PDA

View Full Version : Future of LTQs and walkthroughs by Devin

Devin
05-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi folks,

So this last ltq was a monster... More energy, more gold, lower stats. Those facts are clear, and can be reviewed and analyzed based on prior ltq events and prior wd events.

In my opinion, if GREE leaves the ltq as it just was, the ltq will essentially be dead. That's my own personal opinion. It just doesn't tap into the group of people willing to spend a little bit of gold, but not as much as the top tier wd events cost. However, I'd guess GREE won't leave the ltq as it was either - something is always changing in MW. Future ltqs might get better, might get worse, or might get replaced.

I'm not independently wealthy, and those that have attacked and raided me know I'm not some untouchablely high stat player... Basically what gold I have goes to the ltqs to build the walkthroughs. I am in a wonderful top 250 faction, with casual/ low/ no gold use. REG if you're curious.

*If* you're planning on spending 3,000 or more gold on an event, I encourage you to talk with a top 10 faction. If unsure, you can contact me and I can point you to several great groups. Most are recruiting all the time, and most are excellent groups of people. Generally, the requirements are in that 3000 gold range. Spending 3,000+ gold on an ltq as they are presently formatted is a bad idea, unless you have lots of gold and are also in a top 10 faction.

So the question to the forum people is, what do you want? Some options I see:

1. GREE changes something and this entire thread becomes moot.

2. Somehow I figure out how to cover some of my costs - i dont need to be paid for, but i cant sacrifice all the gold, levels, stats, to my peril. I've deliberately not commented on accepting donations, as some have proposed, because I have no fair means of doing so. But, I respect that many use this information and it can save folks a lot of money. If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy?

3. We simply live without walkthroughs. I'm sure key details about bonus units will still get posted. But planning based on full details will probably not exist. Of course, if all future ltqs are like this, I doubt there will be many who care to plan.

4. I show someone else/ others how to do it, so we get a group of people. That can.... There a several time savers I use to help and ensure I don't miss info. Someone else picks up the cause?

5. Some other idea?

I've got gold enough to do maybe 1 more of these monsters, but the larger problem is the gold spend has become very sacrificial. At 4000 gold, that'd have paid a top 10 for last WD, with roughly double the immediate stat gains, and significant boosts. The ltq was about 1/3rd the benefit of the last wd event.

Looking forward to what you have to say, thanks!
Devin

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I would definitely give to you over the "Nuclear Option" Devin. If youy set up Paypal you may be onto something.

Thief
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Devin,

Unfortunately the LTQ really are a bad move if they continue going in the same direction. I have a feeling that gree will slowly start to bring them back down to earth but i suspect we won't see many modifiers (bonus units) if any and the Units might slowly get better while it gets slightly cheaper again.

1) Gree will change it when they see players are not willing to spend money on the LTQ. The problem becomes how long with this take? 2-3 LTQ events?

2) I would certainly be willing to contribute though donations or a app download but an app dowload would require hundreds of downloads to help even cover half of your costs.

3)Then again how many details do we really need if it's just a matter of you don't get any bonus units, The units are not worth it and it would cost 4k gold to finish. Obviously with now defining point to push towards X unit i don't know if i see the same value other than don't waste your gold in general.

4) Not sure it would be the same if someone else is going to do it but perhaps if they are willing to fill some of your shoes while we travel through this dark time it might be a good idea.

In the end we need Gree to fix something. I feared that Gree might ruin the game with the LTQ but that doesn't/didn't seem to stop them in KA.

thunder
05-29-2013, 12:35 PM
I thankyou. One event you saved me a couple hundred gold as i had to upgrade some buildings. You posting that information saved me some gold. I finished the other pve limited time events but not this one this one i will just play for free unless im close on getting a good unit thanks to you. Thanks dont feel bad if you dont do another one of these

ohgreatitsryan
05-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Last night a few of my faction members and myself were discussing this, and your walkthroughs. We couldn't shake the feeling that this seemed like such a deliberate affront to you, possibly to deter you from doing this service in the future. I'm sure it wasn't, and was just a miscalculation on their part, but still, it's rough.
Regardless, you have my appreciation for all you've done.
I know that I, and many others, would buy a walkthrough app from you for each LTQ.
At lvl 189 and with mediocre stats, LTQs were the only part of this that was enjoyable since the demise of pvp events. I have over 3200 energy, and now, the bar sits full.
I hope they change in the future, and if they dont, I'd still happily support your endeavors.

