PDA

View Full Version : New Release for Android Players!

Assault and Flattery
05-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey guys! We have an exciting new release available in the Google Play store - go get it!

This update includes the long awaited name change feature, a faction donation log, and some bug fixes (less crashing!).

iOS update to follow!

RALK3212421
05-28-2013, 06:42 PM
What about the long awaited LE Building?

CDR Shepard
05-28-2013, 06:43 PM

Wow, really? Troll in one of the other 8 threads people are whining in about this please...

CDR Shepard
05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey guys! We have an exciting new release available in the Google Play store - go get it!

This update includes the long awaited name change feature, a faction donation log, and some bug fixes (less crashing!).

iOS update to follow!

Thanks for the good news A&F, been waiting on this! Thank you!

bergmystr
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Any chance this makes it to the Amazon store for Kindles?

erickd271
05-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Do you know when iOS will get the update?

Bravo Zulu
05-28-2013, 06:56 PM

iOS update to follow!

Awesome! Any ballpark timeframe for the iOS version?

alphakennybody
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Public service announcement for the win thank you this right here is a huge step foreword in making people happy just a little clickkity clack goes aloooooooong way GREE thank you

bergmystr
05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Just a suggestion here.

This really needs to have comma separators and the last time someone donated (at least for the faction
leader). It is really hard to read when some people are in the hundreds of milliions

I know my faction sucks because no one is at a billion yet...

ohgreatitsryan
05-28-2013, 07:17 PM
a faction donation log, and some bug fixes (less crashing!).

That's kind of funny, because now every time I try and visit the faction page it crashes.

Oceanz
05-28-2013, 07:20 PM

iOS update to follow!

by far my favorite part...so far i've visited two other players' bases and the app has not crashed! that is literally amazing!!!

PITA4PRES
05-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I like how in the description for updates it states "rare bug crash" because my game crashes constantly.

ohgreatitsryan
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Can anyone using a Galaxy S3 visit the faction page without the game crashing?

andy_xyz2004
05-28-2013, 07:26 PM
That's kind of funny, because now every time I try and visit the faction page it crashes.

Same here, crash and crash again,

Oceanz
05-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Welp, just tried to visit a third base and got the all too familiar:

Sorry!
The application Modern War (process jp.gree.modernwar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The best part about the sudden crashes is when you login with 2 minutes to go in a boss battle, the boss has a minimal sliver of health left, you have >= 26 health points, getting ready for the final kill, and the app crashes, and by the time it loads again, the goal is gone...awesome stuff

njemt242
05-28-2013, 07:37 PM

iOS update to follow!

Less crashing? bug fixes? The game is crashing even more now when I travel to a rival base.

rey87
05-28-2013, 07:46 PM

I have the same problem.

Oceanz
05-28-2013, 08:15 PM
I realize the fragmentation of Android devices (ie, dozens and dozens of different phones and tablets, many of them running different versions of Android OS) creates a massive challenge to any app developers on the Android platform (especially if the original app was an iOS port and not something designed specifically for Android)

But from about 45 minutes of fooling around with the new app update on my phone, I don't really notice any improvement in bug fixes as far as random crashes. I can always collect money from my buildings, build new buildings, and generally do anything I need to at my own base. I also tend to have zero problems when I go to another area to do a PvE mission. And unlike some in this thread, the only faction issues I ever have are very minor forum update errors, that I can easily resolve by clicking a different faction tab then going back to forum, or, worst case, closing the faction screen and opening it back up.

But I continue to have major issues with visiting opposing players' bases. I've basically been content the last 6 months with hardly ever trying to raid enemies, because I come to expect force close errors if I dare to visit another base. I just look for a private at the right level and try to Force Degradation missions. But this is really frustrating.

Even more frustrating is when I go to attack an Epic Boss, at the proper time, when I have enough health, and my app closes, forcing me to wait a couple minutes for the app to reload (or sometimes a few minutes to reboot my phone), which wastes precious minutes in Epic Boss events. My IPH is only about 450k, and I can't afford to spend a couple million on cash hits on a Boss, just to have the app close in a timely enough fashion where I end up wasting all that money since when I reload the app the individual Boss mission is already over.

