PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix released 5/31/13

The Wise One
05-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

We've made a ton of progress on the lag and issues that were hampering general gameplay earlier today. We appreciate all the patience while we sorted this out. We've released a hotfix that will cause you to reload the game and the issues should be 80-100% fixed once you re-enter.

If you're still experiencing issues, please force the game to manually save by going into My Knights > Select your main Knight > OK. Once that is done restart your device.

If you're still running into issues, please post it in this thread, including weirdness that you're running into prior to this. I'll check back and see what we can find. Again, thanks for all the patience while we were working on this.

deathexe
05-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the quick fix Wise One! Appreciate it :)

Aradan
05-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Thank you this is definitely nicer. Ran into a bug though where game didn't register any of my guild questing(was doing "kill 150 monsters with special attack". I killed 49 but said 0. After i did do a restart the game updated to my actual count so it worked, but it still exists.

Also when can we see this for android? I saw an update not to long ago, but it only brought in the new boiler armor(without even a gem sale or 3x chance of getting it sadly)

BethMo
05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Weird glitch that just happened: I killed the level 37 epic boss. The game displayed the Epic Boss Rewards chart, but with the progress bar showing only level 15 or so. It stayed like that just long enough for me to panic and think it had wiped out a whole day's worth of progress. Then it cleared the bar completely for a moment, then refilled to the (correct) level 37. Then the "X" button to close the window went dark for a second or two, then it went back to normal. The game locked up; tapping the X did nothing. I waited a couple of minutes and hard-reset the game, and everything seems to be fine now.

Baobaoboo
05-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Nice job with the quick bug fixes, sure do appreciate it :)

RevzZ
05-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Well..I've already contacted Gree about last week's problem about not getting + version of Jian but that can wait until you've fixed and smoothed everything out I guess.

Jello
05-31-2013, 11:14 PM
I though I screwed something up today. I started playing Thursday night and didn't like how I started out, so I wanted to wipe the game and start fresh. I deleted the game from my iPhone Friday about 10am, then reloaded it. It loaded, did some updates, then some more updates, and then all the trouble started with lag and not playing like it was Thursday night. I thought I screwed something up. Got fed up with it last night and wiped it out again, powered off/on the iphone, then reloaded. Of course, that didn't fix it either...

Now I see this thread. I did what it said and it asked to reload the game. I did, and the lag is still there.... not as heavy - it was sometimes 15-20 seconds before I could do anything, now it's 8-10 seconds. I tried doing the instructions again, as well as closing the game completely (double tap home button, press and hold the icon for the - sign, then close the game), and restart it, with the same results.

** Other things I've noticed in the past 30 minutes:

- The enhance armor is still messed up - it doesn't magically fuse the four mannequins onto the main one. It stays on the screen where you click "Enhance" then 10-15 seconds later, shows the mannequin screen with a black flashing silhouette of armor. The enhancement is done properly, the visuals of the actual enhancement process is not.

- When the Armorsmith completes a piece of armor, no matter what you're doing in the game, everything freezes for 5-10 seconds. If you're not in battle or doing something of importance, the "Armor Complete" screen will popup.

- When in battle, after the 4th stage when it says "Victory", it will lag for about 10-12 seconds then the "You're rewards are:" screen will popup.

- When I click on the red "SALE" button, it will lag for 12 seconds then the "News Bulletin" window will popup. It doesn't matter if I just had the window open a few seconds before, it still takes 12 seconds to open. The blue "SALE" button for the "One-Time Offer!" will popup right away.

- Also, I should have the ability to produce Basic Water Armor+ and Basic Spirit Armor+, but it only gives me the option to make the non+. I CAN make Earth+ and Fire+.

** Some things I'd like to see (mind you, I've only been playing for a day and a half, I'm level 25, and I'm working on Writing Cascades area):

- On the XP bar, it would be nice if it showed the amount of XP you have and how much is needed to level (like the health meter). Maybe move the "Lvl xx" into the XP symbol. Maybe look like (the XP symbol is the ()):
---------------------
(25) 4800/14500 |
---------------------

- An option to turn off the same popups every time I go into the game! Sometimes I go into the game 10 times an hour to collect coins and start crafting more armor. EVERY time I go into the game I'm bombarded with 2 or 3 popups! I paid $9.99 for some coins/gems and yet I still get hit every time with the "One Time Offer" window for $1.99 2,000 coins/10 gems. Then the News Bulletin, and now you have the 20% bonus gem offer. Please... sometimes I just want to get into the game, do my thing, and get out.