HGF69
05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Gree only gave themselves to blame for the failure of WD by over inflated real money prices for icons on a phone. C'mon 25 for a refill, let the top factions fight it out for pride. The LTQ events were good but once again when Greed sees a cash vie they destroy it. I don't blame the programmers, they just do what management tells them. It the avarice of Gree that annoys me and the fact they ignore customers. That will ultimately result in the death of this game.

King Dante!
Devin is clearly one of the best assets to this forum, and Gree obviously recognizes this. So with that said, I don't think theres any way Gree sticks with this current level of LTQs moving forward. If they do, we simply don't participate.

I don't think anyone ever wanted Devin to have to sacrifice so much for the good of the forum.

Even though I never compete in the LTQs, simply because they offer too much XP for my play style, Devins threads were still realy useful to me. If Gree does not resolve this, I would not be against donating to Devin to help him recoup from this past LTQ.

ThorSpawn
Hi folks,

2. Somehow I figure out how to cover some of my costs - i dont need to be paid for, but i cant sacrifice all the gold, levels, stats, to my peril. I've deliberately not commented on accepting donations, as some have proposed, because I have no fair means of doing so. But, I respect that many use this information and it can save folks a lot of money. If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy?

Devin

I would buy your "app" every time. I dont even care if you make a huge profit. Its worth it just For the benefit i have received from previous ones, and the time you put in.

RetroEd
05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Devin you've done great work and with 70K plus hits each time, its by far the most popular thread on Modern War. I work on a principal of fairness and I have no objection making a token payment to obtain this information.

How about starting a POLL? It would give you a much better indication of what people are willing to do.

ohgreatitsryan
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
I would buy your "app" every time. I dont even care if you make a huge profit. Its worth it just For the benefit i have received from previous ones, and the time you put in.

I'd also support the idea of you just setting up a password protected webpage. We can donate via paypal for access.

Sok82
05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
If I could make a suggestion -- Instead of accepting paypal payments for very small amounts, perhaps you could set up a PO box and provide an address for people to mail you either cash or iTunes gift cards. That way you could avoid the fees associated with transactional sites like Paypal, and you wouldn't have to give out your personal information to anyone.

Just a suggestion...

Zedsdead
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Set up a paypal account. I'd definitely contribute. Go thru the next LTQ as far as whatever gold you've been able to purchase with the contributions to date will take you.

I know I've saved a ton of time and money based on your walk throughs, I'm sure many feel the same way and would be able to contribute.

If the next couple of LTQs still suck, you could just wind it down then.

Punk604
05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I really find your threads the most useful in the forums. Worth a lot of money in savings TBH. I would buy the app

Bobar
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Devin is clearly one of the best assets to this forum, and Gree obviously recognizes this. So with that said, I don't think theres any way Gree sticks with this current level of LTQs moving forward. If they do, we simply don't participate.

I don't think anyone ever wanted Devin to have to sacrifice so much for the good of the forum.

Even though I never compete in the LTQs, simply because they offer too much XP for my play style, Devins threads were still realy useful to me. If Gree does not resolve this, I would not be against donating to Devin to help him recoup from this past LTQ.

IŽd prefer gree changing it into an playable way again. so we really should stop spending huge amounts of gold to finish such beast-events

Slick50
05-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Devin's work has made a huge impact for me and my faction.

Bravo Zulu
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi folks,

So this last ltq was a monster... More energy, more gold, lower stats. Those facts are clear, and can be reviewed and analyzed based on prior ltq events and prior wd events.

In my opinion, if GREE leaves the ltq as it just was, the ltq will essentially be dead. That's my own personal opinion. It just doesn't tap into the group of people willing to spend a little bit of gold, but not as much as the top tier wd events cost. However, I'd guess GREE won't leave the ltq as it was either - something is always changing in MW. Future ltqs might get better, might get worse, or might get replaced.

I'm not independently wealthy, and those that have attacked and raided me know I'm not some untouchablely high stat player... Basically what gold I have goes to the ltqs to build the walkthroughs. I am in a wonderful top 250 faction, with casual/ low/ no gold use. REG if you're curious.

*If* you're planning on spending 3,000 or more gold on an event, I encourage you to talk with a top 10 faction. If unsure, you can contact me and I can point you to several great groups. Most are recruiting all the time, and most are excellent groups of people. Generally, the requirements are in that 3000 gold range. Spending 3,000+ gold on an ltq as they are presently formatted is a bad idea, unless you have lots of gold and are also in a top 10 faction.