Sorry for venting and being long-winded, but the bottom line is there are still numerous issues on the Android platform. While I'm sure some people would like to change their name, and thats a nice feature, I couldn't care less about that. And I already have Crime City on my phone, so the new Gree icon in the top-right corner doesn't matter much to me either. I want more stability in the app, and this app update doesn't appear to add much at all.

mgriss
05-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Awesome! Faction donation log is a HUGE timesaver.

Question... how far back does the log go? I assume from the time the player joined? Any way to reset it without having players leave and come back? Not really a big deal right now... thanks so much for the update!

Dcarrington
05-28-2013, 09:04 PM

iOS update to follow!

I don't know about everyone else but my crashes have more than doubled since the update! I hope they fix this soon!

Dcarrington
05-28-2013, 09:05 PM

Really who cares about the LE building it will be here when it gets here!

Scot
05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
after updating my game, I opened the game and went to faction screen twice and both times it froze and crashed haha. Ironic.

Scot
05-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes, I crashed twice opening the faction page. I then uninstalled and reinstalled but it still won't let me open factions. I feel like I got duped haha. dangit.

mhicks1978
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
hey guys! We have an exciting new release available in the google play store - go get it!

Ios update to follow!

this is total bs!! Your going to charge 50 gold to change a damn name really!! Gree is really greedy!! Sick sick sick!!

Repeat Defeat
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM

iOS update to follow!

ditto - copy that

Dcarrington
05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Plus the little blue DOT come on no one wants that on there screen! Keep doing silly stuff and people well find something else to occupy there time!

mgriss
05-28-2013, 09:55 PM

Mine's fine, none of the glitches or crashes everyone says Androids have (knock on wood). Running jellybean, phone is about 9 months old now.

cage
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I can no longer visit the faction page without the app crashing, and I now have a blue dot with the only purpose of presenting advertisements to me. In a game in which I've spent hundreds, I have to have a stupid blue dot on my base?

And 50 gold to change your name is just greedy.

I realize this is a lot complaining (who wouldn't complain about being subjected to ads when they weren't before? or a complete lockout of visiting the faction forum and donation page?)... Perhaps I will like the donation log once I can get into the faction...

krabbie
05-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Get rid of the stupid blue dot. What's next, a screen filling banner or pop ups asking us to buy more gold?

ppownage
05-28-2013, 11:01 PM
remove it!!! >:( now!!!

ohgreatitsryan
05-28-2013, 11:21 PM
I just wish they would unsticky this thread before more people get screwed over by the update. If they aren't going to respond, or even acknowledge it, they could at least try and help people avoid it.

ppownage
05-28-2013, 11:47 PM
the donation log works great though

General Raub
05-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Mine is still crashing every hit in boss battles .. I cant complete the challenge due to this reason.. sucks

Adm.J
05-29-2013, 02:37 AM
Any chance this makes it to the Amazon store for Kindles?THANK YOU! Exactly what I came here to ask.

interox
05-29-2013, 02:43 AM

iOS update to follow!

Since the update, the game keeps crashing when I try to get into the faction screen. This is a problem since I am the leader of the faction. I have sent trouble ticket but who knows when this is fixed. This leaves my faction in a real problem!

interox
05-29-2013, 02:45 AM

I am having the same problem! This is a real problem since I am faction leader! Fix this!

ffp
05-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Have you tried force stop the app and relaunching? If that doesn't work, try clear data and cache.

Since the update, the game keeps crashing when I try to get into the faction screen. This is a problem since I am the leader of the faction. I have sent trouble ticket but who knows when this is fixed. This leaves my faction in a real problem!

interox
05-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Have you tried force stop the app and relaunching? If that doesn't work, try clear data and cache.

Tried an uninstall and re-install with no success. Force stop didn't work. Didn't want to try data clear since I was concerned that it would erase my identity.

zywong
05-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Faction page crashed! Please fix it asap pls omfg

Bobar
05-29-2013, 03:42 AM

I do. No problems at all.

LOVE the donation log. - Well done Gree!

As someone else already said, maybe you could please add seperators. Hard to read the long digits...

