PDA

View Full Version : Why no are you sure button

Alaneapen
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
I am sick and tired of gree. I accidently deleted an LE building because there is no are you sure button. Is it that hard to program this ingame. Now gree will take forever to reply to me. I have had it with gree, either treat your paying customers right or we will take our money elsewhere.

SGT Rud
05-29-2013, 09:16 AM
I used to drive this really nice red truck. I decided to speed one day. I ran a red light, NOT PAYING ATTENTION, and hit some other guy in a hummer. His hummer did a bunch of damage to my pretty little red truck. I was so mad at the city I live in for not having a sign next to the red light I ran. The sign should have said "Are you sure you want to run the red light?"

Disclaimer - Never had a red truck. Never hit a guy in a hummer. Never ran a red light. You get the point I'm sure.

Having a button is actually a good idea, however, I don't see it as Gree's fault. Remeber - when you rush, thats when accidents happen.

Alaneapen
05-29-2013, 09:21 AM
I admit i wasnt paying attention but it would be easier if we had an undo button. Gree takes forever to return things or fix them.

Alaneapen
05-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Its my fault but for a paying game gree does not listen to its customers or provide good customer service.

Scot
05-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Pretty dumb analogy.

This game is so glitchy that this happens frequently. Sometimes I click on my upgrading building to see how much time is left and it auto completes for gold. Including a confirmation page would be absolutely nothing like running a red light. A confirmation page would be like Gree actually caring, and not hoping to extract extra gold from their customers by making it too easy to accidentally spend gold.

This applies for health packs, timer resets, expansions, upgrades, selling buildings, paying 17 gold for a grunt... yes that has happened to me. fat fingered a grunt... haha.

Anyhow, I don't expect there to ever be a confirmation screen despite the need for one because how does that benefit gree? It doesn't, so it won't happen.

I used to drive this really nice red truck. I decided to speed one day. I ran a red light, NOT PAYING ATTENTION, and hit some other guy in a hummer. His hummer did a bunch of damage to my pretty little red truck. I was so mad at the city I live in for not having a sign next to the red light I ran. The sign should have said "Are you sure you want to run the red light?"

Disclaimer - Never had a red truck. Never hit a guy in a hummer. Never ran a red light. You get the point I'm sure.

Having a button is actually a good idea, however, I don't see it as Gree's fault. Remeber - when you rush, thats when accidents happen.

SGT Rud
05-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I too would like an undo button. I also have deleted buildings when rushing to collect from buildings, so its not a surprise to me. At least it wasn't an upgraded LE or something, I lost a mine field, and a Wind farm. Yep, didn't learn the first time. I rebuilt them and got back on my feet. I would hope that gree would set it up so that you could rebuild that building, or put it back where it was to begin with. That would be a kind gesture, but at the same time, they say, don't let it happen again.

SGT Rud
05-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Scot -

I think it was a great analogy. I also think that Gree isn't in the business to make money off of your mis-fortune. I don't believe they would not put a pop-up in place just so you spend money by accident like a dummy. I have heard of several people who claim to have gotten money back or gold back because of the flaw. That makes no sense to me.

A confirmation would be Gree caring. But not because you lost money because of your boo boo. Because they read here that this is what the customer wants.

Agent Orange
05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
A confirm button has been a very long standing request. However has anyone noticed button positions... Seems they purposely overlap buttons so if your device hangs and you click again you nerf something.

But to Gree's credit they will restore or refund the item. Might take some time but so far they have been pretty good about this.

Dutchie
05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
A confirm button has been a very long standing request. However has anyone noticed button positions... Seems they purposely overlap buttons so if your device hangs and you click again you nerf something.

But to Gree's credit they will restore or refund the item. Might take some time but so far they have been pretty good about this.

Indeed this overlap has got me on an occasion or two and for sure it has been designed this way. Not cool.

scurvynaive
05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=SGT Rud;788055]Scot -
I also think that Gree isn't in the business to make money off of your mis-fortune. I don't believe they would not put a pop-up in place just so you spend money by accident like a dummy. I have heard of several people who claim to have gotten money back or gold back because of the flaw.
QUOTE]

Disagree completely. It is industry standard to have a confirmation screen for all real money purchases. They are obviously trying to extract gold from accidental button pushes. Yes they refund gold, but only to those who take the time to complain and even then not all of the time.

