PDA

View Full Version : Solution?

Led
05-30-2013, 07:41 PM
What do you guys and gals feel would be a fair solution to this recent predicament?

Captin
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Their isn't one...

wittywon
05-30-2013, 07:43 PM
An apology and refund all of the gold spent on the last war would be a start.

mxz
05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
How about a free ground unit?

barrito
05-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Hire some police to root out the cheaters and hackers with an area on the site to anonymously report "suspicious" players. Toss a few off and ban them would make others think twice.

BTW this forum is more fun than the game

gero
05-30-2013, 07:58 PM

Much cheaper too!

This cannot be fixed. Must be torn down and rebuilt or abandoned entirely.

Slick50
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
How about a free ground unit?
The Omega Mobile SAM is all I need to stay warm at night.

Golf4life
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
but why would they want to spend money to get rid of money?

some legit players are too competitive and will spend tons of real money to beat the Violators.

Hire some police to root out the cheaters and hackers with an area on the site to anonymously report "suspicious" players. Toss a few off and ban them would make others think twice.

Jhenry02
05-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Unban all the accounts banned off the forums

zhugeliang
05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Their isn't one...

This is very vague. Are you saying there isn't a solution or are you saying there isn't a predicament?

Xela
05-30-2013, 08:19 PM
This game reminds me of the movie Zulu Dawn..the British fight valiantly but eventually are hacked to death because of the sheer numbers of Zulu warriors.

honest Abe
05-30-2013, 09:48 PM
I think all the top 10 teams should be refunded their proportional gold that was spent due to the problem hacktion pushing the score up. That would be a start.

thedarkprince
05-30-2013, 09:51 PM
I think all the top 10 teams should be refunded their proportional gold that was spent due to the problem hacktion pushing the score up. That would be a start.

Why stop there? What about all the factions outside of top 10 who have been spending gold to try and break in? The important thing here is Gree need to do something. Inaction won't be tolerated.

CRAWFORD
05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Honestly? I don't know. I hope so... the one problem is see is that this is something that has been ignored for a long time. I have a feeling that this situation has not been dealt with very rationally. I don't know what Gree management is thinking.

Sniper76
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Honestly? I don't know. I hope so... the one problem is see is that this is something that has been ignored for a long time. I have a feeling that this situation has not been dealt with very rationally. I don't know what Gree management is thinking.

They are thinking dollar signs...just dollar signs. Someone will tell them tomorrow what happened..lol

Sal T Iguana
05-31-2013, 05:19 AM
10 hits for every 25 gold during war is a start.

Big John
05-31-2013, 05:23 AM
90% gold sale

TheOracle
05-31-2013, 05:49 AM
We will perform a thorough investigation and then we will work to make up for it after we have determined how much of an effect this had on players.

I want to assure you that we have always made game fairness a priority and though it may not seem like it as we do not state what we do behind the scenes, we stay very busy and we look at detailed logs of players' accounts every single day and take action against suspicious players that we find.

As CJ said in another thread, players will always work to find exploits or loopholes in coding. If you have played any multiplayer game ever, you will know that players will always look for a way to get ahead, even if it is by using an unfair advantage. We are very grateful for all the reports that you guys send in to us as you are our eyes and ears in the game.

Some players feel like we just ignore these cheat reports, but we look into every single one that is sent our way, and we have always taken action in cases where we find suspicious activity. If we could inform you of the specific actions we take, we would, but our privacy policy, which is in place to protect all of our players, outlines that we do not discuss anyone's account information.

I'd like to thank you all again for your patience and once we have any new information, we'll let you know.

NaRciS
05-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Thanks Oracle,

Where has everyone one gone or should I not ask...

This is very disconcerting for other members.

Philsbase
05-31-2013, 06:17 AM
+1 thanks for the post although I believe Gree was informed about this exploit many weeks if not months ago maybe!

We will perform a thorough investigation and then we will work to make up for it after we have determined how much of an effect this had on players.

I want to assure you that we have always made game fairness a priority and though it may not seem like it as we do not state what we do behind the scenes, we stay very busy and we look at detailed logs of players' accounts every single day and take action against suspicious players that we find.

As CJ said in another thread, players will always work to find exploits or loopholes in coding. If you have played any multiplayer game ever, you will know that players will always look for a way to get ahead, even if it is by using an unfair advantage. We are very grateful for all the reports that you guys send in to us as you are our eyes and ears in the game.

