PDA

View Full Version : GREE's newest game War of Nations is here! Get in early!

BADMARKX
05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Getting tired of Modern War?
GREE's newest game War if Nations is sooooo much better.
So new, it's not on the forum yet.
I believe it's only available in Canada and Philippines right now.
There are many Canadian themed alliances, and I'm starting to learn a bit of Tagalog (Filipino dialect).
I wish more of my fellow forumites were a part of this....
So much different than other GREE games and much more fun.
GREE has added 2 more world maps to play on, so it's a great time to start.
Also, the highest scoring player has yet to spend a dime! (I'm sure that will change soon though)
Sirius, pls don't ban me, I'm trying to give you free advertising.
Ill post more of why this game is unlike other GREE games if Sirius doesn't close this thread.
But it's a lot of fun so far.
There is a YouTube link in my signature with Dan Choa (GREE director of product) to learn more.

Mr. Pink
05-30-2013, 04:43 PM
After watching the video this game has much more promise...especially with the concept of multiple bases and attacking/moving so you can get access to better resources.

glitters
05-30-2013, 04:46 PM
It's just part of the cycle. MW gets replaced by that new war game. Then that new war game gets replaced by another new one a year later.

Dutchie
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
If they think I am going to play that, they have another thing coming. Once bitten, twice shy!

Mr. Pink
05-30-2013, 04:58 PM
If they think I am going to play that, they have another thing coming. Once bitten, twice shy!

Not sure if you watched the youtube video but looks like they will be emphasizing parity which should make the game much more enjoyable as a free player. Campers can truly camp on the periphery of the map while the fighters can crash bang their way to the center. Alliances will naturally coalesce around specific areas.

If the best resources/units are at the center of the map, that area should be equivalent to "top 10" zone.

Time will tell if it actually plays out this way but I'm optimistic. This is the kind of game I wanted when I signed up for MW.

Dutchie
05-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Not sure if you watched the youtube video but looks like they will be emphasizing parity which should make the game much more enjoyable as a free player. Campers can truly camp on the periphery of the map while the fighters can crash bang their way to the center. Alliances will naturally coalesce around specific areas.If the best resources/units are at the center of the map, that area should be equivalent to "top 10" zone.Time will tell if it actually plays out this way but I'm optimistic. This is the kind of game I wanted when I signed up for MW.Nah... I'm sure there will be plenty of other offerings. When a company doesn't do the right things, I tend to vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. It is a very simple concept that I use all the time. I still don't use certain companies to this day and never will again.

Muse_boa
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
I can't keep up with this, every time i want to reply to a thread it's gone, it's exhausting. To jhenry; thanks for explaining tos, lol.

Steelersfan
05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Is it out yet?

Roscoe782
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Nah... I'm sure there will be plenty of other offerings. When a company doesn't do the right things, I tend to vote with my wallet and go elsewhere. It is a very simple concept that I use all the time. I still don't use certain companies to this day and never will again.

Regardless of how good it looks, in the end, they will want their money. They will find ways to get their money. Camping worked in MW too at one point.

Jaebee
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
If they spent as much time watching what was happening in game as they are on this forum...the possibilities could be endless!

BeardedBubba
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
No thanks. I prefer a game that allows for players to be on an even playing field.

Ganja
05-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Getting tired of Modern War?
GREE's newest game War if Nations is sooooo much better.
So new, it's not on the forum yet.
I believe it's only available in Canada and Philippines right now.
There are many Canadian themed alliances, and I'm starting to learn a bit of Tagalog (Filipino dialect).
I wish more of my fellow forumites were a part of this....
So much different than other GREE games and much more fun.
GREE has added 2 more world maps to play on, so it's a great time to start.
Also, the highest scoring player has yet to spend a dime! (I'm sure that will change soon though)
Sirius, pls don't ban me, I'm trying to give you free advertising.
Ill post more of why this game is unlike other GREE games if Sirius doesn't close this thread.
But it's a lot of fun so far.
There is a YouTube link in my signature with Dan Choa (GREE director of product) to learn more.

