PDA

View Full Version : Sharpshooter's Rifle (300/210)

kuksluk
06-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Sharpshooter's Rifle (300/210) - Has this unit been rewarded anywhere else than the Boss event (Think it was "(Police) Chief O'Malley" or smth like that)???

I know the Chief's Cruiser from that same boss event was awarded a 2nd time (was it in a recent LTQ?), but I would really need to know if there is any way possible to have two of the above gun before I report a possible hacker...

cheesy
06-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Sharpshooter's Rifle (300/210) - Has this unit been rewarded anywhere else than the Boss event (Think it was "(Police) Chief O'Malley" or smth like that)???

I know the Chief's Cruiser from that same boss event was awarded a 2nd time (was it in a recent LTQ?), but I would really need to know if there is any way possible to have two of the above gun before I report a possible hacker...

it was also a weapon awarded in one of the ltq's. I think you will see a lot more items reused in the future.

kuksluk
06-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks! I got suspicious when someone had both the Sharpshooter's Rifle and the Chief's Cruiser, but missing the Detective's West that was awarded in between the above mentioned units (Boss event). There were other irregularities too, but nothing with 100% certainty. I don't want to spam support with tickets just because I someone much stronger than myself, so I guess I'll let this one go... Maybe they're purposely re-using old units in an effort to create more confusion, making it harder to pin-point (smart) hackers?

iteachem
06-02-2013, 07:59 AM
... Maybe they're purposely re-using old units in an effort to create more confusion, making it harder to pin-point (smart) hackers?

I have had similar thoughts.... All the income upgrades and respect modifiers etc makes a lot of the old ways to figuring out things more difficult

RijilV
06-02-2013, 08:14 AM
the boss event that gave the rifle, vest and car was screwed up. Funzio support comp'ed a bunch of folks one or more of those items. That was the only boss event that had more than just a final prize, so I wouldn't be shocked to see folks with weird numbers of them.

Also yes, that gun was also given as a LTQ prize.

Sandukan
06-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Gree is reusing everything from top 250 to Boss items.
It's like a going out of business sale.

TZora
06-02-2013, 09:41 AM
its a good tactic .. when u don't know the answer to a question, give a confusing answer. relate my words to crimecity cheaters and gree .. just saying ..

cheesy
06-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks! I got suspicious when someone had both the Sharpshooter's Rifle and the Chief's Cruiser, but missing the Detective's West that was awarded in between the above mentioned units (Boss event). There were other irregularities too, but nothing with 100% certainty. I don't want to spam support with tickets just because I someone much stronger than myself, so I guess I'll let this one go... Maybe they're purposely re-using old units in an effort to create more confusion, making it harder to pin-point (smart) hackers?

In my opinion you might be over thinking this. I'd chalk it up to general laziness.
Usually a good bet.

kuksluk
06-04-2013, 03:30 AM
In my opinion you might be over thinking this. I'd chalk it up to general laziness.
Usually a good bet.

Gree doesn't want us to know how easy it is to hack their game and they're obviously not able to plug all the security issues (nobody ever has in the history of programming). I believe they're fighting on several fronts, including obfuscating hacks. It's not far fetched, if we can't see the hackers they don't exist, or at least Gree can tell us so.

kuksluk
06-04-2013, 03:30 AM
EDIT: Double post

Dutchie
06-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Usually a good bet.

You mean saving costs. They are by now probably scraping the barrel for completely new weapons.