PDA

View Full Version : allow officer only to start battles

crazymac
06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
i know everyone hate this .why can gree only allow officers only to start battles.this would save alot of ppl from losing there hair.

Gingeasian
06-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea but the only problem is what if none of the officers or leader are active

Claymores
06-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Could be worse - as a member of a lower syndicate we have a officer who might as well be deceased as he/she hasn't contributed any battle effort in the last 2 wars.

On another thread, I'm desparately seeking another syndicate upon the closure of this war!

Randolph
06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Claymores send me a private for that i'll hook you up

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Why do you care who starts the battles?

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Why do you care who starts the battles?There are some spies and button pushers once in a while that join your syndicate.

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Again... Why do you care who pushes the button?

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Again... Why do you care who pushes the button?some people don't use gold but they scout in my syndicate... So it's kinda hard to fight unless you have a scheduled time

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Sure... Scheduled every 60 minutes. What's the problem?

Ben Weston
06-01-2013, 04:18 PM
JHC dipstick, always the fool!

some syndicates like to run a scheduling system as part of their battle plan which will include time to recoup energy so that they can compete in the wars they start, by people starting wars when no one else in the syndicate is either in a position to fight or even online all it does is open your team up as a cash cow IP wise for other teams and waste a hideout.

I know this is teaching you to suck eggs as you are more than aware of this and just playing devils advocate/being a ****(those were actually my own stars and not the swear filter as I would rather people interpret it their own way).

Claymores
06-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Sure... Scheduled every 60 minutes. What's the problem?

I'm a relative newbie and of limited experience so forgive my naiivity.

I am in a poor syndicate at the moment with not very many members and those aren't even extremely active. Our active members are on the lower end of the scale to say the least!

We obviously get matched against equally poor syndicates. My thought is that we wait not every hour, but wait until a few online, get my lesser cohorts to take-out the HQ then let me use my battle points to get (relatively) big war points.

My sheise syndicate can't even do this - we have junior members with 4k starting battles every hour and individually taking a whole 50 points against a pop against an HQ.

Am I stupidly naiive to believe that is we wait, co-ordinate then we 'cut off the head' then it would enable me to go get some of their syndicate members @ 5000 a pop? And allow some others to go attack the opposition they have a chance to beat?

I'm whoreing myself shamelessly that want a new syndicate once this war is over :eek:

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Guess ill shut up... Maybe you guys really are that stupid. I'll stop helping.

bimmer kid
06-01-2013, 04:34 PM
lol aint that a smug

Ben Weston
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
dipstick, help is always very gratefully received, even from yourself believe it or not when its actually being given.

Claymores
06-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I found your 'help' to be unhelpful for the reasons I gave. My lowly syndicate is uncoordinated, nibbling 50 points a time at time with their battle points.

Or is it the case that you only give valid advice to other 'experts'? In which case all us newbies can GTF and you can play with yourself which you sound adept at.

Capt.Gin.
06-01-2013, 05:14 PM

No, don't shut up!

dudeman
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I found your 'help' to be unhelpful for the reasons I gave. My lowly syndicate is uncoordinated, nibbling 50 points a time at time with their battle points.

Or is it the case that you only give valid advice to other 'experts'? In which case all us newbies can GTF and you can play with yourself which you sound adept at.

Lowly and/or uncoordinated seems like the root cause of the problem. Such syndicates need every point they can get, so you should be happy some people are there to do something. You don't score points sitting around waiting and/or not fighting.

Claymores
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Lowly and/or uncoordinated seems like the root cause of the problem. Such syndicates need every point they can get, so you should be happy some people are there to do something. You don't score points sitting around waiting and/or not fighting.

Maybe you've forgotten or were never in the lower reaches - you might score 50 points a time nibbling at HQs individually. Get together to get access to the full opposition and your members on level 22 or with an attack of 5k suddenly find an opponent to whack and gain 500 with each successful attack.

In my wierd way I just find it logical, given the numbers and way people have real lives outside the game. Don't you see the maths?

If it were a mechanical thing of being online every 60 minutes to press 'open a box' then I might have taken the bollox Dikstik was dishing-out and you appear to concur with.

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Maybe you've forgotten or were never in the lower reaches - you might score 50 points a time nibbling at HQs individually. Get together to get access to the full opposition and your members on level 22 or with an attack of 5k suddenly find an opponent to whack and gain 500 with each successful attack.

In my wierd way I just find it logical, given the numbers and way people have real lives outside the game. Don't you see the maths?

