PDA

View Full Version : New Character Limitation on Syndicate Forum Posts

E-Train
06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is now a character limitation on syndicate forum posts? Meaning, if you try to post something that is too long, it will not go through. This is very inconvenient, as I usually post a list at the end of every day with all of our member's donation amounts, which I keep on a spreadsheet (this would not be an issue if Crime City had a donation log like MW does.) In any case, I am not sure how many characters the posts are now limited to, but hopefully it is a bug that is going to be fixed? The error I am getting says "Server Error - Updating Syndicate data." Anyone else seen this? It just started today. CJ / Gree, do you know if/when this will be fixed??

Idiosyncrasy
06-05-2013, 11:30 PM
I noticed this yesterday. I was offering advice to a new member in our syndicate and I had originally typed my post in Notes. I had to paste it in 5 separate segments to get it to go through. A little annoying, and it discouraged me from wanting to make thorough posts.

Legen...dary
06-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Post a pic of your spreadsheet to an imgur album. Just post the link to the forums. ...problem solved.
Get your Syn into LINE chat and just post the spreadsheet now and again.
I'll pm you an example if you want. It works really well both ways and I've never had a complaint.

(yes, it crashed CC on bluestacks last night when I wrote out a longish message on the Syn Forum... it stinks)