- A way to STOP the "Special Attack" if you've accidentally pressed it. Sometimes I may press it too soon as a reflex when I see the meter full, when I don't really want to use it until 2 or 3 attacks later and know I won't have enough to fill the bar again for the boss kill. Maybe a little red X pops up when it's active before you're next attack. If you're not pressing the >> button, there would be plenty of time to cancel it.

If i find other quirks to post, I will do so in detail.

Thanks,
AJ (Jello)

fongchowpay
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Bug report:
my game crashes everytime i try to exit out of the guild screen. seems to only be once i press the red X on the "my guild screen"

ASWRosenbach
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Had no issues until I just did the rather long loading update. Since then, I get either a black screen or a crash. Not the best start <wry smile>. Will reboot the device...but meh.

KnD
06-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi wise one, I am still having issues as we discussed in other thread, still cannot open the game... Redownloaded from App Store just now but has made no difference

Howzee87
06-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Had noticed a fair bit of lag before the hotfix and some since (mainly when going into my armorsmiths, whether or not they are currently crafting). Mild though ~ 3-5 seconds, so it's not a big bother.

I did experience a big issue when I did the major update yesterday though. I updated through the App Store then opened the app a little while later. When I did it started the updating process and the progress bar was very unreliable - climbing to 50% then dropping back to 30% then climbing back up to 70% then dropping back to 50% and so on. This didn't really bother me as I know how fickle progress bars are.
The biggest issue is that when it reached 100% it froze there for about 3 minutes. I left my phone (assuming the progress bar reached 100% before it was actually done) and came back to it about 10 minutes later and it was still frozen at 100%.
I hard-closed the game (crossed out from task bar) then re-opened it. The loading splash screen appeared as usual but then went black. It stayed likethat for a minute or two so I hard-closed it again and re-opened. Same thing - loading splash screen then black.
I left my phone for a few minutes and when I came back to it the game automatically re-opened and worked fine.

It really freaked me out because I thought I may have had to delete and re-install and I was worried I might lose all my progress - thankfully it sorted it self out :-)

aaa13
06-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Guild menu and its submenus are still superslow.

KnD
06-01-2013, 03:46 AM
I've just noticed in the App Store it's still v1.2 ( the big update ) would u be able to release a v1.21 or something with the hotfix applied as I'm unable to open the game I am unable to acquire the needed hotfix

Adagio
06-01-2013, 04:07 AM
After every battle the game crashes???

Ominousz
06-01-2013, 04:28 AM
im still experiencing lags and crashes all over the game ://
when i fuze armors, when i hire friends, whenever i kill the boss, the boss even returns to the lvls it was prior the crash :S

bring back temporarily the previous version till this gets sorted out? =)

Matty-cakes
06-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Mine seems to be working great now after I restarted my phone once this morning. No lag and no bugs that I've noticed so far.

ASWRosenbach
06-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Have not been able to do anything. Did cycle through the long download again for reasons I don't understand, but still either frozen or black screen.

Level 108...not inclined to start over.

Justice711
06-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Wise One, my guild still doesn't work. Thanks.

Jello
06-01-2013, 09:19 AM
OK. I'm done with this game after a day and a half. I'm sorry I walked into a major update with 1.2 and the guild stuff. It seems as though it wasn't tested very well and if this is a sign of things to come, I don't want to waste my time in the game. For 4 hours this morning I've done the same exact things... over and over and over. I'm at 47,000 gold working my way up to 50k to buy a training field. I collect the gold I need to, demolish 2 cathedrals, add the training field, do a couple of PvP and a Writhing Cascade Normal run, then exit the game. I come back in and it's like it keeps reloading from the point where I have 47k gold and don't have the training field anymore. It's an 8hr build time and in 4 hours I have no progress and no training field. I think it all started when I accepted a guild invite this morning. I've tried to remove myself from the guild but the problem keeps recurring! Until I see an update (1.21 like suggested above) or 1.3, I'm done wasting my time.

And this game chews up battery life more than any other game. I thought Dragon Skies was bad... DS trickles the battery compared to this game even with sound off and low brightness set.

