PDA

View Full Version : What does the Defence Building Defence faction bonus do?

NaRciS
06-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Sorry have looked and search the forum but I cant find an answer...

I know it adds 5% more defence from buildings..

Does this mean 5% more defence from the buildings in the range of your current defence buildings.... lol confusing!

Does this really generate any extra stats, we have 4/6 at the moment wondered if it was worth banging it out as its quite cheap to buy the 5/6 and probably 6/6.

Hope this makes sense!

cheers

Philly982
06-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I am not sure about this, so take it for what it is, but defensive buildings do add to your overall defensive stats, but only by their defensive number associated with the defensive building which is not much. So the percentage increase could add marginal defensive stats at best. What it really might help with is that money buildings each have a defensive component built into them. Therefore the building bonus could help boost the money buildings defensive component along with any defensive buildings within range against raids from rivals. It is just my theory and I have no facts to back it up. Perhaps someone else can either confirm or deny.

Hub_Master_General
06-05-2013, 10:49 AM
As I understand it, it increases each or your Defensive Building's defense stat, ex. Rail Gun has a Defense of 75, a 50% bonus will mean the actual value is 112.5. I don't think the building defense value is handled the same as the unit defense value. If so, then there is almost no point in having any defensive building. Maybe CJ can shed some light on this? HMG

Miner
06-05-2013, 12:59 PM
If you look at your defensive buildings by tapping on them, it will show you how much defense the building at that level is typically worth.

Now tap, "UPGRADE". (assuming no other buildings are upgrading)

You'll see the "Current Defense" number is actually higher than the number you saw on the first screen. That's the boosted number from any faction boosts or unit boosts that provide additional defense to buildings. When you are attacked, all your defensive buildings "go to battle" so to speak. In other words, you get the full value of the buildings added the total boosted defensive stat of your army. If you're raided, it's a different story. That's when the blue halo comes in to play.

Sorry if you already knew all that, but just hoping it is helpful in actually seeing the effect of the boost in action.

I know the game files had a defense stat for money and unit buildings. I can't confirm how or if the more defense from buildings boost applies to those buildings.

NaRciS
06-05-2013, 02:18 PM
If you look at your defensive buildings by tapping on them, it will show you how much defense the building at that level is typically worth.

Now tap, "UPGRADE". (assuming no other buildings are upgrading)

You'll see the "Current Defense" number is actually higher than the number you saw on the first screen. That's the boosted number from any faction boosts or unit boosts that provide additional defense to buildings. When you are attacked, all your defensive buildings "go to battle" so to speak. In other words, you get the full value of the buildings added the total boosted defensive stat of your army. If you're raided, it's a different story. That's when the blue halo comes in to play.

Sorry if you already knew all that, but just hoping it is helpful in actually seeing the effect of the boost in action.

I know the game files had a defense stat for money and unit buildings. I can't confirm how or if the more defense from buildings boost applies to those buildings.

Perfect, I had some idea of how it worked but you have confirmed and adding some info i didn't know.

Appreciate you taken the time out to answer!

Thanks buddy :)