SPWD
05-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Mmmmm think il avoid this for the time being lol

SPWD
05-29-2013, 03:44 AM
What's the build number by the way

ffp
05-29-2013, 03:52 AM
For people with crashing issue: what kind of phone/tablet are you using? My Nexus7 very rarely crashes but my old HTC Desire crashes constantly. I wonder if the device runs out of memory and crash to desktop. I think the games uses about 400MB of RAM and for low memory devices this could be an issue.

ffp
05-29-2013, 03:53 AM
What's the build number by the way

version on Google Play is 3.7.0

jabbameister63
05-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi were can i find the donation log. Thx

interox
05-29-2013, 06:54 AM
For people with crashing issue: what kind of phone/tablet are you using? My Nexus7 very rarely crashes but my old HTC Desire crashes constantly. I wonder if the device runs out of memory and crash to desktop. I think the games uses about 400MB of RAM and for low memory devices this could be an issue.

Using Nexus 10 with android ver 4.2.2 (jelly bean), had no problems until the update. Interestingly, I have no problems with my Nexus Galaxy phone.

lmsyl
05-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Gree needs to do more SQA. New version crashed at faction part for several guys in our faction. They could not access faction anymore. Devices: galaxy note 1, nexus 7.

perry82
05-29-2013, 07:13 AM
this is total bs!! Your going to charge 50 gold to change a damn name really!! Gree is really greedy!! Sick sick sick!!

did you really think gree would let us change names free or cheaply kinda guessed it would be a ridicules price of 50 gold (same as crime city) love the game but get the feeling grees attitude is offer as poor a service as you can get away with at the highest price you can charge, so many good things in the game but its let down by grees constant attempts to get us to spend more ( after losing gold on the boss event due to crashes and 101 other issues), ive now stopped spending until its less buggy as you would not pay £50 for an xbox game or ps3 game if it was released this buggy but somehow gree still get people to spend much more than this on a monthly basics hopefully if more people stop spending gree will start trying harder to fix issues or at least let us know what’s going on

Dilligaf13
05-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Only thing new on my account is this stupid blue dot on top right hand of screen wanting me to play other gree games. Nothing else has changed, still crashing every time I go to rival page, nothing has changed on my faction forum, money buildings still disappearing when ready to collect until after they have been raided, no improvements at all.

sraghav42
05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
I am excited about the new faction vs faction events

Scot
05-29-2013, 09:18 AM
The best part is... nobody from Gree has come back to address the issues haha. Surprised? Not really.

lastmast2
05-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Nope, same here (s3 aswell)

And even after having it uninstalled and download again...

interox
05-29-2013, 10:11 AM

iOS update to follow!

Really exciting that your proud new update has crashed a lot of android users. I bet the iOS people can't wait for the same result. I guess this is Gree's solution to keep people from spending too much on gold. Good move!

SunTzu ArtOfWar
05-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Crashed on me too (android 4.1.x on xperia tablet z stock rom). Gree should give us 500 golds for this trouble.

Richie.
05-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Usually the saying goes pay peanuts and get monkeys...well half is right for gree

ohgreatitsryan
05-29-2013, 11:20 AM
The general rule for android is don't update until you read the forum. Then you can weigh the one thing they added against the 2-3 things they broke with the update it's kind of sad.

GEMH
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey guys! Thank you for the messages about the issue with the faction menu. A new update has been released with a fix for this. Please visit the Google Play store and get the new version: 3.7.0.1 build 57.

King Dante!
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey guys! Thank you for the messages about the issue with the faction menu. A new update has been released with a fix for this. Please visit the Google Play store and get the new version: 3.7.0.1 build 57.
*approaches with caution*

This time, I think I'll wait for someone else to test out the new "update" before I download

stanley1
05-29-2013, 02:11 PM
any time frame on the ios update?

2nd dan
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Faction vs faction events? Is this just basically the wd event? Haha?

MaD / MaDD
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
I play MW with 3 devices: iPhone4, iPad3 and galaxy tab2. For both the iOS devices there is no update. Lucky for me, because the android keeps crashing after a few seconds. Totaly unable to play the game. All the progress i made on the missions is waisted. Personally i think a compensation is at it place here. The iOS players don't have this problem and are increasing their stats, with no option of retaining or reverse that in a comparible way. Kind of unfair, therefor bad publicity for your company. Maybe a vault so i can get back at them the next LTQ? I have spend many of them by now 😈💶😈

Dcarrington
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Any chance these issue will be fixed anytime soon? I still can't access my faction page to donate or anything without it crashing!

iOS update to follow!