Varza
06-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Jello, will you believe me if I say, it was a lot better before the update. Yeah, I suppose your timing was just bad. I am also somewhat annoyed with the current state of the game, but I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

BethMo
06-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Still getting lag and/or freeze-ups, especially
* after completing a friend battle, lags or freezes on the "collect and resign" screen
* after crafting armor
* after looking at guild chat
* on opening guild member screen (can't even scroll down to see rest of members, complete freeze)

jamiedmc
06-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I tried your suggestion above and forcing the game to save... and it still didn't work! I keep losing any progress that I have made, in the arena, the boss and even the adventure. I am afraid to stop playing the game because I will lose all my work! Even if I just let my phone sit for a minute and it goes into sleep mode, when I click it back on, the game has to reload entirely (never did that before) and I have lost all my work. If I stop playing for even a minute, I lose my progress!
I have also noticed the long lag between arena fights during double down after hitting "proceed" button.
I have been unable to use certain armors for fusing even tho I have them and they are unequipped.
I have seen the animation problems during enhancement.
The arena is biggest problem as I keep getting fights taken away from me and thus losing all that energy and I am falling far down the ranks. Same with boss... I have beaten level 36 boss 5 times over last 4 hours... getting nowhere and losing time!

New problem:
Can't scroll thru my armors in the fusion master. I can only see/select the first 4 or 5 armors. The screen won't scroll to the right, whether it is for enhancement or for fusion.
Oh, and also lost all of my guild invites, and not getting any more, nor any more friend requests. It could just be that none are being sent of course, but that would be pretty unusual.

Ziploc
06-01-2013, 01:26 PM
New problem : I'm getting a lot of lag whenever I open a screen that holds all my armors. I have to wait several minutes for it to unfreeze. :(

The Wise One
06-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. Additionally if you're running into lagging issues still, please provide your friend code and we can investigate it.

Adagio
06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
I messages you my friend code an my issues but here's my code again-XBC HPP MNV

KnD
06-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I have also sent you a message The Wise One

Thank you.

BillDoorDe
06-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi, The Wise One,

The game doesn`t work for me for the last 2 days, i.e, since the update. Whenever i start, i get the error code 100007. I deleted the game from the iPhone, rebooted the phone, nothing works, always error 100007.
Do you have any suggestions how i should go on? Its a pity i cant play anymore, since i already reached lvl73 and spent some money on gems as well. It`s by far my favorite game, i am really desperate...;o)

Greetings

Lord William

Jello
06-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. Additionally if you're running into lagging issues still, please provide your friend code and we can investigate it.

Wise One... Sent you a PM.

Epon
06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Have to laugh at the response I got from Gree when I sent in a ticket for the 3 gems that I lost during a game crash. I have to "contact" the people that put out the videos. Yeah, sure. I'm supposed to find out who put out the videos for the Simpsons game and complain to them that Gree's game crashed and I didn't get my 3 gems? Seriously. Like they would even care. Obviously Gree doesn't.

Now 3 gems isn't that big a deal, but I would have expected a little more consideration given that it was the whole update that kept causing the game to crash and lose data.

Justice711
06-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Have to laugh at the response I got from Gree when I sent in a ticket for the 3 gems that I lost during a game crash. I have to "contact" the people that put out the videos. Yeah, sure. I'm supposed to find out who put out the videos for the Simpsons game and complain to them that Gree's game crashed and I didn't get my 3 gems? Seriously. Like they would even care. Obviously Gree doesn't.

Now 3 gems isn't that big a deal, but I would have expected a little more consideration given that it was the whole update that kept causing the game to crash and lose data.

I agree. What they say may be true.. But the delivery to us as gamers can be improve... Sometimes, they really don't sound like "SUPPORT"!!

The Wise One
06-01-2013, 08:12 PM

We don't have control over any of those video ads including the data. That means we wouldn't be able to verify if it was completed or not.

Nieriel
06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I see a vast improvement over how the game was behaving when I first updated.

I still have one small issue. I have a piece of armor that does not show up when I go to enhance a piece of armor!

My specific issue is that I have a Hydra Hunter's Mail+ that will show when you choose a base armor set if you choose to Enhance armor, but otherwise cannot be selected.

I thought maybe one of my knights were wearing it, but I checked adventuring, arena and Epic Boss teams and I don't see any of my knights wearing the Hydra Hunter's Mail+

I would really like to use it to enhance my Jian's Battlegear, but for now I cannot. I have saved and rebooted with no help.

I might be missing something and perhaps one of my knights is actually wearing the HHM+, but if that is true I have no idea how to find it.

The Wise One
06-01-2013, 11:38 PM
I see a vast improvement over how the game was behaving when I first updated.

I still have one small issue. I have a piece of armor that does not show up when I go to enhance a piece of armor!

My specific issue is that I have a Hydra Hunter's Mail+ that will show when you choose a base armor set if you choose to Enhance armor, but otherwise cannot be selected.

