PDA

View Full Version : @Mods: a little heavy on the stickies?

mxz
05-30-2013, 08:15 AM
15 stickies and only 20 threads on the first page - maybe we could unsticky some of those.

Ones to keep (in semi-priority order):
Posting Guidelines
Personal Information Safety
HK's Modern War FAQs
General Tips for n00
WD Feedback Thread
Profile Bonus Section Display Bug
Regard the 3 hits per regen (for another week or so?)
Stats during Attack/Weird Losses (for another week or so?)

Ones to remove:
Game of the Name
Battle for Ireland Winers!
World Domination China
QueenPin's MW FAQs (really? this is a copy/paste from in-game and not as comprehensive as others)
Improved Casualty Rates
New Sub-Forum for Faction Recruitment
New Release for Android Players! (ok maybe this can stay for another week?)

If I'm crazy, let me know. Just seems like some of those are stale. Maybe for the winners lists there could be a master thread stickied and the individual lists linked.

atretes1
05-30-2013, 08:21 AM
That's funny I was just thinking the same thing.

CJ54
05-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, those have gotten a little crazy, haven't they. Thanks for the suggestion, mxz.

Dutchie
05-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah, those have gotten a little crazy, haven't they. Thanks for the suggestion, mxz.

We all know how you love your stickies, but doing your car with stickies was a little over the top ;P

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rd9190.jpg

Paul Wall
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I posted about this a few days ago but it went unnoticed. Stickies are supposed to be epic and/or time pieces, not random bulletins.

Sok82
05-30-2013, 10:37 AM
If I could make a suggestion --

Can we have a sticky thread that is called, "World Domination Results" -- This would be updated on a monthly basis with a link to the most recent WD results thread. Eventually, links to every WD event would be readily accessible (instead of past results threads getting buried deep within the forum).

Edit: To clarify why I think this would be helpful, recently my faction was considering a merger with another group, and I was trying to do research to see how they had performed in past WD events (to see if they were steadily getting better, or declining). It was a pain to dig through the forum and find all of the results threads, so having links to every WD event results thread in one sticky thread would have made that a lot easier. I'm sure there would be other uses for it, but that's the specific reason why I thought I'd throw the idea out there. I'm sure it would also be helpful to people who are considering switching factions and want to see performance trends.