PDA

View Full Version : What's the Point?

StoryTimeSteve
06-03-2013, 08:59 PM
To everyone I ask:
Why do we place so much emphasis in WD Events? Why do we spend more gold on WD events than all other events combined? Why do we care so much about FICTIONS?

Give me reasons and I will counter with my argument. All are free to respond; please let's keep this constructive and for goodness' sake, no trolling.

BurnNotice69
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best? We all know PUN spends thousands of dollars to be #1 and Ferr's Emperors do their best to beat them, but always wind up #2, so that leaves us all to wonder how we match up against everyone else?

It's also the only time when we, as a faction, really get together as a team and work together as a team. You can't do PvPs or LTQs as a team, but you can in a WD event.

quagmir
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I prefer non fiction myself but I don't spend more in WD then I do in all other WD's combined.... well maybe this time since I didn't spend any gold on the POS LTQ. I spend what is need to help my faction hit its goal.

Annonymous
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey fellow banned member. We took WDP events super serious. The thought process started changing around the time of Ireland and China when we saw the amount of money spent go up to maintain our top 100 status. Columbia's craptacular bonuses made it easy for us to decide to keep our wallets in check. Then, the events of last week made the decision easy: play gold free. What are we left with? Teamwork, attendance, dedication, sacrifice, etc. Personally, I think it is making it fun again for me and less of a job. There is a core group of us that have been together since before Brazil. Talk with them everyday. That is why I continue. Not for avatars. Not for rewards. Not for bonuses. Not for IPH. Definitely not for gold. For them. I know nothing is definite, but that's how I'm living it now.

PS. That being said,I still expect the game makers to come through with their bonuses, rewards, police for hackers, communicate, etc. This has definitely gone downhill. Still left with teammates as the reason to stick with it.

I'm gonna copy you now. This is is Bigus and I approve this message.

StoryTimeSteve
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

"There is a core group of us that have been together since before Brazil. Talk with them everyday. That is why I continue. Not for avatars. Not for rewards. Not for bonuses. Not for IPH. Definitely not for gold. For them. I know nothing is definite, but that's how I'm living it now"

mxz
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Stat inflation.

Thlinks
06-03-2013, 09:55 PM
You remember when you joined your fiction right? Money comes and goes, but friends last forever.. You heard this right? Well you never know what opportunities knock at the door.. We can only speculate what part of our self conscious enters through that door. probably day dreaming and not paying attention to the car getting repoed.. But like I said money is money, and just takes time to accumulate more if one is willing. Maybe you meet a heart doctor, that will save you from a recent heart attack? Never know what lies in the folds of society. Or what lies we know to be true but ignore for our own selfish reasons.. What ever your intentions are, are yours and yours alone.

coachsmart
06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
To everyone I ask:
Why do we place so much emphasis in WD Events? Why do we spend more gold on WD events than all other events combined?

Why is there a scoreboard at Yankee Stadium?

Wai
06-03-2013, 10:41 PM
It was fun. Now it's a chore.

I now restrict it two once every second war. (roughly once a month like we have all asked for).

The only difference for me is that I have now taken control of the war schedule and that is very liberating. Try it.

Archer59
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
"Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best?"

Ok....I'm not in a good mood so take this with a grain of salt.....what a ******* silly thing to say. The upper level factions do not determine "who is the best", they only determine who is willing to spend MORE MONEY!

There are more legitimate matching of wits occurring at the Top 250 levels and below than in all the the levels above them. These factions do not BUY success, they earn it!

You want proof....lets see the Top 100 spend only....lets say $10.00 per person the entire three day event and see where they end-up.

I'm thinking that will never happen though.....can't give up that prestigious position they've spent...errr...worked so hard for.

Ok...I feel better now...lol.

quagmir
06-04-2013, 12:00 AM
"Because no other event places factions in rank like the WD event does. In other words, who really is the best?"

Ok....I'm not in a good mood so take this with a grain of salt.....what a ******* silly thing to say. The upper level factions do not determine "who is the best", they only determine who is willing to spend MORE MONEY!

There are more legitimate matching of wits occurring at the Top 250 levels and below than in all the the levels above them. These factions do not BUY success, they earn it!

You want proof....lets see the Top 100 spend only....lets say $10.00 per person the entire three day event and see where they end-up.

I'm thinking that will never happen though.....can't give up that prestigious position they've spent...errr...worked so hard for.

Really? this is a strategy game now? making the same names, same alliance # or different, sending scouts, low players hitting the wall. This is a battle of wits? only if you bring something new to the table. same names worked great for a wd or 2, same alliance numbers, same. It is recycled tactics at best.