I thought maybe one of my knights were wearing it, but I checked adventuring, arena and Epic Boss teams and I don't see any of my knights wearing the Hydra Hunter's Mail+

I would really like to use it to enhance my Jian's Battlegear, but for now I cannot. I have saved and rebooted with no help.

I might be missing something and perhaps one of my knights is actually wearing the HHM+, but if that is true I have no idea how to find it.

The armor issue is known at the moment. It's being worked on at the moment. Glad to hear the games working as intended for the most part.

BillDoorDe
06-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi, The Wise One,

you are asking for the friend code, so you can help with the problems. Well, since i cannot enter the game and i do not know my friend-code by heart, does that mean i dont have a chance to get back into the game? That would be a real pity. After several reboots of the iPhone,deleting the game and rebooting, then reloading it from the app-store, i still always get the error code 100007 whenever i start. Also, in the splash screen displayed on loading, it tells me to finish the tutorial to gain 5 gems and 500g. Since i was lvl73 before the upgrade, i am scared i will have lost all my progress when (or if) i ever get back playing.

Grettings

Lord William (who doesn't know his friend code by heart)

Jello
06-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Wise One... This is the data from when I go to email support issues:

Timestamp: 2013-53-02 09:53:07
Client: KDiOS
Player ID: 2001654718
Friend Code: XBCWNVZFR
Device: iPhone4,1
Store: Appstore
OS Type: iOS
OS Version: 6.1.3
Client Version: 1.2.0
Client Build: 23506
Server Version: 16
Content Path: 13

I'm still having lag issues when i try to collect any items, such as after win/lose in arenas and battles, armor is crafted, gems received, chest opening, or when any type of graphical animation occurs such as adding/upgrading buildings, enhancing armor, bosses in battles won "float away/ disentigrate", etc.

The lags last anywhere from 8-12 seconds and are extremely annoying. It makes doing anything take 3x longer! Starting up the game (at the loading bar) whether I was in the game before and switched apps, or closed the game out completely, takes a good 45-60 seconds. It also seems to depend on how many popups it has to show (sale/news, finished armor crafting, etc).

I originally installed v1.12 of the game on Thursday which was the day before v1.20 came out. Everything worked great. I updated to v1.20 on Friday which is when all the problems started. It seems like something is corrupt in my profile, or there is a bad/corrupt file on my iPhone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times, 3 different ways: (1) Delete game from iPhone, then reinstall from app store, (2) Delete game from iPhone, turn off iPhone completely and reboot then install from app store, and (3) Delete game from iPhone, reboot iPhone, download game from iTunes store on my pc and then sync iPhone to itunes to install it that way. Somewhere in all that i did the hotfix as well as suggested. Saturday morning from 8-12 i couldnt make any progress. the game would keep crashing and when i start it back up, any money, arenas, and battles would be reverted back to when i started playing at 8am as if i never did them.

I loaded the game on my wife's iphone last night, and she has no issues. Everything works as it should so I know its not server lag issues, which makes it even more frustrating because I did more on her game in an hour than i was able to do all day Saturday!

Also, look back at Post #7 in this thread as those issues are still happening as well. Please fix my account.

Thank You,
AJ (Jello)

Jello
06-02-2013, 12:52 PM
It's been fixed (at least my profile has been)! Thank you support team. I was playing the game when all of a sudden a screen popped up and said "You must reload to continue". I did and it loaded faster and everything as far as I can tell is back to normal. I haven't enhanced any armor yet, but did some PvP and opened a few screens that were slow before, and are not slow anymore.

aaa13
06-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Guild screen still super slow. (friend code: XBB-HBR-NVM)

Varza
06-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Guild chat acts a bit weird for me at times. At first I couldn't see my messages, although they had been sent. Shortly thereafter, the game crashes (closes) and I have to reopen it. When I reopened it, I saw my sent messages that I couldn't see before. Is this a known issue or should I send you my friend code to investigate?

Adagio
06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Wise one plz, I got the re load pop up, but my game is still super slow and crashes even more!!!!!! Like what are you guys doing over there???!?!!?? I'm sick of updates that are incomplete and a group that fails to fix it quickly!

Lcharlie
06-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Same here. It is running worse for me. The game is fine for a few minutes and then it is unplayable and I have to restart.

KnD
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM
I still can't even get past the splash screen :(

Raistmar
06-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I've never really been a guy that pays too much attention to details but I've come across a potential bug.

So with the current weekly epic boss being spr/earth a lot of my friends are wearing either regalia or dark prince. I'n aware that regalia was supposed to have a higher atk but lower def compared to regalia. So it got me wondering when the friends I have wearing regalia have 1392/1162 and friends wearing dark prince had 1392/1215.

