PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gree

kingofwale
06-03-2013, 04:36 PM
now.. I've been complaining a lot about Gree lately, but this is an appreciation post.

thank you for finally getting somethings fixed.

1... cheaper starting prize for LT Build event and longer time.
2... thank you for having Epic boss back (still not 100% sure)
3... THANK YOU for not doing wars every 11 days.

I won't nitpick, just want to show that I'm glad to feel that Gree actually listened to its people.

MattThomas08
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Interesting that everybody is so appreciative of the 18 day spread. We were outraged they were 18 days before and Gree moved them to 11 days. Move back to 18 days and now we jump for joy. How about.... 24 days! Then I'll be happy :).

kingofwale
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
dude, at least they didn't move it to 7. ;)

we can demand more later, but I'm glad they actually listened for once.

Generik79
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
They didn't listen to us; they didn't make as much money! Same reason the full weekend 20% off is back. Think this through. They are testing our boundaries....looking for sweet spots. How much will we tolerate on the cost ($ + time + service (or lack of)) curve?

Mob Don
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM
dude, at least they didn't move it to 7. ;)
Don't give them Ideas :D

kingofwale
06-03-2013, 05:42 PM
such asslicker, shame on u!shhhh.. I'm not saying those thing just because I got out of temp ban. :)

$Heisenberg$
06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
shhhh.. I'm not saying those thing just because I got out of temp ban. :)

shame on you!

OneHoop
06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I would agree that they are some nice concessions, based upon not having people quit the game.

Know what would really help? 500 free gold! (just for me, you can stick to the customary 50 free gold for everyone else) ;)

M@

TZora
06-03-2013, 09:14 PM
well indeed, i also wish to say thanks to gree for listening to their customers. 18 days sounds fair enough.

it will give all of us enough time to be prepared for the battles, specially, those who need it badly because i hear that they're skipping wars and instead making videos cuz they can't keep up with the pressure of wars every week :p

Dutchie
06-04-2013, 03:35 AM
They didn't listen to us; they didn't make as much money! Same reason the full weekend 20% off is back. Think this through. They are testing our boundaries....looking for sweet spots. How much will we tolerate on the cost ($ + time + service (or lack of)) curve?

Bang on the money!

They have tools and reports that show exactly what, where and who spent. They base their decisions on these reports and nothing else. They will then tweak the parameters to see if it improves bottom line. There is nothing more to it.

How they handle violators is very poor and they need to significantly improve in this area. They don't seem to have any tools or reports in this area to proactively terminate these accounts and rely on self policing without any acknowledgement or feedback.

ALL games have their violators, but it is how they are handled that differentiates gaming companies. They get an F from me in this department... F for Fail!

zwiswoo
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM

Well in one sense duh. They're supposed to be a profit maximizing corporation, and they don't even really have a broader social responsibility - it's not like they're selling water or electricity or healthcare or insurance. Everything including keeping customers happy should have a connection with that greed-goal.
But there's smart greed and stupid greed. New types of events (syndicates, LTQ, limited building) to keep the game interesting is smart greed. Stat inflation is smart greed, provided it doesn't piss off too many. Having zero customer support, or holding a 24 hour spite-sale in response to customer discontentment is stupid greed. In general, when your customers want to boycott you in a competitive market, it's at least likely you're doing something wrong. And it looks like some of the player messages may be getting through...

broben05
06-04-2013, 09:02 AM
what would make me happiest would be making the game not lag excessively on android. Some days its ok but others it just lags and lags. It also has a tendency to select buildings for moving or upgrading when it lags. It seems like making the game work smother would be high in the priorities. I am using a Galaxy SIII which isn't particularly slow. I also run a bluestacks emulator for an account it seems to lag significantly less often. Granted that is a wired connection and a 3.4ghz quad core processor with 32gb of ram on the windows machine running it. I collect from a building and it just crawls to add aprox $400 from a building it sometimes takes a minute or on rare occasion slightly more.

broben05
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I guess when you use the ($ + time + service) I should be up there I've purchased 3 vaults in the past 30 days. so looking at $250 + on the game, I'm inclined to not purchase any further gold as there are many other better uses of money on games. I'm a bit ocd so I fit the profile for people who spend on games like this, I can't imagine spending the amounts to make it into the bonus groups for gold. I think the value equation is very far off for this game, I've enjoyed it for awhile but speed or rather lack of speed makes the user experience less enjoyable. Also as a thought if I buy a bank vault of gold perhaps some $$$ to go along with it, I can't believe many people would pay for in game cash especially with the fact it can be robbed.

vtwin
06-04-2013, 09:17 AM
the only thing Gree did is what best for them. If the next battle was in 11 days it would be during fathers day here in the US. So less players spending money. So moving to 18 days was a monetary move

c00guy
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Well in one sense duh. They're supposed to be a profit maximizing corporation, and they don't even really have a broader social responsibility - it's not like they're selling water or electricity or healthcare or insurance. Everything including keeping customers happy should have a connection with that greed-goal.
But there's smart greed and stupid greed. New types of events (syndicates, LTQ, limited building) to keep the game interesting is smart greed. Stat inflation is smart greed, provided it doesn't piss off too many. Having zero customer support, or holding a 24 hour spite-sale in response to customer discontentment is stupid greed. In general, when your customers want to boycott you in a competitive market, it's at least likely you're doing something wrong. And it looks like some of the player messages may be getting through...

aGREEd! :D

SC4R
06-04-2013, 12:31 PM
aGREEd! :D

I second that