "better" decision to go after the weak goblins before they swarm you, or try to take out the potentially-much more-dangerous troll first? The "rightness" of those choices is dependent on the other choices you are making in the game, and even then you can only minimize the uncertainty, not completely eliminate it.

Most modern games mix those elements to some degree, and so do ours. We try to provide a spread of different potential choices in the meta-game. Which choices are "correct" should be somewhat dependent on where the player is and what they want to do. In regards to combat, what we WANT to provide is that situation that I mentioned above: "I'm pretty sure I can win, but there's a chance I may not. So do I go through with it or look for another target?" Not ALL the time (you should have the experience of "I can crush this chump" sometimes, as well as "Yeah, there's no way I can win this one, I'm going to pick a better target"). Setting this up correctly is way more complicated than it sounds, especially since the actual spread of personal power can change rapidly based on our players, well, playing the game.

The area where we could have done much better on this is in MESSAGING the uncertainty element of combat to our players. We know that. We've long been brainstorming ways to get that same sort of feeling into combat (the slight uncertainty) in a more integrated way. That potential way also has to not rock the boat too much; there have been a number of times that we have released a change to a game which is positive for the players both in terms of their success in the game and the UI, and it was received very poorly because it was too drastic a departure from the original presentation. If anyone who has read this far has any suggestions on improving the basic combat mechanic to make it more exciting, please feel free to speak up as the opinion is welcome.

Anyway, the point is, these things (and all changes that we make that aren't technical necessities) are here to keep people enjoying the game, or to give them new ways to enjoy the game. That's the goal. As I said in the first post, no players, no game. That is the baseline truth from which all design decisions spring. Sometimes we hit the mark and sometimes we miss, but the goal is always more engagement.

DME
06-10-2013, 11:38 AM
WD points received for a successful attack should be related to defensive strength of the target and points received for a successful defence should be related to the attackers attack strength.
So attacking and beating an opponent with 2m def would give more points than attacking and beating an opponent with 100k def. Successfully defending against an attacker with 2m attack would give more points than successfully defending against an attacker with 100k atk.
It makes more sense than the seemingly random points that people are reporting.

JRPackerFan
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
As CJ has said, this is just one of the many steps we are taking to be more transparent with everyone on what is being done and in moving forward to make this as enjoyable as we all can here at GREE. Just please be patient with us and we are sure to get things back on track overall.

It's impossible to take you guys seriously. Your fixes tend to be self serving...a 300 gold credit is a slap to face for the last debacle Gree created with the stacking issue....a credit which appears to going out through the U.S. mail. I don't need an explanation that it was a mistake....WE ALL GET THAT!!!! What we are expecting is a level of customer service that demonstrates that Gree values it's customer. Which has yet to been seen, save the rhetoric and move forward with actions. You have a great product, but seem to be unable to deliver a satisfactory level of customer service...which is really sad.

JR
Leader - World Alliance Revolution W.A.R

176th finish for Madagascar!!!
Faction 204-729-450 World Alliance Revolution W.A.R.
+30 Building Defense
+26 Health Regeneration
+15% more money from buildings!!!
+30 Infantry Defense
+30 Ground Defense
+20 Air Defense
+20 Sea Defense
+ 10 Infantry Attack
+ 10 Ground Attack
+ 5 Air Attack
- 5 casualty reduction
48 Members!!!!

lemonhaze
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Put your money where your mouth is! Talk is cheap.... real cheap.... Start that "better communication" right now. In the morning we'll see you in the forums and we'll notice if you're living up to your word. Prove to us you care. That is all chill out pall wall at least hes trying..i do know 8 ppl i reported and a faction did get ban bc a buddy on the game told me they did he was in that faction..so at least this is a step in the right direction..thanks CJ for the update

lemonhaze
06-10-2013, 02:12 PM
At least provide us with the corrected winners list from Columbia, Ireland, China, Egypt, etc., and prove to us that something is actually being done. Some actions would be great, there have already been too many pointless words. i have all the winners list jsut look for them in the anouncmetn thread
it shows the points and where everone placed

Perilous
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
When do u guys at gree plan to fix the bug that will make the game playable when I visit an ally cuz my game slows to the point of being unplayable. Its getting annoying cuz this has being going on for months and nothing has being done about it.

