PDA

View Full Version : Buildings Becoming Obsolete

ImperialTheme
05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to point out that with the addition of all these Limited Edition buildings, all of the lower level buildings are becoming more or less obsolete. For example, a person with all of the LE buildings so far gains a substantial amount of Income Per Hour, and even the most basic upgrades to some of these buildings render all of the regular in-game cash producing buildings more or less useless. Even the oil rig is starting to become pointless, as it takes two and a half days to upgrade, whereas I can simply upgrade the Jinai Facility for a price only slightly higher in less than half the time. Once a player's IPH is high enough, he or she can upgrade the Anniversary Center to level 2 for about 150 million in under a day and a half, whereas it takes a full three days to upgrade the Nanotech Facility to level 2. The fact that these buildings have such low upgrade times, albeit with extremely high costs, makes it utterly pointless to upgrade the regular cash buildings once a player's IPH reaches 1.5 million or so. Having been unable to acquire these buildings, new players come into the game at an incredible disadvantage. Yet if limited edition buildings continue to come out at this frequent of a rate, the inflation will cause in-game cash to eventually become an infinite commodity for veteran players. Thoughts?

Zedsdead
05-31-2013, 11:30 AM
I've about decided that the land is worth more than the low level buildings that occupy them. I haven't sold my windmills or storage silos yet, but I sure don't see any point in upgrading them. And selling all that low level dross would let me buy the next several LE sets without buying land at ~$10 mil a pop (and rising).

SGT Rud
05-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Even with the new LEs, I upgrade the lower buildings to ten first. both my supply depots are ten, and going with the armory buildings now. Figured it will start off slow, but some where in the middle my IPH will shoot up.

ImperialTheme
05-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Even with the new LEs, I upgrade the lower buildings to ten first. both my supply depots are ten, and going with the armory buildings now. Figured it will start off slow, but some where in the middle my IPH will shoot up.

But why? What an idiotic waste of time that seems to me! Upgrading the armory will get you a minuscule gain, when you could upgrade an LE building and get triple the IPH gain in under a tenth of the time!

SGT Rud
05-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Probably, but nobody raids my lower income buildings unless they are mad at me. Those are almost gauranteed to pay full amount every time being free from getting hit. My LE get raided everytime it sits for longer than 10 minutes. All I have at this point as a free player is the jinais, one currough, and one train.

I mean it makes sense, just a little bit. My IPH is still almost 400K. However, thanks for the opinion.

Sumiala
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM

And you log in every five minutes to cash in those supply depots I presume?

Sumiala
05-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to point out that with the addition of all these Limited Edition buildings, all of the lower level buildings are becoming more or less obsolete. [cut] Thoughts?

Fair point.
I really use my lower level income buildings to fill gaps, time-wise I mean.
I could actually sell them, to create space, but I like having them for some reason.
I have all regular money buildings, all boost buildings and all defence buildings that can be bought with in-app cash. I have a few gold buildings, but lack many, and am missing some of the LE buildings.
My ground expansions are getting close to 30M a time, so the 10 million mentioned earlier makes me smile.

To answer your question:
Yes, I think you are right.
For me, they are nice decorations and something to click on every once in a while...

stephen2013
05-31-2013, 12:10 PM
I totally agree. About 600k of my IPH is from regular money buildings.
The remaining 1.9 million is from the limited buildings.

SGT Rud
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
And you log in every five minutes to cash in those supply depots I presume?

To an extent, I am on most of the day. To some they are a waste of time, I like to think of them as starter buildings. Its where I began. Later in the game play, when there are too many LE on my base, I will get rid of the lower ranking cheap, dirty, scummy buildings and just have a solid base of LE. Every player is entitled to their own opinion on how they upgrade buildings, which buildings they like, how their own strategy works. Doesn't mean I am wrong, doesn't mean it has to make sense to you. It is my opinion, and I am stating it here is this thread, where it is applicable. If my IPH is the same as yours, but comprised of low income buildings, and they never get raided, I have the ability to pull that income every time at 100%. If my IPH was the same, only comprised of high upgrade LE buildings, and get raided all the time, I would only get a portion of the true IPH. People come to raid me, and see my LE and beat the crud out of them. Does this make sense. I would also say that a fair portion of my income comes from raiding others LE buildings.

