PDA

View Full Version : Do you gain XP by losing attacks?

c00guy
05-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Do you gain XP by:

1. Initiating attack and losing
2. Getting attacked and losing
3. Getting attacked and winning
4. Initiating attack and winning

Of course, I know you gain XP by #4, but was curious to know about #1, 2 and 3. Thanks!

panty sniffer
05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes, only to question 4 though you do gain IP in syn battle if you're attacked and win. Some call it "passive IP"

Though you don't gain exp for losing, you can still trigger boss during the event this way.

Alex_
05-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Are you sure you don't get xp in example 3 as well? If I'm attacked and win on Modern war I gain Xp I know that cause I'm camping on a low level and people keep attacking me and making me rank up.

LucaLuca
05-29-2013, 10:28 AM
1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes

c00guy
05-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Hmm, quite a large variety of answers here. Lol, can someone confirm this with screenshot examples??

Yslimi
05-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Sorry this a test post.

panty sniffer
05-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I wasn't 100% sure with answer #3. Go with what Luc said maybe. I do know you gain IP in a syn battle this way though.

c00guy
05-29-2013, 10:46 AM
My question was more to do with my syndicate. We got all low level campers who don't want to gain any XP. Plan is to only attack wall/command center. But if we gain XP when we lose from rival syn attacks (coz we will lose from attacks given our low stats), the whole idea would be unviable!!

But looks like such a syndicate can really work! Wonder why there aren't any other exclusively low level syndicates out there if this works?

OffensivelyNamedGuy
05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes you gain 1 xp if someone attacks you and they lose.

Coldjoey
05-29-2013, 11:23 AM
My question was more to do with my syndicate. We got all low level campers who don't want to gain any XP. Plan is to only attack wall/command center. But if we gain XP when we lose from rival syn attacks (coz we will lose from attacks given our low stats), the whole idea would be unviable!! But looks like such a syndicate can really work! Wonder why there aren't any other exclusively low level syndicates out there if this works?No you will not gain any Xp in battle if you are attacked and lose the fight. You will also gain no Xp for hitting the wall or command center/centre

panty sniffer
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
There aren't syn's with only low level players because you would need to do one of two things to score decent IP and make better than top 4000 without ever battling rivals. Either have members with strong def to get some passive IP, or have at least 1 designated higher level attacker to do all the work for the rest of the syn.

If nobody in the entire syn does anything, the result will be no prizes and no reason to be in a syndicate at all unless you're purposely striving for last place.

i'm assuming you're the same person who is recruiting for lvl 10 or lower player syndicate.

Edit: If everyone hits wall and-
-60 IP per hit, 6 hits per battle, 50 members, 20 battles would put you in top 750 according to China Town rank results. 4 prizes.

The whole syn would have to be very active.

c00guy
05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks for your responses guys! This really helps!!

I didn't mean nobody does anything, I meant everyone hits wall. If we have about 20 active players participating in ~20 battles each getting their 5 hits on walls, I reckon we could easily make top 4000 if not top 1500? Yes, I'm the same person recruiting for lvl 10 or lower syndicate. I'm just testing a new concept

panty sniffer
05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
you could probably get 1500 in your scenario though members are usually not as active as they think they can be.

You can get an extra hit in if you attack withih the first 10 minutes of battle and your last attack would be in last 10 minutes.

Lol, other syn's will HATE battling yours. Probably least IP gain of any other battle when everyone is lvl 10 or lower. I think they'd get more by hitting the wall or hideout.

c00guy
05-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks sniffer!

Your stats on top 750 look really compelling although we'd need active members and max out our guild increase. Of course, right now we'll target top 4000 to be realistic but our path as campers with no XP gain seems pretty promising!

JeepThug
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
You should only Xperia from winning an attack or winning a fight someone else initiates. As far as I know wall and command centers do not yield Xp.

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Edit: If everyone hits wall and-
-60 IP per hit, 6 hits per battle, 50 members, 20 battles would put you in top 750 according to China Town rank results. 4 prizes.

The whole syn would have to be very active.

There is no way level 10s are getting 60IP per wall hit, not even close. Not to mention you have to take the wall down first. I reckon it's closer to 20IP per hit hit before and 40IP per wall hit after wall goes down (or even less than 20/40). Further, fairly certain you always get more IP from taking down a player than a wall hit, but I'm not in the business of hitting level 10s, so I can't be sure.

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Xp is gained by any action taken ie. hit command center, hit DL win/lose,attack other players win/lose. If someone attacks you and you lose you DO gain xp. If you become the target of the other team you will get destroyed and put up to level 10 in 1 battle. Why wouldn't you gain xp? The game is made for players not to camp and WD does that.

Um... no. No XP for wall hits, no XP to fight losses. No.

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
No xp for walls hits my bad got carried away but xp for loses..yes lol when being attacked and you lose xp is gained. So your saying a camper can hit walls and that's it and not gain any xp while doing so? NOPE ... After they get their tails whipped they will see and you will learn something ;)

I believe if someone attacks you and YOU win, then you might get XP (I'm not 100% sure). However, you definitely don't get XP when someone attacks you and YOU lose. I'm fairly sure of this.

(CCK) Cam
05-29-2013, 04:47 PM
No xp for walls hits my bad got carried away but xp for loses..yes lol when being attacked and you lose xp is gained. So your saying a camper can hit walls and that's it and not gain any xp while doing so? NOPE ... After they get their tails whipped they will see and you will learn something ;)There is NO XP for losing. Try it out.

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 04:51 PM
There is NO XP for losing. Try it out.

I agree. Team:420, mind posting your name and level so we can test this theory? :rolleyes:

c00guy
05-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Thank you all! This is really helpful. I'll keep you guys posted on whether we gain XP or not during the battle. Cheers!

bald zeemer
05-30-2013, 07:12 AM
And although it's been said, I'll reiterate that you definitely do get xp for being attacked and winning. My LLP has performed no actions whatsoever and leveled 3 times due to this.

mxz
05-30-2013, 07:25 AM
And although it's been said, I'll reiterate that you definitely do get xp for being attacked and winning. My LLP has performed no actions whatsoever and leveled 3 times due to this.How very #smug of him.

bald zeemer
05-30-2013, 07:28 AM
It's a #smuglife for some.

I've been watching keenly and taking notes, I want to model my real life after his.

c00guy
05-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Got it zeemer, thanks! Most of us in our syndicate are less than a 1k df (and all are less than 4k df). It'll really take a miracle for us to actually win any attacks lol! Although we are looking for a high stats DL (50k df min) to save us from the attacks anyway!!
And although it's been said, I'll reiterate that you definitely do get xp for being attacked and winning. My LLP has performed no actions whatsoever and leveled 3 times due to this.

JeepThug
05-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Do you need to be a certain level to receive the syndicate item rewards from battles?