PDA

View Full Version : Attention Android users!! Do. Not. Update.

ohgreatitsryan
05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Fair warning.

Disregard their sticky.

GREE broke android more with the update.

They may say there are new features, but none work, and it crashes more than it used to.

General Raub
05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Fair warning.

Disregard their sticky.

They may say there are new features, but none work, and it crashes more than it used to.

I am having the same issue. Game keeps crashing on me telling me it stopped working. Its done it to me all day when I try to do boss battle. Right in the middle of my attack. Its screwing me out of money, pprogress, units, and gold.. Its pissing me off. Ive written several tickets for them to fix the bs !

Oceanz
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I had a lot of crash issues before the update, and still have them

So I don't think updating or not updating will particularly help or hurt, but thats just from my experience

Scot
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
After update, I cannot open faction page. Game freezes and crashes every time. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it still happens. It's ironic that the faction page was one of the big exciting new features with the android update and now you can't even access your own faction to donate or do anything. This is wonderful! WTG team Gree! You guys are top notch

King Dante!
05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
For me, the update is running pretty smooth *knocks on wood* Opened the faction tab several times and consecutively visited rival bases, both without fail.

The rival stat glitch still exists though, where stats double, triple, etc., and the boss seems harder to trigger. Still waiting to see if they fixed the glitch that wouldn't allow you to collect from your money buildings without closing and reopening the app.

jsh_five
05-28-2013, 09:38 PM
For me, the update is running pretty smooth *knocks on wood* Opened the faction tab several times and consecutively visited rival bases, both without fail.

The rival stat glitch still exists though, where stats double, triple, etc., and the boss seems harder to trigger. Still waiting to see if they fixed the glitch that wouldn't allow you to collect from your money buildings without closing and reopening the app.
what phone you got

MadBreed
05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
I wish I could see this before updating my game.
We were dealing with 2-3 crashes per hour... but now it crashes in every 5 minutes or so.
I cant access the faction feature at all. Game yet again crashes.

You guys at Gree helping people quit the game?

Paul Wall
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
One of the sloppiest businesses I've ever dealt with. The epitome of sloppy! Amateurs, Nonprofessional, no guidance!

Gen CheeBye
05-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am on HTC OneX and have been experiencing game crashes for this current epic boss event...luckily have not updated MW app.

Not sure what the updates are for but will update after epic boss event ends.

branditos333
05-28-2013, 11:05 PM
When I updated, I lost over 75k defense points. I really hope something is done about this. My d drooped from 215k down to 140k. Crazy!

dogg_pound
05-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Same here. I can not get into the faction to donate money. This is so stupid. Every update makes the game worse. At least I have a new blue dot to get your attention for their other games. Unreal...

Biff05
05-28-2013, 11:53 PM
They put in a donation log, but it is not very user friendly. You can't reset it or track it by the day or a range of days. What's the point of having it. It appears to just be historical, so our top donator's amount looks like something like this "1003784...", how does that help me?

spiderdan420
05-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Hey guys. I have successfully updated the game with no issues to my gameplay
I do agree however that the new donation log is not all that usefull
But none the less I have experienced no issues with the latest update

Dcarrington
05-29-2013, 03:08 AM
Mine has never crashed so much as it is now! Every time I go the the boss, faction screen or rivals base it stops! Has people been sending in tickets or what? I have deleted and reloaded and still the same thing! HELP!

Jaebee
05-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Might be helpful if you all put what type of device you're using.

PhiPsi246
05-29-2013, 05:01 AM
I am able to access the faction tab without any crashes. I am also able to visit bases without it freezing now.

King Dante!
05-29-2013, 05:09 AM

It seems I spoke too soon. The game is crashing a lot, especially during boss hits. Also my base doesnt completely load.

United Nation of Foxes
05-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Fix one thing then break another

zhenyu
05-29-2013, 05:57 AM
I have the same problem on my nexus 7.

digisyn
05-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Droid RAZR max same issues

maddog081
05-29-2013, 08:10 AM
I updated my s3&MW works a 1000x better. I'm satisfied.

