PDA

View Full Version : McGurt: Slash & Brun the Madacascar Rain Forest

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
MW Forum,

As many of you may already know, due to recent game events (which shall remain unmentioned), McGurt is in the midst of an evolution. Some of us will stay, some will leave the game forever, others will go no gold or take a break.

But those leaving have too much gold to just leave behind.

And so, to avoid looking like hypocrites, we are letting the forum know: several McGurt members will be smelting all of their vaults with reckless abandon starting on Friday. Do not take it to mean any remaining members will spend as much in the next war. Some of us just want our money's worth.

Beware of this weekend.

Generik79
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Fair enough, and intelligent fair warning.

Geez...I hope we can keep up ;-)

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Fair enough, and intelligent fair warning.

Geez...I hope we can keep up ;-)

Don't worry. You can run out btwn battles and go to Costco. I hear they also have nice shrubbery.

StoryTimeSteve
06-03-2013, 08:42 PM
a noble idea Meta...if you choose to stick with this game after burning your gold reserves, solely for the purpose of continuing friendships, keeping the camaraderie; let me know. REG is welcoming members; we've got a great lineup of characters here, and we're all haters of hackers. You and Durt would make excellent company here...good luck to you in Madagascar and SF you guys better watch out! looks like this one will be interesting ;)

THIS IS STEVEO127 AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Generik79
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Don't worry. You can run out btwn battles and go to Costco. I hear they also have nice shrubbery.

I heard there was a 99% off sale, too!

BurnNotice69
06-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Meta Rage - Um, your players could sell off all their buildings & donate the money to less fortunate factions . . . like mine!! :o)

JimmyThePick
06-03-2013, 08:58 PM
So, is this a correct synopsis Meta? (I don't presume to put words into your mouth nor words on your page, so please amend and/or correct if this is wrong.) Several ambassadors of the game are so utterly fed up with the state of MW that they are essentially calling it quits. These people are not shills, have no affiliation with the provider of the game, have offered suggestions & improvements, mentored new players, & attempted to help police this game, yet they are throwing in the towel? What the heck is happening here? GREE have you heard the child's proverb about the goose and golden egg? Hello? The fans base is passionate & rabid about this game. McFly? Hello?

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
So, is this a correct synopsis Meta? (I don't presume to put words into your mouth nor words on your page, so please amend and/or correct if this is wrong.) Several ambassadors of the game are so utterly fed up with the state of MW that they are essentially calling it quits. These people are not shills, have no affiliation with the provider of the game, have offered suggestions & improvements, mentored new players, & attempted to help police this game, yet they are throwing in the towel? What the heck is happening here? GREE have you heard the child's proverb about the goose and golden egg? Hello? The fans base is passionate & rabid about this game. McFly? Hello?

I can only speak for myself. I love the game. I have played for 2 1/2 years and loved it until recently. But for me...it is time to move on.

And the name is Rage. Read into that whatever you want.

quagmir
06-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Slash and Brun the shrubbery!

Annonymous
06-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Slash and Brun the shrubbery!

Just as long as it's not too expensive...

JimmyThePick
06-03-2013, 09:38 PM
@Meta Rage Trollbot
I enjoy the game as well & meant no disrespect by shortening your handle. You are not alone in your rage or frustration. Ultimately, I believe we want the same thing from gree.

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I want to brun my remaining gold.

Jhenry02
06-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Is it the brun? Or the allegory of grees money tree?
I'm afraid I don't get earth humor.

Wingman GRI
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi Rage, that is a nice idea. Is the Cartel ok with it? ;)

ProCision
06-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi Rage, that is a nice idea. Is the Cartel ok with it? ;)

Yes I say it's fine.

HGF69
06-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Good luck to the McGurt guys. We don't have space just now but probably will soon. We have no gold requirements and have both free playing and high gold spending members.

People's Front of Judea G
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Same in Peoples Front of Judea. We have gold and non-gold and consistently finish top 50. Always on the look out for players who want to have fun, and report and boot every hacker we encounter. Any McGurt guys that want to continue in the spirit of fun would be more than welcome. Best of luck to you guys in the upcoming battles.

camper killer
06-04-2013, 04:15 AM
There is a new no-Gold team that has been formed and growing (since this is not a recruitment section I will not post its info here). Durt, your already a member with your LLP. I would suggest this team to others as well, but the goal is to form more no-gold teams. Myself and several others who are tired of Gree will be key members in this no-Gold team. we are here to compete based on skill and strategy (no-gold that is)! Stand up and say no-gold for me!

WI(AusNz)
06-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Forgive me if this sounds naive, but could you just request a refund through Apple?