If it were a mechanical thing of being online every 60 minutes to press 'open a box' then I might have taken the bollox Dikstik was dishing-out and you appear to concur with.Dikstik.... Lol

dudeman
06-01-2013, 06:36 PM

If it were a mechanical thing of being online every 60 minutes to press 'open a box' then I might have taken the bollox Dikstik was dishing-out and you appear to concur with.

Your issues are clearly communication based.

Good luck.

Claymores
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes dude, you have it sussed! I believe Dikstick is talking of the world of uber-syndicates when the objective is to start a battle every 60 mins 24/7 to get-in as many as possible.

Lesser mortals have a real world and not so much time/godlike members in their syndicate so the maths just don't stack-up. If my wee syndicate co-ordinated and took appropriate roles on our different levels then we'd score much more - I received a PM from a kindly FM with excellent tips!

On a positive note, kindly people have also PMd me that there may be a way to see Claymores in a better syndicate after this war is over. Well chuffed I am! :D

smashl3y
06-01-2013, 08:08 PM
f#ck that. im an officer, so i really shouldnt be b!tching, but let's pretend im not - what if they are asleep half way across the world and im up & ready to be active and battle? not everyone is in a top 100 syndicate cashing out for gold running syn-dictatorships.... im just trying to get by in the top 750.

p.s. yes, im cranky. i haven't slept since the battle started :rolleyes:

Claymores
06-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Pardon another newbie question smash but don't top 750 syndicates have multiple officers? Even the crap one I'm desparate to leave has 3 (tho one of us seems to be deceased! or at least to have lost the battle button.

c00guy
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM

You sure you spelt his name right? :P

bald zeemer
06-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes dude, you have it sussed! I believe Dikstick is talking of the world of uber-syndicates when the objective is to start a battle every 60 mins 24/7 to get-in as many as possible.

Lesser mortals have a real world and not so much time/godlike members in their syndicate so the maths just don't stack-up. If my wee syndicate co-ordinated and took appropriate roles on our different levels then we'd score much more - I received a PM from a kindly FM with excellent tips!

On a positive note, kindly people have also PMd me that there may be a way to see Claymores in a better syndicate after this war is over. Well chuffed I am! :D

Although this may seem the case, in actuality the big teams are less dependent on constant battling, because they can put down much bigger scores per battle. The bigger the team, the less they have to battle. I'm pretty confident that FC battles less per war than almost any other competing syndicate.

The point that Dippy was getting at was that since losing individual battles doesn't matter, the best way for teams to score points is to never let a potential point go to waste - therefore constant battling.

Claymores
06-01-2013, 09:10 PM
You sure you spelt his name right? :P

I feel I did anyway

Claymores
06-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Although this may seem the case, in actuality the big teams are less dependent on constant battling, because they can put down much bigger scores per battle. The bigger the team, the less they have to battle. I'm pretty confident that FC battles less per war than almost any other competing syndicate.

The point that Dippy was getting at was that since losing individual battles doesn't matter, the best way for teams to score points is to never let a potential point go to waste - therefore constant battling.
As a newbie, I'm willing to be shown the error of my ways as regards lower level syndicates, with fewr than maximum members, with some members of varying att/def levels. On PM I have received convincing advice of strategy rather than just tapping the fight button every hour like a tapping monkey.

The advice I received has certainly demonstrated thought and I could see it being applied to the lowly syndicate I'm currently in to gain more points rather than being tapping monkeys.

I guess my point and disdain for Dikstik's crapola is that one size does not fit all and if you want this to be a forum of elite tapping monkeys then others will simply walk away.

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
As a newbie, I'm willing to be shown the error of my ways as regards lower level syndicates, with fewr than maximum members, with some members of varying att/def levels. On PM I have received convincing advice of strategy rather than just tapping the fight button every hour like a tapping monkey.

The advice I received has certainly demonstrated thought and I could see it being applied to the lowly syndicate I'm currently in to gain more points rather than being tapping monkeys.

I guess my point and disdain for Dikstik's crapola is that one size does not fit all and if you want this to be a forum of elite tapping monkeys then others will simply walk away.

You'll be missed!