Take this for an example. I load up the game and see I have a building ready for collection. Naturally I go to click on said building. When my finger is 1 mm from the screen a splash screen pops up to purchase crates. Can I get a refund? Nope.
And I agree with not being allowed a refund to be honest. It is a random prize and if they offered refunds it would be exploitable. Everyone would keep the rare prizes and claim the common ones were an accident.
The obvious solution is to have a confirmation screen like every other game in the industry.

No doubt in my mind that Gree uses human error as a profit strategy.

SGT Rud
05-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Disagree completely. It is industry standard to have a confirmation screen for all real money purchases. They are obviously trying to extract gold from accidental button pushes. Yes they refund gold, but only to those who take the time to complain and even then not all of the time.

Take this for an example. I load up the game and see I have a building ready for collection. Naturally I go to click on said building. When my finger is 1 mm from the screen a splash screen pops up to purchase crates. Can I get a refund? Nope.
And I agree with not being allowed a refund to be honest. It is a random prize and if they offered refunds it would be exploitable. Everyone would keep the rare prizes and claim the common ones were an accident.
The obvious solution is to have a confirmation screen like every other game in the industry.

No doubt in my mind that Gree uses human error as a profit strategy.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have never had a flash screen pop up during game play, just when I start the app. I have sold buildings by accident. I dont think the Gree engineered their game for you to accidently spend money when you didn't want to. I do believe that they wont correct the known issue for that reason.

However, back to the guys original problem.......The accident could have been avoided by attention, not Gree or a pop-up window or gold. I hope the guy gets his LE back.

Alaneapen - did you send in a ticket? If so, can you let us know what they say? I am sure this wont be the last thread on this topic, so we would all like know the outcome so we can help the next poor sap.

crazeejay
05-29-2013, 11:08 AM
I accidentally used around 700 gold once to complete one level of my vault upgrade. I sent a ticket in and complained and was refunded the 700 gold no problem.

krazybjj
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Its because gree is a greed company. And we all just keep playing. They are not a quality company, they are a quanity company. Buy more, use more, make more, money that is. I have several times because of a slow load hit the finish button on a upgrade, once i lost 762gold on my vault. I would love it if they did put in a "sure" button, but im not going to hold my breath waiting.

Adm.J
05-29-2013, 01:18 PM
However, back to the guys original problem.......The accident could have been avoided by attention, not Gree or a pop-up window or gold. I hope the guy gets his LE back.
Just how slow is slow enough? I've clicked buttons, waited sometimes as long as 5-10 seconds, had nothing happen, and then just as I re-click, BAM! The screen pops up and I inadvertently click something other than what I intended. This game is too glitchy to blame it on players and saying they need to "slow down".

Scot
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, I still stand by my original statement that it was a dumb analogy and doesn't fit with the current issue. Like everybody else has said, they put the auto complete button right where you would click to open the building or whatever it is you're checking, and they don't have a confirm purchase for crates or LEs if you accidentally hit buy all when the splash screen pops up.

I do agree, Gree will refund you without a problem if you submit a ticket and wait for a couple weeks. I also agree that Gree uses this as a way to make extra money, banking on the fact that most players won't submit a ticket or even realize what happened to some of their gold.

For instance, the guy who said that he didn't think Gree would refund crate accidental purchases... well I can assure you they will. I have had an accidental crate purchase and submitted a ticket, got the generic "is this still an issue?" response, and kept sending in tickets until it was finally refunded.

I am biased, though, because I do feel like every thing gree does is just an attempt to get more money out of their customers. I honestly don't think the people in charge care at all about their customers. Thats not to say that CJ or some other admins and customer service reps don't care because as was stated before, they aren't the decision makers. They do what their told and thats fine. However, at the top of the ladder, I don't think they give a rats behind about customer satisfaction as long as they are making money, whether its by accidental purchases or changing the quality of LTQs on a whim so people think they are worth doing only to find out it was worthless.

As a side note, that is my other issue. I don't care so much that this LTQ wasn't as good as others, I just am annoyed at the lack of consistency. It's like you really can't make any gold purchases in this game expecting it to be a good buy because you never know if next week that same amount of gold would get you something 10x better or 10x worse.

Got off on a tangent there, but you get the picture ;)