PDA

View Full Version : The Day After: What Do You Want From Gree?

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-31-2013, 03:39 PM
As the title suggests, yesterday was not a good day for any person or entity here.

I would like an open thread that is CONSTRUCTIVE to assist Gree in improving our gaming experience. Saying "I want my money back!" Or "I want 250 Pounders" Is for a different thread. This one looks at what they can do starting today.

My choice: I would like to know whether some mechanism is being created to catch health hackers.

junkkicker
05-31-2013, 03:44 PM
I would like answers that do not contain the words "soon", "later this week" or "eventually". I would settle for a summary of changes whenever they make a data push.

vorm
05-31-2013, 03:52 PM
That's pretty much it. They need to find a way to convince all of us that everything possible is being done to find and ban hackers. Both finding ways to stop them and convince us they are doing so is no small task. It will take more than just telling us that everything possible is being done, because anymore most of us don't believe it and the reason we don't is because more and more of them are found by members of the MW community all the time. They can't wait for other players to find them, they must be proactive and actively hunt for them. That is the only way the community will be happy, and the only way we will believe something is being done is for us to see results, and results being that it becomes very rare for players to find hackers out there. Plus for anyone who is even contemplate doing it to know that they will be caught by Gree and have there accounts banned within hours.

Paul Wall
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
When was the last time we got a definitive answer on anything? I don't think there's anything we want more than healthy communication between us and admin. If the admin haven't noticed yet, the forums are mostly about the lack of communication from the admin. I only ask that we get clear information and better explanations from the admin.

It sucks that this has turned into a school yard where admin is only around to scold and not help a dang thing.

Sirius
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi folks,

Please keep things constructive and thought out. There is no need for bashing/insulting or calling out any staff. Please note the forum rules below and I look forward to reading the discussion.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

sir elmo
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi folks,

Please keep things constructive and thought out. There is no need for bashing/insulting or calling out any staff. Please note the forum rules below and I look forward to reading the discussion.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

What do I want? THIS is the problem! All we hear from Gree is they want to hear from us on matters and give them our suggestions. However, when we do give them our advise here we get a lame lip service response from a certain other person to do it through support in which all we ever hear from those people is " thanks you for your suggestion however we are not considering this as an option." Every suggestion i have ever sen to them gets that same response. I am sick and tired of hearing all the BS from all the admins and developers on here and all the "send it here" and send it there attitudes from all the employees. It is time for all the passing the buck to stop! Numerous times solid and hard evidence of foul play has been put in Gree's lap and all we ever hear.... Thats the problem. We only HEAR they are "doing something" about it. We never SEE IT! Maybe it is time that Gree starts hearing about people spending money in this game instead of actually seeing it. let them see how we feel for a change. Maybe and that is a HUGE MAYBE, we just might start to see a hint of them getting up and starting to do something. We sure havent seen anything out of them yet.

ffp
05-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Health violations hack should be easy to catch. Gree knows how many boost units and faction modifiers they have and the number of medpacks bought. They will also know how many attacks were made. If numbers don't add up, flag for review by a real person. If they need help working out how many hits are possible they can download steveo's spreadsheet that is floating around somewhere.

Since you can only detect after the fact, why not make it that the WD points earned by the cheating faction goes to the opposition that didn't cheat? If they both cheated, give them both a big fat 0. That will stop team leaders from turning a blind eye.

Same for boss events. Except give them a special unit that either slows down health regen (appears only server side) or subtracts defence numbers so they end up fair game for everyone. I doubt they would send in a ticket to ask about it.

Come on Gree, you are game designers, you're supposed to be creative in this area. You are not going to patch all the holes, bigger companies like Adobe and Oracle are stil trying and failing. Try thinking outside the box for once.

