PDA

View Full Version : I Told You So

Fl@sh
05-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Like I've always said "Post useful information on here, then watch as it is exploited and manipulated against you." Some of you may not have been very happy with me over the last few months, but now my point should be clear. I just saw the LTQ walkthrough costs over 4k gold, for less overall stats. Poor Devin. The guy tries to help all of us out by posting the most useful information we've had in months, and look what happens. Now, everyone is starting threads about how much they think the last two LTQ are BS. Hmmm, kinda seems like one of my former teammates that everyone shunned and rejected. Most of you seemed to miss that point too.

Now, I just wait for the GREE created shills to come and troll my thread.

Dutchie
05-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Like I've always said "Post useful information on here, then watch as it is exploited and manipulated against you." Some of you may not have been very happy with me over the last few months, but now my point should be clear. I just saw the LTQ walkthrough costs over 4k gold, for less overall stats. Poor Devin. The guy tries to help all of us out by posting the most useful information we've had in months, and look what happens. Now, everyone is starting threads about how much they think the last two LTQ are BS. Hmmm, kinda seems like one of my former teammates that everyone shunned and rejected. Most of you seemed to miss that point too.

Kick a man while he is down as the MVP on this forum. Forums always capitulate to the trolls... seen it so many times before. Sad but true.

I wonder if PJ is still playing or whether he has given up the ghost...

Fl@sh
05-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Before Devin, there was Miner... and Maverick... and Khimsoo... and Hello Kitty... and Johnny R...

Tctiger
05-29-2013, 07:27 AM
looks like i made the right decision playing the first few ltq's , gree likely to change the event and less boss event completions were the things i considered . I am guessing it is just the new players that didn't see this coming from day 1 .

Web323
05-29-2013, 08:16 AM

Funny how correct this is and what you & other members said before.

SGT Rud
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
All we can do is continue to help each other out and provide useful information. As the game evolves, so must we. 4K gold is too much for so little.

Thief
05-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Before Devin, there was Miner... and Maverick... and Khimsoo... and Hello Kitty... and Johnny R...

Sadly Johnny R is one that i never had the pleasure of interacting with. I have seen Miner popping back in which is great and i even saw Maverick post up the other day. I think there is hope the the forum can keep getting better.

As for sharing intel i disagree that it is the reason. I've seen it in Grees other Games where the information was made public and nerfed and then it wasn't made public and was nerfed. In the end they will look at game patterns more than anything to help determine how they can squeeze the most buck out of their customers.

What can be done is for those that haven't done so already is to not spend a Dime on this LTQ. I know Devin has already gone through it and done the hard work for us and made the determination there is no reason to go for it. Take that 4k gold and go purchase some Crates or the 2 LE set. This is what would make Gree re-evaluate the difficulty of the LTQ when they actually see spending going down.

Mr. Pink
05-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Not really surprised by Gree curbing things. The LTQ was a way to bring new gold spenders into the game and it worked.

At this point Gree is operating like the Fed trying to balance spending, parity, and stats inflation. I've seen a lot of long time free players leave the game because of all these stat inflating events. They simply can't keep up and any advantage they spent months nurturing by being diligent hourly players have all but evaporated in a couple months.

Miner
05-29-2013, 09:33 AM

Sadly Johnny R is one that i never had the pleasure of interacting with. I have seen Miner popping back in which is great and i even saw Maverick post up the other day. I think there is hope the the forum can keep getting better.

As for sharing intel i disagree that it is the reason. I've seen it in Grees other Games where the information was made public and nerfed and then it wasn't made public and was nerfed. In the end they will look at game patterns more than anything to help determine how they can squeeze the most buck out of their customers.

What can be done is for those that haven't done so already is to not spend a Dime on this LTQ. I know Devin has already gone through it and done the hard work for us and made the determination there is no reason to go for it. Take that 4k gold and go purchase some Crates or the 2 LE set. This is what would make Gree re-evaluate the difficulty of the LTQ when they actually see spending going down.

I'm still here guys and honored to be considered amongst the likes of Devin, Maverick, Khimsoo, HK, etc... They've all been great contributors and are even better people in real life.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to see the LTQ cost increase. It made LE sets (at least full price ones), crates, etc... obsolete. Why spend 1500 gold on an LE set when you get 5 units and a 2-3k stat boost when you could spend that much and get through most or all of the LTQ and end up with 30-40 units and a 20-25k boost in stats?

vball
05-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Always good to see you Miner.

I am extremely grateful for Devin and his selfless and tireless work on our behalf. A great addition to the boards and a quality person as well.

My hope is that MW does not go into hyperinflation like Kingdom Age has. I mean wow, talk about some ridiculous numbers, I cannot help but wonder if you sit out for an event or two if you will just drop the game as you will get so far behind.