I am a cow
06-04-2013, 04:20 AM
You guys still stole one of our faction members though!

Sadistic.
06-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Just to clarify, mcgurts will live on, after our resources are gone in Madagascar the remainder of the team who are either not moving on or leaving the game completely will continue to participate in all events, we just simply won't be funding Gree anymore with the levels of cash we are used to throwing at them.

MADCAT
06-04-2013, 05:43 AM
you all should save whatever gold reserves you got and just go for straight apple store refunds ftw!

already in-progress

MADCAT
06-04-2013, 05:46 AM
MW Forum,

As many of you may already know, due to recent game events (which shall remain unmentioned), McGurt is in the midst of an evolution. Some of us will stay, some will leave the game forever, others will go no gold or take a break.

But those leaving have too much gold to just leave behind.

And so, to avoid looking like hypocrites, we are letting the forum know: several McGurt members will be smelting all of their vaults with reckless abandon starting on Friday. Do not take it to mean any remaining members will spend as much in the next war. Some of us just want our money's worth.

Beware of this weekend.

I am in McGurt

this battle will be my last battle

Annonymous
06-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Just to clarify, mcgurts will live on, after our resources are gone in Madagascar the remainder of the team who are either not moving on or leaving the game completely will continue to participate in all events, we just simply won't be funding Gree anymore with the levels of cash we are used to throwing at them.

Similar to our plan as well, just well, we probably didn't spend as much as you in the first place;) But enough to keep top 100. End result is the same. Always favored the team over the spending of gold anyway. Glad the team is on board with that aspect so we can stay as such.

Wingman GRI
06-04-2013, 07:52 AM

Are you going to hack Paul? :D

Sadistic.
06-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I sincerely hope you say that as a joke Niels! After being your wingman for the best part of a year you should know my style by now!

Wingman GRI
06-04-2013, 09:22 AM
You know me by now Paul. I know you will never ever hack.

Lazy Liz
06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Respect to you that are staying after the bs lately * thank you to Durt for stepping up and speaking out - beware of any members you are pulling in to fill those last spots*
Tis a wee tip from someone that has eyes wide open-vet them all well from a piddly friend you do not know out here in the gaming world

Sadistic.
06-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I should hope so too Niels after the amounts of time we spent fighting together and chatting for hours on end.. Be good and no hitting! Lol

WI(AusNz)
06-05-2013, 04:45 AM
By spending your gold, that is what the corporation want. To push everyone else into gold. While u may not be buying new gold you are indirectly supporting new gold purchases. If u hate gree so much, just walk away. Surely you can see the irony and hypocracy in your actions?

Rough Neck
06-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Nothing new, this is always be the last battle for everyone, so will the next and the next .......and as usual everyone will stop buying fake gold......BLAh blah blah AGAIN.....and AGAIN.....and AGAIN....lastly claimed GREE unfair......anything else I missed out !!!

Adm.J
06-05-2013, 05:12 AM
By spending your gold, that is what the corporation want. To push everyone else into gold. While u may not be buying new gold you are indirectly supporting new gold purchases. If u hate gree so much, just walk away. Surely you can see the irony and hypocracy in your actions?

The man makes a very good point.

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-05-2013, 09:09 AM

While is see your point, it is not my job to control other faction's spending. They can sit out if they want. It is clear many people will be buying less gold for a while, so others can be patient and sit on their stacks.

We are not doing Gree's bidding, we are doing ours.

Hub_Master_General
06-05-2013, 10:31 AM
While is see your point, it is not my job to control other faction's spending. They can sit out if they want. It is clear many people will be buying less gold for a while, so others can be patient and sit on their stacks.

We are not doing Gree's bidding, we are doing ours.

Meta - Mad Ox (MOX) has reached the same breaking point. While some of our people have quit the game entirely, most are just tired of feeding the perpetual gold-munching machine that is Gree. We've decided to try and remain competitive but not at the cost of having fun. After all this is a game and I started playing it to have fun. That was lost somewhere down the road to improve stats and finish in the Top 25.

Personnaly, it came to me one day when my son asked me, "After spending all that money Dad, what do you have to show from it?" I couldn't even say I was having fun anymore. What a wakeup!

Jammed Up
06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Personnaly, it came to me one day when my son asked me, "After spending all that money Dad, what do you have to show from it?"

You have some colored pixels, a fine trade for all that real money you wasted, err...I mean "spent"!

Sure, you could have bought a new TV or taken a vacation with your family or bought your kid some toys or medical care or food, but now you can brag about the colored pixels you 'own'. And isn't that better? :)

I spent money on gold, but no more.