Adm.J
05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Any chance these issue will be fixed anytime soon? I still can't access my faction page to donate or anything without it crashing!Here's a hint. Look 5 posts above yours.

atretes1
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
So is the fix for the fix actually fixed?

I have the same question as I never downloaded the original one...LOL

Scot
05-29-2013, 06:42 PM
I can now access faction page, but my game still crashes more now than it did before this magical fix

bergmystr
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Mine seems to be running fine.

BTW. Galaxy S3

TheOracle
05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
We're aiming for a release early next week for the iOS update.

Kindle updates always take longer as Amazon has a separate approval process for updates.

Scot
05-29-2013, 11:32 PM
On Samsung galaxy note 2 and after second patch the game still crashes more than before any of these updates. Also, now when it crashes, it freezes my entire phone for 30 seconds or more. You guys aware of this??

Kindle updates always take longer as Amazon has a separate approval process for updates.

vNastIER
05-30-2013, 12:00 AM
for me....it seems to crash almost instantly while attacking. I can get about 6 attacks in before it crashes. If I am raiding, I can jump from base to base at raid for an hour or two without a crash. Kind of weird. Wonder why that is. I can raid, but cannot attack.

Would be nice to have a product that I pay for be 100%. It's like ordering a cheeseburger from McDs and only getting 2 buns. Kind of pointless and very annoying. I guess I cant have my cake and eat it too lol

ffp
05-30-2013, 12:32 AM
When are you fixing the rival display glitch on android? Or should us android users flood support with 'cheaters' screenshot?

vNastIER
05-30-2013, 12:35 AM
When are you fixing the rival display glitch on android? Or should us android users flood support with 'cheaters' screenshot?
what is the rivals display glitch?

Scot
05-30-2013, 12:37 AM
I attacked a guy that attacked me and lost, it showed his defense at 66k. When I went to his base and looked at his profile it showed both his attack and defense over 42 million and got higher every time i checked. Haha

what is the rivals display glitch?

vNastIER
05-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I attacked a guy that attacked me and lost, it showed his defense at 66k. When I went to his base and looked at his profile it showed both his attack and defense over 42 million and got higher every time i checked. Haha
oh ya ...that one. it basically doubled every time you checked their profile lol

psxnitro
05-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Can we have the collection glitch fixed, rather annoying having to always restart the app when I know my buildings are already ripe for the picking but isn't displaying it, or letting you select the buildings at all.

vNastIER
05-30-2013, 01:06 AM
maybe...a collect all button. (would be nice) one stop shop

Adm.J
05-30-2013, 01:45 AM
We're aiming for a release early next week for the iOS update. Kindle updates always take longer as Amazon has a separate approval process for updates.Take longer? Thats the understatement of the year! It's been at least 4 months already! And that's from an update that was already delayed by several months compared to everyone else. Kindle players are like 3 updates behind the rest of the pack.

Long dong silver
05-30-2013, 03:19 AM
Admin, devs, CJ, please please please can u fix current issues on android before rolling out new things.

1. Still crashing , this is very annoying especially when I find someone that is massively over vault only to have the game freeze then crash.

2. Still having to restart the game every time I need to collect from my buildings.

3. Would be nice to see what item I actually receive on a scratcher aswell as which 6 symbols I scratch off.

4. Probably the worst one is still android stat swings so annoying when I have 140k attack and I lose to someone who has 95k defence as I show attacking them with 90 k attack then do another attack and win with 150k attack.? This also impacts me when doing missions that say win 37 consecutive fights against rivals. This is nearly impossible because of the erratic swings.

5. The infamous invisible nation bonus is still MIA.! Guess its swapped places with the Assault Bear ground boost.

Cheers
Lee

lenaianel
05-30-2013, 03:54 AM
I can't even open the game now. Samsung galaxy

slgreenwell
05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I got the new update and now i CANT EVEN PLAY THE GAME AT ALL. CRASHES MORE NOT LESS. EPIC FAILURE

keeskiller
06-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah really satisfied about the donation log, now i can easely warn people that donate bad. Thnx!

