PDA

View Full Version : Support is almost non-existant...

DIrishB
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
So while the game itself has a number of issues regarding support and fixes in the game, the forum seems even worse off.

A bit of background:

I was a regular poster here on the boards since I began playing over a year ago. I loved interacting with the members, getting info about the game and current LTQs, etc.

I don't have a computer at home, so always logged on and posted using my iPhone. However, about 4 months ago, I tried logging on and was unable to because my "IP address had been banned". I found this strange, as my account itself is still active, and I've never done anything against the rules to earn a ban of any kind. So I emailed the forum administrator as indicated in the IP ban message. I did this over a dozen times in the first few months itself without a single response or reason given as to why I couldn't log onto the forums using my phone's internet browser.

So, I stopped by my parent's house a couple months back, and sat down to use their PC to log in with no problems. Since I was being continually ignored by the admin through the link in the IP ban message, I sent CJ a private message hoping I'd get a response.

No luck. Not a response of any kind.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I'm blown away by the unprofessionalism of ignoring continued emails from a forum member who's done nothing to deserve this ban, and the complete lack of response or concern by the powers that be.

So now I'm left posting this message. I don't like airing "dirty laundry" in public, but since the admin's and CJ won't respond to private emails/messages, I'm really left with no other choice but to hope this catches their attention.

If an admin or CJ reads this, please contact me at dirishbdo at g m a i l.com and explain why my IP (from my phone) was banned, and if its just a simple mistake please rectify it. I've spent plenty of money on this game and feel I at the least deserve unrestricted access to the forums, whose information and discussions contribute a lot to my gameplay, but which I'm forced to go without because of this senseless IP ban.

I'm not a computer whiz so maybe a fellow member could explain it. All I know is I've done nothing wrong and deserve an explanation.

SpikedPunchVictim
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
It's most likely an error on their end. Also, you might want to "encrypt" your email address a little better in your forum posts. There are bots that scour the internet looking for email addresses in forum posts.

An example: dirishbdo 'at' g m a i l

DIrishB
06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
It's most likely an error on their end. Also, you might want to "encrypt" your email address a little better in your forum posts. There are bots that scour the internet looking for email addresses in forum posts.

An example: dirishbdo 'at' g m a i l

Thanks for the reply and advice, I'll definitely do so. Appreciate it.

And I figure its an error on their part, which I can understand. The continuous ignored emails/message over a four month period is what I'm having trouble understanding. Its ridiculous. I realize they're busy with bugs and other issues, but this doesn't seem like its something that should be difficult to rectify. Again I'm not a computer genius so perhaps I'm wrong, but I honestly doubt it. Seems like an obvious issue of "We just don't care, its your problem."

I've stopped spending money on gems in part due to this, so they've lost a customer as long as I can't post using my phone. Probably means little to them, I realize, but not much else I can do to voice my disapproval.

Sim
06-05-2013, 12:20 AM
It's not that. All mobile IP address appear to be banned. If you're on 2g/3g/4g the IP is most likely banned. Each mobile network has so many IP address, all mobile user share these.

DragCro
06-05-2013, 02:08 AM
So while the game itself has a number of issues regarding support and fixes in the game, the forum seems even worse off.

A bit of background:

I was a regular poster here on the boards since I began playing over a year ago. I loved interacting with the members, getting info about the game and current LTQs, etc.

I don't have a computer at home, so always logged on and posted using my iPhone. However, about 4 months ago, I tried logging on and was unable to because my "IP address had been banned". I found this strange, as my account itself is still active, and I've never done anything against the rules to earn a ban of any kind. So I emailed the forum administrator as indicated in the IP ban message. I did this over a dozen times in the first few months itself without a single response or reason given as to why I couldn't log onto the forums using my phone's internet browser.

So, I stopped by my parent's house a couple months back, and sat down to use their PC to log in with no problems. Since I was being continually ignored by the admin through the link in the IP ban message, I sent CJ a private message hoping I'd get a response.

No luck. Not a response of any kind.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I'm blown away by the unprofessionalism of ignoring continued emails from a forum member who's done nothing to deserve this ban, and the complete lack of response or concern by the powers that be.

So now I'm left posting this message. I don't like airing "dirty laundry" in public, but since the admin's and CJ won't respond to private emails/messages, I'm really left with no other choice but to hope this catches their attention.

If an admin or CJ reads this, please contact me at dirishbdo at g m a i l.com and explain why my IP (from my phone) was banned, and if its just a simple mistake please rectify it. I've spent plenty of money on this game and feel I at the least deserve unrestricted access to the forums, whose information and discussions contribute a lot to my gameplay, but which I'm forced to go without because of this senseless IP ban.

I'm not a computer whiz so maybe a fellow member could explain it. All I know is I've done nothing wrong and deserve an explanation.Hope Gree fix this for you fast..Don't get upset maybe is just an error..

Johan -
06-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Hope Gree fix this for you fast..Don't get upset maybe is just an error..