I don't have that problem have nor heard of many/any people having that problem. It could be resources on your phone/device and not necessarily a problem with gameplay.

brendan_proude
06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
yea well there are other problems you need to fix. for some reason on my phone (iphone) and my friends iphones they can not go to the offshore drilling rig it just keeps loading. or it quits the game. the other thing is the fact that you cant get a confirmation email with an aol email account. this is for the gone rogue missions. and when you do get there you can only see the boats you cant see the officer that you need to attack

mxz
06-10-2013, 08:29 PM
The area where we could have done much better on this is in MESSAGING the uncertainty element of combat to our players. We know that. We've long been brainstorming ways to get that same sort of feeling into combat (the slight uncertainty) in a more integrated way. That potential way also has to not rock the boat too much; there have been a number of times that we have released a change to a game which is positive for the players both in terms of their success in the game and the UI, and it was received very poorly because it was too drastic a departure from the original presentation. If anyone who has read this far has any suggestions on improving the basic combat mechanic to make it more exciting, please feel free to speak up as the opinion is welcome.Pretty simple: show what the actual scores are instead of presenting 12 < 10 as fact.

Wai
06-10-2013, 09:33 PM

That gives me a renewed confidence. I'll give it some more time. I see no issue in replying to a hacker ticket to the effect of:

"Thank you for your recent ticket concerning a potential hacker.

At Gree we always act promptly to these requests and thoroughly investigate them. While we don't encourage frivolous reports, we do welcome genuine concerns. As a result of our investigations no irregularities have been found".

OR "As a result of our investigations irregularities have been found and the account has been permanently closed/suspended pending further enquiries.

Thank you for helping to keep Gree games safe and transparent for all users."

What you might find is that results are reported. Names are NOT given here (ToS) and we all may feel that something is actually being achieved.

Frog11
06-11-2013, 04:13 AM
l have en item which gives me -20% and the faction -10% resultat, l see + 12% on my stat. This is an obvious mistake which is a big handicap during war and boss events. I've contaced the support, naturally no answer. Is it normal or is that l' bad in math?

mrskll
06-11-2013, 05:38 AM
How did any changes really work...we finished 418 in Columbia, and in Madagascar, we were
coming up teams that had DLs 400-900k def...and had finished in the top 50 and top 100...Now how is
that fair! Sometimes every member we were up against was to strong for the majority of our faction! We were able to finish around 288 this time, but shouldnt we be paired up with teams closer to our stats??? THANKS ALOT GREE...YOU KNOW HOW TO RUIN ALL FUN FROM WARS!!

mrskll
06-11-2013, 05:40 AM
We came up against 1 DL whose def. stat was 1.7million....and you dont think he is cheating??!!??

DME
06-11-2013, 06:10 AM
How did any changes really work...we finished 418 in Columbia, and in Madagascar, we were
coming up teams that had DLs 400-900k def...and had finished in the top 50 and top 100...Now how is
that fair! Sometimes every member we were up against was to strong for the majority of our faction! We were able to finish around 288 this time, but shouldnt we be paired up with teams closer to our stats??? THANKS ALOT GREE...YOU KNOW HOW TO RUIN ALL FUN FROM WARS!!

Just because a team finished in X position in the previous war it doesn't mean that's where they will place in the following war or where they are currently placed at that moment in time in the following war.

Tito89
06-11-2013, 06:59 AM
We came up against 1 DL whose def. stat was 1.7million....and you dont think he is cheating??!!??

thats a reasonably good defence for a gold player, of course they would be heavy gold spenders, but not a hacker

Brummied
06-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi I believe they tried this a we all winged about it.. How come my stats are varying so much...
Hows this for an idea, display the 'luck factor' or 'battle factor' random stats along with actual strength stats?
So for example. My att 500,000 my luck factor 1(lowest) loses a battle to a def of 450k with luck factor 10(highest) next hit I win because my luck goes up and his goes down... This way we can all see that we were unlucky that battle BEACAUSE a ship crashed into the docks disabling etc or we had real luck because the sniper spotted a fuel dump and took out the hanger... Yada yada...
Just a thought....

