PDA

View Full Version : 3 HITS ON A REFILL??? STILL? Why isn't this fixed yet?

Peppers
05-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Come on Gree!!

Almost every single Med Pack is giving me only 3 hits. I'm waiting in between hits to account for your $%^&*(ing bugs, and its still doing it.

Why isn't this fixed yet? I'll be sending in a ticket at the end of the war, and will be expecting a full refund for the lost hits.

Assault and Flattery
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you read the Modern War forum, but this has already been addressed.

What happens is that sometimes two hits go through at once when you're clicking quickly, but it looks like one that takes double health. We've investigated this exhaustively and can see the logs from all of your hits and all of your med pack purchases.

In short - two hits go through at once. You are credited for the points.

Deadwater
05-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you read the Modern War forum, but this has already been addressed.

What happens is that sometimes two hits go through at once when you're clicking quickly, but it looks like one that takes double health. We've investigated this exhaustively and can see the logs from all of your hits and all of your med pack purchases.

What about losing to people with 40k less def then my att?

Assault and Flattery
05-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Please read the FAQs:

"Why is this player able to attack me and win?
Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PvP) combat."

BigMoney
05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
I can tell that I did the accidental double-tap thing if I pause after the "first" attack, and instead of clicking "attack again," I close that attack window. There should be another attack window right behind it. If you click "Attack Again" however, both of those windows close themselves and you won't know if you really did 3 attacks or 4.

Also, if you're trying to keep track of the number of hits by quickly checking the "Main" screen of the syndicate icon, note that it actually can take 1-2 minutes for it to update. I thought that I was doing the same thing earlier, and I noticed my Win total was below the multiple of 4 that it should have been (after I did the double tap and thought my attack didn't count), but I waited a little bit and it updated to the correct total.

Deadwater
05-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Please read the FAQs:

Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PvP) combat."

There is no way those players had 400 plus skill points, that's a cop out of an answer sorry to say it. I don't buy gold and I invest a ton of time to get my stats up to 150k att and to lose to someone with 114k def is absurd shouldnt happen no matter what unless they invest over 400 skill points into att I don't see this possible. How about instead of a generic "check the FAQ on how to play" (cause I've never done that) we get a serious response like "we can check into it for you deadwater, thank you for bringing it to our attention". This isn't just me, other members in my syndicate have this issue.

Deadwater
05-31-2013, 03:17 PM
And in case you were wondering these players were only level 66...not likely they have 400 skill points into attack

johnny boy phd
05-31-2013, 03:19 PM
There is no way those players had 400 plus skill points, that's a cop out of an answer sorry to say it. I don't buy gold and I invest a ton of time to get my stats up to 150k att and to lose to someone with 114k def is absurd shouldnt happen no matter what unless they invest over 400 skill points into att I don't see this possible. How about instead of a generic "check the FAQ on how to play" (cause I've never done that) we get a serious response like "we can check into it for you deadwater, thank you for bringing it to our attention". This isn't just me, other members in my syndicate have this issue.

Forget about FAQ and support, most likely this is a game setting in the code set since the beginning and obviosuly the PR person who handles the forum doesn't have a clue about it. To this, I add that the common knowledge is that odds are proportional to the relative margin of difference in between attack and defense.

I have 89k attack and attacked 4 times a person with 70k defense and got 3 W and 1 L. That's 19k, which over 89k is 21% above. Your case is a 36k difference, but with respect to your 150k, pretty much similar at 24%. I wouldn't be surprised losing a few times that matchup.

If you want to make sure you get a perfect record, maybe you should lower your targets a little bit. I find very difficult to lose against somebody with 60k or under (a different of approx. 30% of my stats). Maybe somebody more experienced could add some input to this.

Julian80
05-31-2013, 03:27 PM
And in case you were wondering these players were only level 66...not likely they have 400 skill points into attack

Most likely a skill point hack then. Screenshot it and send a ticket (enjoy the canned response to that as well)

bald zeemer
05-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Forget about FAQ and support, most likely this is a game setting in the code set since the beginning and obviosuly the PR person who handles the forum doesn't have a clue about it. To this, I add that the common knowledge is that odds are proportional to the relative margin of difference in between attack and defense.

I have 89k attack and attacked 4 times a person with 70k defense and got 3 W and 1 L. That's 19k, which over 89k is 21% above. Your case is a 36k difference, but with respect to your 150k, pretty much similar at 24%. I wouldn't be surprised losing a few times that matchup.

If you want to make sure you get a perfect record, maybe you should lower your targets a little bit. I find very difficult to lose against somebody with 60k or under (a different of approx. 30% of my stats). Maybe somebody more experienced could add some input to this.
You're pretty much right on the money.

