PDA

View Full Version : Dear Admins and Mods,

Ericinico
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Normally when I'm talking to someone in authority, I would be more respectful. But I'm going to be honest right now. I also know this is against the rules, but I feel it is necessary to do. I'm not going to say bring back Devin or anything, but I do want you to consider this before banning someone: Are they a long time forum member or are they the spamming troll? It's one thing to ban the person with 100 posts an hour who just created his or her account yesterday. Its another thing to ban a long time forum member trying to improve the game. I don't know why Devin was banned, and I'm not going to ask. All of what I'm asking is to consider how long that person has been a forum member before issuing the ban. I would like to compliment you on locking threads before they get out of hand. You guys are good at that (no sarcasm intended). One last thing, understand that we are not here to hurt you. When a player like me posts feedback like this, it is meant to HELP and GUIDE this game in a better direction. We want this game to be great, just like you. The forum members and GREE staff have their differences, but they both have one common goal: make the games better. We literally tell you how you can get us to give you money. Anyway, I hope you take these words into consideration. If you ban me then you'll prove my point. If you take my feedback, regardless of whether or not you implement it, will prove that there is a future for these forums, that they can return to the friendly environment of gamers with a common interest: Modern War. Thank you.

bigman
06-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Normally when I'm talking to someone in authority, I would be more respectful. But I'm going to be honest right now. I also know this is against the rules, but I feel it is necessary to do. I'm not going to say bring back Devin or anything, but I do want you to consider this before banning someone: Are they a long time forum member or are they the spamming troll? It's one thing to ban the person with 100 posts an hour who just created his or her account yesterday. Its another thing to ban a long time forum member trying to improve the game. I don't know why Devin was banned, and I'm not going to ask. All of what I'm asking is to consider how long that person has been a forum member before issuing the ban. I would like to compliment you on locking threads before they get out of hand. You guys are good at that (no sarcasm intended). One last thing, understand that we are not here to hurt you. When a player like me posts feedback like this, it is meant to HELP and GUIDE this game in a better direction. We want this game to be great, just like you. The forum members and GREE staff have their differences, but they both have one common goal: make the games better. We literally tell you how you can get us to give you money. Anyway, I hope you take these words into consideration. If you ban me then you'll prove my point. If you take my feedback, regardless of whether or not you implement it, will prove that there is a future for these forums, that they can return to the friendly environment of gamers with a common interest: Modern War. Thank you.

Buddy ,, it's useless , they don't care any more ,

I am a cow
06-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Buddy ,, it's useless , they don't care any more ,

Its amazing what they will do for money though

Generik79
06-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Banning Devin, McGurt, McDoc, among others, was a grievous misuse of discretion. It should be contemplated mightily by those who exercised it.

I am a cow
06-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Banning Devin, McGurt, McDoc, among others, was a grievous misuse of discretion. It should be contemplated mightily by those who exercised it.

Wait Mcdoc is banned?

Ericinico
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Wait Mcdoc is banned?Was........

Generik79
06-01-2013, 09:35 PM
It is your forum, but it does not exist if we are not here. We are your forum. It is your game, but it does not exist if we are not spending on it. We are your game. I could go on, and I truly don't mean to be cheeky, but you get my point, I hope.

Paul Wall
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Kind of funny when they ban someone that spends more on this game than the mods' salaries. Ooooooo the power of a mod!!! If I could only acquire half their power.....

Big John
06-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Don't ban yourselves, these guys should know better but when the red mist comes down it doesn't help.

I miss Bronson and co. who used to be regulars.

Philsbase
06-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Why do they need to bother when people are still spending?

whitefire
06-02-2013, 05:25 AM
I seriously doubt they know what's going on and they certainly can't control it. Maybe things would be a little better if they had spent the time to find and remove health hackers in stead of banning respected forum members. Saying you do a lot and that you find it very important simply doesn't cut it. It only says you don't get it or that you're not competent.

TIMB0
06-02-2013, 05:59 AM
How can one go from getting the ultimate prize in the current LTQ named after you, then be banned from the forum? Is it because he was upset at the backhanded compliment of having that unit not worth the gold it took to get it, and had the gall to make a comment about it? I can see Gree thinking this was ungrateful. Then again he does have a valid point, doesn't he? It's an unfortunate situation that neither would have wanted, but the solution would certainly not be to ban if indeed that was the reason.

I'm currently in China, where much of the internet content is blocked. China doesn't want people to read things and get any funny non-conformist ideas. China bans dissidents and radicals from publishing counterculture ideas. China filters content in fear that this might alter the comfy status quo.

It's funny how my real life and "virtual life" are echoing one another lately...

To Devin: thank you for all the past LTQ walk-throughs on the forum. We all found them incredibly useful. If I were you, I wouldn't spend the gold anymore and I for one completely understand.

Ericinico
06-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Hey guys, this thread was intended to give the admins and mods positive advice to further the development of the modern war community. Please stop bashing them and being negative, and give them ways to improve. Thank you.

De$eption
06-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Why do posts and members disappear without reason?

Im on about those who do not break forum TOS

De$eption
06-02-2013, 07:12 AM
censorship offends me

I wonder, would they ban de$eption, no terms and conditions, TOS have been violated

NaRciS
06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Hey guys, this thread was intended to give the admins and mods positive advice to further the development of the modern war community. Please stop bashing them and being negative, and give them ways to improve. Thank you.

Credit were credit is due Sirius is very active in the forum now, admitted he is having a hard time and getting things sorted, but at least he is responding to most of the threads and keeping us up to date, obviously mistakes have been made, we all want gree to apologise etc etc... Lets be honest that's not going to happen as there a huge company and this is a game....

I would ask Sirius to try and get the few current issues sorted in the best way possible lets try and draw a line in the sand and move on...