So the question to the forum people is, what do you want? Some options I see:

1. GREE changes something and this entire thread becomes moot.

3. We simply live without walkthroughs. I'm sure key details about bonus units will still get posted. But planning based on full details will probably not exist. Of course, if all future ltqs are like this, I doubt there will be many who care to plan.

4. I show someone else/ others how to do it, so we get a group of people. That can.... There a several time savers I use to help and ensure I don't miss info. Someone else picks up the cause?

5. Some other idea?

I've got gold enough to do maybe 1 more of these monsters, but the larger problem is the gold spend has become very sacrificial. At 4000 gold, that'd have paid a top 10 for last WD, with roughly double the immediate stat gains, and significant boosts. The ltq was about 1/3rd the benefit of the last wd event.

Looking forward to what you have to say, thanks!
Devin

I would be supportive of contributing to help you buy the gold needed for your hard work. I would buy the app also, although depending on whether it costs to put an app on the App Store you might be better off with a free domain with a 'donate to access' for the walk throughs.

thunder
05-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Gree only gave themselves to blame for the failure of WD by over inflated real money prices for icons on a phone. C'mon 25 for a refill, let the top factions fight it out for pride. The LTQ events were good but once again when Greed sees a cash vie they destroy it. I don't blame the programmers, they just do what management tells them. It the avarice of Gree that annoys me and the fact they ignore customers. That will ultimately result in the death of this game.

Failure of wd? Wd pulls in lots of money for gree. I think no one at gree will call the wd a failure.

Procyon
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Devin- your threads are always helpful in telling me when to push through the LTQ but more so, when not to push (like this one). I'd be happy to contribute $ in some manner.

Scot
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
PayPal doesn't charge a fee if you:

1) Send money from a checking account rather than a credit card
2) Select "friend or family" as to who you are sending to rather than purchasing a product.

I use PayPal to sell iTunes cards to some guys that don't have fast access to Best Buy or other distributors to benefit from iTunes sales that sometimes go on at these stores and I have never had an issue with fees.

If I could make a suggestion -- Instead of accepting paypal payments for very small amounts, perhaps you could set up a PO box and provide an address for people to mail you either cash or iTunes gift cards. That way you could avoid the fees associated with transactional sites like Paypal, and you wouldn't have to give out your personal information to anyone.

Just a suggestion...

Ryans67
05-29-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd avoid the app route, you do enough work. Your US right? Sending some codes is the best. $10 iTunes card is what I figure your information saves me each event.

Tonyjabroni
05-29-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm generally more of a read the forums and not post on it because it's a bunch of nonsense kinda guy - but can't help but feel obligated to respond to Devin's thread. He's been one of the most valuable contributors on the forum since some of the old school guys. These are some of my thoughts on his points:

1. GREE changes something and this entire thread becomes moot. (hopefully this is the case, but i think we've all grown to doubt GREE's ability to do what is right by its community)

2. If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy? (You probably put more work into this game than most do at an actual job. You deserve something for your work. I support the idea of an external website or app to access your information.)

3. Of course, if all future ltqs are like this, I doubt there will be many who care to plan. (Agreed, if the units are bonus-less or even destructible - the money spent on gold for these LTQ's is pointless)

4. I show someone else/ others how to do it, so we get a group of people. That can.... There a several time savers I use to help and ensure I don't miss info. Someone else picks up the cause? (good idea)

I think the main point should be that GREE is diminishing the quality of the units that people can pick up from these events when gold is obviously necessary to finish them. Whether this is a long term change or short term change, we'll find out. Maybe this is a short term change till they can figure out how to nerf pre-staging. Maybe they think that giving out all these high end units will result in majority of the players have 2,000 high end indestructible units thus throwing the economy off even more since cash units are pointless enough as it is. We'll never know, because as we all know, GREE doesn't share any more information with their community than they really have to. It's sad.

Jhenry02
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Groupme has a money collection feature

ohgreatitsryan
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
For people in the US, google wallet is also relatively fee-less.

jsh_five
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Devin I would buy your app

wittywon
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Devin,
Contact me before the next LTQ. I'll do the walk-thru with my account and you can do the write-up.

RollTide
05-29-2013, 02:11 PM
This has been very helpful for working with all of our faction players. I support going through something easy such as PayPal or Groupme. No app approval process. Quick reimbursement.

Muse_boa
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Devin,
Contact me before the next LTQ. I'll do the walk-thru with my account and you can do the write-up.