Pretty simple: show what the actual scores are instead of presenting 12 < 10 as fact.

mrskll
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Oh come on...you know how much gold someone would be using to get the def stat of 1.7m???
I buy gold and Im only 200k att/def...so I dont think a 1.7m def stat is merely gold!

And I understand that if we are up against a team that finished 29th last war, does not mean thery are in that current spot now...Im saying...it should be a little bit more fair to match us up better against teams that are around the same stats....It just takes all the fun out of wars!

jimthefifth
06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I appreciate your concern about 1.7 million stats and the match ups- but as a member of a top 10 faction I thought I would make a few points with respect:

1. IF your stats are 200k, and you have been playing for at least 6 months or so you are NOT a gold player.....you may buy some gold...but I assure you the volume of gold purchases at the top levels is stunning. While I could not say whether someone is cheating or not....it would be easy to get to a 1.7million
defense if money was not a concern...so you have to be careful about accusing cheating without obvious examples of impossible units etc.

2. There are going to be some random match ups in every war....but the match up appears to be based on current position and scoring not stat strength...and that makes more sense to me then trying to match up overall strength ...and my guess is with a ton of extremely strong people no longer
buying gold and moving back to playing for free- you are about to see a bunch more teams that are that look like what you have run into...but let me certainly say that the strongest teams don't want to hit your team either- we score
the most points going up against higher leveled opponents....and most of the time teams outside the top 50 or so may not even have a good target at all for a top team

Again this is meant respectfully, but feel that the forum is throwing around "cheating" too often when
someone has spent thousands of dollars and an unbelievable amount of time building their stats because they enjoy the game.

Best of luck to you

JimtheFifth

Team McGurt

Oh come on...you know how much gold someone would be using to get the def stat of 1.7m???
I buy gold and Im only 200k att/def...so I dont think a 1.7m def stat is merely gold!

And I understand that if we are up against a team that finished 29th last war, does not mean thery are in that current spot now...Im saying...it should be a little bit more fair to match us up better against teams that are around the same stats....It just takes all the fun out of wars!

DME
06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Im saying...it should be a little bit more fair to match us up better against teams that are around the same stats....It just takes all the fun out of wars!

Not at all. It makes far more sense to match factions up based on their current ranking in the event.

Philly982
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Not at all. It makes far more sense to match factions up based on their current ranking in the event.

Not only does it make more sense, but it makes things far more interesting to be matched up based upon the current ranking in the event. I think the pride in the rankings far outweighs the actual rewards. It really does not matter what tier you are competing for, but if you were going for top 10 for instance would you not feel more pride about achieving it while competing against other top 10 teams instead of beating up on top 250 teams or below. The same can be said for top 100, top 500, top 4000, etc. What jimthefifth also mentioned above about compiling WD points also applies. This also closes potential loopholes. If it was based upon average faction stats, what would stop a faction leader from ordering a few LLP members to drop their ally count to 0, thus rendering those players with 0 stats. Sure they would end up being punching bags, but since they are low level they would not be giving up many points and the overall effect would be to drop the overall average faction stats considerably. I am sure comparably weaker rival factions would not find that very fun to go against a mostly powerful faction with a couple of zeros thrown in that do not yield many points.

And a 1.7 million defense is more than certainly possible. Just because one does not see how it could be possible, or how they could see someone spending so much on gold to achieve it does not mean that it cannot be done. You may think that spending that much gold would be a waste, but for someone else who has the disposable income and really enjoy their time on this game can. To each his or her own, and I respect that. I may think that a $100,000 a year salary job would be a dream salary, but to others it may be a waste of their time considering what they have already achieved. So comparing one's own situation to what may seem is possible or impossible is like comparing apples to oranges.

Frog11
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
l have one item which gives me -20% health regeneration and the faction -10% resultat, l see + 12% on my stats. This is an obvious mistake which is a big handicap during war and boss events. I've contacted the support, naturally no answer. Is it normal or is that l'm bad in math?

When there is something specific nothing!!! Well l think it is no meaning to come here and to contact the support, they don't give a ...

Good by and continue be useless

Skyser30518
06-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Lol, a lot of the factions we faced, 1.7 mil was not high enough to be a defense leader. They wouldn't even be top 5 in a lot of factions in the top ten.