If you need some lessons on tagalog let me know hahaha I can teach you a thing or two both good and bad words =)

BADMARKX
05-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Imagine if you could match wits withs words on the team you are attacking during MW faction wars....
I am a fighter of good.
Yes, with a world chat, there are many trolls and many colourful words exchanged....
But it is sooooooo much fun when you are able to lay a beat down and put some poor soul who asked for it in time-out for a few hours.
TeamPH

Superdude
05-30-2013, 09:30 PM
I have to say, this game doesn't look as good as others in my opinion...

whiskeybravo
05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Don't think I will be touching any more gree games once I am done with this one.

2nd dan
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Sounds good how do I get it?

ppownage
05-30-2013, 11:18 PM
ios or droid? or both?

BADMARKX
05-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I have ipad2
I don't believe this game has hit the US or European market yet.

2nd dan
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I have ipad2
I don't believe this game has hit the US or European market yet.

How did u get it?

BADMARKX
05-30-2013, 11:36 PM
I guess I should also comment on the displeasure of loyal MW fans....
I am also a customer who has spent hundreds, not thousands on MW.
I've been playing MW since the first weeks and have invested many hours and real dollars.
I doubt MW will go away any time soon.
Especially with so much money being thrown around, and what I assume would be low overhead considering how complicated MW is. But then again....
But this game like music or fashion is just a trend of today.
It will run its course.
Especially considering recent events (see other threads)
So don't quit playing MW, but I just wanted everyone to know, GREE has a new game
and so far it's been pretty fun.
Don't gamble what you can't afford as entertainment
And happy gaming
Bmx

BADMARKX
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
How did u get it?
My current residence is in Canada

WI(AusNz)
05-31-2013, 05:34 AM
Just started half an hour ago. It's available in Australia. Seems very familiar with other time based strategies played on the PC which will remain nameless (terms if use prohibit discussion of games from competitors). Looks addictive and much more intricate than MW but also more $ hungry. Every form of boost can be bought if u have the money

Agent Orange
05-31-2013, 05:44 AM
Hmm why oh why does this remind me of those old board games with the cardboard pieces?

So far not impressed but will try it a bit longer.

Tournai
05-31-2013, 05:46 AM

I can't handle another GREE game at this moment!
K.A
M.W
M.Q ---- Almost no Effort

Philsbase
05-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Good idea for a Gree game how about forum wars........ more fun free to play and once you are defected ie banned you’re out the game for good! No protection offered from gold armies lol Now that would be fun ....!

BADMARKX
05-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Do the bumpty bump
do the bumpty bump

The new guy
05-31-2013, 10:40 PM

Agree with Gree's customer service I don't care how good it looks not going to touch another Gree game, well won't spend anything anyway.

ProCision
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Do you have a link to an apk?

Agent Orange
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Game is only on IOS and appears to be on the Canadian and Australian app stores.

Ok it's not quite as bad as I first suspected. But since buying stuff is an integral part of the game there is no way you can have a level playing field. A number of interesting features, a global chat that all players can see, cool up to the point where all the kiddies took over. Still a neat idea.

You can do multiple attacks from multiple bases and finally you can get help from your alliance members.

So how does this bode for MW? Well seems they took our suggestions and instead of updating this game they rolled out a new one that incorporates a lot of suggestions forumites made. I guess it's nice that someone listened because some features are very cool. I'll wait a bit longer though once everyone drops their shields and we wind up in war to be sure.

Richie.
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a game that's already out called enemy lines...Droid only.

Q Raider
06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
The Commanders energy does not regenerate as claimed, requires either a boost won in a battle or real money to regenerate.

The chat system is a total waste of space as is merely a haven for crass individuals with poor literacy skills to congregate in and flood with inane and profane comments.

Dutchie
06-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Sounds like a game that's already out called enemy lines...Droid only. In this day and age, we are spoilt for choice...

Air Force Vet
06-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Wow, how do some guys on this forum have the time to play multi-games? I'm multi-tasked and retired but, come on I can barely keep my head afloat playing MW. I guess if you have time to fill, try it. But, I have to much time and effort already committed in MW.

BlackArrow
06-02-2013, 03:41 AM
The new My Little Pony App is out...looks promising.

