PDA

View Full Version : Is this a kid's game ?

Bala82
05-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi guys,

I play both Modern war and Crime city Gree games and those game look good for adults but this is Gree new game and it looks like it's aimed at children looking at animation. So if any Adults playing this game can you tell me why because it look like game for 8-12 year olds ?

Sorry i dont mean offend anyone i just wondering what the appeal is ?.

Crime city i enjoy because you get rob people money buildings and attack rivals same goes for modern war.

This game we defeat dark prince but what's the point?.

Is this Gree attempt to get younger generation addicted to their games ?

Budd
05-29-2013, 09:10 AM
lol. I think you already have the answer, this is spam.

indonesian
05-29-2013, 09:24 AM
what do you means budd?
what kind of spam?

Jrodigy
05-29-2013, 09:31 AM
It's definitely kid friendly i'l give that, from what i see though many of the forum users including myself are mostly teens and adults. Not sure where it would categorize in age groups so it'd be better off not trying to categorize it when it varies from person to person the way it does in this community

Sunsfan1caw
05-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't think this is spam. It's an interesting question.

I think this game appeals to adults who like to compete against live opponents (via arena PvP, boss leaderboards and just "who has the best armor"). There is also a collection aspect ala Pokemon and some strategy involved. I don't think it's as hard-core as the other Gree games, so some players might just like the slower pace and more relaxed experience. I personally don't think the game looks too cartoony and I doubt Gree aimed it at children as children generally don't have money to buy IAP's, which is what Gree is all about.

Bala82
05-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Thank Sunsfan for your insight

All i know about this game is from this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij6vjeK6iWA

Sunsfan1caw
05-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Lol, yeah after watching that I can say I wouldn't have started playing this based on that video. It does look pretty "kiddy". I actually started playing because a number of other Gree players recommended the game, and I liked it, so I kept playing. I have to say though, if it wasn't for the forum community, I would not still be playing as the game can get dull fairly quickly.

Bala82
05-29-2013, 10:38 AM
That's the main reason why i posted this topic because i want players who actually play the game to tell me whether it's worth my time. I think armour choices is most challenging aspect because i don't understand how you decide based on your character ?

The Wise One
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
That was the first time I've seen the trailer! I don't think you can ever be too old or grow out of dragons, monsters, and knights.

Matty-cakes
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Lol, yeah after watching that I can say I wouldn't have started playing this based on that video. It does look pretty "kiddy". I actually started playing because a number of other Gree players recommended the game, and I liked it, so I kept playing. I have to say though, if it wasn't for the forum community, I would not still be playing as the game can get dull fairly quickly.

Agreed. I started playing because I was already playing MonsterQuest. There's no skill needed to beat this game. The fun part is arena PVP, beating the weekly monsters, and communication through the forums for me.

And I'm 33 years old, FYI.

Bala82
05-29-2013, 01:43 PM
When you mean there is no skill involved does that mean the game is straight forward because some topics posted here make this game look more challenging ?

eg Fuzing Armors Results,

BethMo
05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
There's almost zero skill involved during combat (a tiny bit in pushing the special attack button or fleeing combat at strategic times). The strategy/skill comes in determining what fights to attempt, what knights to attack with and their order, and what armor to put on them. And then time/resource management strategy in building up your castle and your armors.

ang1977
05-29-2013, 09:06 PM
It gets pretty dull after playing for 2 months. Unlike other games I play, this team seems to be clueless about their directions in leading the game. Should add some special abilities to choose from so as to make the armour unique from others when they all look the same. Anyway, play casually as its a wait and play format. Unless you prefer now and done format, then pay $$$.

Keymoe
05-30-2013, 01:35 AM
I play this cos it's pretty slow paced and I'm a lazy shît who does nada so this game with its simplicity in almost every aspect involved in the gameplay (graphics, storyline, animations, etc.) is perfect for your stoner buddies.

Slevinn
05-30-2013, 04:17 AM
I think this game is just developed in a different style than other gree games. You (directed at OP) may find it looking childish but I think this game looks better than games like MW and CC. It has a different style but it has an overall better look. I agree with you that it looks directed to children but that is probably because the style is cartoon. I personally find this game very addicting cause of the weekly events, collecting and upgrading armor and fighting other people in the arena. It's good that the action system is fixed (auto attacks) cause the game is about strategy and stats, not action.

You can ask other players about their opinion but the best way to know what this game is about is to just start playing it. I think most people came across this game and started playing, the addiction started later in the game. I suggest you download the game and play for yourself to experience what it is about.

skydragon16
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
I am 16 and i am not really attracted by the graphics. When i downloaded the game i thought it was alright, but what i love about the game is the PVP. Once i had my first pvp battle with that referral rare armor i loved it. I am also 16.

Leosimas
05-30-2013, 05:16 PM
That was the first time I've seen the trailer! I don't think you can ever be too old or grow out of dragons, monsters, and knights.
Who didn't think K&D reminds AD&D?
I think people who love this game love the old fashioned RPG games.

Doink
05-31-2013, 05:32 AM
In terms of graphic and animations I would definitely say the art is more child friendly. But the gameplay is quite standard and similar to the other games from the same category.

Subject7
05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Why can't I post new threads? Anyone know? Says I don't have permission.

Slevinn
05-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Why can't I post new threads? Anyone know? Says I don't have permission.

You need at least 10 posts before you can make a thread and can u put questions in the designated thread please:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?52276-Feel-free-to-ask-any-question-about-K-amp-D-in-here-solutions-will-be-provided-ASAP-)

Jello
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm 39, married, and have 3 kids. Been playing for a little over a day now. I find the game interesting and appealing on most levels. I used to play WoW up until Cataclysm came out, and while I'm not comparing WoW and K&D side by side, it does have the same appeal with less headache. Building up your character with better armor/hp/xp, fighting NPC's and bosses, some quests, PvP, now Guilds have been added. I like that I don't have to sit for 6 hours in a raid. I can jump in and out of the game as I want, do a quick fight, pvp, or collect coins and craft armor. I can play it standing in line waiting at the store for a few minutes. The graphics may be Wii-like, but still nice, albeit redundant on the armor look-alike contest.

Slevinn
06-01-2013, 02:34 AM
I'm 39, married, and have 3 kids. Been playing for a little over a day now. I find the game interesting and appealing on most levels. I used to play WoW up until Cataclysm came out, and while I'm not comparing WoW and K&D side by side, it does have the same appeal with less headache. Building up your character with better armor/hp/xp, fighting NPC's and bosses, some quests, PvP, now Guilds have been added. I like that I don't have to sit for 6 hours in a raid. I can jump in and out of the game as I want, do a quick fight, pvp, or collect coins and craft armor. I can play it standing in line waiting at the store for a few minutes. The graphics may be Wii-like, but still nice, albeit redundant on the armor look-alike contest.

Great post man, good to hear that this game is appealing for a various range of ages.

songuyenca
06-02-2013, 05:58 PM
This game should be for everyone who's looking for a little bit of fun aside from their normal lives =)

Thatzme
06-02-2013, 07:08 PM
When you bring guild wars into the picture, it'll be anythng but kiddish. Prepare for war.

Slevinn
06-03-2013, 01:16 AM
When you bring guild wars into the picture, it'll be anythng but kiddish. Prepare for war.

Winter is coming

Rediye
06-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Winter is coming

Love the game of thrones reference.