Some players feel like we just ignore these cheat reports, but we look into every single one that is sent our way, and we have always taken action in cases where we find suspicious activity. If we could inform you of the specific actions we take, we would, but our privacy policy, which is in place to protect all of our players, outlines that we do not discuss anyone's account information.

I'd like to thank you all again for your patience and once we have any new information, we'll let you know.

ffp
05-31-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't doubt that you are working hard to fix the issues but you do need to get on top of them, fast. You do want customers that PROMOTES your company not warn people away. Liberal usage of the banhammer doesn't help either.

Some of us gets it, you have a massive user database that has no quiet hours due to the international nature of the game and running diagnostics on it is massive task. Why not organise a week or two without any events to get rid of questionable users? Alot of us are begging for extra time between events anyway. win-win for both parties.

Surfing
05-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Why not organize a week or two without any events to get rid of questionable users? Alot of us are begging for extra time between events anyway. win-win for both parties.

That is one of the most constructive things I have heard in Days!!

whitefire
05-31-2013, 06:44 AM
Big John,
You may actually have some point. The folks most hit by this are the money spenders, less the free players. First of all, proper reparation is impossible (I think too much has been damaged, but damage control is still required). I'd do the following:
- Big spenders: Triple the bonuses for the bonus program for the last two months or so
- Money spenders: Do a 60-70% percent sale as a gesture to players (and to increase expenditure)
- Offer some nice trinket to alle players units are often too lame (SAMs) or too powerful. I'd go for 150-200 gold or so. Costs nothing and is probably effective
- Communicate, communicate, communicate !!!! Half of all the flak Gree is -rightfully- getting is due to poor and especially lack of communication. The fact that the ltq started too late for instance is silly, but it would have been a lot better if CJ said it would beforehand or immediately after. Also with the non stacking units in one ltq (what -were- you thinking?). It took far too long before a reaction came. And even saying that you've taken note, will investigate and will report on it within 24 hours would avoid a lot of criticism (but then you actually have to abide by that timeframe). This is communication 101 Gree, not rocket science! This kinda stuff costs next to nothing and avoids a lot of grief.
- The way you are handling hackers right now isn't good enough. Gree has dropped the ball on that one and now customers are expecting more. If Gree doesn't fix this, I expect an increase in hacking and decrease in income for Gree. I'd go for a maximum process time of two weeks and an answer if you have found that player to be cheating or not (no further explanation).
- Apologise. Say you f-ed up. You know you did. It's not that hard. Say you'll do better next time.

This seems like a lot, but all in all the above costs little and I think it's required given the current circumstances.

Surfing
05-31-2013, 07:04 AM

Oracle,

Thank you very much for your post.

I believe you guys are working your hearts out on this.

As a Manager over both Software Engineering Teams and Data Teams ...

- Of course I would know HOW to hack .. that's not why I come to this game.. ban all cheaters.

- Knowing about and plugging every possible exploit is really hard.. yes I get it

-Given that you guys have our profiles saved on your server it just seems like a lot of improvement could happen here fast with simple exception reporting.

-- Every day produce a report of the 1% of the players that grew the fastest and assign an admin and engineer to study it for 1) best customers that should be encouraged and rewarded with free something 2) obvious immediate ban candidates and 3) to get early visibility of the newest exploits.

-- Every day produce a report of that have of players that have x of really hard to get energy units, sorted by the players with the most increase in the last week on top.. Welcome to Energy Ban central!

and so on..

Yes you need to keep plugging holes and that is a lot of work.
It seems like there are so many glaring examples ready for action right now in existing accounts that a major house cleaning is required to restore credibility to the game.

-- My recommendations is that just take a month and clean house of existing cheaters.. much like when Microsof.. on the little gaming console xbo... studied player profiles for a month and then in one shot banned 150,000 accounts.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Big John
05-31-2013, 07:12 AM
It's a difficult one to deal with, should the whole faction suffer because of the minority. Some sort of refund for any faction affected or units added that they missed out on would be reasonable.

Sal T Iguana
05-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Oracle this sounds great and all but you guys need to set up a dedicated chat for these type of situations. As I understand you've (Gree) been contacted multiple times yesterday from a particular individual about these events. You haven't responded.