It would be interesting over time to see how many actually end up with Devin's unit. The sad thing to me is they did it on this event where I would have been very proud to have his name under my inventory. Only thing I would have needed was an autograph. :-)

scurvynaive
05-29-2013, 09:57 AM
What makes you think anyone is putting Devin down? I have seen nothing but kudos and accolades to Devin from all posters. You seem to be confusing a garbage event with a great player/poster. We can all hate the event and still love Devin. No one is 'shunning or rejecting' here.

Gree has always known about prestaging and in fact made adjustments already in prior events with tasks being repeated twice even before you got to prestige. It was obvious that they knew. Just look at the below two tasks from extreme measures. Why is the higher level task only 60% of the energy? It is obvious that they knew your prestaging was used up in 26 and made 27 easier by total energy but harder for prestagers.

26/42: Suspicious Village: family home (5x 122), henrik van der waals (2x 100), anika ahrens (2x 104)
Energy Required: 1018
Concrete, 165,000 cash

27/42: Suspicious Village: family home (5x 122)
Energy Required: 610
Supersonic Pegasus (air, 475/275)

Generik79
05-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Spot on comments from Flash, Thief, vball and others here. Well said and 100% accurate.

Tctiger
05-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I guess it's hard to balance all the events and store units , especially so as not to put off new players coming through and the average players who make up the bulk of the game too . Maybe that's why they keep changing things , it is true all we can do is take each event as it comes , there is always good info sharing and discussions on here which is great , this is the only forum I've used so don't have anything to compare this one with ...

Ryans67
05-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Good news is that Gree does read your comments. Bad news is that they only make changes when it benefits them.

Their was a glitch that benefitted 20% of the games players a while back. It existed for months. Once discovered, it was fixed within hours. Had that glitch hurt players, we'd still be complaining about it, and support would still be telling us how it's very difficult to fix, or that the next update will fix it.

Bottom line is that this company cares about one thing, and that's making money.

Fl@sh
05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
What makes you think anyone is putting Devin down? I have seen nothing but kudos and accolades to Devin from all posters. You seem to be confusing a garbage event with a great player/poster. We can all hate the event and still love Devin. No one is 'shunning or rejecting' here.

Gree has always known about prestaging and in fact made adjustments already in prior events with tasks being repeated twice even before you got to prestige. It was obvious that they knew. Just look at the below two tasks from extreme measures. Why is the higher level task only 60% of the energy? It is obvious that they knew your prestaging was used up in 26 and made 27 easier by total energy but harder for prestagers.

26/42: Suspicious Village: family home (5x 122), henrik van der waals (2x 100), anika ahrens (2x 104)
Energy Required: 1018
Concrete, 165,000 cash

27/42: Suspicious Village: family home (5x 122)
Energy Required: 610
Supersonic Pegasus (air, 475/275)The shunning and rejecting part is not pertaining to Devin, please reread that part.

scurvynaive
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
The shunning and rejecting part is not pertaining to Devin, please reread that part.

Yes I was aware that the shunning and rejecting was pertaining to another individual, I assume you mean PJ but perhaps someone else. However you compared the two to eachother, thereby implying that the same thing that happened to PJ (or whoever if not PJ) in the past was now happening to Devin.

steveo127
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
I talk with PJ outside of the forums regularly. He is still very much alive and well; though a shell of his former modern war self....

very hurt by others actions, and really at the point of "not caring enough to bother trying"

it's a shame what these forums do to helpful people

Kick a man while he is down as the MVP on this forum. Forums always capitulate to the trolls... seen it so many times before. Sad but true.

I wonder if PJ is still playing or whether he has given up the ghost...

Fl@sh
05-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes I was aware that the shunning and rejecting was pertaining to another individual, I assume you mean PJ but perhaps someone else. However you compared the two to eachother, thereby implying that the same thing that happened to PJ (or whoever if not PJ) in the past was now happening to Devin.Well, not exactly. Devin is being compared to the likes of miner, maverick, and Khimsoo. The members opening up threads about the LTQ's or the game sucking are being compared to "he whom shall not be named".

Jhenry02
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Regarding "the banned one"

When was he helpful?
When he was deriding gree?
When he was acting like forum royalty?
When he was posting in rhymes and riddles that no one understood?
When he was advocating people spend less money while he went on mad raids and attack sprees?

For a "man of the people" he had a funny way of behaving.

Regarding devin: thumbs up!

mxz
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I talk with PJ outside of the forums regularly. He is still very much alive and well; though a shell of his former modern war self....

very hurt by others actions, and really at the point of "not caring enough to bother trying"

it's a shame what these forums do to helpful peopleHow do you put PJ into the same category as those other guys. Or even claim he was helpful on here?

Those others are forum legends, for good reason. PJ was just a transient pot stirrer, not someone anyone should hope to replace.

Muse_boa
05-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I completely agree with fl@sh. I am amazed by the fact that everyone is complaining, but don't think it through. Who warned us this would happen? Instead people are attacking each other, especially when an event is delayed because there is nothing else to do. Well that's not really what fl@sh said. I just say this for now, Let's host a birthday party at July fourth, lol

King little fruit fly
05-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Right on, Fl@sh! We should start a website to post useful info there. ;)