#smug

Scarface78
06-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Claymores, I send you a pm, if have interest send me a reply later...

t12pm
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM

yeah but if you don't have gold spending members or the # of members to do constant battle your only going to pull 50 points on walls and not get to the people without a schedule to get the wall down and actually get real points i think this is what he is getting at. we only fight every other battle and maintain top 50 every war, there has to be regen time somewhere if you don't use gold

Claymores
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
yeah but if you don't have gold spending members or the # of members to do constant battle your only going to pull 50 points on walls and not get to the people without a schedule to get the wall down and actually get real points i think this is what he is getting at. we only fight every other battle and maintain top 50 every war, there has to be regen time somewhere if you don't use gold

At last - someone from planet earth who doesn't have 3 billion syndicate members sitting on shedloads of gold and on standby 24/7!

Claymores
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Claymores, I send you a pm, if have interest send me a reply later...

Appreciated mate - see my reply

Claymores
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
You'll be missed!

#smug
My earlier comment of you wishing others gone so you can play with yourself seems hauntingly apt again.

crazymac
06-02-2013, 12:42 AM
well non gold group if everyone played and drained all there energy last 5 mins of battle then Joe Blow starts a fight the dl is to strong and since no one is full health can not do the power attack you pretty much killed a hour on 1 ahole button push..... plus not to say the upset of the plan attack because some ppl will attack so everything is messed up

Hitman50
06-02-2013, 12:48 AM
well non gold group if everyone played and drained all there energy last 5 mins of battle then Joe Blow starts a fight the dl is to strong and since no one is full health can not do the power attack you pretty much killed a hour on 1 ahole button push..... plus not to say the upset of the plan attack because some ppl will attack so everything is messed up

This is also called a dummy war. It can be useful to do this because some may lose when they attack your members. All in all you get free points and you can declare another battle right after. No big deal

crazymac
06-02-2013, 01:21 AM
yes but burn a lvl 8-10 wall and not every group has unlimited bricks

smashl3y
06-02-2013, 02:13 AM
true.... we have about a dozen. but i still dont like that idea. maybe its just cuz sometimes i feel like im the only battling in the wee night hours.

Pardon another newbie question smash but don't top 750 syndicates have multiple officers? Even the crap one I'm desparate to leave has 3 (tho one of us seems to be deceased! or at least to have lost the battle button.

BigNick
06-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Just state to all players that only officers can declare, if member declares instant boot after war!! A well organised syndicate (I'm thinking those consistently 250 and above) will have a system in place to tell all players "not to attack war was declared by an ahole!!" so no loss apart from one hideout! Which is what about 3million and 120 bricks. If all syndicate members are active you can get that many bricks through pvp/pve/ltq in between wars as well as all the pvp during war

crazymac
06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
true.... we have about a dozen. but i still dont like that idea. maybe its just cuz sometimes i feel like im the only battling in the wee night hours.
that when u get a officer at night or be the officer. i know we have 2 night officer ...but that dont stop the idiots to start a fight when only him is on .....440 points for a lvl 10 hideout destroyed

dudeman
06-02-2013, 12:55 PM
yes but burn a lvl 8-10 wall and not every group has unlimited bricks

If you're having that issue you probably don't have your bonuses maxed, do you? Keep wasting that cash on walls and you probably never will.

Dipstik
06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Dudeman... These guys don't even understand how a syndicate battle works. They just want a little clique where they pretend the officer tag means something. Don't try to help.

MattThomas08
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
If you're having that issue you probably don't have your bonuses maxed, do you? Keep wasting that cash on walls and you probably never will.

A few things to add to this thread:

There are a bunch of different ways to skin a cat. I personally see the value of a lower level syndicate sitting out and waiting for regen. The other option would be to do dummy battles, but you have to be coordinated enough to actually sit out while a war is going on. This is often not the case.

The reasoning behind waiting is that for every battle you go into, there's an entry fee of sorts to take down the DL and hideout, if one exists. If you don't have a player high enough to take down the DL in one hit, that's 8 hits you waste to get there plus the hideout. You want to maximize the hits you get with the hideout down, so having full health at the start of battle is the best way to accomplish this.

Also, if you're a low level group, you shouldn't be spending money on nice hideouts. W/L doesn't matter, so invest your money in something worthwhile. The difference the hideout is going to make against the other few hundred groups that will be in your target IP range's points scored is pretty minimal.

c00guy
06-02-2013, 01:44 PM

^^^^^^^ this

Lonestoner
06-02-2013, 02:16 PM
This is also called a dummy war. It can be useful to do this because some may lose when they attack your members. All in all you get free points and you can declare another battle right after. No big deal

This thread is not the appropriate place for logic! It is way beyond repair.. Just give up, they'll never understand :D

madfighters
06-08-2013, 10:51 AM
i have to agree with that idea