So I asked around and found out that regalia should have 1525/1162 while dark prince should have 1436/1215 without guild bonus. I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I'm quite short on dmg from regalia as well as dark prince. I'm currently at lvl 48 and the boss is starting to deal some heavy dmg and every bit of extra dmg will help.

So is this the same for everyone or am I just the odd man out?

Code: XBB-MCN-MYN

Edit: added my code.

Hakurou
06-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for the improvements in gameplay due to the last two patches, but im also still experiencing a few bugs which id like to share.
First of all, when im changing from Guild interface to the normal one, the Game sometimes gets either very laggy or freezes completely forcing me to restart the App.
Secondly i couldnt see neither my posts nor the posts from others in Guild chat. Had to restart the App. several Times to fix this.
And third, im also experiencing the problem that i cant pick an armor to upgrade another...in my case half-dragon to enhance half-dragon+...already checked and none of my knights is wearing it.

Help would be appreciated friend Code is: XBB-WXQ-WPX

Thank you.

dragonfuser
06-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I'm still experiencing a lot of lag and I can't progress in the arena, it keeps reverting. Very frustrating.
I already filed a support ticket but also posting here to let you folks know that for some the game still is not working.
Luckily it's Monday so less time to play :p
Hopefully when I'm done working the game will be running smoothly.

My friend code: XBB-YNP-DDX

knicholascarlson
06-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi all,

The serious problem that I have is the Guild Chat keeps disconnecting me so I can't lead my guild properly. I receive messages from one who I made the High Commander especially because of this error so he can chat with others and add people.

He also believes that we should be able to fight others but that event section is not set up yet on my side.

I have reinstalled from the iTunes shop.
I have also sent a message to GREE support.

iPhone 5
Durham, UK
Nick
BLAZING SUN GUILD
XBB-PMC-FXR

Jman
06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Bug report:
my game crashes everytime i try to exit out of the guild screen. seems to only be once i press the red X on the "my guild screen"

Same thing happens to me.

The Wise One
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the friend codes. We're looking into it.

jamiedmc
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I am seeing that same issue with the regalia and dark prince... I am over level 100 so I doubt there should be any cap? Not sure, but the numbers are definitely off....

L C
06-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Perhaps it's the 2% guild bonus.
-I confess that I didn't double check what numbers you are seeing that are incorrect though.

BethMo
06-03-2013, 03:10 PM
The numbers I see are
1525/1162 for maxed admiral without guild bonus
1555/1185 for maxed admiral with bonus

1436/1215 for maxed prince without guild bonus
1464/1239 for maxed prince with bonus

Raistmar is looking at the same armor on his friends list and seeing lower attack numbers with the same defense numbers. (He showed us screenshot in Line Messenger.) So it's clearly a bug.

knicholascarlson
06-03-2013, 05:08 PM
They (GREE) asked me if I tried reinstalling the app. But in my message I said I have. I replied yes, but I will try again. I don't think they read the whole message.

Adagio
06-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Will deleting the app delete all your data? iPod 4

knicholascarlson
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
The high commander changed my leadership and made himself guild leader. Thus I removed myself from the guild. This is because I could not chat with my guild.

Please don't make things active when they are unstable!!!!! It f*@#$d everything up. I am very disjointed!!!!

Adagio
06-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I know. They're retarted for releasing an incomplete update

L C
06-03-2013, 05:43 PM
The numbers I see are
1525/1162 for maxed admiral without guild bonus
1555/1185 for maxed admiral with bonus

1436/1215 for maxed prince without guild bonus
1464/1239 for maxed prince with bonus

Raistmar is looking at the same armor on his friends list and seeing lower attack numbers with the same defense numbers. (He showed us screenshot in Line Messenger.) So it's clearly a bug.

Agreed. Clearly a bug if he sees something else for same "friends."
For the record, I see the same as you.

Sir.
06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Will deleting the app delete all your data? iPod 4

No, your data will be saved. After reinstalling you can start from the last point it saved.

I know. They're retarted for releasing an incomplete update

Very constructive... If you don't have anything to say, then don't say anything.

Raistmar
06-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Seems like my issue with the dark prince and regalia armor is fixed. How bout yours Jamie?

The Wise One
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM
No, your data will be saved. After reinstalling you can start from the last point it saved.

Very constructive... If you don't have anything to say, then don't say anything.

Ditto. Thanks for the help keeping the forums going forward.