PDA

View Full Version : The data sheet is broken

Varza
05-30-2013, 05:12 AM
I'm sure it's been noticed already, but I'd like to further draw your attention to the fact that the armors data sheet is now (almost) all wrong. It looks like someone sorted the first column alphabetically without selecting the rest, so the corresponding data no longer matches.

Now, does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I have a version saved locally, but I think it's a slightly dated version. I don't think we should need to re-enter all the info, but I don't know who has the master copy and is able to just replace it. And it might be good to make it read-only. Or only allow trustworthy members of this forum to edit it? Just a thought...

Sir.
05-30-2013, 06:48 AM
It is read only now, but still completely wrong. The "Copy of Armors 1" tab is correct for anyone who needs to refer to it, but it is indeed outdated. I'm pretty sure Harvey is the original owner of the document?

Nemmer
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I have a working version of the datasheet saved as .xlsx on my PC at home. I could provide that one to the original owner; it even has an overall points sum column as well as two automated EHP-columns.

I also have the "copy or armors (1)"-sheet included, so I could re-vamp some of the origonal values. Once we're done with correcting it, we could lock all the areas containing formulas, so the sheet won't be messed up again.

Send me a message if you, dear owner, want my document sent to you.

busteroaf
05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
The joys of having a community document where anyone can access it. There is always gonna be that one person that goofs something up and closes/saves it without realizing it. Happens all the time.

Neomagic
05-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Now, lets as a whole community help fix it. Nemmer has a great starting point :)

Sunsfan1caw
05-30-2013, 10:59 AM
The creator of the spreadsheet is discopalace123. He is not active on this forum anymore, but if you send him a PM, I'm sure he'd help restore a correct copy. He is the first poster on this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?45654-Knights-and-Dragons

Varza
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I strongly suspect google docs auto-saves. Makes it even easier to make mistakes like this.

The joys of having a community document where anyone can access it. There is always gonna be that one person that goofs something up and closes/saves it without realizing it. Happens all the time.

Yeah, Nemmer has a good point - and welcome to the forum, by the way. If the original owner does not respond, I guess we could just work with your versions and restore it. Let me know if and how I can help! :)

indonesian
05-30-2013, 07:22 PM
sorry for out of the topic

but..

i dont know why, when sir dot says harvey's name, my heart beats increase, am i falling in love...?

busteroaf
05-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Google docs does auto-save, but if someone goofs, there are "undo" buttons, even after an auto-save. Just like any excel or word doc, as long as you don't close the file, whoever "edits" it, can undo their recent changes.

Varza
05-31-2013, 03:26 AM
sorry for out of the topic

but..

i dont know why, when sir dot says harvey's name, my heart beats increase, am i falling in love...?

Must be his avatar :P Anyway, I hope he's not the owner of the doc, because he quit and I doubt he's coming back to these forums.

Slevinn
05-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Must be his avatar :P Anyway, I hope he's not the owner of the doc, because he quit and I doubt he's coming back to these forums.

Harvey is not the owner nor the woman in the avatar.

Howzee87
06-01-2013, 02:52 AM
I've got a working version of the spreadsheet too.
I've been updating it myself and filled in a few gaps in the current one.

Nemmer, if you're interested I could send you mine to compare and see if we've got all the info that's available.

A question for all of you that have used the spreadsheet - which tabs (pages) do you use?

I've really only found the armour list usefull but it wouldn't be too hard to fix up some of the others. I had started adjusting the materials drop area tab so I could finish that one of pretty easily.

I think replacing it might be the best option - have a thread to announce the new link and ask people to submit any data they have to fill any gaps. It could be used as a hub for gathering data as new armours are released and new bosses appear.
And only allow one (maybe up to 3) person/people edit it.

I have a working version of the datasheet saved as .xlsx on my PC at home. I could provide that one to the original owner; it even has an overall points sum column as well as two automated EHP-columns.

I also have the "copy or armors (1)"-sheet included, so I could re-vamp some of the origonal values. Once we're done with correcting it, we could lock all the areas containing formulas, so the sheet won't be messed up again.

Send me a message if you, dear owner, want my document sent to you.

leohern
06-01-2013, 03:00 AM
I dont know if this is the correct place to ask it but well i hope im dont bothering you
dear comunity, i was playing this great game on my ipod touch when it begin to crash
when i reboot my ipod the app was uninstalled when i re-install it appears to be an error 100007
i dont know what to do, and i dont want to lose all my progress please help me
:C

Varza
06-01-2013, 04:24 AM
I dont know if this is the correct place to ask it but well i hope im dont bothering you
dear comunity, i was playing this great game on my ipod touch when it begin to crash
when i reboot my ipod the app was uninstalled when i re-install it appears to be an error 100007
i dont know what to do, and i dont want to lose all my progress please help me
:C

This might be related to the recent update. You would have better luck looking in the other threads about it, like the "Guilds Guide" and the thread about the hotfixes they did that The Wise One posted.

Regarding the data sheet - thanks to *Nemmer* for sending me an up-to-date version! I'll be working on an interface for it over the weekend that should prevent problems like these while still allowing everyone to view the data and also allow additions through an online form. Bear with me, I haven't done this before, so it may take a little while. But I am confident it can be done with relative ease, as I've seen it done before with Google Docs.