PDA

View Full Version : sirius, please provide a SPECIFIC rule being broken when you lock a thread

montecore
05-31-2013, 11:17 PM
i would have PMed you but you need to adjust your account settings to accept PMs first. as a moderator, that should be a priority.

anyway, sometimes when you lock a thread the reason is clear, but most of the time it isnt. please provide a specific rule violation instead of just linking to the whole list. it will lead to much better forum behavior.

thanks.

TZora
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
you know, i've noticed a trend here on the forums. for a couple of days, there's no moderation. and then some major trolling begins. then the moderators appear out of nowhere .. close close threads .. ban ban people.

is it that hard to keep a constant check .. like .. 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening? and of course, clearing your private messages folder .. please clear it so that ppl can write their problems directly to you instead of creating 10s of new threads ...

montecore
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
i see what you are getting at. fine, i will agree to moderate the forums on a volunteer basis.

Sirius
05-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Gotcha!

Outside of pasting that rule link in most of my postings I will post a little extra in regards to this. Please note I don't want to close down a thread, but sometimes many derail it or it gets to a point that is just not cool an it serves no point in moving forward.

I know transparency is a big deal all around and we will try our best on this.

Thanks,

~Sirius

montecore
05-31-2013, 11:57 PM
i appreciate it. but please turn on PMs. siriusly

Sirius
06-01-2013, 12:14 AM
I will have this addressed shortly but I will note that pming me regarding support request or non forum related issues won't do.

Support handles Support. I want (as does all staff here) to help everyone on their issues as best we can, par take in discussions and report the latest information we can to you.

~Sirus

the_brein
06-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Gotcha!

Outside of pasting that rule link in most of my postings I will post a little extra in regards to this. Please note I don't want to close down a thread, but sometimes many derail it or it gets to a point that is just not cool an it serves no point in moving forward.

Thanks,

~Siriusthank you sir. You are very reasonable.

TZora
06-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Sirius (or Sirus?), "this" is what i've been waiting to see on these forums. mods/admins getting more involved with the crowd.

back when i worked at mcdonald's, there was a manager who used to say .. did you run the shift, or the shift make u run?

the forum should be under your control, not the control of the crowd. so why stay mute for so long and allow people to troll? trolling happens mainly when the mods/admins do not reply and do not offer assistance "in time".

so you tell me, do you run the forums or do the forums make you run? because that's what i see, you guys get on your feet when the trolls begin trolling like hell and trust me, sometimes i thank trolls in my heart because they at least get you guys to speak up at the cost of their accounts.

TZora
06-01-2013, 03:50 AM
another thing i'm dying to know is, why is gree cutting down on their manpower when you guys need more crew so badly? come on, i'm not asking you to share some top secret of your company, i'm just asking where is this game going in a few months from now with the way support issues are handled within your under-staffed offices. don't think i'm asking for too much, am i?

MattThomas08
06-01-2013, 04:43 AM
another thing i'm dying to know is, why is gree cutting down on their manpower when you guys need more crew so badly? come on, i'm not asking you to share some top secret of your company, i'm just asking where is this game going in a few months from now with the way support issues are handled within your under-staffed offices. don't think i'm asking for too much, am i?

Gree is a pretty large company and I think, if I remember correctly, that the layoffs were in a sector unrelated to the funzio games. I think the reports of downsizing are overblown and the idea that Gree is dumping the games they paid hundreds of millions of $ for is a little ridiculous.

At worst, they'd be selling the games, which would explain the extreme frequency of wars to show recent profit margin spikes. Sorry to take this off topic from OP though. Probably will result in a lock.

reras
06-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Sirius (or Sirus?), "this" is what i've been waiting to see on these forums. mods/admins getting more involved with the crowd.

back when i worked at mcdonald's, there was a manager who used to say .. did you run the shift, or the shift make u run?

the forum should be under your control, not the control of the crowd. so why stay mute for so long and allow people to troll? trolling happens mainly when the mods/admins do not reply and do not offer assistance "in time".

so you tell me, do you run the forums or do the forums make you run? because that's what i see, you guys get on your feet when the trolls begin trolling like hell and trust me, sometimes i thank trolls in my heart because they at least get you guys to speak up at the cost of their accounts.

Just love your posts!

Lipstick
06-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Me too

Quoted in sig

Lipstick
06-01-2013, 07:07 AM

Thanks,

~Sirius

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003529519/476572404_22713711_xlarge.png

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 07:13 AM
I still don't know why I was banned last time. Said "flaming" in the reason, but I also know homophobic remarks are against the rules so I was confused.

TZora
06-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Just love your posts!

appreciate the kind words :)

I still don't know why I was banned last time. Said "flaming" in the reason, but I also know homophobic remarks are against the rules so I was confused.

as far as i understand, ur post or even anyone's post has nothing to do with the "intensity" of the offense. all that counts is what "mood" are the mods in at the time trolling is at peak lol. and then comes out the sword .. slit slit whoever in sight :D

Lipstick
06-01-2013, 07:25 AM

Maybe they thought the L was a D?

Lurker
06-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Montecore, funny that you should write about transparency and openness given which syndicate you belong to.....LOL.

That being said, I second your comment on mods being clear on thread locking reasons. It definitely leads to a better run forum.

PS - why are SAS cheats still in the game?

i would have PMed you but you need to adjust your account settings to accept PMs first. as a moderator, that should be a priority.

anyway, sometimes when you lock a thread the reason is clear, but most of the time it isnt. please provide a specific rule violation instead of just linking to the whole list. it will lead to much better forum behavior.

thanks.

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 07:42 AM
What are you doing, you idiot?! Don't give these f**kers what they want! Keep this up and you're losing your job!You got banned!

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 07:50 AM
You were banned for being yourself.Actually, I think you are

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Your posts make no sense. Start making sense or I'll give you another ban.You don't make any sense because you are not CJ54. Sirius, can you close this thread??

K-Dawg
06-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I am CJ54. But I know that you are not (CCK) Cam. If you don't want me to blow your cover, I recommend you STFU.

Everyone knows that moderators have red names and no pictures of actual people in their profile. Have a nice day. I would say see you later but I'm afraid I won't :)

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 08:27 AM
I think we'll see him again.

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Work kicking my butt recently, but good! You?

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm an idiot you know that right?Yes I do. Lol

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Finally this fake CJ is banned, he was starting to annoy me.

(CCK) Cam
06-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks admin!

Dipstik
06-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Boy you sure showed him!

#smug

Lipstick
06-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Admin 1

Trolls 1,000

Dipstik