PDA

View Full Version : A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones.

Flixern
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello! As the topic says: A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones.

I'm guessing you all have read the book series called A Song of Ice and Fire? Best book collection EVER. Also the most expensive TV show made :)

So, what you guys think about the books? What about the TV show? And lastly, what about the last episode (02.06.13)??? Discuss!
d8-D

*WARNING*May contain Spoilers*WARNING*

Flixern
06-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok ok, ill start then. ;)

I have read all the books, I love the whole concept, and I still ripped my hair off when I watched the last episode! God damn, you should have thought I was prepared for this! :( But I don't get why the wife to Robb Stark got pregnant. Can't remember that she got pregnant at the end in the books?
d8-)

The Wise One
06-06-2013, 05:26 PM
I will stay away from this thread :P

I've only watched the shows and spoilers scare me!

Tinmad
06-14-2013, 02:48 AM
I love both the show and the books. :D
I love that neither completely pushes you as to which character or house you should be rooting for. I'm a bit team Lannister, a bit team Stark... not a fan of the Greyjoys.

I enjoyed the last two episodes... I think they got Talisa pregnant and killed her to make the wedding even more horrifying than in the books... I mean in the books Jeyne was the wife and as far as I recall she was not pregnant and didn't die.
Expected something different for the final scene of the season... something a bit stoney. Hopefully they will include that next season. *Fingers crossed*

Also, I have posted this in the recruitment section but if anyone is looking for a guild, I am a member of a Game of Thrones guild. Send me your friend code if interested. Hate to post that here but well, it is related.

migranten
06-28-2013, 07:29 PM
The third season is based on the first half of the novel A Storm of Swords. Benioff had previously said that A Storm of Swords would need to be adapted in two seasons on account of its length. Benioff and Weiss also noted that they thought of Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD as an adaptation of the novel series as a whole, rather than of individual books, which gave them the liberty to move scenes back and forth across books according to the requirements of the screen adaptation. A part of me hoped they'd break with the books and just have Tyrion leap from the table and stick his dinner knife right into Joffrey's eye. The look on Tywin's face would have been worth it.

Azraelthevengeful
07-02-2013, 09:16 AM
I like the Game of Thrones books, and the show, but i wouldn't call it the best book collection ever. I wouldn't even call it the best fantasy series ever.

For me the Malazan books are better. But it'll never be made into a series because of the costs. It would be more expensive than Game of Thrones to make

yeheboxse
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
The cast is amazing, but then, was there any doubt? Who does not love the irrepressible Tyrion, (Peter Dinklage)? He's accused of many things he hasn't done, but doesn't get the credit for the good things he has done, yet he always seems to take it in stride. Close on his heels is Jamie, (wonderfully played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). Next to Tyrion, he's got some of the best one liners, "Where did you find that massive beast?" (referring to Brianne (loved that!). Bronn (Jerome Flynn), is great as Tyrion's muscle.

Contributoer
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I have read the books and watched the shows and I have to say that I love both! The books are excellent because of the great detail and character development. The show takes the books and makes them into small movies each week! The third season of Game of Thrones mirrors the third book in the series. However this season only covers approximately half of the 3rd book. For the book readers this is up to the "Red Wedding", I do not want to say anything more to spoil any of the story!

The actors in this show really stay pretty close to those in the book, I am really impressed with the casting! I personally cannot wait to get this and see all the extra features that will be included!

Ellie85
07-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I love the tv series and I have heard about the books my brother has read them all and says they are great I have been really really wanting to read them. Now I am going to have to read them from what everyone is saying about them! :)

krazykilla
07-26-2013, 07:46 AM
i hate that show

cryologic
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I hate that i love it so much! The last episode was epic, and the next season will just bring more EPIC!

Doubles
09-01-2013, 02:42 AM
I will stay away from this thread :P

I've only watched the shows and spoilers scare me!

And share with us all of the adventure after he's read them all!

BW Rhaegar
09-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Just a few more years until John finds out he is my son and heir to the throne. ;)

Dragon89
09-14-2013, 11:28 AM
When is the next season coming, end of this year or sadly next?
thanks

McRay
09-17-2013, 07:18 PM
When is the next season coming, end of this year or sadly next?
thanks

March 2014 I believe.

Excruciating wait.

Rhor.
09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I hadn't read this latest book, therefore I'd been getting warned of the "twist" ending for as long as I can
remember and that wedding still left my jaw on the floor

Spetsnaz
09-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Hello! As the topic says: A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones.

I'm guessing you all have read the book series called A Song of Ice and Fire? Best book collection EVER. Also the most expensive TV show made :)

So, what you guys think about the books? What about the TV show? And lastly, what about the last episode (02.06.13)??? Discuss!
d8-D

*WARNING*May contain Spoilers*WARNING*

I don't know about "best book collection EVER". Who hear has read The Wheel of Time??? Now this is the best book collection EVER.

Don't get me wrong. This is a great series and George R. R. Martin is amazing. I love the fact that it is not impossible for a main character to die.

DS Bonehead
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I've never seen it

SYN_Marek
12-24-2013, 02:38 AM
All my favorite characters died so far lol

NightFallGM
12-31-2013, 05:31 PM
I love the TV show and cant wait for next season