Sadistic.
06-05-2013, 11:35 AM
bye bye McGrut don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.i have a sweet spot for you general, I hope your name is the same in game.. See you soon.; ) have a nice day..

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-05-2013, 01:02 PM
bye bye McGrut don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

At least I just have to worry about a door. You, on the other hand...

Speed ump
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Ok, so you spent on a vacation, what do you have to show for it? Not all purchases give you an item with a value. Many items that you purchase lose a great portion of their value after purchase anyway, and more so with time. Many purchases you make in life are for the experience. If the experience is not to your desire, then goodbye, quit your whining. Quit telling other people what or how they should spend or play. Decide for yourself, and move on. If they want your advice, I'm sure they will ask. The sick ones are the ones going around telling everyone how bad they are for spending. Manage you own life, and quit trying to tell others how to live theirs.

ProCision
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
bye bye McGrut don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

are you bulimic?

Stasios
06-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I like McGruff, gangster gangster.

Oh he said mcgrut? Can a brother get a mcrib up in here.

ProCision
06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I like McGruff, gangster gangster.

Oh he said mcgrut? Can a brother get a mcrib up in here.

as long as you keep it down and not run to the bathroom. we have enough vomit on this site.

Stasios
06-05-2013, 02:44 PM
as long as you keep it down and not run to the bathroom. we have enough vomit on this site.

Bulimia is no laughing matter then, here I thought it was just pirate juice I was stepping in.

Sirius
06-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Just reminding folks of the forum rules as this thread it getting out of hand and needs to get back on track.

Please DO NOT:

•Flame, troll, insult others, make purposefully inflammatory posts or otherwise be a nuisance to other players or the moderators.

Thanks!

Mcdoc
06-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Here is the obvious conclusion no one else is willing to write but many are thinking:

It is a shame to see people smelt their gold reserves knowing they will not make top 10 since the team is in it's current state of mind. Maybe - just maybe - those who want to smelt their reserves would consider making a guest appearance in a faction that will for sure make top 10 - thus keeping the cost down for those below - and walking away with one last victory and Top 10 prizes in case you make a comeback after a few months off?

Just throwing it out there - but understand the whole "hanging with my Homies" if thats the way you want to go out :)

Fazhang
06-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Mcdoc never fails to recruit

Ryans67
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Only McDoc would try and recruit at a funeral....

Mcdoc
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM

Only McDoc would try and recruit at a funeral....

Come on - when you read the opening thread - you had to think to yourself - a shame to see guys melt away Gold when half the team will be playing for free or leaving - wouldn't it be nice to . . .

But you're right - shame on me for being the only one to say it out loud - LoL

jchow69
06-05-2013, 05:29 PM
It's difficult to tell whether McGurt actually hacks or spends money. If they are actually extremely heavy gold spenders, then, shame on Gree!

gingerbear
06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
It's difficult to tell whether McGurt actually hacks or spends money. If they are actually extremely heavy gold spenders, then, shame on Gree!

You trollin' bro?

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Well well well,

It appears a novice troll entered this chat, and apparently went too far tRYAN to be GREAT.

ULP: Alltherage. Lvl 149
LLP: Meta Rage. Lvl 90

Don't try to KILL my JOY in the upcoming endeavor.

Btw, looks like the door actually hit you. Now wait for me.

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-05-2013, 07:33 PM
While I do not support extolling this violation online, at least now Gree is aware of it (?)

Adm.J
06-05-2013, 07:40 PM
While I do not support extolling this violation online, at least now Gree is aware of it (?)

What's really sad is I found this earlier today after about 5 minutes into a search for the pros and cons of updating my iPhone from iOS 5 to 6.

Jhenry02
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM

Pot I have kettle on line 2.

hung,lo
06-05-2013, 10:19 PM
so... who.s character can i have transffered....

Mcdoc
06-06-2013, 02:37 AM
beware of McDoc and baraka , VFF pal room is a bunch of gay fa(g)sWhile we are a happy (gay) bunch - I'm not the one asking someone else to suckmynuts - LoL

P.S. Good job on getting yourself banned and every thread locked and/or deleted that you have posted on.

Just a prediction :)

Mcdoc
06-06-2013, 02:41 AM
Mcdoc never fails to recruitBy the way - I just noticed in your signature that you finished 14th in Columbia & 15th In Ireland.

When you want to finish in the Top 10 - send me a pm and I'll see if we have a spot for you :)

Tito89
06-06-2013, 02:49 AM
...Just a prediction :)

more like the inevitable