Paul Wall
05-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Sirius, but how about replying to our requests? If you all are trying to improve this communication gap how are you doing this? What steps are being taken to better take care of the costumer?

solo.modernwar
05-31-2013, 05:56 PM
MRT, my preference, as a gold buying customer and competing in a current Top 10 faction, is to have exactly as you have described; a mechanism AND correspondence (read: open communication) that Gree is taking steps to proactively pursue the named offenders when such accusations have been clearly presented with reasonable evidence that shows there is tampering occurring at a level that affects a real and legitimate inflation of WD points for paying customers.

If I were a shareholder, with the current losses in revenue, I would expect and demand that such measures are undertaken to not only address customer concerns, but to set a standard in which there is a remedy or recourse for addressing such blatant skewing of the game parameters held against legitimate, paying customers. This is Business 101 - something that should take the forefront of action and to openly communicate that to avoid the potential loss of customers... even a small percentage at that.

TYR_Rune
05-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi folks,

~Sirius

Sirius/CJ54,

This thread is for you guys there at Gree, we aint bashing or insulting anyone, all we need is for you to inform us of what is being done to restore our confidence to the game..

You cant expect concerned legit players to spend more money in the next event (particularly Madagascar) if you cannot assure us that we arent racing with the Health hackers in the tap-tap-tap event..

We need to know that theyre all gone before the event starts... since theyve openly admitted that there are still more of them spread in different factions.

pick_sax
05-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Improve communication -
closing tickets, with no fix, and the old "in the pipeline" excuse. Don't do it. Leave ticket open! Doing this to make your problem count look small should result in employee termination.
New releases. A comment as STUPID as bug fixed should result in employee termination. Note the updates and enhancements, EVERY TIME. iTunes supports this, I'd assume android does too. Why don't you do this?
Don't make devin or anyone else be the only source of documentation. GREE documentation is wrong about many things, AT BEST! But usually non existent! As a norm!

Fix the bugs -
there is still a bug from over a year ago on box events.
Fix the battle result display to show the result
TURN OFF THE 2WEEK auto reply for tickets. ?is it still happening? If you didn't fix anything, WHAT DO YOU THINK!
2-4 weeks IS NOT an acceptable, and saying we will slow things down further if I look for follow up is ridiculous!
So many others

Remove the hackers
It doesn't take a genius to come up with audit tools

Stop referring people to this forum for help
This forum has a few nuggets, but overall, it is trash.
People like devin, war priest, kimsoo, and a few others HAVE DONE THE JOB GREE SHOULD HAVE DONE!
GREE, you need to provide documentation, like those mentioned above.
SHUDDUP and spend gold is not documentation

gingerbear
05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
I want to see that increased support we keep getting told about.

All those new red names.

Are they just for closing threads, or actually responding to us? The latter is helpful, the former is the same as one admin.

I feel like we still aren't actually being told anything, just brushed off.

And really, I'd like a formal answer about what's happening with our broken units, not just cloak and dagger bans and deletion of posts.

RedRoom
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
I want my money back...I did not mind spending it on entertainment when I was led to believe I was playing a fair game. But playing a game where stats are manipulated to increase income is fraudulent, dishonest, and a sure way to lose a customer base. I was ready to buy two vaults for the current events and two more for the coming war. But what is the point?

lemonhaze
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
That's pretty much it. They need to find a way to convince all of us that everything possible is being done to find and ban hackers. Both finding ways to stop them and convince us they are doing so is no small task. It will take more than just telling us that everything possible is being done, because anymore most of us don't believe it and the reason we don't is because more and more of them are found by members of the MW community all the time. They can't wait for other players to find them, they must be proactive and actively hunt for them. That is the only way the community will be happy, and the only way we will believe something is being done is for us to see results, and results being that it becomes very rare for players to find hackers out there. Plus for anyone who is even contemplate doing it to know that they will be caught by Gree and have there accounts banned within hours. best post all day..i been saying that not ban them in 3-4 weeks or "we get around to it when we can" type stuff..have them banned like u said within hrs..sick of seeing this once act i have reported now for 3 months going on 4..got over 900 heavy cannnons 29 lead soliders and 1050 trs come on how can someone be that lucky..and the weird thing is hes still running around takeing our money..lol

Zedsdead
05-31-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you Yoshi! As their immediate supervisor, I must apologize for their lack of judgement, professionalism and
manners. Their heavy handed banning reminds me of that criminal fellow. There is no excuse for this sort of behavior. Our customers deserve better. I know that they will both be happier flipping burgers. Just think of it! A burger
with an attitude. A win, win for everyone involved.