This is a great idea, several people who can do parts of the walk through and devin collects the information. I was wondering how devin could keep this up, because it costs a lot of money. It makes perfect sense that this cannot last forever

Gnorax
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I would donate 1.00 got the info to save me time and effort. Just think if .01% of wm players donate than he is going to make so much money... There are millions of players... I'm not against that but GREE might be, lol

MWMike
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Any donations you are willing to collect I would donate. From an app, intunes codes, to PayPal you have worked very hard on these walk throughs and hope the LTQ'S get better so we can all participate.

Mad
05-29-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't think this was an affront to Devin. It was quite an honour actually.

Gree has consistently changed things up. Some events are hard, others are easy. Some are geared to low level players, other are geared to high level players.

This LTQ was hard, the next one could be very easy. I am not going to sweat it.

I didn't play this event, because the XP gained wasn't worth the units I could win. It was a nice break actually.

2nd dan
05-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Dev I have finished every single ltq so far cause of your help but unfortunately this time will be the first time I don't complete one there isn't a logical reason to spend 4k gold on this for 20k stats when I can put that toward helping get one place higher in the war and maybe advance an extra reward... Also with the last ltq in prestige the unit boost not working isnt helping maters at all I would gladly help with a donation your information it's worth it's weight in gold 10fold!!!

PoundDawg
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Paypal is the way to go Devin. i have friends who write apps. Itunes and lic. and the copywrite laws each app costs a minimum $150,000 USD. Pay pal for a email is cheap. selling a walk-thru is legal. it is done all the time. when pay pal goes thru send a email with content. easy as pie

groovdog
05-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Would donate as well. Has saved me at least 2500 gold from either upgrading buildings early or stopping at logical spots.

ohgreatitsryan
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Paypal is the way to go Devin. i have friends who write apps. Itunes and lic. and the copywrite laws each app costs a minimum $150,000 USD. Pay pal for a email is cheap. selling a walk-thru is legal. it is done all the time. when pay pal goes thru send a email with content. easy as pie

He's getting hosed if that's what he's being charged PD.

Trouble1
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Devin,

In my opinion Gree should be depositing gold in your account to cover your expenses. In many cases the reason I spent gold to move forward was because you had pioneered the way and there was a must have item that I needed.

I would go with PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/fundraising

Start a fund raiser and post it at the top of your posts. I will donate. I am sure many others will as well.

Many thanks for all of your efforts.

wilsontint
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
You will end up having trouble with PayPal "gifting" him money
Easiest thing to do. Get iTunes cards. And email the code to him.
Done.

chilln
05-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Devin - the Unknown Enemy - I'm thinking the LTQ walks reduces GREE profits and GREE is a business that produces a product to make a profit. I don't fault them for making a profit on a product people are willing to pay for. If the walks are cutting into projected profits it seems a response to the profit dips would be expected. For me I spent my first dime on Modern War on one of these LTQ events and recall the anticipation and excitment not knowing what the next prize might be - hooked me in.

After someone in my faction seemed to know the future in the event I googled to figure out his source and found this forum and the walks. The next LTQ I could forecast the gold requirement and bought a whole vault knowing it would get me to the end. Then a gold sale came along so I bought another vault in anticipation of another payday. Stats jumped a ton.

Ok enough rambling - on to a point - I expect the walks will soon be useless because gree is goint to maximize profits and the walks appear have caught the attention enough to name you the "Unknown Enemy" to their profits. So I expect the programers will design a way to eliminate the value of the walks. They need only add some randomness to how they occur or payout for example and a walk is no longer of value. Until I found the walks I assumed the payouts at each mission completion actually were random - seems like most other things in the game are that way.

I'd throw a $ your way here and there when you save me gold but I suspect the walks won't continue to work to provide benefits in the long term.

MajikUF
05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
The irony is amazing. You've done a great job mapping the LTQ events and Gree even noticed it, but when they reward you by naming the final prize for the event after you, you bash the company and the future of the events. I enjoy reading your posts to see what I would get if I were a gold player, but they're all "dream" items for me.

Hopefully you make some progress here because I do like getting some decent units and not spending gold.

Maj

Moosehead
05-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Totally gotta echo what Trouble1 said! I spent my first gold because of these excellent walkthroughs bro! Very much appreciate the dedication and attention to detail Devin! I will more than happy to contribute via whatever method will work best for you.