Dilligaf13
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Nothing has changed for me. I've been having crash problems forever so the new upgrade has not changed a thing except bring everyone else down to my lvl of pain with this game. I spend more time restarting the game then playing the game. Just wait all of you haven't seen anything yet, just wait till every time it time to collect for your building they suddenly disappear and won't show back up until after they have been raided. Wait till every time you go to a rival base the game crashes. Wait until all your bonuses you have earned stop working. Wait until your stats suddenly drop by 15-20k and gree does nothing about it. Wait till you start losing every battle to people well below you in your stats and your told it's because they have higher skills points then you.
Whatever you do, if the game crashes and locks up and goes to a black scene, do not shut your phone down or pull your battery. I did this and it wiped out my operating system on my phone. When I finally reinstalled my operating system and uploaded the game it made me start all over. If this happens do not start playing again, immediately contact gree and after about 2 weeks they will get your account re-instated where you can play again. I didn't do that, started playing the new account and was screwed out of all the loyalty gold they gave everyone even though I didn't get any with the new account and anything that I earned on the new account was lost when they gave me my original account back.
All of you have a lot to look forward to.

Recas
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
HTC Desire HD, Asus TAB TF 101 and android emulator BlueStacks all crash when you try to open the faction menu
V:3.7.0 Data: mw_20130528_2 Build: 56

Also money doesn't show on buildings and you have to restart the app for the money icon to appear

05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Is it just me? My attack has over a 200 k swing. Varries from 630k all the way down to 390 k

Agent Orange
05-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Fair warning.

Disregard their sticky.

Concur, this new update has basically bricked my 3 Android test devices. Android 4.0 tablet, Android 4.1 tablet, and Android 4.0 LG phone.

After 5 hard restarts on the Android 4.0 tablet I was finally able to get to the boss attack screen where it sat and thought about it for a couple of minutes but then worked! But now it's frozen on the award screen!

On the Android 4.1 tablet seems to work in PvP however no amount of attacking and raiding will conjure up the boss challenge! Perhaps a good thing since on the other tablet the event kept freezing. Hmm the boss finally triggered and it worked without freezing.

On the Android 4.0 phone the app will not load!

In the past support has asked me to load an app that tracks what the device is doing just prior to it freezing. Guess I better load it up on the tablets!

Adm.J
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't have an Android device other than a Kindle, so I won't see this update for another 6 months there at best. But I do use BlueStacks on my laptop, and this new update on the latest Bluestack update flies, with no crashes. I'd say it's about 90% as responsive as my iPhone.

big leg
05-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I cant do anything of following:
1. Open the faction section from the menu
2. Open the vault section from the Menu
3. Hit the Boss with cash or gold.

S&H Max
05-29-2013, 01:59 PM
I cant do anything of following:
1. Open the faction section from the menu
2. Open the vault section from the Menu
3. Hit the Boss with cash or gold.

I have the 1. issue only!

Still its kind of a problem!

King Dante!
05-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Hey guys! Thank you for the messages about the issue with the faction menu. A new update has been released with a fix for this. Please visit the Google Play store and get the new version: 3.7.0.1 build 57.

anybody want to d/l it and tell us if it works lol?

S&H Max
05-29-2013, 02:11 PM
OKi I will be the one to try it! lol

S&H Max
05-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Its working (sorry for the double post...)

Dcarrington
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Any chance these issue will be fixed anytime soon? I still can't access my faction page to donate or anything without it crashing!

MWCC
05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm on a Droid charge, everything is ok so far. Base loaded right away, I can access my faction and the donation log. It does appear that if you leave and then return to a faction your amounts are resest. No decline in visible stats. Things seem good on my device.

atretes1
05-29-2013, 04:43 PM
So did the update to fix the update seem to work for everyone?

branditos333
05-29-2013, 05:45 PM
My defense stats are still 75k less than they were before the update previous to this one. This is some bs.

branditos333
05-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Droid incredible 2 btw.

vNastIER
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
just got latest update
included name change, faction donation log, and some other crap that im trying to find right now lol. crashes seem to be less frequent....if thats at all possible on droid

barrito
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't have an Android device other than a Kindle, so I won't see this update for another 6 months there at best. But I do use BlueStacks on my laptop, and this new update on the latest Bluestack update flies, with no crashes. I'd say it's about 90% as responsive as my iPhone.

