PDA

View Full Version : Why not offer a gold reward for finding hackers?

thundarr
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM
This is a novel idea. Why not offer a gold reward for finding hackers? Gree could have someone who receives all the tips and if the person is found to be a hacker the member who identified them would get a reward. This would really cut down on the hackers and reward vigilant members for their hard work.

Tctiger
06-03-2013, 08:07 AM
because we wouldn't need to purchase gold if we get that much for free ?

ComingUpRoses
06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
This is assuming "They" want to find the cheaters.

gingerbear
06-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Remember they can't do that, it would violate their privacy policy by confirming someone was hacking. Nice try though.

DME
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Plus you'd get friends/whole factions sending in the exact same screen shots to get free gold.

vorm
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
You guys ask for too much. They already give you a free forum ban for finding them, just be happy with that.

SGT Rud
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Ha, thats funny.

stickman777
06-03-2013, 10:48 AM
how about a little gold in the box events - concrete, units, valor, cash and a little gold

SGT Rud
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
how about a little gold in the box events - concrete, units, valor, cash and a little gold
I like this idea. same as it being in the scratcher.

dpghost mobile
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Lets put a prize on hacker discovery, I don't care, gold or indestructible unit, valor points, never mind.
Lets make a public board where to publish the proven hackers.
Lets punish the false accusations too.
Lets make a court of law.
lets get a judge

Thief
06-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Remember they can't do that, it would violate their privacy policy by confirming someone was hacking. Nice try though.

This pretty much sums up the reason why you won't have that happen.

Plus dare i say someone would create a second hacking account and report it just so they could reap the benefits?

dpghost mobile
06-03-2013, 11:40 AM
But that leaves us with the problem unsolved.
Do we buy gold and compete, with some wiseguy that found an opening in poor Gree's armor, or do we go au naturel, no gold at all, because there are still wiseguys in the game

gingerbear
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
This pretty much sums up the reason why you won't have that happen.

Plus dare i say someone would create a second hacking account and report it just so they could reap the benefits?
you'd probably only get 1/40 of a brick for each hacker you reported, otherwise they'd give away too much gold.

DME
06-03-2013, 11:46 AM
But that leaves us with the problem unsolved.
Do we buy gold and compete, with some wiseguy that found an opening in poor Gree's armor, or do we go au naturel, no gold at all, because there are still wiseguys in the game

Or do Gree get their act together and become more proactive in regards to hacks/exploits?

I have to admit I did have a little chuckle as I typed this.

Riptide
06-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Good idea but how will you know they are a hacker?

2nd Sea Raiders
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Its really not that hard to ban hackers. The tips are being sent in from people. Then the people who send in the tips get banned, the hackers stay hacking and Gree does absolutely nothing about them. Its called the Gree cycle.

cherlock
06-03-2013, 03:29 PM
idea is not new.

Think there would be a lot of problems too

F.I.
To many would simply mail names mixed up with screenshots from other players, just to stir things up more,
and even think they maybe get rewarded.
Its just to easy to say; "oh well, I really thought so, my bad, just trying to help "

Now, if there is NO reward, is not worthwhile for idiots and losers to do that, and only players that really care
would make the effort.

Thief
06-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I had suggested something awhile ago that would hopefully prevent players from accusing legitamate players and it would help police the hackers.

Bascially anyone can report a hacker (just as they can now)
However Gree recognizes when you identify a hacker for them.

Recognize 5 in a row and get a unit (plus you get put into a category of hacker finder) where your email gets a priority.

Recognize and identify 10 in a row and you get another unit and get your tickets directly sent to those in charge of banning hackers (obviously this would need to be created). 80% of your claims need to be ligitmate hackers to stay connected to this team.

Recognize 50 Hackers and Gree rewards you with XXX.

People say 50? Gasp that would take a lifetime?...or a couple of weeks. Whichever comes first.

JimmyThePick
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
idea is not new.

Think there would be a lot of problems too

F.I.
To many would simply mail names mixed up with screenshots from other players, just to stir things up more,
and even think they maybe get rewarded.
Its just to easy to say; "oh well, I really thought so, my bad, just trying to help "

Maybe some players would knowingly submit false reports. To mitigate this behavior, if a player sends in 2 or 3 bad reports a ban could be issued as punishment. It isn't as if they haven't done it before (ban people that is).

For the record, I think Thief's proposal solves more problems than it creates.

bigman
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
This is a novel idea. Why not offer a gold reward for finding hackers? Gree could have someone who receives all the tips and if the person is found to be a hacker the member who identified them would get a reward. This would really cut down on the hackers and reward vigilant members for their hard work.

They ban u for that . Lol

Q Raider
06-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I had suggested something awhile ago that would hopefully prevent players from accusing legitamate players and it would help police the hackers.

Recognize 5 in a row and get a unit (plus you get put into a category of hacker finder) where your email gets a priority.

Recognize and identify 10 in a row and you get another unit and get your tickets directly sent to those in charge of banning hackers (obviously this would need to be created). 80% of your claims need to be ligitmate hackers to stay connected to this team.

People say 50? Gasp that would take a lifetime?...or a couple of weeks. Whichever comes first.

Be fine if something was actually done about them...

Level 137
3309 missions
4030 Transport Raiders
35 Lead Soldiers

This was the fourth time they have been reported, the first was a couple of months ago when they "only" had around 950

Still there today.

Level 137
3309 missions
4030 transport Raiders
51 Lead Soldiers

anonymousMW
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
This game is expensive, requires many hours of play.
Not all hackers are equal. (You save time a hacker stealing money)
Social psychology, the veteran player does not want to waste any time. looking for money. If only large sharks have money, you will extinction by fatigue. (Loss of players from exhaustion)
If everyone is looking for hackers, do not play MW.
Support if it is malfunctioning, be worse. Reviewing suspicious accounts, reports of people who can not play, most rookies.

Difference hacker and cheater, are similar. Not the same.
THE hackers impotence producing many players, causes these spend more money, because they know they are hacker, s. These help Gree making money. You have to think to understand how this works.

A cheater will cause the same damage as a player rich.

Those who hurt this game cheaters are rich or upper middle class people, who cheat. I call them sharks. They are many, and ignored by the other players.

I see the end of this game, for one simple reason, we are a society of players, not the Inquisition, to point fingers and burning witches. The control of the faction is the main priority. where he plays a lot of money.

This is out of control, for months, this discontent causes not deviate the topic, not you can do everything at the same time, let's start with what's important.

Almost There
06-04-2013, 01:23 AM

If the reporters don't get their rewards do we just send in another ticket to ask for our rewards?

Big John
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Employ ex hackers to find hackers and close loopholes, works for the security services.

I am a cow
06-04-2013, 03:54 AM

NO! Then people would be convicted as a hacker left right and centre. Even a couple days ago this guy said " How are your stats so high and your iph so low? you must be a hacker! My response does buying a composites factory and being in a faction count as hacking?

After so he attacks me and loses so I go to have revenge, turns out his building 2 villas 2 AMRs 2 ACs at the same time

Trebor
06-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Gree has more hackers then gold !