But it still crashes quite a lot.. Also hear that from my teammates, but always improvements!

And maybe asked before but how about the money building? Is it coming? Because i safe a lot of money xD

thundarr
06-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Take longer? Thats the understatement of the year! It's been at least 4 months already! And that's from an update that was already delayed by several months compared to everyone else. Kindle players are like 3 updates behind the rest of the pack.

I have been playing it on the Kindle since 10/12/12 and getting nowhere. I cant attack anyone with more than 3 allies. no ltq no gem boxes. Gree should pull the app from the kindle store until amazon updates it to a playable status. I started on the ios months later and I am much higher level. I though the game was crap until I started on my ipod. Better no app than this crap (kinda rhymes)

dpghost mobile
06-01-2013, 07:44 AM
A friend of mine wanted to upgrade his phone to S4 from Iphone.
Apparently Gree doesn't allow the account transfer between Ios and android.
The poor guy had to return his phone... really you could mention that before

TIMB0
06-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Mine's fine, none of the glitches or crashes everyone says Androids have (knock on wood). Running jellybean, phone is about 9 months old now.

must be a google nexus? Mine's no different...still the same number of crashes!

Madprofessor
06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
If this is the best of the best, then new coders are needed. This new version crashes all of the time. Then, it cannot connect to the server. I have to clear the app cache and force quit, then reboot before I can connect again.

When will the truly new and stable version arrive? I have crashed while working a whale and lost everything because it was left laying on the floor from the crash. I have had buildings decide to upgrade themselves two at a time with a completion date more than 13 years down the road!!!!!!! I had to sell those upgraded buildings in order to upgrade important ones, with a two week delay while I waited for support. They still have not really done anything either. Just a note 6 days later asking if it fixed itself or not. Really?!

And now, if you look at a target's stats, leave and look again, the stats multiply. Every time back in, cranked up to millions. Who is the idiot that programmed that little "feature?"

dpghost mobile
06-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I had an issue with the upgrade, and it crashed repeatedly till I made it read the server again.
Maybe they changed some parameter in the new data set, don't know, everything is possible.
So hard to find good people today

Jammed Up
06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
So....when does the IOS update come out that lets us change our names?

proweider
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
what is the current version? cant remember if i downloaded it...but i badly need it cause there are missing thousend of points for my att/def...

Mr_Eenoog
06-04-2013, 12:55 AM
The donation log is great! But now my att & def stats has dropped drasticly, like 30-60k. Anyone else got this problem?

jimb0b
06-04-2013, 04:17 AM
The donation log is great! But now my att & def stats has dropped drasticly, like 30-60k. Anyone else got this problem?

Yea my Def stats dropped by over 100k and attack stats by 60k. sent in a ticket and had no response. also had alot of another issues like game freezing, restarting app to collect money, casualties increased massively when attacking people 1/2 your size( loosing 2 units every 4 attacks/raids). game no longer drops units in PVE missions. Proper mess!

grindingace
06-04-2013, 06:13 PM

iOS update to follow!

The Andriod updates are great, but the frequent "Data Pushes" only cause the older Android devices crash during download. It often requires repeated attempts to get the new data. Then often it downloads as invalid data.

I'd rather see more frequent updates and less Data Pushes.

alanlod
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah works fine for me but seem to have issues with datasets now and then

sraghav42
06-05-2013, 09:30 AM
When will it come on ios

EvilScottsman
06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
So theres a new mission in thisthe update calledthe "topple the twintowers" i definitely dont appreciate that... i get that its just a game but as anAmerican citizen thats disrespectful!!!

Eppley
06-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Where do you see that mission?

Jammed Up
06-06-2013, 06:39 PM
... but as anAmerican citizen thats disrespectful!!!

As one American citizen to another, get over it. Seriously.

FYI, I was working at the Boeing plant in Renton WA the morning of the 9/11 attacks. They used airplanes I helped build to do their terrorist attack, so it hit kind of close to home if you know what I mean. As a matter of fact, we'd just finished celebrating the 1,000 737 to come off the line about 2 weeks earlier.