The more we try and get apologies and threaten legal issues the slower things become, if all leaders can unite against hackers reporting as discssued with Sirius with one support ticket with screen shot and maybe copy that to admin? As well as gree stepping up there action time on these tickets things could move quicker then we think.

Also I have to say no one wants a few hundred gold for the units won in the latest LTQ some of us understand the man hours that it might require to swap these units out but if gree can make moves to simply correct things like this in a timely manner as well I think things would be a lot sweeter all round...

The problem is when players win a unit, that's what they want... I think even if a quick statement came out to say 'yep' sorry our thought we will get it sorted in the next 14 days... Or something like that everyone would be happy.

Admin, I really don't think there's a lot to fix in the whole, people love the game, will spend money, I have seen an increase in mod activity, yes, your going to get hacker problems no matter what you do... But working with the community will gets things sorted quickly and you can keep customers happy.

Rowdydowdy
06-02-2013, 07:58 AM
"but at least he is responding to most of the threads and keeping us up to date"

Did I miss something what has he/she updated us about? I haven't seen any post regarding an update on the issue people have posted about.

"as discssued with Sirius with one support ticket with screen shot and maybe copy that to admin?"

I think that has been tried numerous times yet the hackers pointed out still exist hence the frustration!

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:04 AM
McDork got banned?

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/index.php?attachments/yes-man-jpg.160031/

here we go, ANOTHER troll...

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:07 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llkwvpesgy1qb00y6o1_500.png

:/ (your face)
here we go, ANOTHER troll...

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:12 AM
lemme guess, you got kicked recently considering your low post count, devin? am i wrong?

jchow69
06-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't think ur Devin. Devin just isn't that type of person.

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Yes, I'm Devin. You got me.

http://de-motivational-posters.com/images/congratulations-you-are-a-hero.gif

i feel bad now, lots of respect for the ltq's you did, tis a big shame you got banned. peace

jchow69
06-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Yes, I'm Devin. You got me.

http://de-motivational-posters.com/images/congratulations-you-are-a-hero.gif

Cool story bro, tell it again. I guess we can tell whether ur really Devin when next LTQ comes around.

De$eption
06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llkwvpesgy1qb00y6o1_500.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwi48UlkA3w

DeT Bob
06-02-2013, 09:26 AM
You thought wrong. I may seem like a nice guy but when I got banned, I went crazy and turned into this. I'm sorry, I have become a troll. You and all the other forum members can no longer respect me.

i dont want to believe this is the devin we all liked.

itīs a shame they banned devin.

btw my main account got a 14 days banning as i supported threads about hackers.

Jammed Up
06-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh Yea and CJ, Sirius, Admin, and All the Other People Who Moderate This Forum...

Word has it that CJ went to the modernwarforum.com (http://modernwarforum.com/) site and signed up as "JC" (so clever!) and immediately started downplaying and minimizing Gree's incompetence and greed.

Then he started talking trash about the people who dared to complain about this whole mess, and had his arse handed to him by a mod there as well as several other people.

The thread is still there because they don't ban people who speak out or complain.

Jammed Up
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Go to their "Strategy and Tactics" forum and look for the "How the hackers win" post, then scroll down through it a bit.

De$eption
06-02-2013, 10:08 AM
But this is the Devin you all liked. It's me, it's just that the ban has woken up the troll in me.

Yes, it is a shame they banned me.

You should rebel against GREE.

Be who you are because that's you and you are beautiful.

Jammed Up
06-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Here's the link:

"How the hackers win, and how Gree lets them"
http://modernwarforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=566.0

De$eption
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Here's the link:

"How the hackers win, and how Gree lets them"
http://modernwarforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=566.0

The 99% health regen has been about for a very long time, many use it. I know personally four players at 1st who score big points and i maybe one of them. These 99% are everywhere, 1st,2nd,3rd, top 10, top 25, this is unstoppable, there is so many ways.

Have a wonderful battle next WD

customer:cheque please
Server: you dont have one

note: this has been known by them for a very long time, nothing has been done about it because more points = the dumb will pay more to compete

Ericinico
06-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Please no more trolling or I will delete this thread.

Ericinico
06-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Normally when I'm talking to someone in authority, I would be more respectful. But I'm going to be honest right now. I also know this is against the rules, but I feel it is necessary to do. I'm not going to say bring back Devin or anything, but I do want you to consider this before banning someone: Are they a long time forum member or are they the spamming troll? It's one thing to ban the person with 100 posts an hour who just created his or her account yesterday. Its another thing to ban a long time forum member trying to improve the game. I don't know why Devin was banned, and I'm not going to ask. All of what I'm asking is to consider how long that person has been a forum member before issuing the ban. I would like to compliment you on locking threads before they get out of hand. You guys are good at that (no sarcasm intended). One last thing, understand that we are not here to hurt you. When a player like me posts feedback like this, it is meant to HELP and GUIDE this game in a better direction. We want this game to be great, just like you. The forum members and GREE staff have their differences, but they both have one common goal: make the games better. We literally tell you how you can get us to give you money. Anyway, I hope you take these words into consideration. If you ban me then you'll prove my point. If you take my feedback, regardless of whether or not you implement it, will prove that there is a future for these forums, that they can return to the friendly environment of gamers with a common interest: Modern War. Thank you.That was an example of what I'm talking about. The one-day troll account with a hundred posts an hour. Thank you admins and mods for eliminating another termite eating away the foundation of this community.

Tito89
06-02-2013, 10:45 AM
That was an example of what I'm talking about. The one-day troll account with a hundred posts an hour. Thank you admins and mods for eliminating another termite eating away the foundation of this community.

got him, hope the real devin comes back to clear up this disaster further