Tito89
06-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Really? this is a strategy game now? making the same names, same alliance # or different, sending scouts, low players hitting the wall. This is a battle of wits? only if you bring something new to the table. same names worked great for a wd or 2, same alliance numbers, same. It is recycled tactics at best.

its called following a winning formula, or the other winning formula is join pun

quagmir
06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Haha - we had a guy who was nothing before all the WD events - now he has all the top bonus's, and either hacked or bought (yeah, right) his way to the top, and left. Good Riddance, Hackass.

7 posts and you have managed to call all of one faction hackers cause they spend money and now another person. It really isn't hard to buy 2 unit LE's and gain a lot of stats.

Topic
06-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Its up to everyone to decide if they choose to spend. It was very clever of Gree to set up fractions as there is no doubt strong online friendships are pushing up spending. As for me I woke up two battles ago and worked out this game has nothing to do with strategy or skill. Its purely about who has the most money to burn (Unless you're one of the growing army of hackers now infesting the system and undermining confidence). I made my decision and wont spend another dime. In the end grown people are spending a fortune on a bunch of pictures with numbers!! Madness!!!.

The game is additive and it took me a while to realise what an idiot I had been. Nothing personal against anyone else its a personal choice but I for one am glad to be free of it.

Archer59
06-04-2013, 05:18 AM

Totally agree with you....it is more a game of planning and participation. The teams that are organized (tactics and strategy fall into this category) and committed will do well. While the strategy part is limited, it is still there. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that the top teams, while I believe are organized and very committed, simply buy their way to the top. I do not have an issue with that at all. I DO HAVE an issue with someone calling them the "best" for just spending more money than anyone else.

TW Turtle55555
06-04-2013, 05:50 AM
The reason from my point of view is it adds a different element to the game. Most of the time you develop your own base, you raid by yourself, you attack by yourself, you level yourself up etc etc. During the WD events it's team based success. The added element of a team is why the WD event for me is taken so serious.

I am a cow
06-04-2013, 05:53 AM
To everyone I ask:
Why do we place so much emphasis in WD Events? Why do we spend more gold on WD events than all other events combined? Why do we care so much about FICTIONS?

Give me reasons and I will counter with my argument. All are free to respond; please let's keep this constructive and for goodness' sake, no trolling.

because we are really smart people

Zedsdead
06-04-2013, 06:15 AM
I used to want to get as many as those cool prizes as possible. The LTQs cooled that desire off. Now the WD events are a pain in the rear. Way too time consuming.

StoryTimeSteve
06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
you saved me having to reply. you read my mind Archer

bravo for those who use their brains!!

Topic
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Join the number one winning faction ....... GREE .... Wins every event!

glitters
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Agreed. "Recycled tactics" is the perfect description. This isn't a strategy game. This game is like playing chess against a machine that makes the same moves every match. No. It's less than chess. It's more like Minesweeper with the exact same grid every game. Figure it out once and you're all set.

Max Power
06-04-2013, 10:37 AM
As for value of prizes per real dollar spent, the WD events are the worst value in the game. That doesn't stop people from spending though, because the nature of the WD events is direct competition. Humans are hard wired to be competative, "how can we get into the top 500, gunning for the top 100, etc etc" that they end up spending money on goals that they set for themselves that are essentially meaningless.

My faction does this too. "We gotta get top 100, we are so close, etc." Really? Is that one extra trinket worth a BMW payment every month? Are you guys really this stupid?

Riptide
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
choices: that is how life is run. you can choose to buy gold and get #1 or you can choose to lie back and enjoy life.

ProCision
06-04-2013, 12:45 PM
choices: that is how life is run. you can choose to buy gold and get #1 or you can choose to lie back and enjoy life.

be glad you have a choice, if I could choose for you, you would have two broken hands so you couldn't post more garbage.

PlRATE JUSTlCE
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I must confess to all my minions. I am a hacker. Do what you must with me.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/PirateJustice24/DSC_0580_zps249c9d95.jpeg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/PirateJustice24/media/DSC_0580_zps249c9d95.jpeg.html)

To everyone I ask:

Gritix
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I must confess to all my minions. I am a hacker. Do what you must with me.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/PirateJustice24/DSC_0580_zps249c9d95.jpeg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/PirateJustice24/media/DSC_0580_zps249c9d95.jpeg.html)
Hahaha you freaking loser!!

PlRATE JUSTlCE
06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Hahaha you freaking loser!!

You should pay a little more attention before you act out. Looks can be deceiving.

bigman
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
You should pay a little more attention before you act out. Looks can be deceiving.
He looks like a hard worker not a loser

Golgo14
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
No not really, but damn this game. It has stolen much time and resources away from my real life obligations. I ignored my family and lost sleep so I could press attack on my phone.. How sad.., It seems to me that nearly everyone that plays MW becomes bitter and jaded. Whether its the hackers, PUN, the guy 50 levels above you raiding your base or GREE themselves.. this game teaches us how to hate and become selfish. Worst off many get addicted to those feelings and become vengeful and vindictive. I too am guilty.