SPARKS
06-02-2013, 05:36 AM
So how much longer does MW have, they can't just remove it can they? Will support be removed completely?.....any thoughts?

thunder
06-02-2013, 05:44 AM
So how much longer does MW have, they can't just remove it can they? Will support be removed completely?.....any thoughts?

When they no longer make money. You will tell the time is near when they have a 50 percent off sale or morenthan 50 percent off. There will be people loading up on vaults only to find out a short while later the servers have been shut down.

Agent Orange
06-02-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't think that Gree would just shut things down. But I would expect to start seeing the following.

- reduction in staffing
- slow or no roll outs of new content such as buildings
- slow response to customer issues
- timelines on new content or events missed
- bugs no longer fixed

Buckwheats
06-02-2013, 06:54 AM
I don't think that Gree would just shut things down. But I would expect to start seeing the following.

- reduction in staffing
- slow or no roll outs of new content such as buildings
- slow response to customer issues
- timelines on new content or events missed
- bugs no longer fixed

All of those things already have happened

Agent Orange
06-02-2013, 06:58 AM
All of those things already have happened

Whoops.....

Poopenshire
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I wonder if anyone has contacted EA and Maxxis for theft of IP.....way too many similarities between 2 different games by those publishers.....

thunder
06-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Is the game a war game from this time in Age or from 1000 years ago? I dont like them war games from a long time ago

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Is the game a war game from this time in Age or from 1000 years ago? I dont like them war games from a long time ago

despite his wealth, king henry didnt have a pc in his reign

thunder
06-02-2013, 08:17 AM
You know what i meant

Tito89
06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
You know what i meant

i know, just wanted to troll, but i do agree, much prefer games not based on real events, like for example ww1 and 2

Sinner
06-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Where in Canada ? Not availible in Manitoba yet

BADMARKX
06-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Where in Canada ? Not availible in Manitoba yet
Hmmmm
I'm in Toronto, but I know of some players in BC and Alberta.

Jammed Up
06-02-2013, 10:29 AM
NO.

No, I will not participate in another circle-jerk with Gree.

Jd-fors
06-02-2013, 11:30 AM
So,instead of fixing what they got they go and launch another one paid for by us.shame on GREE for not taking the money we spend on MW to make MW better.i pity the players of this new game if the foundation was cloned from this game.and that chat you describe will be nothing but threats and profanity real quick unless one of the MW mods switches over,then there will be no chat at all.lmfao.good luck with that!

MWsir
06-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Gree,
This is a MW forum. Can you please close the thread as it is completely irrelevant ?
Thanks in advance!

IlliniFan1
06-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have any screenshots of the game?

Riptide
06-02-2013, 02:19 PM
where did you get this top secret info?

Agent Orange
06-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi Gree,
This is a MW forum. Can you please close the thread as it is completely irrelevant ?
Thanks in advance!

Actually this thread is relevant since this game is most likely going to replace MW.

x-Mark
06-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Good game so far I prefer it over mw. Commanders regenerate without paying

The_Don
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
No more GREE games for me. Shame really

Led
06-02-2013, 11:28 PM
I didn't see this posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGkv3L8HmQ

Play time of war of nations.

HunterKiller
06-03-2013, 05:18 AM
What are the chances of this being released in NZ? Gree hates us Kiwis for some reason, we can not download any of their games anymore, so when they pull the plug on MW that will be the end of my time gaming with Gree. Which may not be such a bad thing.

Q Raider
06-03-2013, 06:55 AM
What are the chances of this being released in NZ? Gree hates us Kiwis for some reason, we can not download any of their games anymore, so when they pull the plug on MW that will be the end of my time gaming with Gree. Which may not be such a bad thing.

Surprised that it is available in Aus but not in NZ?

The game is in desparate need of removing the multitude of people who apparently think posting mindless profanity over and over gain is somehow humorous.

uanmi
06-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Is this the War of Nations forum?
What about the bugs with this game - commanders never getting energy, never getting power fusion cells and so on?

Fkof
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'm all set funding another Gree blunder...I'll stick with what they already don't support and once I've had my fill, hit delete and hope they have good resume building skills.

2nd Sea Raiders
06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Modern war will be my last Gree game sadly.

ProCision
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM

Jail Break your Idevice and install the IPA.