After 4 months, I think it's time to be upset. (or just forget about the game.)
It's really sad, that the GREE support don't take the proper actions, at least a simple reply is on it's place..

pendentive
06-05-2013, 07:20 AM
As a former owner/moderator of several online forums I can tell you that banning a single IP address sometimes results in wiping out an entire area. We had to find "creative ways" to let people back in, yet keep those we banned from returning.

Let's hope that is the case here (and very likely, indeed).

sls
06-05-2013, 08:46 AM
It's not that. All mobile IP address appear to be banned. If you're on 2g/3g/4g the IP is most likely banned. Each mobile network has so many IP address, all mobile user share these.

My 3G access isn't banned.

danny fishcharge
06-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Help please.... If any gree employees read this please action - not a happy bunny!!!
I am still waiting for a reply from an email i sent on 3rd april
1. the email was split into 3 because i omitted details - ticket numbers 495226, 495281, 495368 for which i apologised. on the 12th april i received the standard automated reply - 'we apologise for the delay... if you are still experiencing problems...etc.'
2. i replied on 14th april under ticket number 495368 - bringing together all the information from the 3 emails combined. to this email i received no reply whatsoever
3. as i had still not received a reply, i sent another email on 23rd april again under ticket number - 495368 - once again no reply
4. i sent another email on 29th april, once again under ticket number 495368, to this i did receive an automated reply under ticket number 549338
5. i then went on holiday for a fortnight and guess what..... still no reply, so i have emailed them again on 28th may, which once more i have received an automated reply, this time giving me ticket number 615098

any suggestions what i can do? i am really not happy with the lack of customer support. to date i have not received any reply other than automated replies. i will not give up and i will not go away, quite frankly the support (or lack of) is pathetic!

Mickeytah
06-05-2013, 10:48 AM
I had this issue as well. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data. Try rebooting your phone if that still doesn't work.

SOG Will
06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
I had this issue as well. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data. Try rebooting your phone if that still doesn't work.

Thanks for this fix. I've had the same problem. No response from multiple e-mails to admin or to a pm sent to CJ. It's a good thing we have people here that are very helpful.

Sir Chief
06-06-2013, 06:17 AM
There's an issue that we are experiencing right now,I was the previous leader of our guild.but due to personal reasons I have to transfer the leadership to one of my officers.the problem right now is he got issues with his iPhone,it got lost.now our members are getting restless if we will be able to get our upgrade.but officers have limited access for the upgrades.
Will it be possible for me to get back the leadership again?
For the way I understand ( I'm not computer literate ) my unit device id (as leader) is still recorded in your servers if its still possible to get back the leader status.

Have already contacted support but still no action.i understand that gree have to much on hand but I hope that gree can resolve our guild problem.

Sir Chief
06-06-2013, 06:21 AM
There's an issue that we are experiencing right now,I was the previous leader of our guild.but due to personal reasons I have to transfer the leadership to one of my officers.the problem right now is he got issues with his iPhone,it got lost.now our members are getting restless if we will be able to get our upgrade.but officers have limited access for the upgrades.
Will it be possible for me to get back the leadership again? For the way I understand ( I'm not computer literate ) my unit device id (as leader) is still recorded in your servers if its still possible to get back the leader status.

Have already contacted support but still no action.i understand that gree have to much on hand but I hope that gree can resolve our guild problem.
TICKET ID#628618

Rohen
06-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Don't feel too bad about your issues. I've been waiting two weeks for GREE to get to my support ticket concerning a botched transfer of accounts, which locked me out of my game. Yes, that's right, two weeks. As in the night before the last guild war. Yes, that means I missed the entire war, got booted from my guild, and missed one or two more events in the meantime, all because of the extreme ineptitude of GREE's support staff. Also, my tickets keep getting marked as Solved when they clearly are not solved. They should be ashamed of themselves.

The thing that really gets me is that I've paid into this company. Sure, I'm no $5k a month, but I'm definitely about a grand down overall, and they still just don't care at all. It's pretty pathetic that a company which claims to have things together as much as GREE does continues to pull this kind of crap.

EDIT 6/7/13 -- tickets finally answered, back in game. Now to find a guild that wants someone with 707k attack/697k defense, in the event my old guild won't have me back :(

DIrishB
06-09-2013, 02:56 AM
So now I'm able to post again from my phone. Just wanted to thank support for finally ironing out this issue. Much appreciated.

I didn't realize other mobile users had their IPs banned. Again, its been months since I've been able to regularly view or post on the forums. Now that that's rectified I'll be back to being a regular poster so I'll be up on the KA news. And now I can start spending on gems again in good conscious.

Oh trust me I'd tried every trick under the sun. I'd cleared/deleted cookies, browsing history, etc, rebooted, nothing worked. It seemed to be something on Gree's end, which apparently they've fixed and for which I'm very grateful. Thanks again to whichever Gree tech or mod that fixed this for me, it is very much appreciated.