Ramrod024
05-31-2013, 07:39 AM
There should be groups for levels to fight. The fact that a level over 200 with over 600k attack and defense can attack someone with level 150-185 with only 200k defense is absurd. This should be fixed because these people aren't even in the same league, and half of those high level stats holders are hackers that got what they have before all the glitches were fixed.

Bolognium
05-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Hire an intern, data download to excel sheet. Look for statistical abnormalities and research. Boom.

lemonhaze
05-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Oracle,

Thank you very much for your post.

I believe you guys are working your hearts out on this.

As a Manager over both Software Engineering Teams and Data Teams ...

- Of course I would know HOW to hack .. that's not why I come to this game.. ban all cheaters.

- Knowing about and plugging every possible exploit is really hard.. yes I get it

-Given that you guys have our profiles saved on your server it just seems like a lot of improvement could happen here fast with simple exception reporting.

-- Every day produce a report of the 1% of the players that grew the fastest and assign an admin and engineer to study it for 1) best customers that should be encouraged and rewarded with free something 2) obvious immediate ban candidates and 3) to get early visibility of the newest exploits.

-- Every day produce a report of that have of players that have x of really hard to get energy units, sorted by the players with the most increase in the last week on top.. Welcome to Energy Ban central!

and so on..

Yes you need to keep plugging holes and that is a lot of work.
It seems like there are so many glaring examples ready for action right now in existing accounts that a major house cleaning is required to restore credibility to the game.

-- My recommendations is that just take a month and clean house of existing cheaters.. much like when Microsof.. on the little gaming console xbo... studied player profiles for a month and then in one shot banned 150,000 accounts.

Thanks for the hard work guys! when u send in tickets of ppl with over 500 heavy cannons and 1000 TRs,20 or 30 lead soldiers 20 grom troops etcetc and u get a anwser back saying we are looking into this person but weeks later im still gettin attacked and raided by the people i report wit this type of stats and loot items its dishearting at the least..i believe they are not looking into that person at all..how can they be when they are still running around here..cj said they banned 500 people well thumbs up to that but 500 acts out of what millions is just a drop in the bucket

mxz
05-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Some players feel like we just ignore these cheat reports, but we look into every single one that is sent our way, and we have always taken action in cases where we find suspicious activity. If we could inform you of the specific actions we take, we would, but our privacy policy, which is in place to protect all of our players, outlines that we do not discuss anyone's account information.The problem is that sometimes these actions are continuing to let the cheaters play and spread their knowledge. Or worse, you reward them with a reset.

CJ maintains allowing heavy spenders to get away with cheating isn't considered taking a bribe...I disagree with that. By accepting the promise of future purchases in exchange for reinstatement that's exactly what Gree is doing.

The Mole Who am i??
05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Spend, Spend, Spend
More you spend the more it benefits us
We are here to help you spend

Led
05-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Some players feel like we just ignore these cheat reports, but we look into every single one that is sent our way, and we have always taken action in cases where we find suspicious activity.

I find it hard to believe you look into every single one. I know of players that have reported obvious hackers with no response from gree.

BlackArrow
05-31-2013, 11:21 AM
As CJ said in another thread, players will always work to find exploits or loopholes in coding. If you have played any multiplayer game ever, you will know that players will always look for a way to get ahead, even if it is by using an unfair advantage.

Will you all stop saying this!! I have played tons of multiplayer games..and yes there are cheaters. But there are also streaming services such as punkbuster and PBBans that catch most hacks. But more importantly i only spend 50 bucks once and don't have hundreds or thousands of real cash at stake. Sure there are hackers in multiplayer games...this is not the same.

You have a sweet little business here and a different business model. Security, integrity and fairness is infinitely more important in this model. The model you have sold us on.

Stop with the throw away comments that this happens everywhere. It CAN'T happen here. Gree does not get the benefit of a free pass.

Paul Wall
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM
You're full of crap. You won't let us know a thing. All you just did was defend yourself. You didn't tell us anything pertinent as if every bit of information is top secret. Just admit that you suck as much as the developers around you. Some people just suck. That would be you.

MADCAT
05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
What do you guys and gals feel would be a fair solution to this recent predicament?

im going free hits only
plus im doing something else but wont post that here "yet"
Ill post that news when i want to get perma banned