Further elaboration of this point is in the "official battle guide" thread.

lordsagacity
05-31-2013, 05:27 PM
What about losing to people with 40k less def then my att?

It's quite possible. If u have 50k attack v.s. 10k defence, you will probably win each time. But if u have 350k attack v.s. 310k defence, you might lose one or two fights out of 10.

Ciara
06-01-2013, 12:22 PM

I don't think that's correct. I know my battle count, i don't doubleclick, I register the points I get and I don't get a double credit - I get three hits for 25 gold. Every refill I purchase I'm being shortchanged by one hit. That's an expensive refill. Not that it's cheap to start with. :(

Assault and Flattery
06-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Okay - I'm saying that it LOOKS like you're getting 3 hits, but every time engineering has looked into this (on tons and tons of accounts) they've verified that 4 are going through. On a touch screen, even if you tap once, sometimes double tapping occurs.

As far a skill points, it's mutiplicative, not one to one. Also, the other player might have one of those awesome modifier items that gives them a +5 mafia, or you a -2 mafia, or something like that. Those types of items don't change your stats in profile, but you see the effect after an attack.

You can pretty much not count on looking at someone's stats to see if you're going to win. This is how it's been designed since day one.

Ciara
06-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Ok, so if I have 100 wins, use a refill and only get three hits (successful) my score should go up to 104 wins?

Sandukan
06-01-2013, 02:23 PM
I am clearly getting 3 hits per refill. I can count.

Ciara
06-01-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm using a workaround that seems to work. Buy the refill. Close battle Board. Reopen. Get four hits. There is no good reason why the game should treat a purchased refill any differently from a time-expended refill, but it does. This works for me.

JoJo1234
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
The thing with the refill is a problem though still, I know I am getting only three hits per one refill at times and have had gold refunded due this problem in the past as Gree know there is something wrong with it, I still have a ticket open from the self same thing after the last war and the one before.

As for losing against those with lower stats than you, how about losing (twice) to someone with 50k defence and me having 190k att???

rbell05
06-02-2013, 03:52 AM
Anyone know if Skill Points have a cap and if so, what is it?

Sandukan
06-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Still happening !!!!!
This time I was on win total last 2 digits 00.
After 3 taps refill required.
I went back to look at my total. Last 2 digits now 03.

Your "engineers" need to play the game. I can spot them some gold because I know things are tight for you all right now.

OneHoop
06-02-2013, 12:58 PM
2 things on skill points:
* The random factor in syndicate battles is much greater than in regular PvP. In regular PvP, I feel safe with a 10% margin. In syndicate battles, I have lost with as much as a 37.5% margin. I still pick my targets on having a 10% margin, though for lack of high-level, low-stat targets.
* We don't know that the multiplier for skill points from the boss is the same across the board. It may be different for regular PvP as it is for syndicate PvP and it may be different for defense than it is for attack. I am fairly certain that it is much higher than 10stat/skill point for robbery defense, at least.

1 thing on refills:
Do not use any button from the attack result screen other than the "X". Return to the battle list to attack again, and then the buttons are in different places. I buy my refills from the battle list screen as well. ::knocks on wood::

You're welcome,
M@

dudeman
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
... Also, the other player might have one of those awesome modifier items that gives them a +5 mafia, or you a -2 mafia, or something like that. Those types of items don't change your stats in profile, but you see the effect after an attack.

Have you ever played Crime City? Serious question. I have several of "those awesome modifier items" that give +/- mafia, and while it is true they change nothing in the player profile, the effects are in no way visible after an attack either. That is to say, my "profile attack" is an exact match to my "fight attack". Always has been.

You can pretty much not count on looking at someone's stats to see if you're going to win. This is how it's been designed since day one.

Crime City: fubar since day one.

Nighteg
06-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Please read the FAQs:

Wait, so adding point to those 2 options actually does something??

lucky83
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm still waiting for a refund from the first couple of wars. Luckily enough i haven't encountered this problem yet this time around. I have to admit it feels like they show me the finger when they say: "we're sorry for any misunderstandings". Misunderstandings? I got three refills, what's there to misunderstand? That you owe me gold? Yeah right. Thanks for treating me so good, makes me wanna come back with more and more buys, every day.

/one who was part of your gold bonus program

evj
06-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Still wait for a refund of approx.. 6000 gold after 3 different tickets. 2 of them saying its solved. From the first or second war, cannot remember anymore.

Now I will write a note to Apple Service instead, saying their cheating me.