How about taking control of the forums by banning knuckle heads like this, instead of Devin et.al.? If they can't keep trolls out, who publicly display themselves, how can they catch hackers?

sgt spanks
05-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I like to think Gree has heard this over and over, and they too are tired of hearing the complaints. One would assume as a for-profit company, they would act more swiftly.

The only solution is to delay WD's until the most important aspect of the event being hacked, is corrected. Other than that, I would like to see more gold given away with the ticket auto response. Get on board gree!

Oh also, seeing an admin respond is great, seeing more than one response per thread is even better and having an admin answer requests in the thread would be a phenomenal.

Zedsdead
05-31-2013, 07:07 PM
.......having an admin answer requests in the thread would be a phenomenal.

No point to my original answer

Zedsdead
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Where has CJ been today?
Removed my original snarky remark.

gingerbear
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
I know its going to sound sarcastic when I say this, but I'm serious. Has anyone ever seen this? If so, post a link, I'd love to see an example..

The really sad thing is, and this is part of the reason there is so much anarchy on the forums, normally, the only times I've seen admin actually comment quickly on anything has been in a thread calling them out, or when people have been flaming them. That's just super sad. I don't recommend it, but still. Kind of demoralizing.

Big John
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Employ players to help, they have beta testers so why not hacker finders who could get paid in gold/units.

Also have an admin thread where CJ and co can post instead of trawling through posts to find replies they have made.

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Guys (and Girls?),

Enough sarcasm. Post your own thread and get it moved down to oblivion on the forum. If you want to blow some steam off...don't do it here. A moderator made it clear they are listening. Get unhappy elsewhere.

The future of the game is in jeopardy. Everyone knows it.

Lets keep this thread constructive.

Paul Wall
05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
That's what I was gonna say. This has the potential to be an excellent thread if knuckle heads STFO!

Guys (and Girls?),

Enough sarcasm. Post your own thread and get it moved down to oblivion on the forum. If you want to blow some steam off...don't do it here. A moderator made it clear they are listening. Get unhappy elsewhere.

The future of the game is in jeopardy. Everyone knows it.

Lets keep this thread constructive.

Westusmc
05-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Solutions to problems, better customer service, and better communication on fixing problems. I'm a light spender who has spent a few hundred dollars this year over 2 accounts but I'm not sure I'll spend $ again. A couple weeks ago I attempted to buy a vault of gold 7 times but kept getting an error message. The purchase went through on the 7th attempt. My wife checks my bank account the next day and sees 7 $59.99 charges and $30 of overdraft fees and gets justifiably pissed at me. I sent in a ticket and get a response back asking for documentation of the purchases and have heard nothin back in 2 weeks. At the same time I email iTunes support and get a refund for the 6 extra charges (for which I received nothing in game) taken care of within 48 hours. Many other members of my faction have had similar experiences. Our gold spending and WD rank dropped considerably this past battle. We're collectively getting tired of the bad service.

Westusmc
05-31-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not trying to get my ticket addressed in this thread, just explaining why I'm frustrated with this game.