But I've managed to get over it and if I can, so can you. If not, feel free to take your anger to the grave if you prefer.

Sudsy
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
If there was truly a mission like that, I would pull both my accounts without hesitation. I think he's yanking your chain, Jammed.

Dilligaf13
06-07-2013, 11:44 AM
The only difference I'm seeing is the stupid blue dot, game is crashing even more then it was before. Thanks for the try but as usual no success.

Oops, sorry, found the donation log. I was under the impression that the new donation thing was going to take the donations out of the forum and place them on a seperate page, I guess I was wrong. The donations are still on the forum and when you open up the donation log you can't read the amount, only shows 6 numbers and I know we are donation more then 6 figures. Not sure if this is just happening on my phone or not but it is no help at all for me.

Lighthill
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
My faction member just got beaten 17 times, even though our Defense Leader never went down! :confused:

Sup with that?

Monty31
06-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Any chance this makes it to the Amazon store for Kindles?

I ended up deleting game and sideloading it from google

mrskll
06-12-2013, 08:42 AM
I have the donation log, but when I first got it...it seems like it reset myself and half the faction and the other half to the same like they had been donating all along...I've been with this faction from day 1, because my husband and myself started it, and the 1st time I noticed the log it showed I had only donated 44 blocks and my husband 47, but someone else who hasent been there from the start showed like 800 blocks...so what good is the log doing me? thanks

SPWD
06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Well I did the update which gave me the log etc but it kept crashing as usual but also started crashing while I was half way through raiding people and took the stamina off me but kept the bloody money!
I also did another update this morning and it must have crashed 10times at least while raiding and I'm probably down 10million which I was trying to get for the new building that came with the new update.
I've sent a ticket in and also every time it crashes I report it so hopefully they will do something about the 30 reports they will be getting a day!!!!

mrskll
06-12-2013, 01:30 PM
yes mine has been crashing MORE than usual just trying to go to someones base! And still dont get this donation log
its half right and half wrong!

brendan_proude
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
for some reason when I send an ticket to support to contact them they never email me back with a reply or a confirmation that they got it. are they supposed to do earthier of those things?

second my game is messed up, I am on the mission 5/30 of gone rogue and for some reason when I try to go to the oil rig the game crashes or it just keeps saying traveling to oil rig and does not go there. I can get into it by traveling to a different map then going to the oil rig but then only the boats show up and the whole map is grass or sand and I can do the boats part but I cant attack the artillery officer because none of the people show up. how can I fix this or what can I do to fix this.

I think this glitch is pretty stupid because now I cant get my unit

Hhr Military
06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Glitches not fixed , u sill haven't fixed the forced stop issue , and can get rid of of that new blue hexegon u guys have put up its rather annoying , hate seeing hide part of my base , come on guys , I don't want to kno about other games , I jus play this one , thank u

SPWD
06-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Shocking absolutely shocking it's ten times worse than before but it every time it crashes I'm reporting it, so they are getting ALOT of reports easily 30 a DAY for god sake and get rid of that stupid blue dot.
It's bad enough with all the other problems but they don't seem to care that you can't play the game, pretty soon I won't be playing, also the new freezing and crashing things do it when you are raiding, you raid and use your stamina and it crashes and takes the bloody money and your stamina, and I've no idea what I've had on a scratch card for months what's completely laughable is this is the UPDATE lol its frickin worse!!!
Will I get the lost stamina or millions of cash back I've lost, of course I won't, ridiculous!!

ffp
06-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Even though android issues aren't as bad as ios right now, it is a stab in the dark when attacking as 1)my attack numbers vary from 70%-100% of stated values 2)rival defense numbers aren't correct, not even the first set. 3)force closes at inappropriate times

Gree you really need to take one month off where no events are held and fix these screwups or you will lose more money in the long run. I have seen many abandoned bases, not just free players but gold users. Not only are you losing users, you are turning gold players to free players.

roblupi
06-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Crashes/freezes are 10 times worse since the new event started. If/when I am actually able to log on, I can't do anything, or the game freezes and crashes my phone! My phone is now f*&*(& ! It is in "safe mode" now, after restarts, battery pulls, ect... F U Gree

ash.dew
06-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Even though android issues aren't as bad as ios right now, it is a stab in the dark when attacking as 1)my attack numbers vary from 70%-100% of stated values 2)rival defense numbers aren't correct, not even the first set. 3)force closes at inappropriate times

Gree you really need to take one month off where no events are held and fix these screwups or you will lose more money in the long run. I have seen many abandoned bases, not just free players but gold users. Not only are you losing users, you are turning gold players to free players.