Paul Wall
05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
All your work is super appreciated, Devin, and more people than you know have been positively affected (more money in their pockets) because of your time and effort. I would just stop making the walkthroughs if I were you. Most everyone respects you and your "disappearance" would make a lot of us say screw the game altogether. If someone slaps you you either slap them back or sit and take it. Hopefully things change but considering the condition of the game and the 6 month old bugs I doubt it will.

CRAWFORD
05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I've done some thinking. I totally understand why people feel ripped off this time. However... Stat jumps are getting a bit too redicolous. I think LTQ event are still worth it if you need them. But people really shouldn't be able to beat them on prestige mode every single time. That's a bit redicolous. It's either fun for you or it's not. Bit it shouldn't be purely to increase your stats.

When everything is said and done, I think GREE did a good job of advertising it. It's got it's pros and cons, however these events need to be for fun and not a tool to take advantage over others. It's fine how its is. If gold spenders don't mind spending, which they won't, they will keep doing so. And people who want to enjoy the events will still spend the gold. What won't happen is people jumping stats like crazy at will. Which in my opinion is redicolous. In some ways it still is. But gaining 30K for very cheap and probably more with prizes and valor is redicolous.

Croc.
05-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Devin the walk through each LTQ is great. I have know doubt Gree loves them!

This is an opinion because I have no data, but it is not rocket science either. These LTQs are a gold mine for Gree and they recognized your contribution. Good job getting a unit named after you. I would bet money your walk through increased gold expenditure for LTQs. What an awesome advertisement to finish the previous LTQs. And, gold purchases are what keep this game running.

Gree is testing their consumers threshold and hoping there will be little more than the increased b!tching with continued gold purchases. If this happens, expect the next LTQ to be about the same with a carrot(maybe the final normal and prestige unit will have an additional bonus); especially if you find a way to continue to produce the walk through to bait players to one more unit in such a timely manor. If gold purchases go down, Gree will recalibrate. FYI, I did not spend gold this time because of your walk through. Tyvm. 

You should still try to find a way to take advantages of financial help.

Good Luck!

PS. It is sad. I would really like to have a unit with your name on it, but I can't feed the beast this LTQ.

Stacey
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I truly appreciate everything you have done to record these LTQ events but I will no longer be buying gold to complete them any longer. As said before the reward is not that great. Besides so many events back to back. How about a break?

JimmyThePick
05-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Any donations you are willing to collect I would donate. From an app, intunes codes, to PayPal you have worked very hard on these walk throughs and hope the LTQ'S get better so we can all participate.

Ditto this remark. Just let us know Devin.

Zero__
05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
This was a classic jump-the-shark greed move by GREE, making the event harder for lower gains and seeing how many people would be willing to dish out the gold. I am betting that a lot less people will be, and they will have to go back to more reasonable LTQs. Devin, you have done everyone a great service and we thank you. If the LTQs continue like this, you should not waste your money on them and neither will the rest of us.

siL
05-29-2013, 09:21 PM
yeah, sorry Devin, I also will not get the unit with your name on it...
i totally agree with your thought, and if doing this walkthrough be a burden, then let us all do it ourselves..
thank you for all your effort up to now

The Big O
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
We appreciate everything you do Devin

Copenhagen
05-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Impressive effort on the LTQ tracking, Devin. Also, agree with your conclusion. Gree has shown a propensity to push every revenue stream to exhaustion.

One point of clarification is that top 10 factions are pushing a minimum 10k gold per event these days.

Rowdydowdy
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
If most are like me the easiest way would just be to send you an iTunes code. I'll have one your way in a PM tomorrow.
Maybe Gree should hire you for customer service as they have none now, you have done more for the players than they have.. But then again they have made me Gold free.......

OB WAN
05-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Can't say thanks enough too Devin. I spent gold the first time when I saw your walkthroughs. Was willing to spend a bit more just to get your unit but 500 gold is not even close to enough to make a dent to get there. Gold used this event 0$. Not even going to bother completing levels past 13 because of excessive energy reqmts, too much exp gained, and for not so great units. Too much exp (higher level), affects WD points, and future boss events. Of course if you r level 250 then it doesn't matter.

I would b willing to donate a few dollars too, because your walkthroughs made planning and strategizing fun! Maybe more people will go back to camping if they don't participate in this events anymore.

mgriss
05-30-2013, 12:23 AM
If I made some kind of $0.99 / $1.99 / ?? app for each ltq, would people buy?
Devin

I certainly would. $1.99 would probably be a better idea... as much as I truly appreciate your efforts, I couldn't promise I wouldn't share the info with my faction mates...

but the larger problem is the gold spend has become very sacrificial. At 4000 gold, that'd have paid a top 10 for last WD, with roughly double the immediate stat gains, and significant boosts. The ltq was about 1/3rd the benefit of the last wd event.