Oceanz
05-31-2013, 09:49 PM
K-Y and cab fare

but seriously

in the past when Gree made some errors, even if it was something as simple as an event not coming out until a day or two later that advertised, they would give away 50 or 100 gold

That certainly wouldn't make me feel completely reassured if I had spent thousands of gold, but I haven't so I'm just speculating

Free gold always seems to be something that everyone can appreciate

lemonhaze
05-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Solutions to problems, better customer service, and better communication on fixing problems. I'm a light spender who has spent a few hundred dollars this year over 2 accounts but I'm not sure I'll spend $ again. A couple weeks ago I attempted to buy a vault of gold 7 times but kept getting an error message. The purchase went through on the 7th attempt. My wife checks my bank account the next day and sees 7 $59.99 charges and $30 of overdraft fees and gets justifiably pissed at me. I sent in a ticket and get a response back asking for documentation of the purchases and have heard nothin back in 2 weeks. At the same time I email iTunes support and get a refund for the 6 extra charges (for which I received nothing in game) taken care of within 48 hours. Many other members of my faction have had similar experiences. Our gold spending and WD rank dropped considerably this past battle. We're collectively getting tired of the bad service. i bet she was like u can buy fake gold for ur self but cant get me a real gold chain lol

Westusmc
05-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Lol, not exactly. :-), I told her about making 1 purchase but she was pissed my "stupid nerd game" cost an extra $30.

lemonhaze
05-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Lol, not exactly. :-), I told her about making 1 purchase but she was pissed my "stupid nerd game" cost an extra $30. LOL the reason i asked was i did the same type thing and my wife seen the gold i bought and told me that haha..i also get the dumb nerd game comments from time to time t;)

Sadistic.
06-01-2013, 02:53 AM
I personally would like Gree to take all tickets more seriously.. Ticket dont get tickets sent in for no reason.. There seems to be no end of bugs on the game at the moment that are listed on threads elsewhere.. Even if Gree took the whole game off air for a week to go through the software with a comb and put right all the wrongs and malfunctions it would be a start.. Then once they have removed all they can after a week of no hassle they should then list all bugs found and mention whether they are fixed or not . During the time the game is off air the Gree beta testers should be allowed access to the game, no free units , no free gold, to assist with the findings of such bugs which can be dealt with accordingly, after all this is what beta testers are supposed to do.. Find bugs.. I know taking the game off air for a week will loss them big money but if they carry on the way they are? Well they could possibly lose more than that due to players saying enough is enough..

Dutchie
06-01-2013, 03:26 AM
A change in process of how violators are dealt with a clear written policy from Gree of how this process works and if you do require policing of this game by the players, a small token of 25 gold for every correctly identified violator so that you acknowledge the player for reporting it correctly.

GREE also has to pro-actively find these violators by running scripts against the database on a periodic basis to highlight irregular activity and provide a basic report on a weekly basis stating how many accounts have been terminated to show us that you are doing this. We don't need details, just the total number will do.

GREE promised us to write this policy but it is taking far too long.

Finally you need to tell us which loopholes have been closed once a fix has been released server or client side, a bit like the Micosoft security reports they release with their security hot fixes.

Your current ToS is preventing you from doing the above, so I suggest you change this in order to become more transparent because for me, the trust has been lost.

yangs
06-01-2013, 03:58 AM
I want every unit boost that advertised in the event work properly.
I hope the dev test it before launch it in the event.

Crypt
06-01-2013, 04:35 AM
i would like see more updates about the game posted in the announcement sections. some form of patch/release notes to help keep us informed about changing game mechanics etc.

Wingman GRI
06-01-2013, 05:28 AM
What do I want:
I want more then just a reply on a thread by CJ.
I want to know what they are doing and how they are doing it.
I want to be updated on the progress.
I want to get our top 10 prize!!
I want to get a compensation for the money spent on WD events.
I want that they check every top 10 team (including LLPs).
I want that they update their system and checks (understand they use basic solutions).

What do I think will happen:
NOTHING

What is the real problem:
New strategy, reducing cost, expanding titles based on existing platform using same staff and support.

Ferr
06-01-2013, 05:47 AM
I demand an investigation by a third party expert. The hacking and instability of the game needs to be investigated one way or the other.