Totally agreed, ffp!! I don't know who in the Gree cam up with the most screwed up idea of creating different combat settings for iOS and Android platforms. Was Gree supported by Apple earlier? And Android tycoons just chipped in more money now, so they tried to showcase stats better for Android users?? huh!!

Learn it fast Gree, your golden periods will be over soon.

Yash ~ Redneck Raiders

redham
06-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I have 2 Droid accounts and 1 IOS account
Known massive issues with droid. Developers please look into.
Last FVF Battlepoint event

- Game play speed is ¼ of that of IOS
- It appears that you’re your servers are way overloaded for fvf type of event (this has improved since the FvF is over)
- If you come back to the game from suspend mode the game with crash and require a restart
Basically go to another program while playing and then toggle back to the back the game. The game fails to reload and stalls out.

Regular game play issues
- Going back into the game from suspend mode will stall and crash the game
- The patch as of 6/17/2013 is changed the atk/def stats and move it back up about 15% but has caused a serious problem with pvp battles variables
- Previously there was a 20% +/- in attack / Defense variable when attacking someone, since the patch, the variable is not 35 to 40%. So my 550K attack will now get a 325K actual battle attack score

You can forgo the fvf special events if your programing is not clean, but you CANNOT play the game when it crashes consistently and the pvp battle variable is so obviously broken.

Prvt. Parts
06-18-2013, 07:16 AM
YES. This. You nailed all of the issues I've seen on Android as well. Your post should get it's own sticky.

Anyone with programming knowledge know whether Android apps are intrinsically more likely have types of problems like this?

I played a friends' account on iOS this past weekend, and it's true that the game play is far superior and more smooth there. Also, the new 6/17 patch has slowed down the game even more with more crashes and little bugs, although I am happy about the stat display fixes.

I have 2 Droid accounts and 1 IOS account
Known massive issues with droid. Developers please look into.
Last FVF Battlepoint event ...

....You can forgo the fvf special events if your programing is not clean, but you CANNOT play the game when it crashes consistently and the pvp battle variable is so obviously broken.

Philly982
06-18-2013, 08:01 AM
The new update on 6/17/13 has all but made the game unplayable. After the update, it semi-worked fine (with all of the aforementioned issues), but as soon as it completed the data download in-game it resets all my launcher crates back to 0. When I click on the launcher icon I receive a message saying that Modern War could not load due to invalid game data and that I need to delete and reinstall the app. I have done so and had to repeat this constant cycle now 8 different times. Is anyone else having this issue?

digital717
06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
YES. This. You nailed all of the issues I've seen on Android as well. Your post should get it's own sticky.

Anyone with programming knowledge know whether Android apps are intrinsically more likely have types of problems like this?

I played a friends' account on iOS this past weekend, and it's true that the game play is far superior and more smooth there. Also, the new 6/17 patch has slowed down the game even more with more crashes and little bugs, although I am happy about the stat display fixes.

I agree. I have four accounts. One android and three iPad/iPhone. The android runs the worst out of the four. Always lagging and getting messages like:: cannot connect to server....I go to raid/attack and it just sits in space for about a minute to come back and tell me player is too weak to fight....base is half missing sometimes....modern war isnt responding/ has crashed....etc etc.......

Since the recent update my stats went up on the android unit only.....it went back to the stats it used to be several months back! Crazy that they can't put both sources on the same program and get bigger servers so there is no slow down or errors. They had to expect an overload for the fvf event. It seemed to be more activity than the WD event. Smh. Hopefully sooner than later there will be a solution/ update that everyone is somewhat satisfied with.