MWsir
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Please close the thread. Go spamming about another game in a non-dedicated forum.
Or shall we discuss Black Opps, GTA, ... Here too?
Be consequent moderators!

ProCision
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
just happens that said game is owned by gree. and these are the gree forums. I am sure they would not care.

gingerbear
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Why would anyone here ever play another GREE game? Serious question.

Agent Orange
06-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Please close the thread. Go spamming about another game in a non-dedicated forum.
Or shall we discuss Black Opps, GTA, ... Here too?
Be consequent moderators!

#1 This is a Gree game forum and War of Nations is a new Gree game
#2 Gree has not added a new forum for this game
#3 Your concept of spam is seriously flawed

Agent Orange
06-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Why would anyone here ever play another GREE game? Serious question.

And that is a very good question, or should it be, why would anyone ever pay for another Gree game?

Ok so the gloves are off in WoN and I can attack and try and capture renegade or other bases, or NOT. Seems there were a few tricks up Gree's sleeve so that players would not get decimated and quit rather then get addicted and spend.

The spending process is fairly well hidden until you realize it is the only way to advance in some aspects of the game so they gotcha. I actually like a lot of the play mechanic as it is a lot more interesting then MW, in fact there might even be a bit of strategy involved in playing this game!

But there are a few odd and somewhat frustrating things I've stumbled upon.

#1 you cannot capture another players primary base. I guess I can understand the logic in that since all players can attack each other regardless of level! Kind of neat but because you wind up with developers who have unlimited resources or gold players this could get rather demoralizing quickly. The playing field is far from even.

#2 it seems there is a bug which prevents you from capturing renegade bases. I just captured one yet the game shows the base still up as renegade yet my mission report says otherwise. Ticket with screen grabs sent in.

#3 very slow regeneration of commander health

#4 no way to block or shut off the global chat, this btw was a very cool idea right up until the point where all the kids in Australia started spamming it.

So how does it compare to MW, overall I like it better. They took a lot of suggestions from players here and instead of adding them into MW they built a whole new game. The ability to group attacks is very cool, and the ability to send reinforcements to your outlying bases OR allies is very neat.

In terms of strategy, there is quite a bit to learn and as always documentation is a bit lacking. But guess we will see just how skewed the game becomes in terms of gold players vs non gold.

megaants
06-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Shrug,I think this is another same game, the key is the rare resources in the middle of the map, which takes time for free player to get, but if you are a gold spender, you can just buy those resources, and take the center easier. Somehow, free players are still screwed. This is why I like CoC

Sir fisher
06-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Is this game available in the UK , does anybody know thanks in advance

Faction 615-700-469
06-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I've tried the game. it's pretty good but I have one big problem with it.

another player attacks me. fine, I build up my units and send them in. well I can't - the other player somehow went back to being immune!

I understand making new players immune, but this guy is not new and by attacking he gave up his immunity. how does he get immunity back!?

youj
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
I've tried the game. it's pretty good but I have one big problem with it.

another player attacks me. fine, I build up my units and send them in. well I can't - the other player somehow went back to being immune!

I understand making new players immune, but this guy is not new and by attacking he gave up his immunity. how does he get immunity back!?

I think if he loses one of his outposts, he will be immune for few hours.

frenda
07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
If you take a certain amount of losses you go back to immunity (bubble boy) until you rebuild. Pretty cool feature. The alliances are great and alliances agree to truces etc. it makes for complex strategies and diplomacy light years beyond Modern War.

piercedtoy20
07-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I wont be playing i play crime city if you want to call it play , plus modern war and gree has not impressed me with either. Very poor customer sevice in both with response to tickets. So I wont be playing any more gree games just to have more poor service in another game. I started playing shipwrecked. Just because its not a gree game.

mitch1029
07-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Must admit it seems to have the foundations to be a decent game, it's just a bit boring at the minute. You build a base and attack people around you. Not much to do other than that. Still, it's early days so it will improve.

Screwloose
07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
The main chat is disgraceful!! There's just kids using playground taunts at each other or accusing each other of being sexually molested as a child....it's disgusting the things I've read people say to each other.

There needs to be moderators on the chat, just having names of moderators would discourage most of what I've seen.