PDA

View Full Version : What decides who your Rivals are?

SPARKS
06-01-2013, 01:18 AM
I have 2 accounts on iPhone and iPad. My phone account is level 130 with 140k attack and 164k defense. My iPad account is level 145 with 110k attack and 110k defense. Both are ranked Major. I dropped both accounts down to 490 allies to see how that would change up my rivals list. On my 145 account I saw a drastic difference. I was being matched up with rivals who were a lot easier targets Captains, and even Sergeants. However, with my level 130 account I saw no change, maybe even a worse advantage for me. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about rival matching or someone that could shed some light on anything relating to it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sparks

Hooligany
06-01-2013, 01:28 AM
I think dropping 10 allies off the possible 500 don't make much diff. Try dropping more

SPARKS
06-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Dropped to 450 on my level 130 and no change. I saw a difference on my 145 account with 498 allies. I'm guessing once you reach a certain attack or defense somewhere between 110k and 160k (kinda broad I know) it puts you in a different bracket of rivals. Just a thought

SPARKS
06-01-2013, 03:32 AM
If this helps explaining the situation at all

iPhone iPad
Level- 130 145
Rank- Major Major
Allies- 450 498
Attack- 140k 110k
Defense- 164k 110k
Started Playing- Dec2013 April2012

It just doesn't make since to me how they match rivals up.

manbeast
06-01-2013, 04:50 AM
I am also interested in hearing this. They have made many changes to the rival list over time. I use to know how it worked but now I have no idea.

With my lvl 153 account I can see rivals lvl 145-155 or so. But I get attacked by people who are lvl 200...?

I have a lvl 215 account with 400k stats. Can see lvl 140-250. But what is really weird is that almost every single rival I see is stronger than me. Takes about 15 minutes of cruising the rivals list to find someone with less than 400k which I think is ridiculous

Zulfiqaar
06-01-2013, 05:00 AM
Cant prove it but i heard somewhere that the rivals list is the 1000 player above and below you...but i doubt it as 90-95% of my rival list is much (up to 4x) weaker than me, its very hard to lose a fight (blind attack, esp as android display glitch), and even harder to find anybody worth attacking :/

2nd Sea Raiders
06-01-2013, 05:44 AM
I have super easy rivals. I am a lvl 72 with 510 allies. Although I can only bring 385 to battle. I have 75k Atk. and 82k Def.

PITA4PRES
06-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Once you hit level 130, you are supposedly in the whale zone where players who are many levels above you see you on their rivals list but you don't see them. So someone who is level 200 may show people who are level 130 and can attack them, but if you are a level 130 player you may only see a few levels above and below you. There have been many people requesting that this be changed. I don't know why exactly it is this way, but it is possible that HLP like that may not have as much competition at their levels and need a larger range so that they are not constantly attacking and raiding the same people. I also know people used to get a lot of allies that were right about the same level they were so those people couldn't raid or attack them. As a result this caused many people to have very few players to attack or raid, so they changed how the list worked and made it so allies could show up on your list. Gree regularly makes changes to the game and people always complain about not being notified beforehand because it prevents them from reviewing and changing their strategy. The game needs changes, or it will get boring. People just have to learn to roll with it. When there is a glitch or bug in the game, that is a different issue entirely and needs to be fixed.

Philly982
06-01-2013, 08:08 AM
The fact of the matter is that the rivals list is beyond terrible compared to the old system, at least for Android players anyways. I used to be one of the strongest players on my rivals list, but now like Manbeast mentioned, most are much stronger than me now, especially after I went on a little gold spending spree. Being on Android and having the game crash after visiting a rival or two, I just dropped doing PVP all together as it is just not entertaining anymore to visit a rival that is stronger, have the game crash, and then repeat the exact same process over the next two hours.

I believe the current system it is based off of your stats and level more than your ally number now. I can see 4 levels below mine and 4 above. I tested this out with a faction mate who is the same level as I am, but he has 50k less attack and 100k less defense than me. We reduced the number of allies to the same and compared our respective rival lists. He also sees +/- 4 levels, but his rivals were considerably much weaker than my list was which led us to believe that the stronger you become the worse rival list you will have irregardless of your level or ally count. I am not sure why Gree choose to go this route, as there has been over 29 different threads regarding the despise of this newer rival algorithm, but like many things in this game, it is what it is......nothing more nothing less, but it has saved me a lot of real $.

SPARKS
06-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all the info

gcfreem
06-01-2013, 06:41 PM
I have super easy rivals. I am a lvl 72 with 510 allies. Although I can only bring 385 to battle. I have 75k Atk. and 82k Def.

This makes no sense to me. I'm level 74 106k att 132k def and I have a hard time finding anyone I can beat.

Selfproclaimed
06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Before. It used to be based off of level and Allie count with a range of +- some levels and allies. But Now, I remember one of the Mods, stating a change in the rivals list formula. The main change they made was adding in similar strength. That's why you'll see someone with even 1/4 of the allies in your rivals because they are as strong if not stronger even with lower allies. Now for someone like myself and others in the higher levels. It's tough. Even with good stats, it matches us up with the biggest whales in the game with more than triple our stats. Is that similar,of course not but that's gree. Like manbeast, we have to search our rivals forever to find someone we can beat. AND appearances are deceiving because with this battle list stat issue, even when we find someone we are supposed to be able to beat. We are still losing them battles half the time with someone's stats 200k+ lower than our own,lol. It's messed up. Grees response to it was that the opponents def. is actually higher than what it shows. BUT again, that is INCORRECT. Because someone who has 300K attack HIGHER than MY defense should win. However they lose to me too. So is that saying my defense is higher than even what I see .. No. It's simply messed up

anonymousMW
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
This is not new.
Levels +200 / 250, attacking levels 140/150
People find you, it can find a specified person.
Are many who can do that. Registration is not using the attacks.
As they do? ...

Selfproclaimed
06-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Whale zone is not new. Changing the formula adding in similar strength happened a couple months ago or so.

Generik79
06-01-2013, 10:14 PM
What decides...?

God and Man at GREE.