Devin

Not sure about that one... anyone have a spare account with the right buildings, enough IPH for the units, and massive energy max? I've got $2 for the "Devin's new ipod" fund if you do.

Gree should probably hook you up with that stuff IMO. I definitely wouldn't have dropped gold on the first few LTQs if I hadn't been sure of the rewards.

kylekrol
05-30-2013, 12:29 AM
As always Devin you seem to have the best threads on here. I would definitely buy an app or donate to help you recoup losses for doing us all a huge much appreciated service. Hopefully Gree realizes the mistake they have made with the last 2 ltqs and fix the problems.

Arnaud
05-30-2013, 12:33 AM
My theory is that they planned on giving bonus units in the current LTQ (they usually do); but probably they got rid of them at the last minute because they didn't solve the stacking issue yet and they didn't want the complains.

Since we're still stuck to 2000 units and 500 allies, they will have to keep offering units with boost as it's the only thing top players can benefit from. Otherwise, gold will not be spent. So I think the boost units will be back when the issue is solved.

At least it's my vision.

I decided not to participate in this event thanks to Devin who warned us all early in the event about the rewards. Thanks again for the intel (and for making me save some gold this time).

The rewards are just not worth the leveling up.

ScottCSP
05-30-2013, 01:07 AM
I would go with PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/fundraising

Start a fund raiser and post it at the top of your posts. I will donate. I am sure many others will as well.

I never reply on forums, but I registered just to put my two cents in. I think this is the best option as well, and I think you'd be surprised how many of the silent majority like myself will donate...

vNastIER
05-30-2013, 01:11 AM
I never reply on forums, but I registered just to put my two cents in. I think this is the best option as well, and I think you'd be surprised how many of the silent majority like myself will donate...

i second that. I could swing some cash...i mean...donations your way Devin

Mcdoc
05-30-2013, 01:43 AM
@Devin - I guess I always thought the LTQ walk-throughs you posted were simple file information you cracked open with some Apple genius mind - I didn't think you actually spent Gold to do it - but now I recall you documenting how much gold you spent along the way.

Regardless - GREE should know that I ONLY spent Gold to finish the LTQ's BECAUSE of the work you did - STUPID GREE promoters should have had CJ or someone who actually understands Marketing - to post the entire LTQ info already.

COME ON GREE - we are Impulse buyers - and our FUN money we spend on this silly game is spent on IMPULSE - like when we see a list of prizes and want to get that next level (kinda like the Boss events now). DEVIN probably brought in half a Million dollars to you because of his work - your free pimp out there tempting the junkies - How dark is it up there in your colon - it seems that's where you insist on getting your guidance - versus ALL OF THIS FREE information where we out right TELL you what we want YOU to do for us to give YOU more of OUR money!

Seriously - with no Walk-through - and seeing all the feedback here on how the prizes suck and the LTQ is way harder - I won't even try - that's 1 to 2 vaults of my money you WON'T see because of your self Colon examinations.

Just like the short stack of cash you put in the LTQ's - don't you realize that people would spend GOLD to win 100 million, 150 million, and 200 million - if THOSE were the last 3 amounts of cash in the LTQ progression? Seriously - PEOPLE would spend GOLD to win CASH - a lot of people who wouldn't buy a vault of cash - because you give a Gold bonus - and WE would rather get the gold bonus and buy gold - therefore many of us skip buying cash vaults!

Seriously guys - you could hire a few of us as consultants and we could DOUBLE your revenue! We're already trying to give you that information for free - but I guess if you paid us - the information would mean more? And get this - you wouldn't have to pay us in cash - I bet a few of us would work for your imaginary Gold - costs you nothing - to help you make more revenue by telling you what we would love to see done to entice others to spend more money on your imaginary game.

Wow - just wow - the self anal cavity exams just never cease to amaze me.

EDIT: I see that Devin actually DID do a walk-through thread - Good job!

MugsMom
05-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Hello Devin,

Many of us couldn't have finished the LTQ events if not for your efforts, so I am echoing almost all the sentiments posted here supporting your idea. More importantly, I would like to ask if you have read your PMs? There is one from me amidst the hundreds of PMs you receive everyday. Please read it.

Once again and i know I sound like a broken record--I hope to see more walkthroughs from you.