Agent Orange
06-01-2013, 05:57 AM
What would I like from Gree? Good question, by now I think those playing the longest have pretty much given up.

Gree if folks didn't genuinely care about the game they would NOT be posting concerns, especially us long time players. Yet we get banned, this is a very sad situation indeed but also underlines the frustration of those legitimate players on here.

This hacker issue has been so long standing that it's difficult to believe that anything is actually being done. Perhaps the problem is the way reporting is done? We send in a ticket regarding a hacker with some information. What I suspect is wrong with this is that it then requires someone to do a search through the database to see if they can locate the offender. Instead as has been mention before, just add a report button on the suspect players stat screen. That gives support a direct link back to the account in question. Bet that would help cut down the workload and also reduce the chance of targeting the wrong account.

Communications, have always been a sore spot and if you can believe it they have over time been improving however they are no where near good enough. Major issues need to be addressed far more quickly, I suspect that one problem is little to no staffing combined with differences in time zone so I don't expect CJ to be here 24/7 but someone needs to be or at least called upon when there is a major issue such as missed deadline.

But overall based on what I see I have a feeling that this game will soon be abandoned, if not by the devs then by the players out of frustration.

Daveynez
06-01-2013, 06:31 AM
What do I want? I would like to see a thread not interrupted by someone from gree-d telling people to keep it clean or obey the rules of a forum. IT'S A FORUM!

Harmlessedddie
06-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Eddie wants his money back.

P.J.
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Start from a premise with only two words that I pay, then pretend. This may seem a bit 'arrogant, but this is the unvarnished truth. And it is on this that GREE should reflect that. But to the point, what is wrong with modern war, the answer is 90% of the messages of this forum, but GREE reads our post? Hmmm I don't know! But the support GREE reads our messages when we ask for help? Hmmm I don't know! No, I know! Automated response. Who is it? How do I expose my problems to a machine, come on! Now we come to the hacker, this is a big problem, perhaps the most serious problem of this game, I would say almost unsolvable .... but come on, just turn a couple of times the list opponents to find more than one! I conclude with some advice. Don't push your luck, because if the game is broken and dying is not the fault of hackers. Communication GREE...communication!!
If I disturbed anyone with my sarcasm, sorry. If I offended anyone, forgive me. If I'm wrong grammar, English is not my language.

TIMB0
06-01-2013, 09:26 AM
i bet she was like u can buy fake gold for ur self but cant get me a real gold chain lol

okay, that was funny!
;)

GuyInLobsterSuit
06-01-2013, 10:32 AM
1) It isn't surprising that customers spending money on a game expect a level of assurance that the rules of the game are enforced.
2) Increased communication by way of periodic reporting would increase transparency and alleviate player fears. For example the code rewrite or numbers of players caught violating TOS (which have emerged anyway in responses to this issue). Players like evidence of caring and progress.
3) Beefing up customer support personnel and streamlining the prioritization and categorisation/filtering process for customer service requests would alleviate at least some of the ire of players.
4) Greater process and scrutiny in releasing features of software - perhaps utilizing more trusted beta test members of the MW community - would alleviate buggy and inaccurate or malfunctioning features of the game that cause many of the support tickets.
5) Host a sub-forum of delegates from top 25 factions and other community leaders to assist in communicating and guiding MW matters.

Paisthecoolest
06-01-2013, 10:51 AM
A new le building to purchase

greedy1
06-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Sirius is right start acting like adults.
Yes, let's start acting like adults. Adults do not play a rigged game, insult each other
and ask for mommy. Adults admit their mistakes and then fix it. Adults go after the
culprit (not each other) and then take that culprit OUT. Children talk and threaten ...
adults pull the trigger.

DanL
06-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Sirius/CJ54,

This thread is for you guys there at Gree, we aint bashing or insulting anyone, all we need is for you to inform us of what is being done to restore our confidence to the game..

