PDA

View Full Version : How do you 'save' a rival so you can go back to him?

ant1greeny2
06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Earlier today, I robbed over 200k I someone (a lot more than usual for me!) & I want to go back to him again. I know if he attacks or robs me, I can press revenge. But he's not retaliating, so my question is: Is there a way to go back to a specific rival without relying on them?

Beardy
06-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Finding them in your Rival's List is the only other way.

Would be to easy otherwise, don't you think?

dudeman
06-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Want a cash cow? Upgrade your money buildings.

:p

panty sniffer
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I hit keep hitting refresh with my favorites written down or memorized. If there's that REALLY special guy or gal, you can adjust your mafia count to match the rival and they will show up more frequently.

MattThomas08
06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I like to dare them to try to beat my defenses and see if they give me a link. Don't think it really works unless they're a dumb time traveler, but it's fun to try.

Kidkiller
06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Lol I keep visiting a glitcher/hacker or whatever he his, that have too much lvl10 building (Money and defensive) :) I love that ! Usually walk out with 20-30M $ if lucky, I just picture there profil and look in my device to remember who I should look for today.

mxz
06-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Couple things you can do:
Build up your IPH
Call out some people on the forums

Either way, you'll attract all sorts of interesting characters who will leave you links.

the_brein
06-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Next time you're in his hood, taunt the heck out of him. Tell him to upgrade his buildings more to make it worth your while. Actually, just comment once so he don't block you.

Also, leave a juicy building uncollected for him to rob.

OneHoop
06-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Don't bank the cash and leave a bait building. I agree about upgrading your own IPH but if your IPH is greater than your riva then you may not want to leave them a link either!

M@

c00guy
06-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Piss him off by robbing his entire hood and he'll come for you lmao! :-D

Kidkiller
06-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Piss him off by robbing his entire hood and he'll come for you lmao! :-D
Have try that and its not always working lol just keep a note on him, o make a hit list for regular check if you start to know his building collection schedule you'll rob alot of cash out of him.

The Giver
06-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Rob only his laundrettes

BigMoney
06-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Rob only his laundrettes

I rob so many laundromats and almost never get return visits from this such that I'm beginning to suspect it might not even tell you if your laundromat gets robbed.

No, the best way to increase your chance at a return visit is to irritate your opponent. These days I typically get an angry message back, but the stupid ones occasionally try to hit back.

Sandukan
06-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Bookmark the hood or just kindly ask them to leave you a link.
CC players are very accommodating at times.
You don't have to scheme all the time.

c00guy
06-03-2013, 04:41 AM
I rob so many laundromats and almost never get return visits from this such that I'm beginning to suspect it might not even tell you if your laundromat gets robbed.

No, the best way to increase your chance at a return visit is to irritate your opponent. These days I typically get an angry message back, but the stupid ones occasionally try to hit back.

Yeah but don't piss them off too much! If they're higher than your defense, they attack you. If they can get a rob in, they rob you. And the really pissed off guys who can neither attack nor rob you, attack you repeatedly to bump up your XP (that's if they're smart)! So careful

BigMoney
06-03-2013, 05:10 AM
Yeah but don't piss them off too much! If they're higher than your defense, they attack you. If they can get a rob in, they rob you. And the really pissed off guys who can neither attack nor rob you, attack you repeatedly to bump up your XP (that's if they're smart)! So careful

I do just fine thanks. Here's my list of rules for attacking/robbing someone:
-Opponent's attack is strong enough to successfully attack me back 100% of the time: do not rob/attack.
-Opponent's attack is strong enough to punch through a successful robbery:
-- if IPH is higher than mine, rob/attack.
-- else, do not rob/attack*.
-Opponent's attack is too weak to rob me: attack/rob with impunity.

*(sometimes I do anyway, but only because I've yet to encounter anyone who will stalk me harder than I will stalk them, but that's if they have at least a decent NC-- I wouldn't even bother with a completely empty hood or something, I'd find an easier target to pick on).

Also, I doubt I would ever classify someone who repeatedly unsuccessfully attacks me as "smart." I actually do have people on my newsfeed with no brain trying to repeatedly attack me for some reason. The most recent item on my newsfeed is a guy whose attack is less than one-fifth of my defense, and it's not the first time he's attacked me this week either. I could understand if maybe he saw my NCs and tried to rob them without having too good of an understanding of how robs work (I'm sure some people think they can rob higher stat people than they actually can just because they once successfully robbed someone with an inflated profile defense with a hood full of level 10 defense buildings), but no, he has never tried to rob me. He just keeps attacking me for some reason.

c00guy
06-03-2013, 06:01 AM
He's smart coz he's bumping up your xp! And it doesn't affect him in any way except that he may lose some attack consumables

Butt Futter
06-03-2013, 06:26 AM
I do just fine thanks. Here's my list of rules for attacking/robbing someone:
-Opponent's attack is strong enough to successfully attack me back 100% of the time: do not rob/attack.
-Opponent's attack is strong enough to punch through a successful robbery:
-- if IPH is higher than mine, rob/attack.
-- else, do not rob/attack*.
-Opponent's attack is too weak to rob me: attack/rob with impunity.

*(sometimes I do anyway, but only because I've yet to encounter anyone who will stalk me harder than I will stalk them, but that's if they have at least a decent NC-- I wouldn't even bother with a completely empty hood or something, I'd find an easier target to pick on).

Also, I doubt I would ever classify someone who repeatedly unsuccessfully attacks me as "smart." I actually do have people on my newsfeed with no brain trying to repeatedly attack me for some reason. The most recent item on my newsfeed is a guy whose attack is less than one-fifth of my defense, and it's not the first time he's attacked me this week either. I could understand if maybe he saw my NCs and tried to rob them without having too good of an understanding of how robs work (I'm sure some people think they can rob higher stat people than they actually can just because they once successfully robbed someone with an inflated profile defense with a hood full of level 10 defense buildings), but no, he has never tried to rob me. He just keeps attacking me for some reason.

Stop playing scared. Man up and rob/attack. Red on the wall isn't bad.

nytelock
06-03-2013, 06:49 AM
The most refreshes i did was about 80... before finding that guy with all 10's.

BigMoney
06-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Stop playing scared. Man up and rob/attack. Red on the wall isn't bad.

Yes, what delightfully fantastic advice. You're right, I should give the few people on my level capable of robbing or attacking me direct links to my hood so that they can find me easier. Clearly the issue is that I'm worried about red appearing on my wall or some such nonsense, as opposed to something like how I would better improve my stats via LTBs and such if I maximized the amount of cash I collect from my hood. Now that my manhood in a mobile phone game has been questioned, I will be sure to abandon all basic strategy and perform actions that would benefit the players stronger than me. Excellent advice, you've been most helpful.

Butt Futter
06-03-2013, 07:31 AM
At least you admit you're a coward. It's a game with no strategy. Playing scared is just absurd. If you feel like robbing something, do it. If you're scared about leaving a link, then find a different game to play.

mxz
06-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Some has-been clans are funny because they think their way of playing the game is the only one.

Then they get a reset and hide down at low levels like everyone else does. Ah, the irony.

c00guy
06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
At least you admit you're a coward. It's a game with no strategy. Playing scared is just absurd. If you feel like robbing something, do it. If you're scared about leaving a link, then find a different game to play.
Fine line between playing intelligently and playing like a coward. Take your pick

wa7sh
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
happened to me. i just post hate on there wall until they get pissed and attack me.