Best Regards,
MugsMom

RetroEd
05-30-2013, 02:49 AM
What you dont know about you dont care about.

Knowing what units were coming up - primarily those with bonuses attaching - made me strive to get them. If i hadnt known they were there, i seriously would not have bothered using gold to get them. Same applies to the gold users in our faction.

You have been filling GREE's pockets for them, I mean, 70,000 hits every time you post!!

In my humble opinion, GREE should pay you to do it, it makes business sense and they will know it (for all the stick we give them one thing is clear, when it comes to making money they are not daft). Obviously any businessman is just going to let something run and run if its free and profitable!

Come on GREE stop sitting back and watching this thread; time to make a Management decision. May I suggest you pay Devlin at least TWICE the amount of gold required to complete the LTQ event. Apart from a few minutes of admin time, your overheads will be negligible, Dev gets paid for doing a job well, and you get all the Gold once we see if something is worth having.

In the meantime, I know I suggested a Poll earlier, but whoever set that one up did the worst job ever!

groovdog
05-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Gree Devin is the standard. All you have to do is read whenever someone starts a LTQ thread in CC or KA. At least 5-10 "wish it was Devin" comments each time.

Miner
05-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Devin,

I think it's pretty clear you have been one of the most useful, and now beloved, forum members to have ever been on here. I've been on the forums a long time (though MUCH less frequently the past 5-6 months) and haven't seen anyone be as helpful on here since... well, me! ;) (only kidding about the "me" part).

I fully anticipate another adjustment in the LTQ, but I still am not sure it will ever be as "worth it" as it once was.

Gree - If you're out there and listening, you need to hear what I'm about to say.

Devin is the best thing you have going for you in this game right now. Your support does nothing but refer people to the "senior members" on the forum, answer questions the pre-canned, irrelevant responses 7 days after the ticket was submitted. Your help documentation and communication is horrid. The LTQ's were so successful in the early stages largely in part to what Devin did for you! A reasonable company would recognize this. A reasonable company would use this. Compensate the man with more than just a unit named after him. I would suggest that after the completion of every LTQ walkthrough, support drop the man 5k gold in his account. It would cost you nothing and benefit you everything.

Proud to be in REG with you, Devin.

Proud to have met you.

Proud of and grateful for all you've done.

EDIT: I didn't read all the posts prior to posting this. Looks like others have suggested the same thing.

shaydbrayd
05-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Gree should GIVE you gold to complete these walkthroughs as the entire community loves it.

pun and ferr nemesis
05-30-2013, 09:06 AM
hi devin,we appreciate for your kind gesture and effort for all the preadvance of your insight。secondly gree had name a unit in your name in commenderation for your effort。

cheers and thanks

sorry to say this,devin you did all these things out of your goodwill,and no one forces you to do so,whereas you can spend time waiting for regneration and finish it alone。anyway you get urs prizes for completing the events。i hope you do not charge or make use of the opportunity to create a walk thru app to charge to earn or to minimize yours losses。all of us are willing parties so no point at this current stage to say that is expensive and hope to cut your losses。i suggest maybe you should give others a chance of those whom are willing to do the walk thru in future for the rest if you feel the pinch and they may also have the chance to earn a unit name after them。

pun and ferr nemesis

Rowdydowdy
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Devin I appreciate all you've done.
I have sent you a PM with something for you, please acknowledge that you receive by a reply PM.
Again thank you for being the helpful person you are.

TW Turtle55555
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
First as many have stated thanks for your efforts!

My question is, do you have to have the whole thing (including prestige) done in a few hours? Maybe roll through normal and let your normal energy regen take you though. It always seemed a waste (in terms of $ not service to all of us) to me that you would finish the event so fast. Perhaps just spending the gold to get through the normal mode publish that in the first couple of hours and publish the prestige as you go through it.

This would at least cut some of your personal gold spend on the event.

Devin
05-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi all, thanks for all of the thoughts and opinions. Many I already knew, several I didn't, and I appreciate the time people took to provide their thoughts.

1. I believe it important for me to be definitive and make a decision. So I'm going to setup a Paypal tomorrow.

2. I dispise being a charity, so this is a business transaction in my mind. If you do send money do so because (a) you were going to spend money anyhow - if you're a free player please don't, and (b) the walkthrough provided value or benefit to you personally, and (c) you can afford to and willingly chose to do so for your own benefit. I'm not going to make anything exclusive, nor change the format. What you see is what it is. We'll see what happens from there.

