PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification please

junkkicker
05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Is CJ a forum moderator or developer for Gree? His profile says " developer", but he always has to verify and get game related info from somebody else. If he is just a forum mod, then it makes sense that he doesn't have all the answer we all so desperately seek.

whiskeybravo
05-30-2013, 09:44 PM
I believe he is the gree keyboard server engineer, and mods here on the side.

CJ54
05-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Is CJ a forum moderator or developer for Gree? His profile says " developer", but he always has to verify and get game related info from somebody else. If he is just a forum mod, then it makes sense that he doesn't have all the answer we all so desperately seek.

As I've said a couple of times before in different threads, my official title is support manager. I end up in a thick of a lot of the situations/decisions since I have been involved with the game since it was launched, but I do not always have the answers depending on which team is involved in whatever the question is relevant to. Multiple teams are involved in the game, we're not a hive mind, and an enormous volume of information has to be passed around daily at the best of times so there is an aspect of selective information storage at work. Example: I don't generally need to know what the engineers are doing with the server code, unless that is going to impact the players (most changes don't actually touch the actual game mechanics, and they happen with extreme frequency to address performance). And sometimes we don't know that something is going to actually affect player experience until after the fact. You guys may be the first reporters. Or we may already know something, but there may be multiple teams weighing in on a change or solution and I'm not sure what the current status is because I've mainly had my head up a major Crime City issue all day.

The main reason I often say that I have to verify is because I do not like being less than 100% with you guys. That is the same reason I preface things with "My understanding is.." or similar. As I said, enormous volume of information. If I say something from an official standpoint, you guys deserve to have the most correct info available on the given topic.

We couldn't answer every question that people have even in a perfect situation, though.

junkkicker
05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
So we have to share you with the crime city folks also?

zhugeliang
05-30-2013, 10:10 PM
As I've said a couple of times before in different threads, my official title is support manager. I end up in a thick of a lot of the situations/decisions since I have been involved with the game since it was launched, but I do not always have the answers depending on which team is involved in whatever the question is relevant to. Multiple teams are involved in the game, we're not a hive mind, and an enormous volume of information has to be passed around daily at the best of times so there is an aspect of selective information storage at work. Example: I don't generally need to know what the engineers are doing with the server code, unless that is going to impact the players (most changes don't actually touch the actual game mechanics, and they happen with extreme frequency to address performance). And sometimes we don't know that something is going to actually affect player experience until after the fact. You guys may be the first reporters. Or we may already know something, but there may be multiple teams weighing in on a change or solution and I'm not sure what the current status is because I've mainly had my head up a major Crime City issue all day.

The main reason I often say that I have to verify is because I do not like being less than 100% with you guys. That is the same reason I preface things with "My understanding is.." or similar. As I said, enormous volume of information. If I say something from an official standpoint, you guys deserve to have the most correct info available on the given topic.

We couldn't answer every question that people have even in a perfect situation, though.

CJ, you are obviously involved with many different things and doing the best you can. Would you please let the power that be know that GREE has a customer service problem and they need to get more people to help you out?

This hacking issue aside, it seems a lot of the complaints are the result of lack of communication from the GREE team. I'm not sure how long this game will survive when the common perception amongst the players are "GREE don't care about us."

CJ54
05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
So we have to share you with the crime city folks also?

Off forums, all the original Funzio titles: Crime City, Modern War, Kingdom Age and Monster Quest. Sometimes others or general policy depending on the situation. On forums, it depends on what is up at a particular moment, but I will be on here less as some of our other red names take over (see below).

CJ, you are obviously involved with many different things and doing the best you can. Would you please let the power that be know that GREE has a customer service problem and they need to get more people to help you out?

This hacking issue aside, it seems a lot of the complaints are the result of lack of communication from the GREE team. I'm not sure how long this game will survive when the common perception amongst the players are "GREE don't care about us."

Well, that's exactly why there are more people with red names and blue text showing up lately. We're ramping that up.

zhugeliang
05-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Off forums, all the original Funzio titles: Crime City, Modern War, Kingdom Age and Monster Quest. Sometimes others or general policy depending on the situation. On forums, it depends on what is up at a particular moment, but I will be on here less as some of our other red names take over (see below).

Well, that's exactly why there are more people with red names and blue text showing up lately. We're ramping that up.

These other people with red names and blue text need to be more active. Geez, this is almost like Faction recruiting - good help is hard to find.