PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade my Arctic Mining Rig?

kidpresentable
05-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Just a quick question to save some long calculations... I've finally saved enough to upgrade my Arctic Mining Rig from level 1 to 2. I've actually saved up accidentally, as I was expecting a new LTQ building to spend it on. So is it a good move, or should I instead

- spread it across other buildings (I have Jinai Facilitys on 3,3, Curragh Engineering on 2,4, and Santa Marta Train Stations on 2,1).
- or just save it for when a new building comes along?

What do you reckon?

mxz
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Upgrade, in order, and in a balanced approach: Anniversary Center, Arctic Mining Rig, then Alexandria Villa.

By balanced I mean keep them at the same level, then raise. Don't take an AC to 4 before your AMRs and AVs are 3.

wittywon
05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
...and let me know your level, defense, and in-game-name. :p

kidpresentable
05-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks - I've gone for the Rig upgrade.

I missed out on the AC and the Villa unfortunately, it took me a long time to save enough for the Rig but I've managed to get 2 of every limited building they've released since.

kidpresentable
05-31-2013, 11:32 AM
...and let me know your level, defense, and in-game-name. :p

Good try :)

stephen2013
05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Good choice man. I did the exact same thing as you. I was saving for an LE, but figured it was never gonna come (hell, will it ever come?). AMR from 1-2 raised my IPH by ~120k, pretty great. :)

Thief
05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Upgrade, in order, and in a balanced approach: Anniversary Center, Arctic Mining Rig, then Alexandria Villa.

By balanced I mean keep them at the same level, then raise. Don't take an AC to 4 before your AMRs and AVs are 3.

THIS

They are by far the best bang for the buck if you aren't getting units from the LE building quest.

megaants
05-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Curious, I do my own analysis of building by upgrade time, cost etc. What are you guys basing your opinion on? If you don't mind enlightening me. I think i must have miss a point in my analysis.

I'm asking about the order, AC --> AMR --> AV

Ssne
05-31-2013, 06:44 PM
AMR then AC then AV in my opinion. 48 hour buildings always get collected. 24 usually do too, so it's very close between those two.

AV is a decent drop off. ROI is lower and you are much more likely to miss a collection.

AMR also delivers more money in a single collection which is want you want when you are going overvault for an upgrade. For example when my curraghs and AMRs pay out my cash jumps up 50m in about ten seconds. So if i hang around at vault max of 90m, I can have 140m for an upgrade with nearly no risk.

Ericinico
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
AMR also delivers more money in a single collection which is want you want when you are going overvault for an upgrade. For example when my curraghs and AMRs pay out my cash jumps up 50m in about ten seconds. So if i hang around at vault max of 90m, I can have 140m for an upgrade with nearly no risk. If you have the money to upgrade an AMR, you obviously don't care about being over vault.

StickShift
06-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Let's go with a period of 48hrs... AMR is collected once, AC is twice and Villa four times, which one would produce the most in those 48hrs assuming all our upgraded to the same level

kevinnn
06-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Dont grow your ego please

Joe Op
06-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Let's go with a period of 48hrs... AMR is collected once, AC is twice and Villa four times, which one would produce the most in those 48hrs assuming all our upgraded to the same level

Hey stick, check out page1, post from Ssne. It makes more sence to me to upgrade 48h buildings first, then 24h and 12h as last. So the AMR was the best opportunity. I dismiss my 12h buildings sometimes and soon you'll lose them for a nightshift. But true; try to keep them all at same level, exept you don't have to fear enemies and can easy go way over vault.

And btw; i think something happend to the gamecode and thats the reason why theres no LE building. We had 19 or 20 days for the LE missions, so after GREE realised that it didnt came right after colombia they stopped it and release it after madagascar. Just my opinion..