PDA

View Full Version : Defense Building

V_Corleone
05-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that defense buildings don't actually add as much defense when attacked ... Thanks in advance for any help

Bala82
05-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Depends on what level you defence building is the higher the weaker the actual defence is.

Elzo
05-29-2013, 02:49 AM
Why have they done that?

Jazza
05-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Pointless deccorations, spend your cash on money buildings / upgrades

Bala82
05-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Why have they done that?

I want to make it clear the defence is increased with every upgrade but it's weaker than actual displayed defence usually 1/2 .

Lars
05-29-2013, 02:59 AM
See
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37263-Attack-and-Defense-mechanics-summary-of-old-forum-knowledge
for a detailed description (with links to the original posts) and
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings
for just the numbers.

Elzo
05-29-2013, 03:04 AM
I want to make it clear the defence is increased with every upgrade but it's weaker than actual displayed defence usually 1/2 .

See
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37263-Attack-and-Defense-mechanics-summary-of-old-forum-knowledge
for a detailed description (with links to the original posts) and
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings
for just the numbers.

Thx.
Have the developers ever dropped why they did this?

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Not only are upgraded defense buildings worthless in terms of how little they add to your actual defense (especially considering the cost of upgrades and lost upgrade time better spent on money buildings), with stat inflation with items in every single event, they are even more worthless. In fact, it's almost a guarantee that when I walk into a hood with predominantly defense buildings that the person will have an abysmally low defense.

Elzo
05-29-2013, 03:28 AM
So I can better start selling my 24 Gaitling turrets of lvl 5 each? :p ..damn

(got an defense of 42875 and i'm lvl 73)

HoneyBadger3
05-29-2013, 03:43 AM
Using a Missile Turret as an example. CC uses a calculation (I have know clue why) that utilizes something called 'Effective D'. So while you think you'll get the 1,260 'Listed D' by upgrading to level 10 what you're actually getting is 231 'Effective D'. Do you really want to upgrade $124 million for 189 defence points that can only be used against robs? It also takes 31 days to upgrade one missile turret to level 10.

The Bodygaurd Agency has a listed Defence of 750 but and effective D of 55. For 25 gold you're better off buying henchmen.

Bobar
05-29-2013, 03:43 AM

dont sell leveled buildings as you only get half of the amount level 1 building costs. keep them unless you really need the space for an le building

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 04:07 AM

Assuming you got that defensive number from your profile, your real defense is actually 3,000 below that-- each Gatling turret claims to give you a defense of 200, when in actuality it only gives 75.

That's one of my CC pet peeves, when I see someone talking about their stats like, "yeah, I got an attack of 250K and a defense of 500K" or something like that. No, your defense isn't anywhere close to 500K. It's usually something like 300K at best. I always attack people with hoods full of level 10 defensive buildings just to check out what their defense really is.

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 04:08 AM
dont sell leveled buildings as you only get half of the amount level 1 building costs. keep them unless you really need the space for an le building

Not true. You get half of the cost of the last upgrade. E.g. if you buy a Nightclub for $40mil, and upgrade it to level 2 at $66mil, then selling the level 2 NC will give you $33mil (a loss of $73mil total).

dispohero
05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
i hate seeing empty space so i've filled all my 1x1 with lvl 5 machine guns, lvl 3 gatlings, and lvl 1 missle turrets (50 each). why leave empty space that can't be filled with a money building anyways? might as well use that space for ~5500 def vs robs *shrug*

Lars
05-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Thx.
Have the developers ever dropped why they did this?

No, but the section headlined "Some Speculations" in the above mentioned http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37263-Attack-and-Defense-mechanics-summary-of-old-forum-knowledge elaborates a bit on possible explanations.

murf
05-29-2013, 10:19 AM
i hate seeing empty space so i've filled all my 1x1 with lvl 5 machine guns, lvl 3 gatlings, and lvl 1 missle turrets (50 each). why leave empty space that can't be filled with a money building anyways? might as well use that space for ~5500 def vs robs *shrug*

Agreed...when you have empty space, time to build or waiting to start an upgrade so it syncs with your other buildings, that's the perfect time to build/upgrade defense buildings. Why not?

dragon001
05-29-2013, 10:49 AM
they do have an inflated value, but..... go ahead please listen to them, make my day.

Elzo
05-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Assuming you got that defensive number from your profile, your real defense is actually 3,000 below that-- each Gatling turret claims to give you a defense of 200, when in actuality it only gives 75.

That's one of my CC pet peeves, when I see someone talking about their stats like, "yeah, I got an attack of 250K and a defense of 500K" or something like that. No, your defense isn't anywhere close to 500K. It's usually something like 300K at best. I always attack people with hoods full of level 10 defensive buildings just to check out what their defense really is.

Not true. You get half of the cost of the last upgrade. E.g. if you buy a Nightclub for $40mil, and upgrade it to level 2 at $66mil, then selling the level 2 NC will give you $33mil (a loss of $73mil total).

Thanks again for enlightening my unknowing soul ;)

So the stats shown in my profile overvieuw arnt't really my real stats?
...man I feel screwed more and more....

dispohero
05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
anyone figured out if the building defense modifiers modify the listed or actual def?

BigMoney
05-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks again for enlightening my unknowing soul ;)

So the stats shown in my profile overvieuw arnt't really my real stats?
...man I feel screwed more and more....

Correct. You can try asking someone that attacks you to tell you your real stats (it used to be way more of a crapshoot before the big updates-- you used to see different profile defense for the same user depending on whether you were on Android, iOS, on a phone, tablet, or whatever). I don't know what level you are, but the next time you see a hood filled with level 10 defense buildings, check their profile defense first, and then attack them and look at their defense on that screen. Depending on the level/type of upgraded defense buildings, it will be a huge difference, and they'll be much weaker than advertised.

anyone figured out if the building defense modifiers modify the listed or actual def?

I don't believe the building defense modifiers work, actually.

V_Corleone
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the info ... Must say you guys are helpful

t12pm
05-29-2013, 07:08 PM
yeah i just learned about this a few weeks ago so with all the evnts i have been selling the heavily upgraded buildings and the event prizes take that space and bring the stat back up, and closer to correct value, it is pretty misleading as you wonder how lost to someone with much lower attack.

nytelock
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
In a nutshell, leave your D buildings at level 3-4 max.