I have been playing this on the Kindle and there is no LTQ yet and after playing this since Oct 12, 2012 I am level 64 with 4K attack and 4k Defense. It crashes on a regular basis and my character is so lame I can't attack anyone on PVP with over 3 allies. I also tried playing this on my wife's Android phone and it crashes and freezes 20X/hr minimum. The app was written for IOS which is a more homogenous OS vs Android which has as many flavors as days in a year. Trying to get the app to work on a zillion different devices with a zillion different versions of Android could be part of the problem. When you make a change in the program it affects each one differently. I doubt if Gree has hundreds of Android phones and tablet laying around to test every update. I think the app will never work as well on Android as IOS and expecting it to do so is an exercise in futility. I am playing it on IOS now and occasionally exits the program at inopportune moments it is a fraction of the horrors I read here and no doubt due partly to my aged Ipod 2nd gen which is over 2.5 years old.

vNastIER
05-29-2013, 07:32 PM
I have been playing this on the Kindle

Sorry but that right there is the problem. Amazon updated their crap after they verify everything about it. They are 100x slower than droid. But then again, Droid gets some updates before iOS.

e.g Donations log and name change lol

vNastIER
05-29-2013, 07:34 PM
I have been playing this on the Kindle and there is no LTQ yet and after playing this since Oct 12, 2012 I am level 64 with 4K attack and 4k Defense. It crashes on a regular basis and my character is so lame I can't attack anyone on PVP with over 3 allies. I also tried playing this on my wife's Android phone and it crashes and freezes 20X/hr minimum. The app was written for IOS which is a more homogenous OS vs Android which has as many flavors as days in a year. Trying to get the app to work on a zillion different devices with a zillion different versions of Android could be part of the problem. When you make a change in the program it affects each one differently. I doubt if Gree has hundreds of Android phones and tablet laying around to test every update. I think the app will never work as well on Android as IOS and expecting it to do so is an exercise in futility. I am playing it on IOS now and occasionally exits the program at inopportune moments it is a fraction of the horrors I read here and no doubt due partly to my aged Ipod 2nd gen which is over 2.5 years old.

i do have one question tho....if/when you get the update and the LTQ starts, do you get the full time or does it basically expire right away or doesnt ever show up.

Have you had any past events that updated like that?

Dkaell
05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL i'm on a kindle as well and still playing with 3.2.2 because Amazon won't release the updates so no LTQ but I do get stable game play.

vNastIER
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
how does war work, Do you get to participate, on time?

BTW>..on new android update.....I have been playing for over 2 hours, raiding, and the game has not crashed....yet (knock on cake)

TheRain
05-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Well your the exception... most of us are still SOL.

Good thing I finished the Boss event early...

vNastIER
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Well your the exception... most of us are still SOL.

Good thing I finished the Boss event early...
ya i finished lvl 50 on sunday
just crashed. took snapshot, uploaded to groupme , came back to game and crashed. bummer

jkppkj
05-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I am having the same issue. Game keeps crashing on me telling me it stopped working. Its done it to me all day when I try to do boss battle. Right in the middle of my attack. Its screwing me out of money, pprogress, units, and gold.. Its pissing me off. Ive written several tickets for them to fix the bs !

I had this problem, restarting the device cleared it up for me.

anonymousMW
05-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Canceled versions, I've had to buy a new phone, S3.
To play, still sucks on android. I have 3 ipad. no point of comparison in performance.
Get that star to the right to advertise other games, a bit of common sense. Repair faults and less experiments.

Adm.J
05-30-2013, 01:30 AM
how does war work, Do you get to participate, on time?

BTW>..on new android update.....I have been playing for over 2 hours, raiding, and the game has not crashed....yet (knock on cake)

On Kindle you don't get LTQ or box events, nor the bonuses for building LE buildings. But war and boss events are about the same as on regular Android.

digisyn
05-30-2013, 04:18 AM
Update to the update fixed all issues for me.

Gen CheeBye
05-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Update to the update fixed all issues for me.

Same here with my HTC OneX after the latest update...no crashes yet while raiding, visiting ally bases, able to view faction forum and donate...no crashes yet! That's all alien to me, no forced closed and sudden crashes.

Experience tells me this is just a mirage and bad things will soon follow. Hahaha.

I really disliked the annoying blue advertisement button and the donation log doesn't work cos we can't see past 10million figures. The name change that costs 50 gold is also ridiculously over-priced.

My only wish now is that the app don't freeze up too often during Madagascar weekend.

coachsmart
05-30-2013, 08:57 AM
The new update on Android works better for me than any other update. I like the new features including the donation log and the name change option.

maddog081
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I like the new update, it works well on my s3. Now if I could get back the $& the defense I lost from prior updates, I'll be happy.