PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate Event strategy spreadsheet

zwiswoo
06-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi all,

I made a spreadsheet to estimate for a syndicate how much gold it would take to reach a particular rank in a battle event, and what stats its members would gain. [Look in the README sheet for more details]

You might find it useful to play around with. It's pretty new, so there are probably bugs here and there. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Link->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtoHg2t__YaPdDRTazNJZmVxNUhXN2g0Zkt3YmhzM UE#gid=9

Lurker
06-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Ok, this is an excellent start. Excellent estimation tool though I wonder what assumptions you've made re planning and participation in coming up with the gold predictors.

Great effort in any case.

Hi all,

I made a spreadsheet to estimate for a syndicate how much gold it would take to reach a particular rank in a battle event, and what stats its members would gain. [Look in the README sheet for more details]

You might find it useful to play around with. It's pretty new, so there are probably bugs here and there. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Link->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtoHg2t__YaPdDRTazNJZmVxNUhXN2g0Zkt3YmhzM UE#gid=9

zwiswoo
06-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Ok, this is an excellent start. Excellent estimation tool though I wonder what assumptions you've made re planning and participation in coming up with the gold predictors.

Great effort in any case.

So you can essentially use the spreadsheet in two "modes."
In "average" mode:
- it averages the points needed to place at a cutoff rank across all the events so far.
- For free points, I decided to bypass all the really tricky stuff and just took what 'No Gold Forever' gets (the highest free syndicate I know of) as a competitive benchmark.

In "prediction mode" you set the rules.
- You enter what you expect the rank cutoffs will be.
- ...and how much you think your group can get without gold :)

It would be interesting to create a worksheet that estimates free points, based on factors like how many members participate per battle, or number of free hits they get in, number of battles across the three day period, average strength of opponents (this matters re wall/DL hits for example) and so on. But I figure each group already has a decent idea how much they pull for free. Or should have anyway, unless they really have no idea how much they spend...

Edit: the other thing I should say is I assume each group member spends the same in coming up with the gold spent per member figure. I don't know what else I *could* assume tbh. How much this holds is clearly going to be quite dependent on the group!

GravyTrain
06-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Thank you for this I will share with my team!

Senator McCarthy
06-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Thanks for sharing Zwiswoo

SpeakTheTruth
06-05-2013, 10:39 AM
The truth is coming

Randolph
06-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, and all the work you put into making this. Much respect :-)

Lurker
06-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Bump thread

Rastas
06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
The truth is coming

Spartacus is that you?

(CCK) Cam
06-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Bump!.......

CohibAA
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice spreadsheet and good idea, thank you for the effort.