DeT Bob
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r661/DET-Bobar/Hair_zpse2b8c56c.jpg

seems they always mess up something - even the ladies hair this time.... ;-)

Prvt. Parts
06-18-2013, 01:47 PM
I did a little experiment with an ally with similar stats/level as me, if anyone is interested.
1) Checked ally's profile: 56k defense
2) Asked ally what he saw on his profile, and it was 70k
3) Un-allied him and checked his profile: still 56k
4) Attacked him 3 times: 58k-59k defense

FYI my attack reads as about 70k on my profile, and I lost 1 out of 3 of those attacks. (My hits were between 57-62k). This means Android players are seeing in their own profile some kind of bizarre over-boosted stat, but are seeing something close to accurate on their rivals' and allies' profiles, although it seems as though allies' boosts are not displaying (rival boosts are not supposed to display).

ffp
06-18-2013, 04:38 PM
F you Gree, you force people to upgrade to a buggy version and blocked the use of the less F*ed version (3.6 on android doesn't work anymore)?

Come on, be real. Those stats in our profile are way overinflated, for me by at least 30%. This is like a fat guy standing in front of a concave mirror thinking he's thin, and wondering why he can't fit in an airplane seat.

Philly982
06-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Come on, be real. Those stats in our profile are way overinflated, for me by at least 30%. This is like a fat guy standing in front of a concave mirror thinking he's thin, and wondering why he can't fit in an airplane seat.

LMAO.......thanks FFP! I really needed something to help crack a smile after all the issues now going on.

Mad Babs
06-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Did the update include the fix for the bug that made my wig fall off my head for my character? Just curious. Although it is quite funny to look at all the females in my faction almost hairless! LOL

Babs~

ffp
06-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Nope, this is the update that introduced that bug.

Did the update include the fix for the bug that made my wig fall off my head for my character? Just curious. Although it is quite funny to look at all the females in my faction almost hairless! LOL

Babs~

ExtremeP7
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I did a little experiment with an ally with similar stats/level as me, if anyone is interested.
1) Checked ally's profile: 56k defense
2) Asked ally what he saw on his profile, and it was 70k
3) Un-allied him and checked his profile: still 56k
4) Attacked him 3 times: 58k-59k defense

FYI my attack reads as about 70k on my profile, and I lost 1 out of 3 of those attacks. (My hits were between 57-62k). This means Android players are seeing in their own profile some kind of bizarre over-boosted stat, but are seeing something close to accurate on their rivals' and allies' profiles, although it seems as though allies' boosts are not displaying (rival boosts are not supposed to display).

Well said Private. This update is a giant step backward. It puts all of us android users at a disadvantage not knowing what are true stats are. GREE, please note!

ABcostumer
06-20-2013, 05:29 PM

sapper99
06-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Well I had no problems until this update, now i cant even get the game to load. the loading bar gets 3/4 way full then it crashes. it says, the application modern war has stopped unexpectedly.

sledge 187
06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I did a little experiment with an ally with similar stats/level as me, if anyone is interested.1) Checked ally's profile: 56k defense2) Asked ally what he saw on his profile, and it was 70k3) Un-allied him and checked his profile: still 56k4) Attacked him 3 times: 58k-59k defenseFYI my attack reads as about 70k on my profile, and I lost 1 out of 3 of those attacks. (My hits were between 57-62k). This means Android players are seeing in their own profile some kind of bizarre over-boosted stat, but are seeing something close to accurate on their rivals' and allies' profiles, although it seems as though allies' boosts are not displaying (rival boosts are not supposed to display).This all depends on if the ally you speak of is ios or android. If he was android then you are exactly right but If they are on ios then maybe your atk is truly 70k and the fight screen is showing low numbers?

Player2
06-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Can it be that, the new stats shown is
the highest possible theoretical reachable,
which will only be used if you meet that special rival - which has all the right units to bring out all the bonusses of your own units?

The ying to your yang opponent .. or is it the other way around?

iKing_PR
07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
i was trying to update the game and suddenly i got a message that said error insuficient storage i was WT.... i do have a lot of space now i uninstalled the game and now i cannot install it? im so pissed off right now i have done a lot on this game even spend gold so i cannot install nor play it please help me ! :mad:

Cpsecrets
07-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Our faction leader has bn locked out of her game since this update. Any suggestions on fixes? We have emailed customer support about appointing a new leader cause we can't do anything!! But of course no response.

PLEASE HELP :(