PDA

View Full Version : Guild chat.

Flixern
06-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello

I dont know if this has been brought up before, so I would like to hear what you fellow knights think about it. Wouldn't it be an idea to modify the guild chat so everyone can talk in it? At least have an option to allow others to join for a chat, or include it when u have the settings on "Anyone can Join". In my opinion, that would make it easier to interact with other players, and not only excluded to your little group of guild members.

Yes, there can be some negative side effects with it. Like: "what if people only join for advertising their own guild?" or "people will only join to troll and spam". But therefore, there should also be a function that allows higher members of your guild to kick those who joining just to troll :)

Personally, I would love such an update!
d8-)

Varza
06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I think they need to fix the problems with it before they can work on new features. Guild chat made the game crash for me last night, so it seems it still has problems :P

Flixern
06-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Game sometimes crash when Im in guild to. Not in guild chat, but when Im closing the guild window. But it do feel more like the app is closing, rather than crashing. I just opening it again, and everything works :) The bug should be fixed though.

But you didn't answer if u liked the idea or not Varza? :cool:

konofo
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
No thanks. I suspect if they extend communication features any further, it would be to give everyone a 'comments wall' similar to KA/MW/etc. that allows for direct communication between friends or even strangers.

If they are looking for ways to improve guild chat, longer text entry would be a start.

Flixern
06-03-2013, 11:16 AM
No thanks. I suspect if they extend communication features any further, it would be to give everyone a 'comments wall' similar to KA/MW/etc. that allows for direct communication between friends or even strangers.

If they are looking for ways to improve guild chat, longer text entry would be a start.

Doesn't every game have a chat communication open for all players? And isn't it a reason for it? I don't see what arguments you are using for not wanting more interaction within the game? Most games I've played through the years have had communication. Example: Runescape and wc3, which have made me a mod for being nice and friendly, and given me the privilege to mute those who spaming/flaming/trolling.

Rs even had a team develop a third party program for chatting, using the IRC system :) Although that might have been against the staff intentions.

Varza
06-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Since you asked, I think I am with konofo here. Although I don't know very much about it, as my guild seems to have an open chat. But in K&D, I don't really see a reason for "all to all" communication.

Guilds will have forums and external chat systems in any game, no way to stop that.

Flixern
06-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Since you asked, I think I am with konofo here. Although I don't know very much about it, as my guild seems to have an open chat. But in K&D, I don't really see a reason for "all to all" communication.

Guilds will have forums and external chat systems in any game, no way to stop that.

Well, Im not saying more interaction within the game is to prevent external chat systems. The reason that I got this idea, was that I saw one of my "friends" on the friend list in another guild. I just wanted to say hi, but there are no way to do this :/

Eunuchorn
06-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Guild chat needs to always show, kthxbai