With understanding of this, I can also say that not getting raided as much, I have a lower casualty rate.

I actually have a question for who cares: Is it 60% you raid from a building? What is the percentage of the payout you raid from a building when you hit it 3 times?

a4194394
05-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Totally agree. if you don't have a good A/D, your LE are likely to get raided, then a Lv2 curragh is even do not produce much as a Lv6 Ore mine:p

lemonhaze
05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to point out that with the addition of all these Limited Edition buildings, all of the lower level buildings are becoming more or less obsolete. For example, a person with all of the LE buildings so far gains a substantial amount of Income Per Hour, and even the most basic upgrades to some of these buildings render all of the regular in-game cash producing buildings more or less useless. Even the oil rig is starting to become pointless, as it takes two and a half days to upgrade, whereas I can simply upgrade the Jinai Facility for a price only slightly higher in less than half the time. Once a player's IPH is high enough, he or she can upgrade the Anniversary Center to level 2 for about 150 million in under a day and a half, whereas it takes a full three days to upgrade the Nanotech Facility to level 2. The fact that these buildings have such low upgrade times, albeit with extremely high costs, makes it utterly pointless to upgrade the regular cash buildings once a player's IPH reaches 1.5 million or so. Having been unable to acquire these buildings, new players come into the game at an incredible disadvantage. Yet if limited edition buildings continue to come out at this frequent of a rate, the inflation will cause in-game cash to eventually become an infinite commodity for veteran players. Thoughts? ye this is true bc this is what i did my AC centers are 5&6 but still was faster to upgrade them to that then it would to take my oil refinary from 8-9.jsut got my upgrade for a lvl 5 currah for 38 odd hrs if i can remeber right

PITA4PRES
05-31-2013, 06:44 PM
To an extent, I am on most of the day. To some they are a waste of time, I like to think of them as starter buildings. Its where I began. Later in the game play, when there are too many LE on my base, I will get rid of the lower ranking cheap, dirty, scummy buildings and just have a solid base of LE. Every player is entitled to their own opinion on how they upgrade buildings, which buildings they like, how their own strategy works. Doesn't mean I am wrong, doesn't mean it has to make sense to you. It is my opinion, and I am stating it here is this thread, where it is applicable. If my IPH is the same as yours, but comprised of low income buildings, and they never get raided, I have the ability to pull that income every time at 100%. If my IPH was the same, only comprised of high upgrade LE buildings, and get raided all the time, I would only get a portion of the true IPH. People come to raid me, and see my LE and beat the crud out of them. Does this make sense. I would also say that a fair portion of my income comes from raiding others LE buildings.

With understanding of this, I can also say that not getting raided as much, I have a lower casualty rate.

I actually have a question for who cares: Is it 60% you raid from a building? What is the percentage of the payout you raid from a building when you hit it 3 times?

Yes, it is 60% with three successful hits. I agree that style of play determines what buildings you have and what you upgrade and whether any of your buildings are obselete. If you are on frequently during the day, then supply depots and armories can earn you a fair amount of cash. However if you are only on once or twice a day, then you are better off concentrating on buildings that only need to be collected 12/24/48 hours. If you have room on your base for other buildings that have 6 or 8 hour collection rates and want the extra income, then by all means go ahead and build and upgrade. When choosing what to upgrade, some people also choose what to upgrade next based on how long it takes to make that money back. Supply depots and armories are buildings that tend to pay you back relatively quickly, so getting them to level 10 could be a good strategy if you are on frequently because you will start earning pure profit sooner than you would by upgrading some other buildings that also may take a lot more money to upgrade. It's a little bit of a tradeoff on IPH but may be worth it in the long run. My IPH is over 400k, and both my supply depots are level 9 because I can collect frequently enough to make it worthwhile. Like it's been said buildings like that really don't ever get raided, so you can count on that income being there whereas LE buildings are big targets due to the higher payout. Basically personal preference and strategy are the determining factors in my opinion.