PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.. .quick someone get a bandaid...

Crime Time
05-30-2013, 11:41 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/gree-s-tanaka-loses-2-6-billion-on-smartphone-miss-tech.html

bald zeemer
05-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Which is exactly why they're trying to bleed every last dollar out of CC/MW/KA, to prove that their income base is off smartphones.

Crime Time
05-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Baldy.. Give your team a heads up.. We may be heading for rougher waters soon. Notice how they are predicting even greater losses?

bald zeemer
05-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Despite the fact that it's incredibly annoying, this event-piling works for FC more than anyone else, since we have so many people that simply refuse to miss out on finishing any event. That's why our millionaires club has now become our main bar. ;)

What Gree need to do [and I know everyone here knows it, but I live in a land of absurd optimism where someone from Gree cares what players think] is cultivate their 'cult', big earning games [ie, us] and develop a game/some games aimed at different demographics. They have the key to a successful formula, rather than bleeding it dry they should simply emulate the effective components.

Instead they'll probably bleed all three games to death in an absurd attempt to make highly profitable games into the cornerstone of a company much bigger than they alone can support.

TZora
05-31-2013, 12:21 AM
The main reason of the downfall is lack of support. i'm amazed that Tanaka has worked with Rakuten Inc in the past. Rakuten Inc is the #2 thief company on the internet after Ebay being the #1 .. strange, he didn't learn anything while working with Rakuten :confused:

Crime Time
05-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Zora.. You are correct. I think Gree is banking on the infighting and rivalries that we create here to cause profit spikes.

I say we stop the bashing of each other .. Play the game and hope it doesn't end....

What do you say, we lead by example and hang up the drama..

TZora
05-31-2013, 12:32 AM
CT this is a touchy subject.

we don't like the way gree treats its customers. if ppl r paying real money for the game play, gree is supposed to provide efficient and "effective" customer service. if they are not providing what we deserve, then yes, we should stop fighting and let gree take more loss. go on more bcotts, etc.

however, a lot of ppl have spent loads of money on this game. the company closes today, nobody gets anything. all of the investments ppl have made in the game, gone .. pooof! i don't think that anyone who has "spent" some time/money/brain on this game would like to see the game going ... pooof :o

so make ur pick .. which option is a better choice? :rolleyes:

Zedsta
05-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Its their own fault there at a loss. If they looked after us. We would be more willing to spend real money

TZora
05-31-2013, 12:48 AM
of course, it is their fault.

i look at it this way .. Funzio launched these games. and funzio was providing very quick, efficient support and i don't remember ppl crying for their support tickets like this an year ago. then gree bought the game and failed it miserably. everyone is crying for proper support. tickets not answered for days, weeks, months. ridiculous! now gree is on the edge of failing this product to death. what if gree sold it to someone who shows us even a bigger finger?

gree should merge with yahoo and bing .. they are champions at buying services and then failing them miserably and then shutting doors :D

Zedsta
05-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Lol. It's like I said ages ago. I'm sure some one here can write game code. Make game similar to this. Make it so we buy game from store for like £5 . And game play is free. U just use ingame money to do every thing else

TZora
05-31-2013, 01:29 AM
if it was "that easy" to write games, everybody would be running their own gaming business here lol.

gree is a corporate and they're about to cry over people's demands from this game. badly written code or whatever .. looks to me they can't handle crimecity alone, talk about their other titles ...

bald zeemer
05-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Just to clarify that article, as there seems to be some confusion. The drop in revenue isn't from CC/MW/KA dropping off, it's from their zynga-style games dropping off.

The issue isn't that CC et al. aren't producing revenue anymore, it's that because they are Gree are trying to use them to prop up the rest of their business.

TZora
05-31-2013, 01:47 AM
looks like the article is about their local games .. some card games or something like that .. oh well, my bad. i thought it was about their whole gaming thing including these titles too.

to be honest, i was happy to read that article believing it was about these titles. the way things are going, the day isn't far away when these titles will also put gree to shame ..

Fatherllama
05-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Lol. It's like I said ages ago. I'm sure some one here can write game code. Make game similar to this. Make it so we buy game from store for like £5 . And game play is free. U just use ingame money to do every thing else

Or Gree could what every other successful game that pumps out new content does -- swap to one of several models, including sub-to-play, free with premium member subs, or free with cosmetic/convenience options for money.

bald zeemer
05-31-2013, 03:08 AM
If they keep going as they are these games will eventually have a falloff in revenue, but right now syndicates have turned a lot of players into gold players, and turned a lot of moderate gold players into big gold players. Then the introduction of new events has played onto that.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - the reason people are spending is because the events are significantly more interesting than what we had before. They just need to think about protecting long-term revenue streams. There are enough examples of companies keeping games going for years and maintaining strong in-game purchase results. I'm pretty sure none of them combined appalling customer support with increasingly desperate attempts to ramp up already high spending.

MattThomas08
05-31-2013, 04:57 AM
A lot of really bad ideas in this thread for how to run a game. Gree has tapped into the Funzio game purchase and have done really well with it financially. They made a great improvement for themselves and for game players with Syndicates/Guilds/Factions and found an even better profit maker. The problem is they aren't doing it in a sustainable way. They are losing good players left and right due to overreaching on frequency and failing to handle customer support properly. When a customer complains, it's not a good idea to burn them worse.

They've got a great business model for profit, I think they just need to work on the implementation. In fairness to the mods, I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do about it and they're just as frustrated as us. Look at how Gree is treating its players. You really think they're treating their employees much better than us?

I don't suspect they are planning to abandon the game if its carrying them. Even if they did, they would sell it, not shut it down.

N41LZ
05-31-2013, 05:33 AM
It seems like CC is not generating enough revenue.

MW is more spaced out evenly with its events and has better incentives - eg. 40% off sale, "Thank You" items (special single-objective goal with good item prize).

MW certainly feels more generous to it's players suggesting it's profits are steady and they do not wish to risk pi$$ing them off

[KA - not sure so won't comment]

Back to CC - the attempts at encouraging expenditure is escalating more and more desperately...

TZora
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
A lot of really bad ideas in this thread for how to run a game. Gree has tapped into the Funzio game purchase and have done really well with it financially. They made a great improvement for themselves and for game players with Syndicates/Guilds/Factions and found an even better profit maker. The problem is they aren't doing it in a sustainable way. They are losing good players left and right due to overreaching on frequency and failing to handle customer support properly. When a customer complains, it's not a good idea to burn them worse.

They've got a great business model for profit, I think they just need to work on the implementation. In fairness to the mods, I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do about it and they're just as frustrated as us. Look at how Gree is treating its players. You really think they're treating their employees much better than us?

I don't suspect they are planning to abandon the game if its carrying them. Even if they did, they would sell it, not shut it down.
and yet, you said the same things that i said .. in a different way