This game has cost me a lot more than my original limit... I could have an iPad for each month of the year.. Instead I traded that in for my shiny "central fleet command" (my rivals do use 3 less allies though - score!) and other pixelated toys that I can not use outside of my phone.

This game is not an investment but merely serves as entertainment.. Everyone comes from different socioeconomical backgrounds so no one can tell anyone else how to spend.. Responsibility to yourself is the key.

This game is that bad abusive relationship that you just can't end. The guilt of breaking up is difficult - too much time and money has been spent to just walk away... It's a shame that I can't quit either.. But I can be more responsible and accountable for everything that I do. Take a step back and feel good again - enjoy life and the little things for what they are.. Keep it fun - that was always the original intention.

"I'm talking to the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways... Make that change.."

MADCAT
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
an ipad a month?

thats nothing, hell I could have an extra 30,000 rounds of AR/AK ammo

ohh wait, seems I have some extra cash now

hmmmm.....................

No not really, but damn this game. It has stolen much time and resources away from my real life obligations. I ignored my family and lost sleep so I could press attack on my phone.. How sad.., It seems to me that nearly everyone that plays MW becomes bitter and jaded. Whether its the hackers, PUN, the guy 50 levels above you raiding your base or GREE themselves.. this game teaches us how to hate and become selfish. Worst off many get addicted to those feelings and become vengeful and vindictive. I too am guilty.

This game has cost me a lot more than my original limit... I could have an iPad for each month of the year.. Instead I traded that in for my shiny "central fleet command" (my rivals do use 3 less allies though - score!) and other pixelated toys that I can not use outside of my phone.

This game is not an investment but merely serves as entertainment.. Everyone comes from different socioeconomical backgrounds so no one can tell anyone else how to spend.. Responsibility to yourself is the key.

This game is that bad abusive relationship that you just can't end. The guilt of breaking up is difficult - too much time and money has been spent to just walk away... It's a shame that I can't quit either.. But I can be more responsible and accountable for everything that I do. Take a step back and feel good again - enjoy life and the little things for what they are.. Keep it fun - that was always the original intention.

"I'm talking to the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways... Make that change.."

Rough Neck
06-04-2013, 05:20 PM
To everyone I ask:

.....LIAR.....

StoryTimeSteve
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Golgo you and I have had our differences but it seems that now you have come to realize the idea that I started to pass along with the advent of "The Cartel"...Knowing your own limits and being responsible is key...

ALSO, if you simply are too addicted to quit, then there's always the free-to-play option! Just consider it my friend...

It's never too late to quit; however, the best way to quit is to never start.

If you are interested in joining REG (gold-optional) then PM me!

Rough Neck
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Golgo you and I have had our differences but it seems that now you have come to realize the idea that I started to pass along with the advent of "The Cartel"...Knowing your own limits and being responsible is key...

ALSO, if you simply are too addicted to quit, then there's always the free-to-play option! Just consider it my friend...

....LIAR....

Annonymous
06-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Dude, what is that, like your 8th liar comment? Disagree with the man, but, wow, you are not doing yourself any favors or getting points with anyone.

Sal T Iguana
06-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Do as if you're at the craps table. Spend what you are comfortable losing.

StoryTimeSteve
06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
precisely. but with all of the hype up with these events and all of the peer pressure involved, people don't use their heads and aren't responsible with their money. when PJ and I started the whole Cartel idea, that's what it was about...reminding people that this is just a game and to be cognizant of what they're doing when they're spending money on this game... just remember to consciously think about what you're doing...

Do as if you're at the craps table. Spend what you are comfortable losing.

Rough Neck
06-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Dude, what is that, like your 8th liar comment? Disagree with the man, but, wow, you are not doing yourself any favors or getting points with anyone.

This guy is the best LIAR in MW, he is seeking attention and dying hard to make himself important and respectful with his lies, hopefully get another free ride and benefits from any of the Top 10 faction as he successfully done with Ferr, end of the day, he's just a LIAR !!!

FYI and records, he has just collected total of 80K WD points in all the 5 WD, lol

Rough Neck
06-04-2013, 07:52 PM
precisely. but with all of the hype up with these events and all of the peer pressure involved, people don't use their heads and aren't responsible with their money. when PJ and I started the whole Cartel idea, that's what it was about...reminding people that this is just a game and to be cognizant of what they're doing when they're spending money on this game... just remember to consciously think about what you're doing...

.....LIAR.....

StoryTimeSteve
06-04-2013, 08:06 PM
it's sad when someone uses libel but I'm sorry to say I can't match you as another self-entitled Ferr Follower and the ridiculous amounts of cash you burn for this game.

Brazil-???
GREEnland- about 260k
Egypt-approx. 25k
China-approx. 25k
Ireland-97k
Colombia-171k

lol DK you're pathetic.