To reiterate what Jim said, we want to fight other top tens. We actually hold back and save gold on the other teams because it is difficult to get efficient use of our gold.

Opinvu
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you!
Dramatic.... More like rage. Dead bodies flying in the air is dramatic. 12>507 just looks like bad math, or Obama care.

itsshooter
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I have to disagree that the stat fluctuation issue was solved. I know im new to this game but how can my atta differ from 32k to 45k in back to back attacks

brendan_proude
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
for some reason when I send an ticket to support to contact them they never email me back with a reply or a confirmation that they got it. are they supposed to do earthier of those things?

second my game is messed up, I am on the mission 5/30 of gone rogue and for some reason when I try to go to the oil rig the game crashes or it just keeps saying traveling to oil rig and does not go there. I can get into it by traveling to a different map then going to the oil rig but then only the boats show up and the whole map is grass or sand and I can do the boats part but I cant attack the artillery officer because none of the people show up. how can I fix this or what can I do to fix this.

I think this glitch is pretty stupid because now I cant get my unit

ash.dew
06-18-2013, 04:37 AM
I have to disagree that the stat fluctuation issue was solved. I know im new to this game but how can my atta differ from 32k to 45k in back to back attacks

You're right bro! It seems like Gree ha not got potential coders who can actually fix this bug. Everytime they come up with updates stating bug fixes, but actually this bug is taking a TOLL on Gree.

jabbameister63
06-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Little lost here, i just finished attacking a guy 100,000 def lower than my attack and lost 3 times in a row, also attacked a guy namedd Mar Toi who had 2 composite buildings how is that possible, n both case reported to gree with no response. Just saying

Tyler92496
06-18-2013, 08:44 AM
So I'm in a faction and had a cool base and I was ranked in the top 1000 in the tournaments and built the tetra outpost.. and now all of a sudden when I try to play the app it just sits on the modern war screen and the wheel just spins over and over...I need to play to help my faction but after 2 days its not letting me past the home screen

Supersonic04
06-18-2013, 07:29 PM
So I'm in a faction and had a cool base and I was ranked in the top 1000 in the tournaments and built the tetra outpost.. and now all of a sudden when I try to play the app it just sits on the modern war screen and the wheel just spins over and over...I need to play to help my faction but after 2 days its not letting me past the home screen

It sounds to me like you were banned...

ABcostumer
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Redh
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM
I and the members of the Modern War team hope that this post will be the start of better communication and greater transparency on decisions and issue resolution between ourselves and our players. We cannot always make requested changes, and the changes that we can make may take time, but we deeply care about your experience playing the game. Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Nice words. Now some action please - reply to your support tickets in a timely manner.

carl9764
06-26-2013, 03:51 AM
Thank you CJ

I hope my stats go back up now

digital717
06-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I wish I was able to get a reply or anything on getting my account back. It has been over a week and I have heard nothing at all from gree. I broke my phone and sent them all the info to get the account back. Very very very frustrating.

Hello all,

Rowdydowdy
06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Hello all,

Here we are almost a month later and yet no communication about all the issues being posted on the forum. The issues of players losing to others with lower defense is still occurring, numerous hackers have been spotted this war as they have crawled from their holes after being overlooked or missed. Players not able to access their games,gold purchases not making it to accounts.The only thing consistent and transparent about his whole thing is how bad Gree sucks.

Rade
06-30-2013, 10:56 PM
With how much money Gree is making from this game, you would think they would be able to get onto the issues and fix them. I am happy about the new events and Faction PvP and that is the kind of stuff I woud like to see along with other improvements and.

N41LZ
07-02-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm sure this was raised already, but this whole issue with seeing rival atk/def stats is now in CC.
You mentioned here that the old system was brought back cuz nobody liked the changes.

Now you make the same changes in CC? Which incidently people don't like...

People think it's a bug yet here you say it's a new way to make things more "exciting".
I'm confused as to what it is anymore but what I'm NOT confused about is that nobody likes it in CC

Johnson_Jr
07-02-2013, 06:30 AM
One month later, few "update" downloaded and it seems to me that we're back. Same fluctuations as before. My stats show me at 309k att. but when i attack a rival its between 230 and 280k.... so why show us the wrong numbers? At least i would like to see my minimum and then i can be "excited" by trying to see where they can be at maximum???!!! All the game is based on our stats so If we can't trust them, they became useless.........

the game is good and addictive thats why we're demanding.