You cant expect concerned legit players to spend more money in the next event (particularly Madagascar) if you cannot assure us that we arent racing with the Health hackers in the tap-tap-tap event..

We need to know that theyre all gone before the event starts... since theyve openly admitted that there are still more of them spread in different factions. Lets face the truth of the matter. All of these complaints towards Gree can only go so far on the Forums. I personally would like to see the mechanics of WD changed so its not favoring the low level players. The best way you can solve that is make it just based on level and take away the level difference aspect of the two players. I would really like a better solution than that though because I believe it should take all stats into account. Defense, Level, And Allies.

Now as I said above there is only so much you can do on forums. If you really want Gree to get off their rumps and put some faith back into this game you all should boycott spending gold. I'm talking to all of you top factions; McGurt, Super, Penguins, and yes even PUN. You're not the only ones becaus even the top 250 spend some cash. If you want Gree to change, stop giving them your money. I have seen someone here on this forum say their faction spends $60k on top 10? That is your kryptonite.

Make a pledge to stop your faction from spending money like a wild fire. I know you want those rewards, but is it really worth it if you keep getting the shaft in terms of fairness? I spent $20 last war. It's not much compared to the most of these top 250, but I'll not be spending anymore until this game makes it more fair for the higher levels in WD.

XXL NAT3
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm not one to post in these forums but I've been an avid reader for months. One suggestion I would have for the moderators of this forum that would give me more peace of mind that they are doing their best to keep the game fair is a thread that only they can post in that is a Ban List of profiles in the game that have been caught cheating/hacking and have been removed. It would gratifying to me to be able to SEE with my own eyes the profiles of cheaters that have lost their games.

Profile Name, level, reason for removal

Dom3
06-01-2013, 04:01 PM
To add a +2000 energy refil for 35 gold for those who have over 2k energy.

I am a cow
06-01-2013, 08:34 PM
GREE i would like a faster ticket reponse time so that my tickets get answered actually

Meta Rage Trollbot
06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Gree, thank you for giving me my past-due Tier 3 gold bonus. Though I wish it didn't have to be validated by a moderator due to my whining, I appreciate it nonetheless.

Still, I would have preferred my 2 months of tickets being answered instead.

I guess: thank you for taking care of this. It is progress.

Perhaps the forum can have a "gripes" aspect, so this section can be instructive.

kuksluk
06-02-2013, 05:45 AM
I would like to have the option of sending my support tickets with pre-set subjects so they can more easily be queued up depending on the level of urgency.
Ex.
-Bug report
-Report hacker
-Gold issue
-In app purchase
-Ideas & suggestions
-General inquiry

I would also like to see an online tool for reporting hackers in a standardized easy manner. A simple online form with fields where I can fill out the data you need and attach screenshots.

And last, I would like moderators to actively merge duplicate/multiple threads on these forums.

kuksluk
06-02-2013, 07:45 AM
And how about automating the hacker search server side?

A script that runs through all the users in the db to check for unusually high increases in stats from one day to the next? Start setting the bar high and see how many users it throws at you, then lower the limit successively until you reach a level where you get a good positive rate of hackers compared to the amount of work to proof check the selected users...

Another script that counts valor/respect value and flags any user that is above a set limit?

Etc. etc. etc....

krazybjj
06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I believe this is my favorite game app. Ive had it for a few years and have deleted almost every game ive downloaded in the past. This is the only one i have kept playing. I enjoy it and understand it is a game. When the WD event started i didnt join in since i was a camper, but a few months ago i joined a fac and since then have spent $2000 on my two acc. Lately ive notice the quality of the game has gone down. I think the easiest fix would be to slow down. Try to put a better quality product out for us instead of quanity. The events were back to back, now they are on top of each other. The most frustrating thing for almost all of us is when they release bonus units and the boost dont work. If they werent meant to be in the game dont put them in the game. Let us know when you mess up, tell us on the forum and apoligize here to everyone. I think we all agree communication would be the best improvement.