This guy is the best LIAR in MW, he is seeking attention and dying hard to make himself important and respectful with his lies, hopefully get another free ride and benefits from any of the Top 10 faction as he successfully done with Ferr, end of the day, he's just a LIAR !!!

FYI and records, he has just collected total of 80K WD points in all the 5 WD, lol

Rough Neck
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
it's sad when someone uses libel but I'm sorry to say I can't match you as another self-entitled Ferr Follower and the ridiculous amounts of cash you burn for this game.

Brazil-???
GREEnland- about 260k
Egypt-approx. 25k
China-approx. 25k
Ireland-97k
Colombia-171k

lol DK you're pathetic.

.....LIAR....

Golgo14
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I understand that you recently became more vocal about reigning in the spending on this game, but like you I was mostly a free player before the factions... It then got out of hand for a lot of people. Despite this, it still gives you no right to scold anyone or advise them about it. Everyone has their own spending limits so let each person make that choice.

Not sure why you became so desperate to make up those horror stories about attempted suicide to try to remain in a faction in which you were not willing to spend money on. You have to pay if you wanna play THAT game. What you did to us was despicable. DK is spot on.., you are a LIAR.

Please don't act like you are a hero or martyr by saving anyone from spending too much money on this game. Like I said - that is each person's decision to make. The voice of reason doesn't need to come from you or from anyone else. Each person is responsible for that. The cartel idea is a joke - if you want to play for free - don't spend, but if your stats can't keep up then don't complain. It is very simple. I choose to no longer spend as the entertainment quality, poor customer support, and cheating have greatly devalued this game.

We would all be better off if this game was played solely for fun and without extra costs... Games like that on these platforms aren't as common anymore. You could drop $60 on Call of Duty for your XBox and play that for months and not have to spend anymore than the original price of the game. ( it's much more exciting than opening "jewelry boxes" every hour) For me I sometimes prefer to fire up some old 8 bit NES games for nostalgia and fun...

If you wanna be a virtual hero and save the world from the Vile Red Falcon I got some advice for you

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START

Save yourself the time and trouble of trying to take down GREE or stopping the spending on this game.. Instead, put your energy in stopping the true tragedies and injustices in the real world. That's where it will make a true difference.

lsandmanl
06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
20 Members from my faction quit our old faction and made a new one because it wasn't fun anymore, now we all just talk about the game in life. Games are meant to be fun, not serious. That's the point for me.

Blitz.BestoftheBest
06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
It's honestly not any different than any other vice that people spend money on. Sure, the rewards may be different than, say, gambling, drugs, stamp collecting, etc., but the idea is still the same. Why do people spend money to buy nice shoes? They like shoes. Why do people pay money to have a star named after them? Cool story for a party, I dunno.

Everyone's reason may be different, but at the bottom of it, people do it because they get some form of enjoyment out of it, whether it's in the form of d*ck measuring, teamwork, friendship, whatever.

Topic
06-05-2013, 11:55 PM

Its true! I went one step further and stopped altogether after investing thousands!! Never again - its better to quit than put good money after bad. Good luck to you

quagmir
06-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Totally agree with you....it is more a game of planning and participation. The teams that are organized (tactics and strategy fall into this category) and committed will do well. While the strategy part is limited, it is still there. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that the top teams, while I believe are organized and very committed, simply buy their way to the top. I do not have an issue with that at all. I DO HAVE an issue with someone calling them the "best" for just spending more money than anyone else.

a game of planning and participation- so its like a married couple with kids
organized and committed( with tactics and strategy)to do well- family

Yeah I used family but your explanation can be for just about anything, war, peace, running a jail, a walk in the park, surfing the web or even really surfing the web if you know what I mean...

While money helps in the game and in everything else it all falls back to what you said. planning, participation, organized and commitment( oh and tactics and strategy)

Take out participation, does PUN suffer just as much as a top 500? if half the people don't show, yeah any faction would, see the recruitment page for lack of participation factions looking for more. All top 25, no top 500 in there.

planning- PUN, go in and bend people over, but if they didn't plan for that... people would be in the upright position. I think so called tactics and strats fall in here but what do I know, I am not top 500

organized- none of that in the top 25, move along because lack of organization makes your rank go up?

commitment- you only have to commit to the wd you are in. again this doesn't happen in the top 25...so we are told because tactics and strategy fall under this

Ok so this all boils down to you not liking people that spend more of the disposable income that they have then you do, that's it. So we can get rid of major league teams who spent money for the best players so they could be the best. they just spent there way to the top. anyone or any company that spends money to be the best, not legit. cant spend money to be the best. Obama a fraud, spent to much money(in this case just the winner, not the best, quite the opposite)you wanted the best car? hope you didn't spend money on it. healthcare, free clinics are the best.

This is what your line of thinking does to the real world, I sure hope your to young to vote.