3. I am in Canada, so USA or other country iTunes codes don't work. Thank you to those that have tried to send!!

4. I doubt this to be a long term arrangement. Something is always changing in MW.

5. No I'm not offended if you think this a poor idea, don't chose to do this, etc. I'm really most happy that so many find the information useful and tailor it to their own needs.

Thanks,
Devin

Rowdydowdy
05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I Still think Gree should hire you to lead there player support and customer service department.

Miner
05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I Still think Gree should hire you to lead there player support and customer service department.

That's assuming they have a player support and customer service department. In my experience, it doesn't exist.

MugsMom
05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi all, thanks for all of the thoughts and opinions. Many I already knew, several I didn't, and I appreciate the time people took to provide their thoughts.

1. I believe it important for me to be definitive and make a decision. So I'm going to setup a Paypal tomorrow.

2. I dispise being a charity, so this is a business transaction in my mind. If you do send money do so because (a) you were going to spend money anyhow - if you're a free player please don't, and (b) the walkthrough provided value or benefit to you personally, and (c) you can afford to and willingly chose to do so for your own benefit. I'm not going to make anything exclusive, nor change the format. What you see is what it is. We'll see what happens from there.

3. I am in Canada, so USA or other country iTunes codes don't work. Thank you to those that have tried to send!!

4. I doubt this to be a long term arrangement. Something is always changing in MW.

5. No I'm not offended if you think this a poor idea, don't chose to do this, etc. I'm really most happy that so many find the information useful and tailor it to their own needs.

Thanks,
Devin

Hello Devin,

It was worth a try!

Best,
MugsMom

jsh_five
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Gree is hiring I checked their site

camper killer
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
No offense but this has to be the dumbest thread I have ever read. He should be paid for playing the game?????

how about paying all of us who played the game for over a year and reported all the issues and problems you had, as well as helping everyone else out...... yeah that does sound stupid......very stupid.

you people really need help.

TW Turtle55555
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
No offense but this has to be the dumbest thread I have ever read. He should be paid for playing the game?????

how about paying all of us who played the game for over a year and reported all the issues and problems you had, as well as helping everyone else out...... yeah that does sound stupid......very stupid.

SMH There is always one (sometimes more)

We are all agreeing to pay him a small amount because that small amount ensures we don't make a big mistake in terms of spending too much gold to get garbage OR not spending enough to get a desired unit. So to answer your question: "He should be paid for playing the game?????" The answer is YES

scurvynaive
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Nobody is paying him to play the game. People are, however, more than willing to pay for good intel. y u gotta b a h8ta?

camper killer
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Poopenshire, you and flash should really stop hiding behind your "pirate monikers."
It's no different than the "dues" you pay to be in PUN, except a lot cheaper.
No one would pay him for playing, they would pay him for his write up. Also, he said he doesn't want to make money on it, just defray costs.

You guys used to be such helpful forumites. I miss those days. Your mouthpiece was banned so now you feel the need to emulate him? No one asked you to give him money, no one asked for your input; no one asked for mine. So if you don't want to participate in the plans of others, ****in don't. Isn't that the essence of your mentors message?

Jesus, grow up and quit raining on people's parades.

If people don't know this is me, well they need to pay attention to their Walls and in game info, I post to everyone its me. Neither Flash nor I hide, we always share who we are and always help our friends in the game. Just ask McDoc, I had to help deliver a notice of revenge to a visitor of his who liked his peanut butter.....McDoc knows what I am talking about. We can and do help, in ways you don't ever see anymore. if you want our help on the forum just ask....Yankster does and I give him solid answers if I have them. Other have and still do to this day. The thing is I won't spoon feed you info as its free for all to see, you just have to open your eyes.

BigBlueNationAWC
05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Devin, I will be sorry that you ended your work. Really good and I got helpful advice.

Mcdoc
05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
. . . Neither Flash nor I hide, we always share who we are and always help our friends in the game. Just ask McDoc, I had to help deliver a notice of revenge to a visitor of his who liked his peanut butter.....McDoc knows what I am talking about. . . .

That damn peanut butter! Some guys just can't get enough of its chunky nuttiness!

And for the record - I had no idea who Camper Killer was until just now - color me happy!

For now though - Camper Killer will be my hero for Camper Killing KillerM2 - LOL

Rowdydowdy
05-30-2013, 11:21 PM
That's assuming they have a player support and customer service department. In my experience, it doesn't exist.

You are correct Miner so I change my post.... I think Gree should create a player support and customer service department and hire Devin to run it.....