Regards
Johnson

Wai
07-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I guess the basic principal is this: If you pay/work for something, you expect it to work all the time.

If you pay/work for XXX stats then you expect it to beat stats lower every time, not most of the time or some of the time.

If you buy a Corvette you expect it to operate like one and not get beaten over the 1/4 mile by a Fiat 850.

Maynard
07-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Among the other issues everyone else has, my boost units and valor units have disappeared from my game. I am able to play, but even allies and rival stats show way lower than I know they are. I can't purchase valor units because they are not in my menus. Even the pictures of the units when I attack someone don't show up.

Happened at the data push last week.

Johnson_Jr
07-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Among the other issues everyone else has, my boost units and valor units have disappeared from my game. I am able to play, but even allies and rival stats show way lower than I know they are. I can't purchase valor units because they are not in my menus. Even the pictures of the units when I attack someone don't show up.

Happened at the data push last week.

hi Maynard,
It was the same for me. i send some tickets but no reply. Then i deleted the game for the third time and then my stats go back to normal and i was able to see my opponents units, the rewards for wd events, etc...
Good luck with this because its very frustrating.

hunter 26
07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
My attack just dropped 110k, my def dropped 180k, my allies dropped to 48, what is going on? I scoured my base, not one of my boost buildings are damaged. I have spent $1200/war for gold, to support your game. I want my Attack and defense restored immediately, or I am done with this game. I will not sit and add allies, I did that as I started out, this is your issue to fix not mine. I expect this to be resolved in 48 hours, but with interest, as I am losing more by not being able to battle!

Doctor F
07-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi, I'd like to know what is being done to address the hacker issue? Are you making any progress on that front? Will you publish the names of the people hacking and the factions that harbor them? Right now you turn in an obvious hacker and you only get a the matter has been looked at response. Whether anything happens or not Gree is the only one that knows. I really don't expect any response from Gree on this...

Gennxxx
07-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Gree doesn't care! They do care about is thee full pockets and they defiantly don't care about the employees that work for them. They would rather do lay odds than take care of the people that work hard for them

mickymacirl
07-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Gree have been working hard in the last few weeks to patch all the holes. Hats off!

Highesy
07-05-2013, 03:20 AM

Spot on, the game is no longer fun. Without my antes in faction I would've deleted this game long ago!! Also with the new Glitch being all the allies have dropped off it makes this game hard to stay with. My Allies have gone from 700 to 63 and my stats have dropped 200kad, think it might be time to move on.

Highesy
07-05-2013, 03:24 AM
I wish I was able to get a reply or anything on getting my account back. It has been over a week and I have heard nothing at all from gree. I broke my phone and sent them all the info to get the account back. Very very very frustrating.
Hi There, I feel your pain!!! It took mine 9 days to be re instated after losing my device!! Once they contacted me it was done BUT 9 days PLEASE!!!
Hope yours gets fixed quicker than mine!!

Highesy
07-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Hello all,

CJ, how is it that my allies go from 700 to 63 and my Stats have dropped 200kad. This is just another glitch that makes it hard to stick with this game. Week after week things like this happen!!

Highesy
07-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Hi There everyone, who has lost all their allies and Stats with it!!!! Just another GLEEITCH, there seem to be more reasons not to play than play these days!!

Dcarrington
07-05-2013, 04:11 AM
CJ, I need some help I have filed several tickets over the last few months and I have never got any results heres the ticket #'s 707257, 714662, 711920, 687959, 706538, and 622884. I have also ask the same question here in the forum but with no luck. I would like to swap my account over to a new iPad but I can't remember my password can it be reset or what is the best way to handle this matter? You would think someone would look into these tickets I'm paying some interns salary playing this game! I would like to know that when I email support they actually look at these emails and I'm not getting a automated reply every time!

Thanks in advance for your help on this CJ

shaggy4344
07-09-2013, 12:59 AM
how many replies to post